S1 - M2: Delta Gateway

Started by Kirok, March 01, 2017, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James A. Hawke

Quote from: LK Reede on March 02, 2017, 12:05:27 AM

[Conference Room]

Addressing the XO, Cmdr. Hawke, LK said, "Sir, we know who he is, we know how he works and we know -uh, suspect- he will come after us. I agree with Cmdr. Jones. Isn't it safe to say that he won't bother with us right away? He knows we'll be on alert for him. Also, do we have anything he wants at this point?"

James sat on his chair with that question lingering over his head.  He listened to everyone and they commented.  At the end of the day they were all including himself speculating.  It was not safe.

"Everyone,  it's important to not confuse facts with speculation.  There is a lot of what we don't know.  We don't know what he is planning.  We don't know how he intends to execute his plan.  We don't know the timeframe of the attack.   For all we know, he could be in the ship, he could have already infiltrated the ship, he could have a sleeper agent or all of this is part of his plan."  James said.

Quote from: Kirok on March 02, 2017, 01:00:34 AM

"We do, I believe, have something Mr. Sloan still wants.  The location or more precisely knowledge of how to locate the prisoner he was trying to free.  Apparently this man is important to Sloan.  So that makes him important to us" the half Vulcan added.

"In fact, we will be traveling to an undisclosed location to pick up said prisoner and get the repairs we need.  And then finish what we started.  See that he stands trial and is brought to justice" Kirok announced.

"I want you all to be aware of this.  So that you will be prepared when he attacks again.  And so that transfers off ship can be approved if any of you choose to submit a request" he added.

James smiled as he looked at Admiral  "I think is speak for everyone on this room, when I say to hell with transfers"  As he finished the statement he indented to carry out the Admiral's decision.

"Helm, when you get the Admiral coordinates, you are to input it and lock out  all visuals the coordinates with only yourself and command staff, we don't want to give away our position or where are we heading"  James commented

"With the Admiral, authorization, I would suggest for OPS, to coordinate the evacuation of all civilians and non essential personnel from the ship,  let's try and get many people away from harm's way as possible. The drawback of this strategy that Sloan might use our loved ones as leverage against us, however, if he indented to do that he would have already done so with our extended families.  So I am betting he is more focused on the ship and what he have and know "  James proposed to the Admiral

"Any other orders, Sir?"  James asked.  It was his duty to make sure all the details of the orders were properly delegated and carried out.  It was not his place at this moment to comment about the wisdom of said orders.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Kirok

Quote from: James A. Hawke on March 02, 2017, 03:54:55 PM

James sat on his chair with that question lingering over his head.  He listened to everyone and they commented.  At the end of the day they were all including himself speculating.  It was not safe.

"Everyone,  it's important to not confuse facts with speculation.  There is a lot of what we don't know.  We don't know what he is planning.  We don't know how he intends to execute his plan.  We don't know the timeframe of the attack.   For all we know, he could be in the ship, he could have already infiltrated the ship, he could have a sleeper agent or all of this is part of his plan."  James said.

James smiled as he looked at Admiral  "I think is speak for everyone on this room, when I say to hell with transfers"  As he finished the statement he indented to carry out the Admiral's decision.

"Helm, when you get the Admiral coordinates, you are to input it and lock out  all visuals the coordinates with only yourself and command staff, we don't want to give away our position or where are we heading"  James commented

"With the Admiral, authorization, I would suggest for OPS, to coordinate the evacuation of all civilians and non essential personnel from the ship,  let's try and get many people away from harm's way as possible. The drawback of this strategy that Sloan might use our loved ones as leverage against us, however, if he indented to do that he would have already done so with our extended families.  So I am betting he is more focused on the ship and what he have and know "  James proposed to the Admiral

"Any other orders, Sir?"  James asked.  It was his duty to make sure all the details of the orders were properly delegated and carried out.  It was not his place at this moment to comment about the wisdom of said orders.

[Conference Room]

Kirok's right eyebrow arched slightly as Hawke started passing out orders.  The man was efficient and good hearted.  In fact, Hawke reminded the half Vulcan of his younger self.

