Post of the Month - February 2017 (Part 1)

Started by Kirok, February 28, 2017, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Fleeters,

This has been a wildly spectacular month!!!

We have witnessed a surge in some of our veteran player retuning to the family.

And we have seen a lot of storyline about or regarding the Borg.

They were, of course, the enemy in our featured mission and in Athena's mission 'Cubed.'

It is from the Athena mission that we find our first POTM (post of the month) winner:  Leonard T. Scott.

Here is his post:

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on February 13, 2017, 07:43:45 PM

[Externally]

All at once the cube stopped it's listful gravitational wanderings. It seemed to "snap to attention"- instantly freezing. Sensors told those on the bridge that it had spontaneously went to full power somehow. No warm up, no warning, just zero to full power at the change of a 0 to a 1.

"Enemy shields are up. Weapons charged. Commander- they have a lock on us!" A bridge officer reported to James as the cube began to open fire on the Athena. This had not just gone from bad to worse but skipped "worse" and jumped, screaming, to a full stop at "the worst".

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on February 15, 2017, 02:02:04 AM

[Zeus]

"...A little bouncer slowly to Bryant. He will glove and throw to Rizzo. IT'S IN TIME! AND THE CHICAGO CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES! THE CUBS COME POURING OUT OF THE DUGOUT. JUMPING UP AND DOWN LIKE A BUNCH OF DELIRIOUS 10 YEAR OLDS. THE CUBS HAVE DONE. The longest drought in history of American sports is over and the celebration begins! It's never felt better to fly the 'W'..."

Before the broadcaster could finish the promo, the proximity alert filled the cabin.

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on February 14, 2017, 06:04:26 PM

[Externally]

While the barrage of the Athena did not let up but increased- peppering it with cutting beams, it had clearly activated its dispersal fields to disrupt the sensor and transporter function of the Athena. It was flying blind and would be unable to reach its away team even if it could.

However, Leonard's shuttle was not immune to this. A missile, the sort shimmering greenish energy field, launched at the shuttle. The shuttle was faster than it by a small margin but the missile would doggedly track the shuttle. Some fancy flying might be able to lose it though.

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on February 15, 2017, 02:02:04 AM

Well, at least I got the game in, Leo thought to himself as he wiped his eyes. That part always got to him. "Computer switch to manual control."

Per the request, a joystick appeared. Leo had talked to Senior Chief Petty Officer Mulchano Kossura in Engineering about getting one installed on the Zeus. Sure, they were a bit antiquated, but he preferred them to typical console commands while piloting this particular craft.

Computer, show rear view on main screen.

Just then, the shot fired from the Cube was on full display. Leo pushed the stick control forward and to the left and gave it a squeeze. He felt the ship start to accelerate in his desired direction.

Never a dull moment here in Starfleet, Leo thought as he effortlessly piloted the craft using every maneuver he could think of. Maybe I should have started dealing in those black market beagles...

He pulled the stick back and made the craft loop backwards. On the corner of the screen he saw the Cube and once he was level again, made a beeline for it. He knew the shuttle could make the sharp turn necessary to force their own weapon against them.

Both shuttlecraft and torpedo were now heading straight for the cube. Leo kept increasing the speed. When he was 100 meters from the Cube, he pulled up and flown up the mechanical facade. His calculation was pretty good as the torpedo crashed into the shielding. He didn't pay much attention to whether or not the impact made it to the Cube itself.

=/\=Zeus to away team. How are you guys holding up in there?=/\= he asked after tapping the commbadge.

Please help me to congratulate Leo on a great job!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Dylan Torngate

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Malcolm Adeyemi

Catrin Maddux

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Solluk

Excellent job!  Wear the award with pride.  :-)

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Kinley Garrison

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Katheryn Brighton

Academy Commandant

Jettis Jyur

Ser Conley

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Zuriel Soreka

T'Ra Jones

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Leonard T. Scott

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Jada

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Lena Atwood

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.ââ,¬â€ Leonardo Da Vinci

Sir Lena of House Atwood, Grand Marshall of Hospitality

Kyan Mackenzie

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.