Author Topic: S1 - M2: Delta Gateway  (Read 35974 times)

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • That is most illogical...
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 - M2: Delta Gateway
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2017, 02:32:47 pm »

(Science Labs)

Sevoc took his superior's words to heart. He knew she not only had the ship's best interest in mind, but also his.

"I shall endeavor to atone for it," he replied. "Those particular phenomenon would be quite fascinating. It is almost regrettable that we won't be able to do an in depth study, but that is not our mission, unfortunately."

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Offline Lena Atwood

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2017, 11:14:46 pm »
[CIC]

Lena was leaning back in her chair with her feet up by the side of the console in front of her. She was semi-listening to the chatter from starbase whilst drinking from her mug, sedately watching the hologram in front of her.

The Control Information Center was an oval shaped room, in the middle was a large singular unit which had four primary consoles on each side and the holo projector in the middle. At one side of the room was the boss's office and the other to a turbolift. The rest of the walls in the room were large screens displaying flight plans and squadron statuses, with two secondary consoles at either end of the room. All under red light.

The hologram flickered as another contact entered the edge of the 3D image of the Shran at starbase Columbus, the feed was both a mix of the Shran's sensors and the starbase's.

=^="Bridge to all personnel of the USS Shran, if you are a civilian or any form of non-essential personnel, report to cargo bay 3 for evacuation in the next 30 minutes."=^=

"We're essential personnel right?" Lena asked PO1 Toby Leeward. He nodded slowly then yawned tiredly. "Yeah pretty sure we are." He replied before taking a large mouthful of coffee. The CIC team was small, only eight strong with two officers. Lena took a sip of her tea before resting it on her flight suit as she had before.

"Don't suppose you've seen that blonde FCO have you?" Lena asked, she then lean't forward tapped a few buttons so the field of view on the hologram was enlarged.

"No? Everyone in the CIC's new remember?" He sighed took another sip of his coffee. "Why?" He finished coughing on his drink.

"Just think she's cute." Lena shrugged, blushing slightly. Not that Toby could see under the low light.

"You've got a better chance of becoming the president of the federation!" He replied laughing. She quickly changed the subject.

"Isn't the boss supposed to in now?" She said looking at the clock at the bottom of her console.

"Should be." He paused. "Think he might be in a meeting? Try him. His comm badge will be set to do not disturb if he is."

=/\= "Lt Conley, I could do with a few reports reviewing and a personal word if you've got chance?" =/\=
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.— Leonardo Da Vinci

Sir Lena of House Atwood, Grand Marshall of Hospitality

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2017, 11:28:33 pm »
[CIC]

Lena was leaning back in her chair with her feet up by the side of the console in front of her. She was semi-listening to the chatter from starbase whilst drinking from her mug, sedately watching the hologram in front of her.

The Control Information Center was an oval shaped room, in the middle was a large singular unit which had four primary consoles on each side and the holo projector in the middle. At one side of the room was the boss's office and the other to a turbolift. The rest of the walls in the room were large screens displaying flight plans and squadron statuses, with two secondary consoles at either end of the room. All under red light.

The hologram flickered as another contact entered the edge of the 3D image of the Shran at starbase Columbus, the feed was both a mix of the Shran's sensors and the starbase's.

"We're essential personnel right?" Lena asked PO1 Toby Leeward. He nodded slowly then yawned tiredly. "Yeah pretty sure we are." He replied before taking a large mouthful of coffee. The CIC team was small, only eight strong with two officers. Lena took a sip of her tea before resting it on her flight suit as she had before.

"Don't suppose you've seen that blonde FCO have you?" Lena asked, she then lean't forward tapped a few buttons so the field of view on the hologram was enlarged.

"No? Everyone in the CIC's new remember?" He sighed took another sip of his coffee. "Why?" He finished coughing on his drink.

"Just think she's cute." Lena shrugged, blushing slightly. Not that Toby could see under the low light.

