Author Topic: Two for an adventure! (Garrison only)  (Read 1275 times)

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Two for an adventure! (Garrison only)
« on: February 27, 2017, 04:38:25 am »
[Ten Forward area of the USS Discovery]

D'Vid had sitting in a corner in the Ten Forward of the Discovery. The window was on his right. It was a nice view of space. It was early afternoon on some day on the ship. Days of the week are not really countable like the old days on Earth.

He had feeling little adventurous. A matter of fact, he has been wanting to do something with someone. He was not sure who? Well, Kali would be cool. But he was not want to go out with her cause he liked her. He would prefer do something with someone who might be fun to hang out.

He looked down at his spoon that was sitting in his bowl of chicken soup. It was okay. The chicken was not the real thing. How he would kill for a REAL chicken. The chickens from the twentieth century chicken in United States.

Still, he was capable to dream on going to do things. But this time he would like company. But who?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:39:35 am by D'Vid »

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Two for an adventure! (Garrison only)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 12:17:47 pm »
[Ten Forward]

Kinley was bored out of her mind. After a week's worth of scanner duties in literally the emptiest parts of space imaginable, Kinley was ready for a break. Sitting down at the counter, she sighed to the server.  "Hey Joe, could you mix me up some Talaxian Bubble Juice and Diet Sprite? Like usual? "
She looked around at the other patrons at this time on the ship. Aside from that one crewman who was always in here recovering from a few  too many Romulan Ales, there weren't many people in here at this time. Noticing D'vid by the window, Kinley grabbed her soda and headed towards his seat. "Hey D'vid. Mind if I join ya?"

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 06:51:00 am »
[Ten Forward]

Kinley was bored out of her mind. After a week's worth of scanner duties in literally the emptiest parts of space imaginable, Kinley was ready for a break. Sitting down at the counter, she sighed to the server.  "Hey Joe, could you mix me up some Talaxian Bubble Juice and Diet Sprite? Like usual? "
She looked around at the other patrons at this time on the ship. Aside from that one crewman who was always in here recovering from a few  too many Romulan Ales, there weren't many people in here at this time. Noticing D'vid by the window, Kinley grabbed her soda and headed towards his seat. "Hey D'vid. Mind if I join ya?"

[chit chat lounge]

D'Vid smiled warmly to Kinley. He stood half  from his chair. He nodded his head to her.  "Please, Kinley getting a bit lonely here," he shared to her. D'Vid remembered the small incident down in the Science labs with the burned out hood. A small burned out cupping circuit blew out as a chemical reaction gas ascended up. It discharge a reaction to make do a small explosion.

The female had a good up beat personality. Her smile made her glow. She was someone you would like to listen to talk, but D'Vid knew deep down in his heart. That she too had a sad story to tell. Heck. He was not planning to probe her. People are known of the El-Aurians of listening skills. People can spot them in a bar. Walk up to them and talk away their problems.

Funny, D'Vid felt he was not sure what was going to happen. He just play it by his two ears.

"Always smiling away," D'Vid complimented her. "That's what I like about you. So what you drinking?" He asked. He had over heard it. It would come rude to make a comment of the drink she was drinking. Being a good listener had good benefits, but one has to play stupid to pretend you don't hear it all. Like a Betazoid who really can't shut their empath off.

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 12:18:06 pm »
[chit chat lounge]

D'Vid smiled warmly to Kinley. He stood half  from his chair. He nodded his head to her.  "Please, Kinley getting a bit lonely here," he shared to her. D'Vid remembered the small incident down in the Science labs with the burned out hood. A small burned out cupping circuit blew out as a chemical reaction gas ascended up. It discharge a reaction to make do a small explosion.

The female had a good up beat personality. Her smile made her glow. She was someone you would like to listen to talk, but D'Vid knew deep down in his heart. That she too had a sad story to tell. Heck. He was not planning to probe her. People are known of the El-Aurians of listening skills. People can spot them in a bar. Walk up to them and talk away their problems.

Funny, D'Vid felt he was not sure what was going to happen. He just play it by his two ears.

"Always smiling away," D'Vid complimented her. "That's what I like about you. So what you drinking?" He asked. He had over heard it. It would come rude to make a comment of the drink she was drinking. Being a good listener had good benefits, but one has to play stupid to pretend you don't hear it all. Like a Betazoid who really can't shut their empath off.

[Ten Forward]

"What am I drinking? Oh it's just a bit of a mix of some Talaxian Bubble Juice and Diet Sprite.it's actually pretty good stuff. You wouldn't think it would taste good, but it does.  You know, it's really not easy to find many barkeeps out there who DON'T serve alcohol. You know what I mean? But to be honest, it's not like I go to these places much.  She took a long sip from her drink. What have you been up to recently since that little explosion a couple of weeks ago?"

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 05:10:18 pm »
Talaxian Bubble Juice and Diet Sprite. He knew the drink Sprite very well. He had some in the days on Earth in past. However, he was unable to share that experience to her. He knew of the Talaxian Bubble Juice. He had a liking for that drink, but alone it had all lot of bubbles.

D'Vid brown eyes looked over at the bar where Joe the Barkeep was mixing a drink for crewman. "Yes, Joe's Bartenders can be better then the BOB the bartender," he turned his attention back to Garrison. He had continued, "He's good mixing drinks. Not like some Scientist blowing up labs!" he said folding his arms on the table top. He gave her a quick wink with a smile.

He leaned closer to her. "You should try to Joe's mix drink the mixed fruit drink. They call it Shirley Temple for the gals. And the men. Rob Roys," he shared. Of course the drink D'Vid was thinking was little off. He was thinking of a Fruit Mix drink, but that was okay. He was far off being perfect.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 05:11:24 pm by D'Vid »

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 06:05:41 am »

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 06:35:37 am »
[10-Forward]

D'Vid chuckled when she brought up that fume hood and poked him. He had looked down at his chicken soup. Where can he go to tell her about himself.

"What about I share what I do," he told her. He ran his finger along side of his bow. "You can join me. For instance, I like eating Chicken soup. You ever had chicken soup?" he offered her a try by pushing the bowl to her. In the soup it had long noodles in it.

Beating the bush was what he had liked to do. He was old in a way for other races, but he had always felt young. He knew his life was not boring, but he had a lot dry spots of years of no adventure. But he had liked to use his mystery as a start up of a unique friendship relationship. Some times an individual likes to talk and just talk away all their problems and never bother to get to know an El-Aurian. El-Aurians had something in common with Cemeteries, but El-Aurians respond back, but the person in a grave only listens.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 06:36:51 am by D'Vid »

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 11:04:10 pm »

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 04:40:09 am »
Captain

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 04:43:53 am »
Kinley giggled. " That may actually be a decent battle plan, you know.  Don't tell me I didn't warn you, though." As she stood up, she grinned mischeviously. "Did you hear about the little incident I had with the baked Ziti a couple months ago? The one with the Klingon hot sauce?" 

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 05:19:28 am »
D'Vid stood up after Kinley got on her two feet. He was wearing amused smile. "Klingon hot sauce?" he asked. "I did not know they had sauce." This was new to him. He gestured her with his right hand. "I am so dying to hear this one tale."

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 03:20:30 am »
[Ten-Forward]
Kinley laughed at the memory.
"So I was making some baked Ziti, and the recipe called for a jar of Tomato Sauce. Well, I replicated a jar of sauce, but I accidentally pressed on the replicator for a jar of Klingon hot sauce. It looked almost exactly the same, so I didn't think of anything at the time. Apparently there is a reason why they endure the stuff as a test of their strength. You can imagine the results. "

She laughed a bit self-depricatingly. "Though the crewmen who could tolerate the stuff rather enjoyed it, if I recall. I think one even requested the recipe.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles