Something Old, Something New [Ash/Savar]

Started by Dylan Torngate, March 08, 2017, 03:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Torngate

[Starbase 225]

Dylan sat in the docking bay of the starbase, looking out at the hull of the "Life's Desire". It was a freighter that he'd been lent some time ago, from his old Chief of Engineering, Savar Dorran. Dylan had had it in his name for quite a while, and it was time to return.

The Athena was on a mission without most of her crew, for reasons unknown. From what Dylan could tell some Admiral had requisitioned the ship for some pleasure cruise, but had left the crew behind. Dylan swore if they broke his engines he'd kill them all. One does simply mess with a man's engine room.

Savar was back in the area, after being transferred away before Dylan could return the ship. Right now he was planning on taking it out for a spin to return it, but he didn't want to go right now. He was feeling a bit lethargic. So here he sat, in freighter regular uniforming and jacket, but adding below the patch of the Tranquility his family's freighter that he'd lost his family on, of what he still held memories of. The patch he'd added was a custom design for the Life's Desire, which was kinda weird but also very fitting for the ship, following the design of a historical ship he'd found, the ECS Horizon. It was fitting, really.

Dylan had his commbadge in his pocket, but he wasn't paying attention to it. Right now he was just enjoying the hustle and bustle of the station around him. To anyone who didn't know better, he was just another freighter pilot with a strangely-Federation-Regulation haircut. But even that was a bit off. He'd need a haircut soon.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Savar Dorran

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on March 08, 2017, 03:32:47 AM

[Starbase 225]

Dylan sat in the docking bay of the starbase, looking out at the hull of the "Life's Desire". It was a freighter that he'd been lent some time ago, from his old Chief of Engineering, Savar Dorran. Dylan had had it in his name for quite a while, and it was time to return.

The Athena was on a mission without most of her crew, for reasons unknown. From what Dylan could tell some Admiral had requisitioned the ship for some pleasure cruise, but had left the crew behind. Dylan swore if they broke his engines he'd kill them all. One doesn't simply mess with a man's engine room.

Savar was back in the area, after being transferred away before Dylan could return the ship. Right now he was planning on taking it out for a spin to return it, but he didn't want to go right now. He was feeling a bit lethargic. So here he sat, in freighter regular uniforming and jacket, but adding below the patch of the Tranquility his family's freighter that he'd lost his family on, of what he still held memories of. The patch he'd added was a custom design for the Life's Desire, which was kinda weird but also very fitting for the ship, following the design of a historical ship he'd found, the ECS Horizon. It was fitting, really.

Dylan had his commbadge in his pocket, but he wasn't paying attention to it. Right now he was just enjoying the hustle and bustle of the station around him. To anyone who didn't know better, he was just another freighter pilot with a strangely-Federation-Regulation haircut. But even that was a bit off. He'd need a haircut soon.

[Starbase 225 - Promenade]

Savar strolled through the starbase, having spent to long away from the grey-white walls and shiny panels of a Starfleet installation he smiled as he almost bathed in it. His pace was more than leisurely as he weaved across the promenade. Like a leaf in the lower course of a river he meandered his way along as people seemed to rush by, though that was an illusion of his snail rivaling pace. Dressed casually, he was unwittingly as inconspicuous as Dylan, and had it not been for a brief message telling him to meet him "Around section 3." on the promenade Savar would have wandered much longer and far less productively. If indeed wandering ever produced much quantifiable productivity.

None-the-less, Savar's eyes finally spotted Dylan's face in the throng, as eyes are wont to do when you least expect it. His rakish grin split across his benign features and he slipped through the crowd towards the freighter-overalls of Dylan. It felt like an age since he'd last seen him. Savar's hair was on the long side of recommended dress-code by several inches of loose brown curls, but he had rather enjoyed a stint in a more relaxed environment as he sorted out family matters. He waved a hand to try and catch Dylan's attention as Savar emerged from the bustle of people.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Savar Dorran on March 08, 2017, 05:27:09 AM

[Starbase 225 - Promenade]

Savar strolled through the starbase, having spent to long away from the grey-white walls and shiny panels of a Starfleet installation he smiled as he almost bathed in it. His pace was more than leisurely as he weaved across the promenade. Like a leaf in the lower course of a river he meandered his way along as people seemed to rush by, though that was an illusion of his snail rivaling pace. Dressed casually, he was unwittingly as inconspicuous as Dylan, and had it not been for a brief message telling him to meet him "Around section 3." on the promenade Savar would have wandered much longer and far less productively. If indeed wandering ever produced much quantifiable productivity.