"You've got a better chance of becoming the president of the federation!" He replied laughing. She quickly changed the subject.

"Isn't the boss supposed to in now?" She said looking at the clock at the bottom of her console.

"Should be." He paused. "Think he might be in a meeting? Try him. His comm badge will be set to do not disturb if he is."

=/\= "Lt Conley, I could do with a few reports reviewing and a personal word if you've got chance?" =/\=

[Outside CIC]

After finishing with the commander Ser down to his new Home away from home.  He got the call just hit side the doors.  Chuckling to himself step in to the room. 

"Ask and you shall receive,  Ensign."  He said adding a bit of fare with his hands.  When no one laughed Ser drop his hands.  And got to business.

"The reviews can wait for now.  We have a task that going to keep us busy for awhile, but If you need to talk let's do it in my office before we get started."  He said motioning to his office.

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Offline LK Reede

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I live on a starship
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2017, 12:13:10 am »
=/\= Reede, meet me in my office and we can talk. Collect Ensigns Kane and Harmon on your way. Lieutenant Tre'el out. =/\=

[Brig]

LK nodded, although Tre'el couldn't see her. She tapped her comm badge and said firmly, =/\= Ensigns Kane and Harmon report to deck 9, Lt. Tre'el's office, immediately. Reede out. =/\=

[Deck 9 - Officers offices]

It didn't take long -not long enough- for LK to make it to the turbo lift and up to deck 9. She walked slowly toward the chief's office, hoping to give herself time to gather her thoughts together. That message... was it real? Yes, she decided. it had to be. They'd been dealing with S31 on their shake-down mission. It seemed reasonable that Sloan wouldn't go away so easily. He would want to cause dissent on the ship and what better way than to start a rumor that their captain wasn't Starfleet.

The door chimed as LK stepped in front of the sensors. At a sound that she interpreted as ‘come in', Lt(jg) Reede watched the door slide open to reveal the Cardasian sitting calmly behind his desk.

"Lt(jg) Reede reporting, sir. Before the others get here, I want to tell you about a message I received. It said Your Admiral is not what he appears.

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2017, 02:34:12 am »

EQ wasn't one to look for deep meaning in anything.  But to each his own, so he shrugged.  "Either way, It's hella funny.  Sorry Sir, no disrespect.  But Dude" he replied with a big grin on his face while he nodded his head like like he was listing to hard rock music.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2017, 02:51:28 am »

[Bridge]

EQ heard the change in the XOs voice.  "Aye, Sir.  I will head to the docking area now" he said.

Kimball saluted Hawke.  Then he headed to the turbo.  Then over to the docking area.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Ashley Weir

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2017, 06:31:03 am »
[Starbase Columbus - Science Labs]

Another boring day in the science labs. Ashley had been sat alone at a console for most of the day running various menial scans of the area around and inside the Starbase. For the most part there was nothing of note, but just under the surface she spotted something not quite normal. It wouldn't alarm most people, but she had always been a very curious person and as soon as she spotted it, instead of letting it go she dug deeper. As soon as she figured out what it was she immediately opened a comms channel to the Shran. =/\= USS Shran, this is Lieutenant Ashley Weir of Starbase Columbus. I've detected a strange amount of Triquantum Waves near the Starbase. Of course it may be nothing, but I'm going to send the coordinates over to you for you to do what you'd like with. Good luck. =/\= Ashley quickly sent over the coordinates that she'd found, to be honest she was quite happy to have something to do for once.

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2017, 07:27:28 am »
(Science Labs)

Sevoc took his superior's words to heart. He knew she not only had the ship's best interest in mind, but also his.

