Author Topic: Exorcising Demons (Closed - T'Ra)  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • That is most illogical...
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Exorcising Demons (Closed - T'Ra)
« on: March 03, 2017, 06:18:50 am »
(Science Lab)

Sevoc had been working on the long range sensors ever since the attack. At this point they were barely to get accurate readings a light year out.

He looked at the clock on the console and noticed it was nearly time for his first session with T'Ra to help rid himself of the lingering effects the virus had had on him.

He made his way back to his quarters to set things up.

(Sevoc's Quarters)

Sevoc dimmed the lights and donned his traditional Vulcan robes. He then lite the ceremonial candles in preparation for what was about to begin.

He tapped the comlink to let Commander T'Ra know he was ready.

=/\="Sevoc to Commander T'Ra. The preparations are complete. When you are ready, please make your way to the place of meeting."=/\=

They had arranged to perform the meld in his quarters, however he did not wish for the whole ship to know what and where things would be.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Exorcising Demons (Closed - T'Ra)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 01:27:00 am »
[Personal Quarters]

T'Ra had been meditating in her quarters. Though her eyes remained closed, she could sense the pulsing heat of the candle burning before her. A sudden, new warmth developed along her stomach as Evan slid his arms around her, whispering in her ear. "It's almost time for your engagement, Schatz." T'Ra could have snorted, and she was sure Evan was grinning from ear to ear, laughing at his own little joke.

Gently, she broke away from his grasp to stand. She tugged at the hem of her robes to smooth the lines, regarding her human companion with a tilted head. "You are free to accompany if you wish," she reminded him, at which he shook his head.

"There are some things that can only be resolved between Vulcans," he replied. "I would only be intruding." T'Ra dipped her head slightly, grateful for his understanding. As she stepped out into the corridor, Evan followed. "Just be careful." With that he set off, leaving her to follow a different path.

T'Ra made her way to the agreed location, pressing the door chime as she reached Lieutenant Sevoc's quarters.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 01:45:28 am »
(Sevoc's Quarters)

"You may enter," Sevoc responded.

T'Ra was the first person he truly considered a friend. Sure she was his superior, but in a way he felt that she truly understood much of what he had gone through. She too was a hybrid, so that helped.

He arose from his knelt position and greeted her as she entered his quarters.

Alt for Leo

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 02:40:38 am »
 [Sevoc's Quarters]

T'Ra entered when beckoned to find Sevoc already seated and waiting. Candles flickered, evoking a demure, meditative atmosphere appropriate for the session at hand.  T'Ra sat herself beside him with a deep breath, conscious of how important these sessions would be for her fellow scientist and Vulcan.

She was all too aware of the daily struggles these demons from the past could bring. Even just to keep them at bay took a tremendous amount of effort, diverting energy that would be better spent at work. But this was not why she was here. She could not forget the emotional turmoil and countless sleepless nights she had suffered. T'Ra wanted something better for Sevoc, who she was beginning to regard as a friend. He deserved some peace in his life. She regarded him with a cocked head and a neutral expression. "Are you ready to begin?"

-Evan Buehler

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 04:40:03 am »
[Sevoc's Quarters]

"I am. However, before we begin," Sevoc replied, "I would like to thank you for taking the time to help me. Many of our people would have just turned a cold shoulder, so to speak. Even after all these years, Vulcans still harbor a bit of distrust toward Andorians. The children I grew up with were less forgiving than humans can be."

His candor was easy when it came to his superior. She was a model example of what a Starfleet officer should be.

Alt for Leo

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 06:35:43 am »
T'Ra acknowledged the thanks with a simple nod. "I could have done no less," she replied. "Though our past experiences are not altogether the same, the underlying principles are close enough that I understand what you must be going through."

She too had experienced the animosity of the other Vulcan children, who seemed to enjoy nothing more than to taunt her for anything that made her different, not Vulcan. She had never understood it, not then nor now. It seemed illogical to resent another's differences.

But again, that was not why she was there, because they'd both had unpleasant childhoods. She was there because he was suffering, and he needed someone to help him through it. She had Evan, who stood by her through all her pain and struggles. Sevoc needed someone, and he seemed to trust her.

T'Ra let out a slow even breath, placing her fingers in the key positions before repeating in a soft tone, "My mind to your mind. My thoughts to your thoughts."

-Evan Buehler

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 06:50:36 am »
Sevoc could feel T'Ra begin to enter his mind. He decided to start at the moments before the virus struck him.

Docking Ring - Starbase Columbus

Sevoc had been misinformed. Luckily he had his PADD and checked the locations. He saw that Dr. McConnell was in the medical bay. He made his way there promptly.