"Only two things.  First, Mr. Tre'el will be scanning the ship for listening devises and the such Sloan may be using to keep tabs on us.  He will start in my Ready Room.  Do not be alarmed when he asks to scan each of your consoles" he said.

"And secondly, I am honored that all of you are choosing to remain on the ship.  Together, we are stronger and will survived this situation" he said.  He offered a nod to highlight his point.

"Except for Mr. Tre'el, you are all dismissed" Kirok added.  He offered a slight bow to the group.  And then he waited until they departed.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Ser Conley

Quote from: Kirok on March 02, 2017, 06:23:02 PM

[Conference Room]

Kirok's right eyebrow arched slightly as Hawke started passing out orders.  The man was efficient and good hearted.  In fact, Hawke reminded the half Vulcan of his younger self.

"Only two things.  First, Mr. Tre'el will be scanning the ship for listening devises and the such Sloan may be using to keep tabs on us.  He will start in my Ready Room.  Do not be alarmed when he asks to scan each of your consoles" he said.

"And secondly, I am honored that all of you are choosing to remain on the ship.  Together, we are stronger and will survived this situation" he said.  He offered a nod to highlight his point.

"Except for Mr. Tre'el, you are all dismissed" Kirok added.  He offered a slight bow to the group.  And then he waited until they departed.

Ser felt his eyebrow wanting to raise, when Kirok asked to see Revek alone.  He keep it in check though, raising from his seat gave Kirok a nostalgic bow, then headed towards the door.  He stopped short, outside the conference room.  As he waited for the Hawke, Ser could help marvaling at the craftsmanship they put in to the Odyssey class ships.

"I'll have to get Eve to let me flight her." He said to himself.  "Oh Commander, can I have a quick word?"

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Kira Wyman

Conference Room

Miriam listened to the chatter between everyone, once again. she agreed that letting junior officers and enlisted off would be acceptable, but she saw letting senior officers off the ship as a possible threat. after all, she didn't plan on going anywhere, she'd never be able to get on a ship this big for a long time if she did and she'd come to like the people aboard the ship, she wasn't going to give everything up now.

Bridge

After the conference had ended, Miriam had filed out just like most of them and waited until LK left the room. As soon as she made eye contact with LK, she approached her with a question in mind. "LK," Miriam walked over to LK and then stopped in front of her. "How's Lonar doing, I see we have a new chief of tactical and thought I'd ask." Miriam had only made contact with the new chief once, in the conference room. The Cardassian had only arrived on the ship recently and she hadn't crossed paths with him yet; she was busy helping with all of the repairs happening about the ship and finally the ship seemed to be in a good condition again.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Kirok

[Bridge]

EQ was one of the first out the door.  He had seen something on the Bridge that peaked his interested.  And he just had to check it out.

So he marched straight to the dedication plaque.  And read it twice.  Yep, it said exactly what he thought it had said and he snorted loudly in laughter.

James A. Hawke

[Conference Room]

James nodded to Kirok as the group was being dismissed.  He followed the rest of the officers and important personal as he headed out of the door.  The Admiral wanted to talk to the Chief of Security in Private and considering the circumstances it was completely normal.

As he began walking away from the room he was interrupted.

Quote from: Ser Conley on March 02, 2017, 08:18:38 PM

"I'll have to get Eve to let me flight her." He said to himself.  "Oh Commander, can I have a quick word?"

"Absolutely Ser, my door is always open, do you mind walking with me to the bridge"  James commented.  He wanted to clear the room for the Admiral and Chief of Security.

[Bridge]

James felt the doors of the conference room swish behind him.  He waited until Ser came out of the room.  "Ser, I don't know if you remember this but we have served together before, but it was a long time ago, it's a pleasure to have you on board, I respect your work a lot" James said

Before Ser finished James gently raised his index finger.  "I'm Sorry one second"

He looked at Miriam and said "Miriam, begin the preparation for the evacuation of civilians and non essential personnel for security, I'll leave the details of the individuals to your discretion."

He then turned to T'ra and said to her "Hey, T'Ra just to let you know that Evan might be evacuated, I will let his evacuation to your discretion"

Quote from: EQ Kimball on March 03, 2017, 12:08:07 AM

[Bridge]

EQ was one of the first out the door.  He had seen something on the Bridge that peaked his interested.  And he just had to check it out.

So he marched straight to the dedication plaque.  And read it twice.  Yep, it said exactly what he thought it had said and he snorted loudly in laughter.

He looked at Kimball and said "It's everything alright Mr. Kimball?"

He then turned back to Ser and said "I'm sorry, do you want to talk in private?"

LK Reede

[Conference Room]

The crew of the Shran could handle Sloan handily. Filtering the security options as voiced by the senior staff and even thinking of sending the Admiral back to the star base, LK had to admit that the best way to deal with their current problem was to do exactly what they were doing.

[Bridge]

As the meeting ended, Lt(jg) Reede walked slowly behind the rest of the crew then made her way over to her station at the security/tactical console.

"LK," Miriam walked over to LK and then stopped in front of her. "How's Lonar doing, I see we have a new chief of tactical and thought I'd ask."

LK looked up at the mention of her name.

"Hi, Miriam. Chief Lonar was transferred back to SB Columbus. Something about one of his legs not working right. Sounded like a concussion." LK took a breath then added, "Sometimes if the brain is hit just right a limb will become unstable. Seems that's what happened to him."

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: James A. Hawke on March 02, 2017, 03:54:55 PM

James smiled as he looked at Admiral  "I think is speak for everyone on this room, when I say to hell with transfers"  As he finished the statement he intended to carry out the Admiral's decision.

"With the Admiral, authorization, I would suggest for OPS, to coordinate the evacuation of all civilians and non essential personnel from the ship,  let's try and get many people away from harm's way as possible. The drawback of this strategy that Sloan might use our loved ones as leverage against us, however, if he intended to do that he would have already done so with our extended families.  So I am betting he is more focused on the ship and what he have and know,"  James proposed to the Admiral.

"Except for Mr. Tre'el, you are all dismissed," Kirok added.  He offered a slight bow to the group.  And then he waited until they departed.

[Conference Room]

T'Ra listened attentively as the other members of the crew continued to speak. But like her own contribution, it amounted to little more than speculation. At this point it still felt like they were grasping for straws. And that was frustrating. To think that Sloan could return and do it all over again... To say he might use their loved ones as leverage struck T'Ra as almost comical. Sloan had already tried this tactic against her once, so it would not surprise her should he try to do so again.

Her hand almost reached absent-mindedly for the ring that now hung on a slender chain around her neck, tucked away beneath her uniform. Its almost non-discernable weight was a comfort to her, as was having Evan so near. She knew what he would say at the prospect of a transfer, likely echoing the very same words as the commander.

When Kirok dismissed the majority of them, T'Ra rose and gave a brief nod in acknowledgement before stepping through the doors that separated the conference room from the bridge.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on March 03, 2017, 12:53:34 AM

[Bridge]

Before Ser finished James gently raised his index finger.  "I'm Sorry one second"

He then turned to T'Ra and said to her "Hey, T'Ra just to let you know that Evan might be evacuated, I will let his evacuation to your discretion."

[Bridge]

With the meeting adjourned, T'Ra began making her way back to the science labs. She was halfway across the bridge when a comment caught her attention, causing her to halt in her tracks. As she turned she found Hawke making his way over, speaking in a low tone. At the mention of Evan, she arched a brow, before replying with a simple nod. "Thank you, Commander. I appreciate that." And she did, also feeling conflicted. She and Evan would go where duty dictated, praying that they would both live to hear the church bells chime.

[Science Labs]

T'Ra strode into the main science lab, glad to be away from the bustle of activity on the bridge. Seeing as they were currently en route to their destination, there was little of the humdrum that could not be monitored from right there in the science labs. "What is the status of our sensors?" she asked Sevoc, finding him to already be at work.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Revek Tre'el

[Conference Room]

[Conference Room]

Revek remained seated as the rest of the crew filed out of the conference room. He had caught Ser's slight reaction to Kirok's request and had himself almost had one so he didn't comment or plan to in the future. While waiting for the room to clear out the Cardassian caught himself wondering what Kirok wanted as their most recent interactions had not had the same rapport that the two had developed during their tenure on the Discovery. I could also be over thinking this, he thought, though doubted it.

Once the room was clear Revek stood and approached Kirok. Pausing for a split second, the Cardassian decided to offer his hand as a happy medium between their two distinct styles. "It's been a long time, Sir."

Species: Cardassian

We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school - Thucydides

Sevoc

(Science Lab)

Sevoc had been busy working on getting the long range sensors back online. It had been tedious. The damage has been quite extensive, but he was making progress.

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on March 03, 2017, 05:10:42 AM

[Conference Room]

T'Ra listened attentively as the other members of the crew continued to speak. But like her own contribution, it amounted to little more than speculation. At this point it still felt like they were grasping for straws. And that was frustrating. To think that Sloan could return and do it all over again... To say he might use their loved ones as leverage struck T'Ra as almost comical. Sloan had already tried this tactic against her once, so it would not surprise her should he try to do so again.

Her hand almost reached absent-mindedly for the ring that now hung on a slender chain around her neck, tucked away beneath her uniform. Its almost non-discernable weight was a comfort to her, as was having Evan so near. She knew what he would say at the prospect of a transfer, likely echoing the very same words as the commander.

When Kirok dismissed the majority of them, T'Ra rose and gave a brief nod in acknowledgement before stepping through the doors that separated the conference room from the bridge.
[Bridge]

With the meeting adjourned, T'Ra began making her way back to the science labs. She was halfway across the bridge when a comment caught her attention, causing her to halt in her tracks. As she turned she found Hawke making his way over, speaking in a low tone. At the mention of Evan, she arched a brow, before replying with a simple nod. "Thank you, Commander. I appreciate that." And she did, also feeling conflicted. She and Evan would go where duty dictated, praying that they would both live to hear the church bells chime.

[Science Labs]

T'Ra strode into the main science lab, glad to be away from the bustle of activity on the bridge. Seeing as they were currently en route to their destination, there was little of the humdrum that could not be monitored from right there in the science labs. "What is the status of our sensors?" she asked Sevoc, finding him to already be at work.

"Ma'am, I have made some progress," Sevoc began, "however, we only have accurate readings one parsec out."

It was roughly the same distance the original Constitution-class Enterprise had. It was more than they had after the attack, but certainly well short of modern standards.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Kirok

[Conference Room]

James nodded to Kirok as the group was being dismissed.  He followed the rest of the officers and important personal as he headed out of the door.  The Admiral wanted to talk to the Chief of Security in Private and considering the circumstances it was completely normal.

"Absolutely Ser, my door is always open, do you mind walking with me to the bridge"  James commented.  He wanted to clear the room for the Admiral and Chief of Security.

[Bridge]

James felt the doors of the conference room swish behind him.  He waited until Ser came out of the room.  "Ser, I don't know if you remember this but we have served together before, but it was a long time ago, it's a pleasure to have you on board, I respect your work a lot" James said

He looked at Miriam and said "Miriam, begin the preparation for the evacuation of civilians and non essential personnel for security, I'll leave the details of the individuals to your discretion."

He then turned to T'ra and said to her "Hey, T'Ra just to let you know that Evan might be evacuated, I will let his evacuation to your discretion"

He then turned back to Ser and said "I'm sorry, do you want to talk in private?"

[Bridge]

"Uhh.  Sorry Lieutenant Commander.  But this plaque" EQ said, pointing at the dedication plaque on the wall.

"Diplomacy, Unity, Defense, Exploration" he said touching the first letter in each word.  "It spell DUDE like a secret code.  That's funny, don't ya thing.  Dude" he added and offered the XO a well know surfer hand signal, the shaka, by closing his three middle finder, extending his thumb and pinking, and twisting the wrist of his right hand.

Kirok

Quote from: Revek Tre'el on March 03, 2017, 05:29:06 AM

[Conference Room]

Revek remained seated as the rest of the crew filed out of the conference room. He had caught Ser's slight reaction to Kirok's request and had himself almost had one so he didn't comment or plan to in the future. While waiting for the room to clear out the Cardassian caught himself wondering what Kirok wanted as their most recent interactions had not had the same rapport that the two had developed during their tenure on the Discovery. I could also be over thinking this, he thought, though doubted it.

Once the room was clear Revek stood and approached Kirok. Pausing for a split second, the Cardassian decided to offer his hand as a happy medium between their two distinct styles. "It's been a long time, Sir."

[Conference Room]

Kirok accepted the hand and shook it.  Something he rarely ever did, but this was a special occasion.  "Too much time for my liking" Kirok said.

"But it is fortune that we are united again.  In fact, you could not have returned as a more critical time.  As you see, your particular skills are in high demand" he added in all seriousness.

"And as I said, I started a war of sorts.  One that I can not back out of" the half Vulcan added.  "But I'm sure you have questions.  As do I.  If I may ask about your sister" Kirok said, dropping his voice slightly at the end in hushed tones.

Ser Conley

[Conference Room]

[Bridge]

"No."  It irked Ser to be silent with a finger.  But they were all under a lot of pressure at the moment so he let it slide.

"I assumed we're use the runabouts for the evacuation. I thought we should attach a fighter squadron, as an escort.  I case of attack in route to starbase.  And second, to assign a special passcode to the pilots.  For identification purposes, case of enemy infiltration."  Ser said

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

James A. Hawke

Quote from: Ser Conley on March 03, 2017, 03:56:45 PM

"No."  It irked Ser to be silent with a finger.  But they were all under a lot of pressure at the moment so he let it slide.

"I assumed we're use the runabouts for the evacuation. I thought we should attach a fighter squadron, as an escort.  I case of attack in route to starbase.  And second, to assign a special passcode to the pilots.  For identification purposes, case of enemy infiltration."  Ser said

James nooded at Ser and replied "Agreed, that's a good idea. I'll leave you in charge of that process, use your best judgement. I was also going to ask you to go to the CIC and start looking at possible destinations for the Evacuation, I will leave the details up to your discretion of the best location...and thanks and welcome on board"  James said in a low tone.  He was focused on the multiple issues including keeping the destination secret.

He took a second and walked over to Kimball

Quote from: EQ Kimball on March 03, 2017, 01:34:07 PM

[Bridge]

"Uhh.  Sorry Lieutenant Commander.  But this plaque" EQ said, pointing at the dedication plaque on the wall.

"Diplomacy, Unity, Defense, Exploration" he said touching the first letter in each word.  "It spell DUDE like a secret code.  That's funny, don't ya thing.  Dude" he added and offered the XO a well know surfer hand signal, the shaka, by closing his three middle finder, extending his thumb and pinking, and twisting the wrist of his right hand.

"Yeah, it's a little funny, Dude...I wonder who came up with that"  As James finished he did the shaka back at Kimball.   "I think of it has multiple meanings, DUDE, it can also represent our friendship and unitly that takes to succeed, when you think about it it's deep and light at the same time"

Revek Tre'el

Quote from: Kirok on March 03, 2017, 01:54:53 PM

[Conference Room]

Kirok accepted the hand and shook it.  Something he rarely ever did, but this was a special occasion.  "Too much time for my liking" Kirok said.

"But it is fortune that we are united again.  In fact, you could not have returned as a more critical time.  As you see, your particular skills are in high demand" he added in all seriousness.

"And as I said, I started a war of sorts.  One that I can not back out of" the half Vulcan added.  "But I'm sure you have questions.  As do I.  If I may ask about your sister" Kirok said, dropping his voice slightly at the end in hushed tones.

[Conference Room]

Revek tensed at the mention of his sister. "She's a non-issue," he said and left it at that. It had been a while but the wound was still raw.

Moving on, the Cardassian continued, "As for this 'war of sorts' you've started, there is no 'of sorts.' Lines are being drawn and that's part of why I'm here. You're not alone in your stance. Some are with you, others," he motioned towards the display, "aren't." Revek paused to formulate his first question. "Why did you start this Kirok? Why did you involve this crew?"

Species: Cardassian

We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school - Thucydides

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.