Author A real life Voyager story... anyone interested?  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Solluk

• Experienced Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A real life Voyager story... anyone interested?
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 04:46:06 PM »
So going off the premise that older, smaller ships would have been spared the most damage....has anyone ever seen tje Earth-Romulan War ships on the Starfleet museum page?

I was hoping to get a Ptolemy class tug, myself.  Despite being a cargo hauler, it is substantially smaller than most 'modern' vessels.  She herself is only ~222 meters, a touch longer with a cargo pod attached.  Even with a full pod, an Ambassador class would be multiples of her mass.

USS Fitzgerald NCC-1611 - Missing during mission to carry 10,000 metric tons of anti-deuterium slush to Deep Space Station K-6 in 2267.   Upon arrival, drama might include emergency repairs to the cargo pod to keep its magnetic containment from failing.  The old tug would be kept with the fleet (and desperately protected) because it is the only ship capable of carrying and transporting so much fuel safely.  (Not to mention its utility in antimatter based weaponry, such as photon torpedoes.)  Perhaps commanded by a Lieutenant Commander ranked individual.

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 04:46:13 PM »
Ya know......

Kyan's Bio
“Reality can destroy the dream; why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?”
- George Moore-

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 04:50:29 PM »
I was also thinking of rebooting my Cellan character for this thing, and including one of their battleships...for which I haven't chosen a design... if we are going with the "fleet" premise.. which I like.

Kyan's Bio
- George Moore-

Offline Solluk

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 04:51:06 PM »
Does the tug idea sound okay to you, boss?

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 04:52:22 PM »
It does. So far we have

A tug
A Daedalus
An as yet unnamed Battlecruiser from the 2200's of Trill Design

Good start! :)

Kyan's Bio
- George Moore-

Grix

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »
My research thus far has revealed the following craft:

USS Hera NCC-62006 Nebula Class  Declared lost - No disposition in canon. 

USS Maryland  NCC-45109 Renaissance Class Declared Missing - No disposition in canon.  Presumed destroyed by the Dominion.

USS Proxima NCC-61952 Nebula Class Declared Missing - No disposition in canon.  Presumed destroyed by the Dominion.

USS Cortez Unknown type and registry reported missing while patrolling the Cardassian border, presumed to have been destroyed by a squadron of Jem'Hadar fighters.

USS Cairo    NCC-42136    Lost, presumed destroyed by the Jem'Hadar, in 2374

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 05:51:31 PM »
This for Shadowfleet, like a featured sim?

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2017, 09:57:31 PM »
Holodeck story for now.

Kyan's Bio
- George Moore-

Offline Solluk

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2017, 10:11:03 PM »
Holodeck story for now.

But, you know, I wouldn't mind seeing it go mainstream!

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 07:01:10 AM »
It could at that. Who knows?

So is everyone down with each character COing their own ship then? Or shall we just PC a few ships?

Kyan's Bio
- George Moore-

Offline James H. Hawk

• Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 07:48:40 AM »
This looks interesting and I may join if I have the time which I don't have at the moment.
Academy Security and Tactical Instructor

Offline Jettis Jyur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Just this once, Rose, Everybody lives!
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2017, 04:22:11 PM »
A little bit late to the party but I've just been stalking this thread
100% down for this  :D

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2017, 04:54:12 PM »
So thus far, the following people have expressed that they are definitely in:

Kyan Mackenzie
Dylan Torngate
Ser Conley
Solluk
D'Vid
Kinley Garrison
Jettis Jyur

I think we can officially declare this a go, and begin the story! So the setup is as follows.

1. The anomaly that brings all of our characters to the graveyard appears once every X years. It transports random ships (and small stationary structures) to a distant galaxy. [MACS0647-JD, which is 13.3 billion light years from Earth.] The anomaly drops all ships & small stations into a single location, which is known as the boneyard. It is 2 light years wide, and contains several hundred ships from various races and time periods. Each cycle, the anomaly grabs 55 ships from a specific area and deposits them. (So all of our ships will come from the AQ, or BQ) It grabs them from the entire time spectrum, so there could be an ancient Preserver vessel, or a Brand new ship. (No future ships. Current time and backwards.)

Facts about the anomaly that we can know (In Character)

- Each new ship is deposited at the same moment in time.
       - Larger, more complicated designs seem to take more damage from the trip, and are generally derelict upon arrival.
       - The anomaly presents as a space time distortion. Can be scanned from a few light years away. Once a ship stops to investigate, it grabs them.

With that said, do we all have characters and ships in mind?

Kyan's Bio
- George Moore-

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Tech support? No... no tech support here...
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2017, 04:59:07 PM »
My Characters:

Either my NX mission character (Charles Tyvon) in his NX class ship, OR My borg mission character (Alex Torngate, know known as 3rd of 20),

Only issue with the Borg one would be that he'd be displaced from 2400, only five years past what we currently are, on a sovereign class ship.

I'm fine with either character. I could even do a completely new family member of Dylans :)

Offline James A. Hawke

• Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2017, 05:06:09 PM »
I would be very interested in this.

I would propose, something you mentioned like the Valiant to have a Cadet ship, since all of the characters are trying to figure out who's in charge and all that from the get go.

So in short most of us can be from different era's?

We can always, bring the Excalibur and bring all those characters.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 05:07:22 PM by James A. Hawke »

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Jettis Jyur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Just this once, Rose, Everybody lives!
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2017, 05:50:54 PM »
I have two characters in mind, either Jettis, obviously, or his mother.
In Jettis' history his mother vanished strangely without a trace, and was assumed dead, so obviously she'd also be a good pick. But I just love Jett's character so much I might need to pick him  :P

As for ship, still looking.

Offline Kinley Garrison

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2017, 05:56:01 PM »
Kinley (From either the main or Borg mission timelines) can be great, or I can use Grace if we need another NX type character. I can use whichever character we need.  :)
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D
anything