Medical Bay

Alt for Leo

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 07:41:21 am »
T'Ra was immediately hit by an intense, gut-wrenching sense of fear, an emotion so basic and primal that it was rooted deeply in the core of one's being. That driving need to survive that overpowered all else. Not even logic could weather such a storm, it too being forced to bend or break. But there was more to it than just fear, a sense of loss: of self, of logic, of control. And for one raised in the Vulcan way, there was nothing more debilitating, more agonizing, than this.

And before she could react, a le-matya sprang to the foreground, bringing to mind a harrowing experience she had had with one as a child. T'Ra became conscious that her breathing had quickened, and she forced it back to a slower, more even pace.

~Do not be afraid.~ she told him gently. ~You are safe here. You are in control.~ T'Ra had never lead anyone through a process like this, so she was unsure how to proceed. But it was her hope that if she could help him observe his memories, break them down, and see them logically for what they were, that he would be able to leave them in the past where they belonged.

-Evan Buehler

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 01:52:47 am »
This is not the worst, Sevoc replied with a slight fear in his voice. I have come to terms with this part. It is the next step in the journey that I believe is troubling me.

He allowed the words to sink in a bit.

Shall we go further down the rabbit hole, as the humans say?

Alt for Leo

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 08:49:04 am »
T'Ra shifted slightly as she sat, her breaths becoming deeper and slower as she readied herself for what was to come. The sense of fear was ever-present and beginning to mount, like a rising fever that one had to break before the body could begin to cool and heal. ~Let us progress, she acknowledged.

-Evan Buehler

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 04:15:02 pm »
Very well, Sevoc replied.

This is where I believe things started to get mixed up, he speculated.

Alt for Leo

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 07:05:18 am »
T'Ra wasn't entirely prepared for the intensity or longevity of the scene that played out before her. As she watched, she couldn't help but feel as if she were fighting an overwhelming emotional battle on two fronts, with Sevoc as he struggled against his most basic nature and imagined demons, but also with herself as her own troubled past fought desperately to push to break through to the surface of her thoughts.

With some effort, T'Ra managed to shove her memories back into the corner of her mind, though she was finding it increasingly difficult to keep them there. Something about Sevoc's experiences struck a chord with her in a way she was not expecting. His anxiety as he searched frantically for an exit from sickbay was her anxiety as she searched maddeningly for a way to escape the jefferies tubes in which she had been trapped, the transformation of his crewmates into unknown killers was the transformation of her fellow crewmembers into her captors, crawling behind as they made their way through the jefferies tubes on the Shran.

Once again, her breathing had become quick and shallow, and again T'Ra was forced to breathe deep until the racing of her heart had slowed. And then she sensed a change in the atmosphere of Sevoc's mind, as the image of Doctor McConnell reached to place her fingers along Sevoc's face, as T'Ra was doing now. It was a most unusual thing to watch. ~She's giving you the cure...

-Evan Buehler

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 03:33:48 am »
Correct. However, neither of us expected the side effects.

[Starbase Columbus Medical Bay]

Sevoc's mind felt something. He heard Jamie's voice. He made his way over to the sound.

"I'm over here. Help me," he cried out. "I have failed my culture and my planet."

While is consciousness was searching for what little bit of familiarity he could, the vaccination was working. The telepathic antibodies were attacking the virus. His consciousness was so preoccupied with making a connection that he didn't notice the effects the vaccination were beginning to take hold.

Jamie's only experience with Mind Meld had been with her father and it was safe to say that he was very experienced in it.  She, on the other hand, had never had training and if it weren't for the cure that seemed to be taking over her mind, Jamie would have probably messed up by now.  Instead, she went towards the voice that had a tinge of panic in it and tried to sooth it.    Her voice sounded as peaceful as she felt and continued,

Dr. McConnell began to spread the cure over the man's mind like soft butter over hot toast.  Soon it would sooth the virus that was burning through his frontal lobe and cure him.  Jamie only hoped that there hadn't been too much damage done but she would have to observe Sevoc for the following days, not only him but all the infected.  She hoped that the cure would work,   Jamie continued to sooth and spread,

Some of her memories bled over and I began to recall things of hers as part of my own.

Alt for Leo

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 05:49:49 am »
T'Ra could sense how the two minds mingled, the lines between them becoming more blurred. But oddly, it was in these moments that T'Ra experienced the most depth in clarity in Sevoc's memories since beginning the meld. And as an observer, she saw the events in a more objective light. ~I am not certain what is troubling you about this moment,~she told him.

~But perhaps I can help you find the good in it. You have come to know the most basic, most primal aspects of your being. The Katra is not defined by logic alone. This experience, however traumatic, gives you a unique perspective on life. We spend too much time trying to distance ourselves from our emotions to the point that when we are forced to face them, we do not know how.

You were helpless, beyond your own control. Yet here you are and all is once again as it should be. The humans have a saying, that from the ashes of disaster grow the roses of success. There is no way to change what has happened, so do not dwell on this. Use what you have experienced as a stepping stool to learn and serve others. It's going to be ok.
~

-Evan Buehler

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles