Mission 2.1 Discussion Thread

Started by Constance Lafayette, March 02, 2017, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naira

Quote from: Mahak on March 20, 2017, 12:31:34 PM

Good morning team! I am back from leave. Can someone kindly bring me up to speed for the mission?

Sure, I can do that.

The new ship was taken out on a sort of test flight to test the experimental borg technologies it was outfitted with when we encountered a worm-headed alien that mistook us for the buyers of virus it was attempting to sell. Our captain attempted to confront the alien with its illegal act and get it to standdown while we apprehended it, but the alien chose to instead flee. We chased its ship to a strange planet and sent down any away team to retrieve the virus.

Currently, the away team is preparing to beam back aboard the ship so that we may put some distance between us and the planet as an Orion ship is fast approaching.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Naira on March 20, 2017, 04:57:09 PM

Sure, I can do that.

The new ship was taken out on a sort of test flight to test the experimental borg technologies it was outfitted with when we encountered a worm-headed alien that mistook us for the buyers of virus it was attempting to sell. Our captain attempted to confront the alien with its illegal act and get it to standdown while we apprehended it, but the alien chose to instead flee. We chased its ship to a strange planet and sent down any away team to retrieve the virus.

Currently, the away team is preparing to beam back aboard the ship so that we may put some distance between us and the planet as an Orion ship is fast approaching.

Great, thank you! Where am I needed? I'm ready to post. It's nice being back after being so long away.  :)

Naira

Quote from: Mahak on March 20, 2017, 05:02:08 PM

Great, thank you! Where am I needed? I'm ready to post. It's nice being back after being so long away.  :)

I assume Mahak would be doing his normal duties or possibly preparing for a fight with the Orions should we be unsuccessful in getting away in time.

And welcome back.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Naira on March 20, 2017, 05:24:45 PM

I assume Mahak would be doing his normal duties or possibly preparing for a fight with the Orions should we be unsuccessful in getting away in time.

And welcome back.

Thanks much!

Soft tag to the captain.

Savar Dorran

Naira

Tag Mr. Warez

Don't know if anyone is interested, but I've been thinking about this plague and here are some thoughts I had after doing some research.
  • Perhaps the worm-headed alien shares some similarities with species such as the Guinea Worm and they require human hosts in order to reach maturity and the plague is a way of spreading larva to the people of Rigel III
  • There are some species of parasites/worms that will simultaneously infect their host with a virus that will either weaken the immune system of the host making it harder for them to fight off the parasite or it will attach itself to the parasite to protect it from harm
  • The Orions wanted to buy the virus samples because they wanted to make a cure themselves, either because they want to hold a monopoly on the cure and extort the people of Rigel III for large sums of money or they too may have been exposed to the plague and they don't want to lose face by seeking outside help in obtaining a cure.

Race Warez

Good thoughts Naira.
I have an extremely busy day today.
Probably will be another 24 hours and change before I can get a new post up.

[

Katheryn Brighton

Academy Commandant

Savar Dorran

Quote from: Naira on March 24, 2017, 05:07:03 AM

Tag Mr. Warez

Don't know if anyone is interested, but I've been thinking about this plague and here are some thoughts I had after doing some research.
  • Perhaps the worm-headed alien shares some similarities with species such as the Guinea Worm and they require human hosts in order to reach maturity and the plague is a way of spreading larva to the people of Rigel III
  • There are some species of parasites/worms that will simultaneously infect their host with a virus that will either weaken the immune system of the host making it harder for them to fight off the parasite or it will attach itself to the parasite to protect it from harm
  • The Orions wanted to buy the virus samples because they wanted to make a cure themselves, either because they want to hold a monopoly on the cure and extort the people of Rigel III for large sums of money or they too may have been exposed to the plague and they don't want to lose face by seeking outside help in obtaining a cure.
Quote from: Race Warez on March 24, 2017, 01:53:44 PM

Good thoughts Naira.

Seriously good thoughts Naira! That's some original thinking right there :D

Malcolm Adeyemi

Are there any security officers on the bridge to fire on the ship?

Before Kathryn and Black came aboard I had NPC'd an Andorian security officer, and can do it again if need be.

Naira

Quote from: Race Warez on March 24, 2017, 01:53:44 PM

Good thoughts Naira.

Don't worry about it, take your time. I'm preparing for a farming expo that I'll be attending tomorrow so I won't be able to respond until tomorrow night at the soonest.

Constance Lafayette

Quote from: Mahak on March 24, 2017, 02:53:06 PM

Are there any security officers on the bridge to fire on the ship?

Before Kathryn and Black came aboard I had NPC'd an Andorian security officer, and can do it again if need be.

Saf and Black. I think Saf JUST got back today. If there is no response by tomorrow I'll NPC it, or you can, and have them take over then.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Dylan Torngate

Tag Bridge, Savar.

Dylan didn't lie to you Captain, he just didn't give you absolutely everything :P

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Race Warez

Tag Captain Lafayette and Lieutenant Naira.

[

Naira

Quote from: Race Warez on March 25, 2017, 07:37:10 PM

Tag Captain Lafayette and Lieutenant Naira.

I added to the tag for the captain

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.