Author A real life Voyager story... anyone interested?  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Albus Marvel

• Probationer
  • Pure energy.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A real life Voyager story... anyone interested?
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2017, 08:28:11 AM »
I'm just gonna re-post from above, because it's still 100% accurate. :)

I've got a Klingon Bird-of-Prey standing by and a copy of the Haynes Manual for reference!

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." --Plato

Offline Rhymus Cleroux

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »
I did not think there was an actual owner manual for Klingon Bird-of-Preys... Do they come in Battlecruiser flavor?

Offline Albus Marvel

• Probationer
  • Pure energy.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2017, 02:58:20 PM »
Not that I'm aware of, but there's a nifty fleet comparison section near the back of the book for reference.

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." --Plato

Offline Rhymus Cleroux

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2017, 01:23:46 AM »
Are there still plans to make this happen? Please? Maybe?

Offline Albus Marvel

• Probationer
  • Pure energy.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2017, 04:54:14 PM »
I'm still in for this!

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Ship Representive's
  • Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2017, 05:17:31 PM »
I'm still up for it too

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2017, 11:29:47 PM »
And so then we must do it! Let the planning commence.

Kyan's Bio
“Reality can destroy the dream; why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?”
- George Moore-

Offline Elijah Aldin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2017, 11:42:17 AM »
First step, let's have a list of all who wish to participate. I'll edit it as we go.

Kyan Mackenzie
Albus Marvel
Lizzie Vaughn
Rhymus Cleroux
Dylan Torngate

If there be anyone else, simply reply here and I'll add you!

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2017, 11:43:15 AM »
^ What he said.... except me saying it :P

Kyan's Bio
- George Moore-

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2017, 11:53:44 AM »
I'll throw my hat in, sure!

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2017, 12:04:08 PM »
Is this an idea for a special SIMM event like the SS Falcon and the NX Lexington?

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Ship Representive's
  • Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2017, 12:23:53 PM »
Is this an idea for a special SIMM event like the SS Falcon and the NX Lexington?

Similar except it is more of a flotilla of ships stranded in the Delta Quadrent

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor

Offline Steven Black

• The wolf and the dog do not play together.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2017, 02:09:37 PM »
my first ever RP was as Chakotay

"Knowledge Speaks But Wisdom Listens - Jimi Hendrix"

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2017, 02:21:44 PM »
I'll give it a go then.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2017, 02:41:55 PM »
Here is a synopsis of the idea from the first post.

Ok, so we've all seen Voyager. Some of us liked it... some of us didn't. What I want to know is if anyone is interested in doing a Voyager reboot story... which of course would take place on a different ship with our own characters. Here is the concept.

We combine elements of the following

-DS9 episode "Valiant"
- Star Trek Voyager
- [reboot] Battlestar Galactica

to create our own story. The basic backstory is thus...

- There exists an anomaly that pulls in random ships every so often. [ X years between cycles] These ships come from different times, but arrive at the same moment. So at once you'll have ships from all eras and locations pulled into one place. Could have an NX Class pulled in at the same time as a Klingon Negh Var Class ship, or a Vulcan ship from 300 years ago, or a very early Earth ship... or whatever we choose. Some of the ships are badly damaged by the trip and unsalvageable, but there are some people alive aboard them. So we would then have all these various people together in one place and have to put together a crew, and find [or scrounge together] our ship from parts. Then we go about our lives in this new area, or try to get home.... wherever that is.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested... let's brainstorm and see what we can come up with. We can run the pilot mission on the holodeck here and see where it goes!

Kyan's Bio
- George Moore-

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Tech support? No... no tech support here...
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2017, 03:15:59 PM »
We had also stated, the more advanced the ship technology wise, the worse off the ship was damage wise.

Offline Albus Marvel

• Probationer
  • Pure energy.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2017, 03:24:28 PM »
Right, that way we all start on a somewhat level playing field. Also, I think it'd be helpful if everyone chose or shared a specialty, like "best at science," "best a combat," "best negotiators," etc., so that everyone gets a chance to shine and no one worries about one ship claiming to be the best at everything, not that anyone would do that.

Top RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D
anything