login

Author A real life Voyager story... anyone interested?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Command Level Officer
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A real life Voyager story... anyone interested?
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2017, 07:20:04 PM »
I'm thinking of doing a Renaissance refit... something that has to be jury rigged to its original systems when the refits malfunction.

As for the character... former Chief Engineer promoted to XO, and now has to be Captain due to the loss of crew. Half Betazed

Offline Savar Dorran

• "SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE" - Death
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2017, 04:08:56 AM »
I love the fleet idea and specifically Kyan's inclusion of the ships from the Starfleet museum page, I for one would love to have one of their antiquated warships or more in the fleet. Maybe a Yorktown-Class carrier :D So then we could have fighter wing
Character Bio; http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php?topic=5787.0

Species; Joined Trill
Age; 34

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2017, 05:36:40 AM »
I love the fleet idea and specifically Kyan's inclusion of the ships from the Starfleet museum page, I for one would love to have one of their antiquated warships or more in the fleet. Maybe a Yorktown-Class carrier :D So then we could have fighter wing

You know... one of those Yorktowns was known as Enterprise... just sayin. :D

Kyan's Bio
“Reality can destroy the dream; why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?”
- George Moore-

Offline James A. Hawke

• Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2017, 03:20:01 PM »
You know... one of those Yorktowns was known as Enterprise... just sayin. :D

I mean I like the fleet, we have to have a certain fleet size, I would also recomend Civies ships from different times too. 

The only problem that I see is that for example if Kyan allows the Excalibur with his crew that ship is from 2400 and every ship there has been missing like Lexington for years, so all we can realistically do is return them to 2400 if we return them prior there is a timeline issue. 

Click on the Badge to see bio

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Tech support? No... no tech support here...
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2017, 04:04:42 PM »
Well it's non-canon so we can have fun with it.

On that note, I feel that we could possibly just have a neural wipe with it, a test from the Q or some such organization.

Offline Solluk

• Experienced Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2017, 04:13:27 PM »
I am excited about Kirok's queries, regarding making this a featured sim.

We should totally work with the admins to make this a featured sim.

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2017, 07:01:26 PM »
I thinking on that line.

I mean I like the fleet, we have to have a certain fleet size, I would also recomend Civies ships from different times too. 

The only problem that I see is that for example if Kyan allows the Excalibur with his crew that ship is from 2400 and every ship there has been missing like Lexington for years, so all we can realistically do is return them to 2400 if we return them prior there is a timeline issue.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Ian Galloway

• Ship Representive's
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2017, 10:37:20 PM »
I originally didn't like Voyager, mainly because Kate Mulgrew reminded me too much of Katherine Hepburn, whom I detested. I've been watching the series on BBC and seem to have gotten over that association. I still detest Katherine Hepburn, but the linkage to Mulgrew doesn't seem to apply anymore with the passage of 20 years.

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2017, 02:38:13 AM »
Hey guys... just so you know, we aren't dead. Let us continue plotting!

Kyan's Bio
- George Moore-

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2017, 03:23:50 AM »
Glad this is still alive!

Offline Albus Marvel

• Probationer
  • Pure energy.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2017, 04:22:16 PM »
This? Still? I've got a Klingon Bird-of-Prey standing by and a copy of the Haynes Manual for reference!

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." --Plato

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2017, 04:26:42 PM »
Who is still down for this and what character/ship shall ye play?

Kyan's Bio
- George Moore-

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2017, 04:59:18 PM »
If we're gonna get this show on the road...

Charles Tyvon, CO, Starship Lexington, NX-06.

Likely gonna change the crew of the ship so as to not mess with other people's charactrs, but yeah!

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Ship Representive's
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2017, 05:58:57 PM »
I'm up for it. I was thinking an old Hospital ship -  Maybe an Olympic class.

Or a Miranda class

The Hospital ship would have much needed facilities but would need protection as it has minimal weapons and shields. 

The Miranda is older, but tougher and even though her technology is dated, it would still be a useful ship to have around. Maybe even crewed by Cadets on a training cruise - such as the opening of Star Trek Online.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor

Offline Kinley Garrison

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2017, 08:17:04 PM »
I think I might be able to do this. If we do wanna bring out our NX, I’ll volunteer Grace.
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Offline Rhymus Cleroux

• Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2017, 08:54:48 PM »
Is it possible I can get in on this? Am I even eligible, considering how new I am?

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2017, 08:59:51 PM »
Hey!

You're totally eligible as you read it- you can either join an existing crew, or create a one-off character or story that puts you in command of a ship. Your call (Unless Kyan contradicts me)

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D
anything