Author Topic: S1 - M2: Delta Gateway  (Read 35964 times)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 - M2: Delta Gateway
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2017, 01:34:45 pm »
[Time Vortex]

The Shran was only in the time vortex for maybe ten minutes before the deflector dish sent out another pulse opening a spatial rift before spitting the large battleship back out into subspace. The only problem it was no where near were they original were and the second became very obvious.

All around the Shran an massive battle was going on. On one side strange configuration of vessels mostly black with small amounts of orange were organized in a more defensive pattern facing off against many Well's, Federations, and another of other species. They were joined by a number of Federation vessels too and more Wells class vessels than the opposition. One thing was for sure, the unknown configuration vessels here would make up to the same ones seen coming out of the Delta gateway by the shuttle crew.

The opposition though had the advange of vessels that were not seen in the past yet, including temporal destroyers, and temporal cruisers, along with many vessels though not outnumbering the defenders yet.

Suddenly IFF appear on at least one of the timeships that was taking heavy fire, the NCV Nemesis!

=/\= This is the Nemesis to KA Flagship Azure Fligment, we've taken severe damage to engines... Heavy dam..e ... to ... a..l  de..ks.. Temp..ral S...elding fa..ure imm..ent.. =/\=

=/\= Standby Nemesis.. Helps on the way.. =/\= responding a very familiar voice to all parties.

Jor had reached the bridge. He was also a beginners aboard the USS Shran and he felt a little embarrased to enter currently during the situation. But it probably needed an hand enforcing on the bridge.So, befor entering, he touched the earing and said "Voka a benter", walk with the Prophets,  by himself and then, when the automated doors slipped away, He entered moving quickly. He reported directly to the Admiral Kirok: "Aye Sir, I'm Jor Garan, scientific division. I'm here to give an hand. What's priority application?" he asked waiting for a responde form Admiral Kirok.

[Bridge]

Kirok stood.  Partially out of formality.  Partially to be just a bit closer to the main screen.

"It is acceptable to meet you, Mr. Garan.  Please take the station beside Doctor del Bosque.  Localize the comm signal for the Nemesis, please.  Doctor del Bosque, I will need an update on life signs on that ship as soon as they become available" Kirok ordered.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • That is most illogical...
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2017, 05:28:22 pm »

(Shuttle)

"Commander Hawke," Sevoc began, "the probes appear to be going to the..." He paused to double check the readings. "The Delta Quadrant."

If the readings were correct, this was going to be major breakthrough.

"Sir, if this is indeed the case, I believe it would be prudent to attempt a way to ensure the Borg do not access it."

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2017, 12:21:45 am »
(Shuttle)

"Commander Hawke," Sevoc began, "the probes appear to be going to the..." He paused to double check the readings. "The Delta Quadrant."

"Sir, if this is indeed the case, I believe it would be prudent to attempt a way to ensure the Borg do not access it."

[Shuttle]

EQ waited a long moment before adding anything to Sevok's report.  "I can confirm that the probe is indeed in the Delta quadrant.  Undamaged and fully functional" he simply said.

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2017, 02:32:33 am »
(Shuttle)

Shran

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2017, 04:22:20 am »
OOC: Sorry it's a tad late.

"Our probe is making it's way through the conduit as we speak, Sir" EQ replied.  He watched as the walls of the conduit passed by.  "She is coming out on the other side in 3, 2, 1" he announced.

[Shuttle]

Ardyn changed the probe controls to manual. Onscreen, the swirling vortex swept the probe at incredibly fast speeds.  Gently guiding the probe through the slipstream as best she could, she noticed it streaming across her computer screen. Ardyn held her breath. Who or whatever had exited this gateway had better have left the door open on the other side, or else this doorway might be all for nothing.  Buffeted by the high speeds of the vortex, Ardyn spied the exit on one of the sensors. She jerked the controllers deftly, directing the probe to be ejected out of the slipstream.

From what the probe was reading, this was definitely the Delta Quadrant. And right now, the surrounding area was empty, for the time being.

Shran
Ardyn cracked her knuckles with a grin of almost sheer challenge.

Taking a moment to check that all the systems were still in pretty good condition, she revved up the Warp. "Could someone help me keep an eye on the phase variance? We can use the deflectors to work out any rough patches we might encounter "

Focusing on what she had to do, her face took on a determined  look.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline Alex Harmon

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2017, 11:59:02 am »

[Shuttle]

"Well my guess would be that moving Columbus close to the gateway could be perceived as an agressive move by the Romulans who are nearby. The Klingon's would probably get a little jealous and both the Klingons and the Romulans might push for some sort of join control over the gateway. Depending on where it leads would depend on what happens, I can't really make a perfect estimate without finding out where it leads or if its stable. It would certainly be a major diplomatic event and definetly a big deal," Alex said.

Shran

Alex just stood there, perfectly still for a few moments as he gazed out the view screen at the stars of an unfamiliar quadrant. The Delta Quadrant?!?!

"Uh...yeah...yes, sir," Alex stuttered as he pulled his eyes away from the stars and back to his console and sent a message.

=/\= Away Team to Shran, we...ah...we...we're in the Delta Quadrant. The Gateway has transported us to the Delta Quadrant. =/\=

Once the message was sent he looked back at the Commander, "I'm not sure if the Shran will get the message, sir. The message has sent but it could take years to reach the Shran."

James H. Hawk's Alt

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2017, 01:47:34 pm »
OOC: Sorry it's a tad late.

[Shuttle]

Ardyn changed the probe controls to manual. Onscreen, the swirling vortex swept the probe at incredibly fast speeds.  Gently guiding the probe through the slipstream as best she could, she noticed it streaming across her computer screen. Ardyn held her breath. Who or whatever had exited this gateway had better have left the door open on the other side, or else this doorway might be all for nothing.  Buffeted by the high speeds of the vortex, Ardyn spied the exit on one of the sensors. She jerked the controllers deftly, directing the probe to be ejected out of the slipstream.

From what the probe was reading, this was definitely the Delta Quadrant. And right now, the surrounding area was empty, for the time being.
Ardyn cracked her knuckles with a grin of almost sheer challenge.

Taking a moment to check that all the systems were still in pretty good condition, she revved up the Warp. "Could someone help me keep an eye on the phase variance? We can use the deflectors to work out any rough patches we might encounter "

Focusing on what she had to do, her face took on a determined  look.

[Shuttle]

"I can assist you" EQ volunteered.  He tapped some commands on his keyboard.  Up came the data the needed.

[Shuttle]

"Well my guess would be that moving Columbus close to the gateway could be perceived as an agressive move by the Romulans who are nearby. The Klingon's would probably get a little jealous and both the Klingons and the Romulans might push for some sort of join control over the gateway. Depending on where it leads would depend on what happens, I can't really make a perfect estimate without finding out where it leads or if its stable. It would certainly be a major diplomatic event and definetly a big deal," Alex said.

Alex just stood there, perfectly still for a few moments as he gazed out the view screen at the stars of an unfamiliar quadrant. The Delta Quadrant?!?!

"Uh...yeah...yes, sir," Alex stuttered as he pulled his eyes away from the stars and back to his console and sent a message.

=/\= Away Team to Shran, we...ah...we...we're in the Delta Quadrant. The Gateway has transported us to the Delta Quadrant. =/\=

Once the message was sent he looked back at the Commander, "I'm not sure if the Shran will get the message, sir. The message has sent but it could take years to reach the Shran."

[Shuttle]

"Years?" EQ echoed.  But he kept his attention on the phase variance data.  "It's holding Ms. Jaeger" Kimball reported.

Offline Lena Atwood

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2017, 09:49:36 pm »

[Bridge]

<NPC - Eve>

Eve saw the young woman.  She raised her hand and motioned for the woman to take her place.  She stood expecting Atwood to take the vacated seat.

[Bridge]

Lena was at the CIC station, it was near the back and had a standing console. So when the hologram stood up and gestured it took Lena several seconds to understand what was happening. After a few silent moments Lena pointed at herself eliciting a nod from the hologram. Unsure of herself she went forward to the helm station, the hologram didn't say a word. She just walked past Lena.

Lena took the seat and turned to the console. "Sir?" She asked the Admiral.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.— Leonardo Da Vinci

Sir Lena of House Atwood, Grand Marshall of Hospitality

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2017, 10:57:43 pm »
[Bridge]

Lena was at the CIC station, it was near the back and had a standing console. So when the hologram stood up and gestured it took Lena several seconds to understand what was happening. After a few silent moments Lena pointed at herself eliciting a nod from the hologram. Unsure of herself she went forward to the helm station, the hologram didn't say a word. She just walked past Lena.

Lena took the seat and turned to the console. "Sir?" She asked the Admiral.

[Bridge]

"Hold position" Kirok replied.  "Eve, I may need you here' he added.  "Of course, Captain" the kind hologram replied as she neared the command platform.

Offline Ariste Stark

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2017, 01:41:20 am »
[Time Vortex]

The Shran was only in the time vortex for maybe ten minutes before the deflector dish sent out another pulse opening a spatial rift before spitting the large battleship back out into subspace. The only problem it was no where near were they original were and the second became very obvious.