"I shall endeavor to atone for it," he replied. "Those particular phenomenon would be quite fascinating. It is almost regrettable that we won't be able to do an in depth study, but that is not our mission, unfortunately."
[Starbase Columbus - Science Labs]
=/\= USS Shran, this is Lieutenant Ashley Weir of Starbase Columbus. I've detected a strange amount of Triquantum Waves near the Starbase. Of course it may be nothing, but I'm going to send the coordinates over to you for you to do what you'd like with. Good luck. =/\= Ashley quickly sent over the coordinates that she'd found, to be honest she was quite happy to have something to do for once.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Revek Tre'el

• Suspended Account
  • mediocria credimus fortitudo
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2017, 09:16:51 am »
[Brig]

LK nodded, although Tre'el couldn't see her. She tapped her comm badge and said firmly, =/\= Ensigns Kane and Harmon report to deck 9, Lt. Tre'el's office, immediately. Reede out. =/\=

[Deck 9 - Officers offices]

It didn't take long -not long enough- for LK to make it to the turbo lift and up to deck 9. She walked slowly toward the chief's office, hoping to give herself time to gather her thoughts together. That message... was it real? Yes, she decided. it had to be. They'd been dealing with S31 on their shake-down mission. It seemed reasonable that Sloan wouldn't go away so easily. He would want to cause dissent on the ship and what better way than to start a rumor that their captain wasn't Starfleet.

The door chimed as LK stepped in front of the sensors. At a sound that she interpreted as ‘come in', Lt(jg) Reede watched the door slide open to reveal the Cardasian sitting calmly behind his desk.

"Lt(jg) Reede reporting, sir. Before the others get here, I want to tell you about a message I received. It said Your Admiral is not what he appears.

[Deck 9 - Sec/Tac Office]

Revek calmly looked up from the console on his desk as Reede spoke. After remaining silent for a moment, he responded, "Lieutenant, I do believe I asked you to report here with two others." The Cardassian made a mild show of looking around before continuing. "I do not see them. Do not make a habit of disobeying my orders. I give them for specific reasons. Now please sit," he finished, motioning towards a chair in front of his desk.

Without waiting for Reede to respond, Revek tapped his comm badge.

=/\= Ensigns Kane and Harmon, please report to the Sec/Tac office immediately. Lieutenant Tre'el out =/\=

Looking back at his officer, Revek slowly blinked several times before speaking. "The message could mean any number of things." He took a long pause while maintaining eye contact with Reede before continuing. "All of them irrelevant. Admiral Kirok is our Captain. Either you trust him and continue to serve him or you request transfer. You will speak no more of this 'ghost message,' is that clear Lieutenant?" The look on Revek's face made it clear he wasn't asking a real question but still expected an answer.

Species: Cardassian

We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school - Thucydides

Offline Lena Atwood

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2017, 09:43:31 am »

[Outside CIC]

After finishing with the commander Ser down to his new Home away from home.  He got the call just hit side the doors.  Chuckling to himself step in to the room. 

"Ask and you shall receive,  Ensign."  He said adding a bit of fare with his hands.  When no one laughed Ser drop his hands.  And got to business.

"The reviews can wait for now.  We have a task that going to keep us busy for awhile, but If you need to talk let's do it in my office before we get started."  He said motioning to his office.

"It'll take the squadron ops officers a few minutes to formulate and submit the flight plans anyhow." She said walking into the boss's office. She took a seat before Ser had a chance to offer one and leaned on her right elbow.

"There's two things I wanted to raise. Firstly." She held up her finger. "When we got back to Columbus and we were told we were moving off the Discovery, I didn't have a problem with that. I accept that I'm a pilot but I work in the flight department, so I know that working as a fighter controller is just another branch of the job." Exasperated she sighed. "But of the entire eight strong department I'm literally the only crewman. I do everything for everyone else. There's five petty officers, you and the ensign and me."

She paused and changed elbows so she was leaning on her left. "And! To add insult to injury some genius in ops keeps listing my rank as ensign."

She paused to see if the Lieutenant was following.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.— Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Alex Harmon

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2017, 10:09:05 am »
[Deck 9 - Sec/Tac Office]

Revek calmly looked up from the console on his desk as Reede spoke. After remaining silent for a moment, he responded, "Lieutenant, I do believe I asked you to report here with two others." The Cardassian made a mild show of looking around before continuing. "I do not see them. Do not make a habit of disobeying my orders. I give them for specific reasons. Now please sit," he finished, motioning towards a chair in front of his desk.

Without waiting for Reede to respond, Revek tapped his comm badge.

=/\= Ensigns Kane and Harmon, please report to the Sec/Tac office immediately. Lieutenant Tre'el out =/\=

Looking back at his officer, Revek slowly blinked several times before speaking. "The message could mean any number of things." He took a long pause while maintaining eye contact with Reede before continuing. "All of them irrelevant. Admiral Kirok is our Captain. Either you trust him and continue to serve him or you request transfer. You will speak no more of this 'ghost message,' is that clear Lieutenant?" The look on Revek's face made it clear he wasn't asking a real question but still expected an answer.

Shortly after the meeting which Alex had attended but simply observed and remained silent, he received a message from his new Cardassian Department Head.

=/\= On my way, sir. =/\=

Alex responded as he turned on his heel and headed to the Sec/Tac Office. He had had a lot to think about since the incident with Sloan. While he was secretly working for Sloan, he was having serrious doubts about remaining on his side after he was nearly killed, allbeit indirectly by Sloan.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Alex asked when he entered the Security Office.

James H. Hawk's Alt

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2017, 02:16:39 pm »
"It'll take the squadron ops officers a few minutes to formulate and submit the flight plans anyhow." She said walking into the boss's office. She took a seat before Ser had a chance to offer one and leaned on her right elbow.

"There's two things I wanted to raise. Firstly." She held up her finger. "When we got back to Columbus and we were told we were moving off the Discovery, I didn't have a problem with that. I accept that I'm a pilot but I work in the flight department, so I know that working as a fighter controller is just another branch of the job." Exasperated she sighed. "But of the entire eight strong department I'm literally the only crewman. I do everything for everyone else. There's five petty officers, you and the ensign and me."

She paused and changed elbows so she was leaning on her left. "And! To add insult to injury some genius in ops keeps listing my rank as ensign."

She paused to see if the Lieutenant was following.

Ser could tell this was going to be a long Conversation.  But he'd been meaning to breach this topic with the crewman. 

"We can take care of that Ensign problem fairly simply.  Do you want to be an officer?" He asked.

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Offline Ariste Stark

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2017, 03:26:36 pm »
Bridge

Miriam looked over at James when she heard her name and then listened to James' orders. "Aye commander." Miriam said, turning to LK to finish her conversation.

"If you hear from him, send him my regards. I have work to do so I'll catch you later." Miriam smiled and gave a simple nod to LK and then went over to the OPS console to prepare all civilians and non-essential personnel for departure. She opened a ship wide channel and then raised her voice slightly, to ensure everyone could hear her. =^="Bridge to all personnel of the USS Shran, if you are a civilian or any form of non-essential personnel, report to cargo bay 3 for evacuation in the next 30 minutes."=^=

Miriam walked over to the second console and then pulled the list of operations officers onto a PADD, she took the top 10 junior officers on the list, seperated their names and selected them to do evacuate everyone. She also left a list of tasks to do on the PADD.

Ensigns,

The duties listed on these PADDs are very important. The jobs must be completed and every task should be done with maximum effort. If this goes wrong, we may be delayed for departure and we cannot afford to be delayed.

The tasks set are listed below:

1. Report to cargo bay 3, with a PADD containing a list of all civilians and non-essential personnel aboard and create several lists with names on in alphabetical order. If there are children with their parents, allow them to get their child's name signed off too. - I will meet you all in the cargo bay and will be overseeing the departure.

2. Make sure every name has been signed, if a name isn't signed, send crewmen looking for the people who are absent, once they are found, have them report to cargo bay 3 and get their name signed.