None-the-less, Savar's eyes finally spotted Dylan's face in the throng, as eyes are wont to do when you least expect it. His rakish grin split across his benign features and he slipped through the crowd towards the freighter-overalls of Dylan. It felt like an age since he'd last seen him. Savar's hair was on the long side of recommended dress-code by several inches of loose brown curls, but he had rather enjoyed a stint in a more relaxed environment as he sorted out family matters. He waved a hand to try and catch Dylan's attention as Savar emerged from the bustle of people.

[225]

Dylan looked up as he saw a hand waving. The man at first was not familiar to Dylan, but as he looked closer he broke into a grin. The waving hand belonged to his old boss, the one who he was waiting to see. He hauled himself to his feet, groaning slightly as he did so. He meandered toward Dorran, the comfortable worn leather of his jacket meshing perfectly with the other people around the area. The only oddity was the two patches on his arm, but that wasn't a big deal. What was a big deal, however, was the fact that Dorran was also wearing freighter clothes- if anything spelt a bad omen for this, it was two freighter children with no supervision. They'd need someone to keep them in line.

He met up with Dorran in the middle between the two of them, at a relatively compared pace as he at first stuck out his hand and then went in for a huge, friendly bear hug. "Been too long, boss." He said, a grin still board on his face. "How you been, you ol' space pirate? Good to see you!" he said, standing a step back and taking in the man. "Guess you've been letting yourself go a bit!" he joked, indicating the not-so-regulation hair but still all in jest. "So, I bet you've got questions as to why you're here." he said, not telling, hoping to build suspense. It wasn't every day one got a gift like this.

Shadow Fleet

Savar Dorran

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on March 08, 2017, 11:43:33 AM

[225]

Dylan looked up as he saw a hand waving. The man at first was not familiar to Dylan, but as he looked closer he broke into a grin. The waving hand belonged to his old boss, the one who he was waiting to see. He hauled himself to his feet, groaning slightly as he did so. He meandered toward Dorran, the comfortable worn leather of his jacket meshing perfectly with the other people around the area. The only oddity was the two patches on his arm, but that wasn't a big deal. What was a big deal, however, was the fact that Dorran was also wearing freighter clothes- if anything spelt a bad omen for this, it was two freighter children with no supervision. They'd need someone to keep them in line.

He met up with Dorran in the middle between the two of them, at a relatively compared pace as he at first stuck out his hand and then went in for a huge, friendly bear hug. "Been too long, boss." He said, a grin still board on his face. "How you been, you ol' space pirate? Good to see you!" he said, standing a step back and taking in the man. "Guess you've been letting yourself go a bit!" he joked, indicating the not-so-regulation hair but still all in jest. "So, I bet you've got questions as to why you're here." he said, not telling, hoping to build suspense. It wasn't every day one got a gift like this.

"Y'know, a little pillaging here, a little paperwork there, the usual." He grinned in response, a stirring in his memories reminding him of Ingar Dorran as the words space pirate slipped across his mind. "I always preferred the term 'Reverse Merchant' anyway." He flashed a grin, the complexities of multiple lives floating through his mind's eye as Dylan spoke again.

"Oh you know how it is," replied Savar, "growing out instead of up- Oh! You mean the hair." He chuckled and ran a hand through his over-long hair and swept it to the side. He looked Dylan up and down, raising an eyebrow in comic suggestion. "These overalls aren't exactly flattering anyway." He smirked.

He nodded as Dylan spoke in vagaries and shrugged "I assumed you didn't just want me for my company." He grinned.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Savar Dorran on March 09, 2017, 05:14:53 PM

"Y'know, a little pillaging here, a little paperwork there, the usual." He grinned in response, a stirring in his memories reminding him of Ingar Dorran as the words space pirate slipped across his mind. "I always preferred the term 'Reverse Merchant' anyway." He flashed a grin, the complexities of multiple lives floating through his mind's eye as Dylan spoke again.

"Oh you know how it is," replied Savar, "growing out instead of up- Oh! You mean the hair." He chuckled and ran a hand through his over-long hair and swept it to the side. He looked Dylan up and down, raising an eyebrow in comic suggestion. "These overalls aren't exactly flattering anyway." He smirked.

He nodded as Dylan spoke in vagaries and shrugged "I assumed you didn't just want me for my company." He grinned.

Dylan nodded, a smile on his face as he began walking, indicating for the man to follow him. "Though in your myriad experiance I'm sure you've run across a pirate or two." he stated as he walked, instinctively ducking under a low bar that he'd found one too many times with his head. When he heard the comment about his own clothes, he rolled his eyes. "If I'm dressing to impress you then I've really run out of people in the universe." he said with a slight, friendly jab in his tone.

"And they work, anyways. Don't knock 'em. A lot better than running around space in a miniskirt" he said, referencing the older styles of uniforms that were... less than productive. Sometimes starfleet came up with less than brilliant ideas.

"Well your company is nice." Dylan admitted, as he prssed a button and entered the docking rings. "But it's not the only reason". As Dylan spoke, there it was, Savar's old ship. If the man noticed it or not was up for debate, but it was time to return unto Savar that what was Savar's. "I have a thing of yours, it seemed like it needed a return."

Dylan had been at work for a while, making minor improvements and tinkerings. He was an engineer, and before that a freighter child. If he was given a ship without direct orders not to mess with it he'd begin working on it. Plus, some of the systems were almost failing. It'd sat out in space for a while.

"Want to go for a spin?" he asked, a wry grin on his face.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

[Starbase 225]

After finishing her latest book, Ash found herself - once again - wandering about with no purpose and very little sense of direction. Upon wandering down her fourteenth corridor, (which was, for all intents and purposes, identical to the previous thirteen corridors she had strolled down), she decided a change was in order. "Computer... Where's Dylan?" It was the first time she had tried asking for directions, and she wasn't quite sure how to go about such a thing.

"Unable to comply." Well. Apparently not like that. "Additional information required. Please restate inquiry." Ash sighed at her technological inadequacy as she she realized her mistake and slightly modified her request. Take two. "Computer, where is Dylan Torngate's location?" It only took a moment for a response to come through. "Dylan Torngate is on the docking ring level... Section: Beta 5... Vessel: Life's Desire."

She stood frozen with wide eyes and a bewildered expression as the computer's words washed over her - and went directly over her head. "Umm... Computer, may I have directions to that place?.. Please?" To her great relief, arrows appeared on the screen to her right, pointing down the hallway, and continued appearing as she moved. Even with her nonexistent sense of direction, it would only be a short while before Ash would reach her destination.

[Docking Ring - Section: Beta 5]

Ash rounded a corner, her eyes already searching for the next screen and, unfortunately, not watching where she was going. She collided with a rather tall man in freighter overalls and went sprawling onto the floor, her hair falling across her face as her left knee collided uncomfortably with the floor. Apologies rushed from her mouth while she pushed herself into a sitting position with a little wince. "I'm so sorry! I should've been paying more attention! I was just trying to find my way to my friend and I was looking for the next screen with directions, and - and - ugh. I'm sorry. I'm an idiot."

Savar Dorran

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on March 10, 2017, 01:00:07 PM

Dylan nodded, a smile on his face as he began walking, indicating for the man to follow him. "Though in your myriad experiance I'm sure you've run across a pirate or two." he stated as he walked, instinctively ducking under a low bar that he'd found one too many times with his head. When he heard the comment about his own clothes, he rolled his eyes. "If I'm dressing to impress you then I've really run out of people in the universe." he said with a slight, friendly jab in his tone.

He grinned and retorted "You haven't? I figured that was why I was here in the first place."

"And they work, anyways. Don't knock 'em. A lot better than running around space in a miniskirt" he said, referencing the older styles of uniforms that were... less than productive. Sometimes starfleet came up with less than brilliant ideas.

"Well your company is nice." Dylan admitted, as he prssed a button and entered the docking rings. "But it's not the only reason". As Dylan spoke, there it was, Savar's old ship. If the man noticed it or not was up for debate, but it was time to return unto Savar that what was Savar's. "I have a thing of yours, it seemed like it needed a return."

Dylan had been at work for a while, making minor improvements and tinkerings. He was an engineer, and before that a freighter child. If he was given a ship without direct orders not to mess with it he'd begin working on it. Plus, some of the systems were almost failing. It'd sat out in space for a while.

"Want to go for a spin?" he asked, a wry grin on his face.

More focused on avoiding the bar, the 6'2" Trill had not spotted his old ship through the viewport, yet a small smile began to creep onto his face as he began to suspect Dylan's motives. Before he could respond however a small, high velocity female collided with his aft. He stumbled a step and whirled about, surprised to see a black haired young lady sat somewhat miserably on the floor. "You doing okay there miss?" He held out a hand "Can we uh, can we help you?"

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on March 12, 2017, 06:22:58 AM

[Docking Ring - Section: Beta 5]

Ash rounded a corner, her eyes already searching for the next screen and, unfortunately, not watching where she was going. She collided with a rather tall man in freighter overalls and went sprawling onto the floor, her hair falling across her face as her left knee collided uncomfortably with the floor. Apologies rushed from her mouth while she pushed herself into a sitting position with a little wince. "I'm so sorry! I should've been paying more attention! I was just trying to find my way to my friend and I was looking for the next screen with directions, and - and - ugh. I'm sorry. I'm an idiot."

Quote from: Savar Dorran on March 14, 2017, 04:24:04 AM

He grinned and retorted "You haven't? I figured that was why I was here in the first place."

More focused on avoiding the bar, the 6'2" Trill had not spotted his old ship through the viewport, yet a small smile began to creep onto his face as he began to suspect Dylan's motives. Before he could respond however a small, high velocity female collided with his aft. He stumbled a step and whirled about, surprised to see a black haired young lady sat somewhat miserably on the floor. "You doing okay there miss?" He held out a hand "Can we uh, can we help you?"

[Section Beta 5]

Dylan turned around to look at Savar, trying to gauge his reaction. Before he could, though, a figure had rushed across his vision, into Savar, and was now in a lump on the floor. He moved to help the person up, as Dorran did the same, before realizing who it was. "Well... Ain't this just a surprise. Hey Ash." he said with a smile. "What are you doing here?" he asked, before realizing the two people had not met. "Savar Dorran, meet Ashlynn Ren Morgaine." He said. "She's usually a lot more graceful, aren'tchya, Jackrabbit?" he said, already teasing her a bit. "Fancy seeing you here." he said with a smile, glad to actually see someone else from the Athena here. Most of the rest had scattered to the four winds while the ship was busy.

Shadow Fleet

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Savar Dorran on March 14, 2017, 04:24:04 AM

[Docking Ring - Section Beta 5]

Ashlynn looked up through her tangled mess of hair with an abashed expression on her face. "I'm fine! I'm fine, don't worry! I just should have been watching where I was going." Ash brushed her hair out of her face with her hand and moved to take the hand extended towards her, only to freeze, jaw dropping, as she recognized the voice of the man offering a second hand down to her.

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on March 14, 2017, 12:54:45 PM

[Section Beta 5]

Dylan turned around to look at Savar, trying to gauge his reaction. Before he could, though, a figure had rushed across his vision, into Savar, and was now in a lump on the floor. He moved to help the person up, as Dorran did the same, before realizing who it was. "Well... Ain't this just a surprise. Hey Ash." he said with a smile. "What are you doing here?" he asked, before realizing the two people had not met. "Savar Dorran, meet Ashlynn Ren Morgaine." He said. "She's usually a lot more graceful, aren'tchya, Jackrabbit?" he said, already teasing her a bit. "Fancy seeing you here." he said with a smile, glad to actually see someone else from the Athena here. Most of the rest had scattered to the four winds while the ship was busy.

"Dylan?! Actually, believe it or not, I was looking for you, clanker!" Ash looked back and forth between the her friend and the man she had collided with, whom she now recognized to be a Trill. Slight surprise was evident on her face for a brief moment longer, but it quickly morphed into a bashful smile as Ash accepted the had offered to her by the man who Dylan introduced as Savar. "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir. I wish I could say that Dylan's right, but unfortunately I've always been somewhat lacking in grace. I don't normally go bowling down strangers though. Promise."

Pushing herself to her feet, Ash looked around the docking ring at the ship docked behind Dylan before speaking again. "So... This is Life's Desire? She's a pretty ship." 'Pretty' wasn't exactly the right word for it, but the ship definitely had a sort of unseen grace - 'character' might be the best way to describe it.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.