All around the Shran an massive battle was going on. On one side strange configuration of vessels mostly black with small amounts of orange were organized in a more defensive pattern facing off against many Well's, Federations, and another of other species. They were joined by a number of Federation vessels too and more Wells class vessels than the opposition. One thing was for sure, the unknown configuration vessels here would make up to the same ones seen coming out of the Delta gateway by the shuttle crew.

The opposition though had the advange of vessels that were not seen in the past yet, including temporal destroyers, and temporal cruisers, along with many vessels though not outnumbering the defenders yet.

Suddenly IFF appear on at least one of the timeships that was taking heavy fire, the NCV Nemesis!

=/\= This is the Nemesis to KA Flagship Azure Fligment, we've taken severe damage to engines... Heavy dam..e ... to ... a..l  de..ks.. Temp..ral S...elding fa..ure imm..ent.. =/\=

=/\= Standby Nemesis.. Helps on the way.. =/\= responding a very familiar voice to all parties.

[Bridge]

"Aye sir! Already on it," she chirped at Kirok, continuing with tracking where the commands had, and were coming from. It took a bit of fighting through all the commands that were active, but with her extensive knowledge she finally managed narrow it down, before locating the exact computer. "Bingo," she muttered under her breath, sending the co-ordinates to the Sec/Tac station, before turning to gaze briefly around the Bridge. As her gaze finally focused on Tre'el, she approached him.

"I've found the exact location and sent it to your station, sir. Should I go down to that computer to see if the offending crew member is still there?" She queried. She knew it was a long shot, and the Bridge needed that help a lot more.
In fact, the Bridge seemed to angrily reassert that, as they were spit back out into open space... in the middle of a battle. Her gaze was frozen toward the Viewscreen, before she slowly backed up to her station. Flipping back to the system readings, she frowned at finding nothing majorly wrong. This wasn't a hallucination or a hologram, sadly. Brow furrowed in confusion, she looked back out to the viewscreen, observing the unfamiliar, and yet familiar ships outside. Had their ship just been turned into a time machine?

Offline Nayeli del Bosque

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2017, 02:19:40 am »

[Bridge]

Kirok stood.  Partially out of formality.  Partially to be just a bit closer to the main screen.

"It is acceptable to meet you, Mr. Garan.  Please take the station beside Doctor del Bosque.  Localize the comm signal for the Nemesis, please.  Doctor del Bosque, I will need an update on life signs on that ship as soon as they become available" Kirok ordered.

It was difficult not to get distracted with so much going on at once. Things were certainly more exciting on the bridge than they were in sickbay. The cadet wasn't sure where she'd rather be; in the middle of the action, or down in sickbay where she'd only get to hear the notated version later. You're the one who had the brilliant idea to join Starfleet, genius. Boldly go, and all that. "Uhm...Sir, sensors just came into range. Their life support systems have been damaged, but seven life forms have been detected."

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2017, 02:24:42 am »
[Shuttle]

James waited as Ardy piloted.  As they finished he said "EQ, please launch a probe to mark this location"

He turned to Science "Sevok, please confirm our locations by astrological charts"

He then turned to Ardy and said "Ardy...take us back to the Alpha Quadrant"

Lastly he turned to Harmon and replied "Once, we get to the Alpha Quadrant send an encoded transmission once we arrive to the Alpha Quadrant..."

He lastly turned to the shuttle and said "Ladies and Gentleman, we did a historical moment...we found a way to the Delta Quadrant...if Voyager would have known this decades ago...we would have save them a lot of time back...so should be proud of yourself...your name will be in history"

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2017, 01:37:38 pm »

[Bridge]

"Aye sir! Already on it," she chirped at Kirok, continuing with tracking where the commands had, and were coming from. It took a bit of fighting through all the commands that were active, but with her extensive knowledge she finally managed narrow it down, before locating the exact computer. "Bingo," she muttered under her breath, sending the co-ordinates to the Sec/Tac station, before turning to gaze briefly around the Bridge. As her gaze finally focused on Tre'el, she approached him.

"I've found the exact location and sent it to your station, sir. Should I go down to that computer to see if the offending crew member is still there?" She queried. She knew it was a long shot, and the Bridge needed that help a lot more.
In fact, the Bridge seemed to angrily reassert that, as they were spit back out into open space... in the middle of a battle. Her gaze was frozen toward the Viewscreen, before she slowly backed up to her station. Flipping back to the system readings, she frowned at finding nothing majorly wrong. This wasn't a hallucination or a hologram, sadly. Brow furrowed in confusion, she looked back out to the viewscreen, observing the unfamiliar, and yet familiar ships outside. Had their ship just been turned into a time machine?

[Bridge]

"Good job, Ms. Stark.  How much longer can the ship last?  What operations are still functional there?" Kirok added.

It was difficult not to get distracted with so much going on at once. Things were certainly more exciting on the bridge than they were in sickbay. The cadet wasn't sure where she'd rather be; in the middle of the action, or down in sickbay where she'd only get to hear the notated version later. You're the one who had the brilliant idea to join Starfleet, genius. Boldly go, and all that. "Uhm...Sir, sensors just came into range. Their life support systems have been damaged, but seven life forms have been detected."

[Bridge]

"Can you please establish a lock on their wounded?  Then start transporting them to Sickbay.  You will be need there once we accomplish that task" Kirok said.

"Ms. Atwood, please take us closer to the Nemesis.  Avoid the confrontation, if possible.  Then use a tractor beam to draw pull it into our hanger" he added.

"Eve, communicate with Mr. Conwell.  Tell him help is on it's way" he finished.  "Aye, Sir" the hologram replied and set about doing her assigned task.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2017, 01:46:56 pm »
[Shuttle]

James waited as Ardy piloted.  As they finished he said "EQ, please launch a probe to mark this location"

He turned to Science "Sevok, please confirm our locations by astrological charts"

He then turned to Ardy and said "Ardy...take us back to the Alpha Quadrant"

Lastly he turned to Harmon and replied "Once, we get to the Alpha Quadrant send an encoded transmission once we arrive to the Alpha Quadrant..."

He lastly turned to the shuttle and said "Ladies and Gentleman, we did a historical moment...we found a way to the Delta Quadrant...if Voyager would have known this decades ago...we would have save them a lot of time back...so should be proud of yourself...your name will be in history"

[Shuttle]

"Aye, Sir" EQ replied.  He sent the probe out as instructed and waited for confirmation that it was working.  "Task completed, Sir" he added.

Offline Justin Conwell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CEO, USS Delphia A
  • 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2017, 01:28:14 am »
[Bridge, Nemesis, 2735, orbit of Kantro Prime]

This battle wasn't going well was an understatement of his life. If it wasn't for the nebula at it's weakest point again, which rogue TIC faction were exploiting, then this battle wouldn't be taking place so close to home-world. Sadly it was and he really wanted to send Ricky down a drainage tunnel at this point. The bridge shock under another impact from the dreadnought but Justin knew it wouldn't take much more to take the shields out. Only a matter of time but he had once last ace under his sleeve to hopefully turn this battle to a favorable outcome. Displacing the Shran from 2395!

"Direct hit to engines, imbalance in quantum drive and were losing structure integrity on all decks. One more hit to shields and were done, Commander." Agent Rocky reported from Ops. The situation wasn't good whatsoever. "Confirming life support is failing on all decks."

"Crap, Rocky open a channel to the Azure Fliment!" Conwell ordered as the Shields took a glancing blow. Another time ship, the Trivial took much of it.

[Bridge]

"Good job, Ms. Stark. How much longer can the ship last? What operations are still functional there?" Kirok added.

[Bridge]

"Can you please establish a lock on their wounded? Then start transporting them to Sickbay. You will be need there once we accomplish that task" Kirok said.

"Ms. Atwood, please take us closer to the Nemesis. Avoid the confrontation, if possible. Then use a tractor beam to draw pull it into our hanger" he added.

"Eve, communicate with Mr. Conwell. Tell him help is on it's way" he finished. "Aye, Sir" the hologram replied and set about doing her assigned task.

As they waited the largest unknown vessel on the Shran sensors started breaking a holding pattern towards the Nemesis. At the same time, fighters started to surround it as multiple points across the hull were lighting up from charging weapons emplacement. The Azure Fliment was finally deploying there largest weapons at the dreadnought while protecting the smaller vessel.

=/\= Nemesis, this is S'Saavik of the Azure, were moving towards you to provide cover. Prepare to sonic turbulance. Main gun is charging salvo for the dreadnought. We also have detected new contact moving on your position. Be advised! =/\=

=/\= Understo.. =/\=

The comm cut out before he could go any further but he already had a message come in from the Shran. "Divert any remaining available power to the nanites to close the breeches and comms." He said turning towards Rocky. There were very few of them left aboard and they were mostly all in bad shape right now. Even Justin was with a large bloody cut across the left side of his face and too many burn marks across his arms at this point.

=/\= Shran, I don't know if you can hear this but welcome to the party. Communications systems are failing so I don't know for how much longer we can maintain communications. =/\=

Just as he sent the message the first volley from the Azure fired off stretching across space into the forward shields of the Dreadnought. Being so close to the fire flying by, consoles across the bridge sparked from the sonic turbulence. Within seconds the second volley was off and hit in the same positions as the first causing the shields to finally collaspe under sustained pressure.

It was at this point the enemy vessels started opening portals and high tailing it from the system leaving many ruined vessels behind.

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles