Author New Ship Name Suggestion Thread  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Ship Name Suggestion Thread
« on: March 08, 2017, 11:37:18 PM »
Read this:
  • This thread will be open for 3 days.
  • You can submit as many names as you'd like for the new ship.
  • There will be a poll thread after this (and it will be open for 3 days)
  • If a ship's name is mentioned by a few people- we will consider adding it to the poll.
  • The poll for ship name will run much like the poll for ship class.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Ian Galloway

• Ship Representive's
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Ship Name Suggestion Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 11:45:26 PM »
I suggest the USS Temeraire.

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 11:48:30 PM »
USS Challenger

Kyan's Bio
“Reality can destroy the dream; why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?”
- George Moore-

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Tech support? No... no tech support here...
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 11:52:04 PM »
If Prometheus:

According to MemBeta (no memalpha available) ships usually followed greek mythos and gods.

Therefore,

The USS Aries, the greek god of war (It's a prommie- that's a warship plain and simple.

If Excelsior (YAY):

Ships usually followed Greek or roman creatures and beasts.

Therefore,

The USS Chiron, named for the oldest and wisest Centaur in the Greek Mythos. A fitting name for an older hull.

If Luna:
Were named for the moons of the Sol system in both Memory Alpha and Beta.

THEREFORE:

Metis, Adrastea, Amalthea, Thebe, Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, Themisto, Leda, Himalia, Lysithea, Elara, Dia, Carpo, or TITAN

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 11:53:09 PM »
USS Babble: Named after the accord that helped found the Federation.

USS Surak: Named after the famous Vulcan philosopher.

USS Yamato: Named after the line of famous ships in the Japanese military.

USS Monitor: Named after the first ironclad.

USS Constitution: Famous wooden ship that stayed alive for a long side. Nicknamed "Old Ironsides".

USS Jeroboam: Named after the ship from Moby-Dick.

USS Kirk: Come on. Dude is literally a legend in our point in time. He deserves a ship named after him.

Offline Steven Black

• The wolf and the dog do not play together.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 12:02:15 AM »
USS Lincoln

USS Missouri

USS Arizona

USS Stonewall

USS Doohan

USE Montgomery

"Knowledge Speaks But Wisdom Listens - Jimi Hendrix"

Offline Jettis Jyur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Just this once, Rose, Everybody lives!
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 12:06:35 AM »
I'll pose the USS Paramount. It has a nice look to it when put next to all the rest of the ships.
If it's a heavier-duty ship, the USS Juggernaut
Or, the USS Chevrolet

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• What does this big red button do?
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 12:13:51 AM »
I like USS Missouri, it would be great to have the mighty mo in the fleet, very good idea.

And some one said USA Chiron in Skype, one word. Yes.

My own addition USS Surprise

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 12:16:34 AM »
I like USS Missouri, it would be great to have the mighty mo in the fleet, very good idea.

And some one said USA Chiron in Skype, one word. Yes.

My own addition USS Surprise

The USS Surprise totally gets a vote because I wanna hear all the one-liners based on it.

Klingon General: "Where are you hiding you son-of-a-targ...."
Will: "Surprise! Right behind this meteorite! Pew-pew! Now your engines are exploded!"

Dylan: "Surprise Captain! Our deflector dish is down!"

"Romulans? Big surprise."

Offline Julia Rellek

• Flag Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 12:16:53 AM »
USS Babble: Named after the accord that helped found the Federation.

USS Surak: Named after the famous Vulcan philosopher.

USS Yamato: Named after the line of famous ships in the Japanese military.

USS Monitor: Named after the first ironclad.

USS Constitution: Famous wooden ship that stayed alive for a long side. Nicknamed "Old Ironsides".

USS Jeroboam: Named after the ship from Moby-Dick.

USS Kirk: Come on. Dude is literally a legend in our point in time. He deserves a ship named after him.

Everytime we do this you suggest Babble ... and everytime I throw my support behind it! Lets make this happen. Love this idea.
Site Administrator

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline Alexander Wu

• Academy Instructor
  • Second Officers
  • Veteran Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 12:19:47 AM »
USS Révolution

USS Blackfish

USS Redemption

USS Boaty Mcboatface

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Academy Commandant
  • Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 12:21:07 AM »
As a Vulcan and polyglot, the two I really like are USS Révolution and USS Surak.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Solluk

• Experienced Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 12:28:14 AM »
USS R'Mor, for a Romulan Astrophysicist who attempted to aid Voyager while she was stranded in the Delta quadrant.  (Although he was ultimately unsuccessful, perhaps the Federation would honor him and also offer up a notable Romulan as a gesture of respect to the Romulan Empire.)

USS Ketteract, the first Federation Physicist to synthesize an Omega molecule.  (Probably also the last.  Despite the tragedy surrounding this event, it was a notable scientific achievement.)

USS Hypatia, named for a great female scholar of the ancient world (in honor of international women's day, I include this possibility.  Note that there was a shuttle called Hypatia once, but there's no reason a starship couldn't or shouldn't carry the name now.)

USS Kraus, named for John D. Kraus, a physicist who- among his other achievements- made the initial proposal for SETI, the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence, and participated in its early efforts.

Offline William Waring

• Competent Member
  • Commodore Coffee
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 01:45:28 AM »
USS Wasp

USS Yorktown

USS Lexington

USS Hornet

USS Iowa

USS South Carolina

USS North Carolina

USS Massachusetts
Do you smell coffee?
Bio of the Caffeine Addict

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 02:05:17 AM »
Just so it's noted, I'm supporting the following things that have been previously mentioned:

USS Challenger
USS Aries (Athena & Aries ftw)
USS Surprise
USS Hypatia

Things I'm kinda "meh" on:
USS Arizona: We had one of these not so long ago.
USS Révolution: We also had one of these not so long ago... in a different sense.

@Julia: I have slipped USS Babble into threads as an act of defiance! She shall rise one day!

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Flight Control Instructor
  • Experienced Member
  • May fortune favor the foolish
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 02:35:10 AM »
I think in honor of the newest cannon Trek captain, Ohio, Armageddon or Draco would be appropriate

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Offline Alex Campbell

• Probationer
  • Hello boys! I'm BAAAAAACK!
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 04:26:09 AM »
USS Hornet. Named after the famous WW2 Aircraft Carrier that launched the Doolittle raid against Japan.

Click the ID Card to go to this character's biography.

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D
anything