Author Topic: Alex Campbell, Reporting In (3rd of March, 2017)  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Alex Campbell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Tennessee is going to the Final Four
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Alex Campbell, Reporting In (3rd of March, 2017)
« on: March 03, 2017, 07:43:12 am »
Character Details

Character Name: Alexander Campbell
Character Age: 26
Character DOB: Stardate 53252.05 (April 3rd, 2370)
Character Image: Face Claim: Matt Smith

Character Species: Human
Character Family:
Father: Donald Campbell
Mother: Lauren Riden

Character Bio:
Born on Altair IV, Alex was raised by the relatively obscure architect Donald Campbell. Alex's mother, Lauren Riden, left Altair IV when Alex was only 4 years old and has not been heard of since.

Alex only had a father to guide him through childhood and the Federation riding off the nationalistic waves of the Dominion War; this led to visions of grandeur about joining the ranks of Starfleet. Bombastic yet unrealistic ideas about "protecting the innocent" and "carving a path through history" led Alex to join Starfleet Academy when he was 18.

Alex was a troubled student at the academy, with every one of his professors noted his capacity to learn information and acquire skills at an extraordinary rate. Despite this seemingly impossible ability, Alex had trouble actually focusing on the information at hand as he would ignore information and classes that he found uninteresting. Close to washing out of the academy, Commander (retired) Morris who taught Warp Theory managed to teach the incredibly difficult subject to Campbell. Somewhat guided by the professor, Alex began to realize his deficiencies in learning. After four hard years, Alex graduated from the Academy second-to-last in his class.

Character Details:
Pros: Alex is highly intelligent, a quick learner, a good problem solver and a team player.
Cons: Alex is lazy, arrogant (in his abilities) and unsociable.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience:
Played on Shadowfleet for roughly a year and a half before the Schism as "John Benjamin"
Took the OTC twice, might have taken the COTC (cannot remember).
Department Preference: Engineering
Secondary Department Preference: Medical or Science
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:
[Main Engineering]
The ship's warp core always seemed to be bustling with people. In fact, it always astounded Alex just how many personnel it took to run the engine of a starship. Starfleet has been using warp technology for over three centuries, yet it still took an entire department just to maintain the massive engines that powered her grand navy.

Alex glanced down at the console he was working at. Looks like the one of the Deuterium Injectors is malfunctioning Alex thought rather irritably. Replacing Deuterium Injectors was always a pain and required 2 or 3 people to get the job done right. Hopefully, it is something that can be fixed in a way other than replacing it.

Letting out a short sigh and dropping his shoulders, Alex headed down to where the injector in question was so that he could examine in more closely.

Additional information:
Previous experience in Shadowfleet, though most of the people I remember posting with aren't really here anymore.
How did you find Shadow Fleet?
I awoke from my slumber

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Alex Campbell, Reporting In (3rd of March, 2017)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 01:21:13 pm »
Alex,

A very good application.

Can you tell us who you played as before?

I have an open spot in the Engineering Department of the Tempest.

Would that work for you?

Please let us know,

Kindly,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Alex Campbell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 02:10:26 pm »
Alex,

A very good application.

Can you tell us who you played as before?

I have an open spot in the Engineering Department of the Tempest.

Would that work for you?

Please let us know,

Kindly,

Kirok

My original character's name was John Benjamin, and the beginning of that account should still be on the forums (since the shard Chris managed to find still had that character on there).

Anywhere you place me is fine, wouldn't bother me either way. Everything has certainly changed quite a bit!

Cheers,
Alex.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 02:18:55 pm »
My original character's name was John Benjamin, and the beginning of that account should still be on the forums (since the shard Chris managed to find still had that character on there).

Anywhere you place me is fine, wouldn't bother me either way. Everything has certainly changed quite a bit!

Cheers,
Alex.

Alex,

I do remember you as John Benjamin ;-)

If I recall correctly, you took the OTC when you played him.
So you do not need to repeat it. 
And you can start as an Ensign.
Please confirm that for me!

Julia Rellek and Will Warning are the CO and XO on the Tempest.

Please go ahead and email them and they will get you started.

Sincerely,

Kirok

Offline Alex Campbell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 02:31:17 pm »

Alex,

I do remember you as John Benjamin ;-)

If I recall correctly, you took the OTC when you played him.
So you do not need to repeat it. 
And you can start as an Ensign.
Please confirm that for me!

Julia Rellek and Will Warning are the CO and XO on the Tempest.

Please go ahead and email them and they will get you started.

Sincerely,

Kirok

Sounds good to me

Alex

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 03:22:22 pm »
Sounds good to me

Alex

Perfect.

Welcome back!

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles