One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor [Kali]

Started by Jettis Jyur, February 24, 2017, 03:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jettis Jyur

[Main Lounge]

Jettis grinned, as he stood behind the bar, balancing several bottles in his hands, while dumping a unique concoction into a tall glass, resulting in a swirling, blue an green mixture. A little bit of steam raised off it, and droplets of water slid down the outside of it, as a couple ice cubes floated in the drink so it wouldn't totally destroy his test subject on the first sip.

"And viola! An authentic El-Aurian drink - or at least, as authentic as you can get with these drinks." He pushed the glass over to Kali, then slid out from behind the bar, returning the hijacked counter to the actual bartender.
"You Alpha and Beta Quadrant-ers are really behind on what the good alcohol is." He teased with a wink, before taking a huge gulp of his own drink, letting the taste slide down his throat, loud and bursting with flavour. "Won't find this on a replicator anywhere." He grinned smugly, puffing his chest out. He was rather proud he had somehow managed to whip up something that reminded him of home. Of course, it could never beat the real thing - nothing could - but it was a damn good replacement, while he was stranded out here on a Starship. The next time he went on shore leave, he would need to convince Zero to come get shots with him, try to recreate some things that weren't yet registered in the replicators, or even known by the majority of people.

Glancing back at Kali, he watched her face, to see what sort of reaction she would have to his offering - a disgusted look at how many drinks he had bastardized to create it, or an excited squeal at how many bottles he could fit into just one. Either one would be amusing enough.

Kali Reyes

[Main Lounge]

What she was supposed to do was finish her paperwork and send it on out to Cap before second shift, but she decided against it. Who wanted paperwork before bed? Kali certainly didn't and she thought she did him a favor by ditching her quarters and lounging with the other sad peons - maybe have a beer in the process while Lieutenant Zem embellished his latest duties to a woman he'll never have, because good word around scuttlebutt said she was as frigid as the mountains of Andor.

She watched them across the room and wished she had popcorn. That was when Jettis graced himself around the bar and helped himself to the liquor. Kali didn't lecture him about it; she was off-duty. And she was plenty curious what the hell he was making. She hoped it kicked the pants off of her. Faking it was something she was good at, but she'd rather have a good time instead.

"Looks like a Cardassian Sunrise," Kali said before picking up a stirrer and playing with it. Talking smack was a bar thing. Or a Kali thing. Both. She took the stirrer and licked the tip for a taste because most sad slops tend to just chug things down to avoid the taste - but how would you know it won't kill you if you can't recognize anti-freeze from Fernet?

Almost thoughtfully, she sucked on the stirrer and smacked her lips. "What is that?" she demanded, mostly at the drink than him. She took a more liberal sip and a burst of flavor hung around her taste buds and down her throat in a way that made stars dance in her vision. Her svelte figure swayed a bit from the kick.

Kali's eyes widened the moment she got her bearings. "Holy crap."

Jettis Jyur

[Main Lounge]

Jettis'smirk grew more and more as he watched her nonchalant attitude melt away promptly. What was once cool indifference toward the drink disolved into a wide eyed stare. "What? I put a work of art, a masterpiece down in front of you and that's all you can say?" he mocked, internally pleased at her response. He wasn't really sure how she would react to something so... lively.

"And that was even the watered down version." ne snickered, eyeing the ice cubes that still bobbed in the drink, though considerably melted and misshapen.
Leaning back in his seat, he chuckled, dropping the cocky act. "But really - that's one of my favourite drinks. I know quite a few - you should get a load of Shginian Gin." Tipping his drink from one side to the other, he swirled it slightly, watching the patterns that were created in the smoke.

"I can't give away all of the tricks up my sleeve, obviously, a magician never reveals his secrets. Buuuuut..." he paused, shooting her the same smug smirk. "Might be able to make an exception for the greatest and best chief on the Starship. For a price, of course." he let the offer hang in the air, as he went back to sipping his own drink contentedly.

Kali Reyes

[Main Lounge]

She stopped swaying, her pride seemingly blown, so she set the drink aside. "Weaksauce," Kali critiqued, smacking her lips again. "Pure weaksauce." But there was something in her grin that gave it away. She made sure to take another potent gulp when Jettis looked away to nurse his own drink.

He would eventually catch her in mid-sip, but by the time he did, the illusion of snobbery was long gone and Kali just wanted to drink until she couldn't spell her middle name. Kali set the glass aside and rolled her enticed shoulders back in a lazy shrug.

"Alright," she said. The whole exchange was the other way around. She was the devil in Georgia staring down at a grinning loon with his fiddle and a wager worth its weight in ego and gold. Her accent tinged with Brooklyn flavor. "Whatcha got for me?"

Jettis Jyur

[Main Lounge]

Jettis simply snorted at her continued smug act. Tapping his fingers on the counter, his gaze flickered around the lounge for a moment, before focusing back on his companion.

Tilting his head in that pseudo-innocent look he did, he smirked lightly, as he struggled to phrase his words that wouldn't embarrass the both of them. A couple times his mouth moved with no words coming out - just abandoned phrases, before sighing and picking up his drink an an almost angry manner.

"Y'know what? Maybe I'll just save a favour for a rainy day." He muttered cryptically. "Cash it in whenever I need it. Promise it won't be anything that'll get you demoted. Deal?"

Kali Reyes

[Main Lounge]

Kali growled. "You vague bastard." She folded her legs grumpily and turned away, returning to her drink. "I don't like bush beating." Metaphorically at least. But not the point. The line of his shoulders and his hesitance to get anything out either meant that this was something really awesome or really horrifying. As a woman who fell to either extreme on a daily basis, she was pretty off-put that she'd get no proper conclusion tonight.

Well, she could squirrel it out of him. What were the odds of a rainstorm in space after all? Her pinky pointed at him in mid-sip. "I'm not gonna play wingman to your shenanigans, if that's what you're trying to cash. I learned my lesson last time." And boy was it a big blowout. It was probably the fastest marriage/divorce ever experienced in the history of this ship.

She arched a well-sculpted eyebrow at him. "Is it Kinley? You chumps are pretty strapped to the hip these days." Jettis and Kinley, that was what she usually paired when talking to Tekin or Kyle. Those two guys. Two for the price of one. Wonder Twin powers activate. Scoobs and Shag. The references went on in her head thanks to the drink.

Jettis Jyur

[Main Lounge]

Jettis shrugged his shoulders at her annoyance, and took another sip of his own drink. "Takes one to know one."

Setting his glass down, he rolled his eyes at her comment, but his smirk betrayed him. "As much as I'd like to say I'm trying to land a date, no. I don't need your help for that." Alright, that was his last smug jab of the night. Maybe. Probably not.
"No, this is something different. You'll find out when you find out. Trust me, you'll probably like th - you probably won't hate this... you'll probably tolerate this." He shook his head, chuckling. "Really, it's not so bad."

Kali Reyes

[Main Lounge]

"Oh, so you're gonna play it like that, huh?" Kali scowled indignantly. "Alright, alright, I see how it is!" All the harrumph and whining was 50/50 of the charm, but Jettis never seemed to mind so she in turn didn't mind in upping up the dramatics. She even pretended to get up from her seat and stomp away, but instead thumped her palms on the table. "Another!" A motion of her fingers to her lips demanded another drink.

So while the hapless bartender could only stare at the half-empty drink in the hopes of emulating to her demands, Kali tapped the end of her stirrer to her lips in suspicion. "That's not fair. What if you're going to ask for this secret thing years down the line? Or if you get transferred, or I get transferred or the entire ship ends up being sucked into a supermassive black hole?"

Jettis Jyur

[Main Lounge]

Jettis' amused smirk kept up as Kali continued to whine about his vague description of the 'favour' he was going to ask. His questioning look turned to the Bartender, as he shrugged unconcernedly. "viel Glück," He raised his drink in a mock-toast, before downing the rest of it.

Crossing his legs, he frowned slightly at Kali, before shrugging again. "I highly doubt it'll be years." He drawled casually, fiddling with the stirrer in his hand. "And if either of us get transferred, I'll just have to think of another favour to ask of you, hm? I can always send all the best recipes any time I want. Might even give you a couple for free if you're good." Leaning his arm on the counter, he cocked his head. "That makes me wonder though, why Kinley?" He rested his chin on his palm, eyes glinting mischievously. "That you thought of first, anyway, of all the people on the ship?"

Kali Reyes

[Main Lounge]

Kali hopelessly shrugged. "You guys go like a set. Fickle thing, human nature. We like to group things into piles. Not neat piles - that's a Vulcan thing - but piles nonetheless." And, okay, a thoughtful moment passed. "And I control at least most of the betting pool on the ship. Drama is my motive and I kind of like to mold things in my favor." With one finger on the ship's pulse, she was not only making a pretty bit of latinum out of it, but she knew enough from keeping the ship from going out of control with said drama. It was a pretty sweet gig.

"Not Kinley, then?" she goaded. "You're going to break a lot of hearts if not. Anderson's got a pretty sick Nymbis tablet on the line for that. But I guess that's too easy. Maybe D'Vid? Oh! The good doctor Cottle! That's actually 10,000 to 1, so if you have an inkling to give me a little bit of insider trading..."

Jettis Jyur

[Main Lounge]

Jettis actually burst into laughter at Kali's pondering, true laughter. Not an amused chuckle or a heartless smile. Maybe it was just the drink talking.
Either way, it took him a good minute to calm down, and when he did he was still grinning at Kali through squinted eyes.

"Ah, just like you." He snickered, rubbing at his eye. "Well, I suppose I'll leave rumours to rumours for now. I already have the dating dirt on you, can't be giving you any blackmailing material." His eyes glinted mischievously, as he tapped on the counter. "Word spreads fast."

Leaning back, he shrugged again, grin slowly settling back into his amused smirk, but markedly more smug. In an 'I-know-more-than-you' kind of way. "But, even if I did tell you, I don't think you'd believe me." The mischievous look returned, internally daring her to continue pushing the subject.

Kali Reyes

[Main Lounge]

Once upon a time, Kali would have been intensely curious what rumors abound about her, but she's been under scrutiny for so long, it barely phased her at this point. "I don't date," she said in a hush. "I conquer."

But another fellow officer? Indulging in it was way more fun. The bartender gave up and offered her an actual, goodness to god, Cardassian Sunrise. She gingerly sipped at it lest she not remember what happens next tomorrow. "Try me," she goaded. "I bet I've heard crazier."

Jettis Jyur

[Main Lounge]

Jettis snorted. "Of course. Conquering." He gave her a thumbs up to indicate he got it.
"Smirnoff." He said, after turning to the bartender who was standing there after giving Kali a mockup of her order.

Turning back to Kali, both his eyebrows raised, and he bit back a chuckle. Forcing a serious look, he took Kali's hand, lifting it up. He didn't know if she had her translator on her, but hopefully she would be too shocked to check it anywho. "Aber das wÁƒ¤re ungerecht. Kann dir nicht einen Vorsprung geben." He finished his dramatic act by kissing her on the hand - that was, if she hadn't already pulled it back in horror. Sliding back into his seat, he took the granny smith flavoured Smirnoff as if nothing had just happened, casually leaning against the bar again.

Kali Reyes

[Main Lounge]

When he soberly kissed her hand, Kali's head tilted so far to the side, she could have mimicked a confused puppy. She stilled except for her rapid blinking and then tapped along her wrist for the translator under her skin.

The fact that he sidestepped Standard made her pout. "Ass." Because she didn't know a lick of German and her translator was unresponsive. She made a mental note to pop the sucker out later and update it.

Jettis Jyur

[Main Lounge]

Jettis smirked at her reaction, as he twisted the cap off, and took a swig. "And you didn't even hear what I actually said. For all you know, I could have said the Captain himself." Winking, he got back to emptying his current bottle. For casual drinking, he was drinking considerably quickly, but it didn't seem to phase him at all, and he was only on his second.

"But back to you," he turned the question back on her, crossing his legs and shooting her a look. "How's your love life been? Mine's been abysmal. Apparently being thousands of lightyears away in a hunk of metal is 'too much distance', or something." Scoffing, he gave an almost imperceptible shrug, before continuing his drinking.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.