3. Once every name has been signed, begin to have people boarded onto shuttles for departure. See to it that families are kept together and make sure everything is done safely. If safety isn't taken into account people may get injured and you will be answering for it.

4. As soon as all shuttles are full, I will call them to depart. If there isn't enough space for everyone, we shall run the shuttles  again and repeat this until there is no one left on the ship.

5. When all people have been departed, let me know and I will contact the commanding officer to ensure all personnel get somewhere to stay.

I will meet you down there and help you get this done. As I said earlier, I expect maximum effort and minimal mistakes.

LT(JG) Miriam Hällstrom

After she had finished composing the message, she had a copy sent to each of the 10 ensigns and then she made two seperate copies on PADDs, she walked over to the XO and stopped opposite him. She nodded at the two men who he seemed to be having separate conversations with simultaneously. "Commander." Miriam passed over one of the 2 PADDs and then continued. "Here's a copy of the evacuation orders, I'm going to organise temporary accommodation for everyone being evacuated, I imagine a cargo bay or something similar would suffice for a few days. I'm having everyone report to cargo bay 3, if there's too many people, I'll take up another bay however I don't think we'll need to. everyone should be off the ship in the next couple of hours." She paused for a moment, thinking of anything else she might need to mention. "Is there anything else you need from me before I oversee this all?" She finished.

[Sickbay]

Ariste paused her work as her PADD chimed, and she sighed. It seemed she never got a rest.
Flipping it out of her toolbox, she scanned over the instructions, before flashing an exhausted grin at the Crewman. "Duty calls, sorry." She excused, before slipping out of sickbay, and into the nearest turbolift. It just never ended, did it? She must've done laps around the ship by now, running around to fix every little thing possible. And to make things more exhausting, she was temporarily in charge of Engineering while Conwell took care of "some things", whatever that meant. Taking a deep breath, she concluded to take a moment to create an organized schedule for everything that needed fixed and recalibrated for the Engineering department after she got a minute to herself.

Before she got to the Cargo bay, she made the stop ordered to create a PADD with all personnel names alphabetically categorized. Downloading it to the PADD, she grabbed a few other PADDs from Engineering on her way down, and copied the exact same list onto them, for whoever else was to report down there.

[Cargo Bay Three]

Proceeding to her original destination, she was unsurprised to see a few Crewmen and Officers milling about, no doubt preparing for the task ahead of them. Her eyes moved over toward EQ, a fellow yellowshirt. Nodding to him in greeting, she mouthed a 'hello', recognizing him from the earlier meeting. Flipping through her PADDs, counting how many copies she had made, she figured she could spare one if he was here to help with the evacuation.

Approaching, she flashed him a grin, eyes sparkling. "Hey, Kimball. What brings you down to this chaos?" She queried, before flipping one of the PADDs so the screen was facing the man. "If you're here helping out with the Evacuation, you'll need a list of names to check for people. I don't think that'll be too much of a worry though."

Offline Lena Atwood

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2017, 04:18:49 pm »
Ser could tell this was going to be a long Conversation.  But he'd been meaning to breach this topic with the crewman. 

"We can take care of that Ensign problem fairly simply.  Do you want to be an officer?" He asked.

"Hell no!" She exclaimed. "Well not right now... I don't know." She sighed again. "I've got the relevant technical experience to go the academy, but I just don't see myself going, I also don't see myself fetching tea and coffee for the entirety of my stint in the CIC." She sat upwards in her seat. "If I like it here I'd certainly think about specializing as a permanent CIC crewman, or officer as the times dictate. But for now I think I just want my petty officer pins."

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2017, 06:13:34 pm »

[Bridge]
Ardyn nodded at James's request.   Her main shift at the Helm wouldn't really start for a while, so she was pretty set. She caught sight of the Borg Ops officer at the far side of the bridge. Quickly catching up with EQ, she asked.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:14:35 pm by Ardyn Jaeger »

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles