Author Topic: Family Visit(Ser&Zuriel)  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • What does this big red button do?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Family Visit(Ser&Zuriel)
« on: February 24, 2017, 12:42:26 am »
[USS Discovery Runabout]

The cruise through space was a slow one, but a comfortable one. Zuriel and Ser had been switching off during the flight, partly to keep everyone fresh but also Zuriel was happy to be on the con again. With his second shift over Zuriel was falling in and out of sleep, he could not wait to hold his wife and his children again. Zuriel especially looked forward to seeing Avigail and was looking forward to her face once she found him in uniform again. Avi had aspirations to become a starfleet officer herself, she was always a daddy's girl,and Zuriel could not be more proud. Adonia was staying on New El-Auria prime to help with rebuilding the future of their race, a very noble thing to do.

"How long has it been since you were with Sahiba and Dima? it will be great to have us all in one place for once, and now that I think of it I don't think you have ever met my children, but I know they know about you."

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:43:33 am by Zuriel Soreka »

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Family Visit(Ser&Zuriel)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 02:10:58 am »
[USS Discovery Runabout]

The cruise through space was a slow one, but a comfortable one. Zuriel and Ser had been switching off during the flight, partly to keep everyone fresh but also Zuriel was happy to be on the con again. With his second shift over Zuriel was falling in and out of sleep, he could not wait to hold his wife and his children again. Zuriel especially looked forward to seeing Avigail and was looking forward to her face once she found him in uniform again. Avi had aspirations to become a starfleet officer herself, she was always a daddy's girl,and Zuriel could not be more proud. Adonia was staying on New El-Auria prime to help with rebuilding the future of their race, a very noble thing to do.

"How long has it been since you were with Sahiba and Dima? it will be great to have us all in one place for once, and now that I think of it I don't think you have ever met my children, but I know they know about you."

"It's going to get embarrassing, isn't it."  Ser from his seat.  "Still I can wait to meet your family.  I was only on the planet a short while, just long enough to set up the house.   Then starfleet pulled me back in.   So to answer your first question.  About Six months.  Dima gotten big without me."   

Ser pulled out a PADD.  A few finger taps later an image of Dima came up.  Ser passed it along to Zuriel. 

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 12:04:41 pm »
"Well I'm sure you will like it, family set up houses by compounds, it's just like it was on the first El-Adria, but with so many of us gone, we have the plot for four, since they count your family,mine, and my wives as the same line now. It sounds impressive but it only land enough for the houses themselves, the fields and all open land is public, no land desputes."Zuriel said quite happy that he once again had a planet to call home. Earth was a wonderful world, and it's people took them in when their need was great, but their is always that itch to find a new home, and that moment came three years ago finally.

"No need to feel awkward, unlike my sister I don't read minds without permission, it's very rude. Anyway I'm sure you have enough practice dealing with Dima, I hear she may rival her mother in ability, would give me the goosebumps."

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 05:01:26 am »
"From what I can tell,  she does."  Ser said half smiling.  It had been some he thought about for awhile.  With the incident on the discovery.  She been able to take Ser mind out of the trance easily.  And not to  mention some of the other abilities Dima had show.  Nothing overly mind blowing just odd to see in someone barely two years old.

"Zuriel I'm going to be honest with you, and ask for your help."

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 06:09:55 am »
"I can feel you concern Ser." Serena was human, and while that was in no way a telepathy, he had been thrust  into a difficult world, Sahiba was powerful yet she had control and manners, Dima was young she simply was inexperienced, Zuriel was not sure what happend but to someone who didn't grow up this way it would have been frightening. "Their was a time when my people would kill people like my family, but we have grown from that, but it in no way means the concern is gone. "What ever help you need you will have it, that I can promise you. Now what do you ask."

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 06:24:55 am »
"Thank you."  Ser said but he still didn't know quite how to begin.  Then he realized he should start at the beginning. 

"First, Let me start with the Q."  He said as he got up from his seat, and walked over to the replicator. 

"Earl Grey, hot, milk, and sugar.  I'm thinking when they were brought back, something happen to Dima."  Ser said as he took his tea from the  replicator. 

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 06:32:08 am »
"Hear me now Ser and take my words seriously, never trust a Q." Just the idea of the ethereal bound trouble makers angered Zuriel  they had always caused more trouble than good, and still had the nerve to Lord over all beings who were not as ascended as them, which simply was every race.

"What has happend ser speak plainly, if your are being harassed by a Q, I would have you tell me. There are things that can be done, even they have rules." Zuriel seethe with anger,the thought of the Q interfering with his line was a issue, but he did know why Ser didn't tell them sooner. "Trifling with the Q is not a minor matter, what has happend?"

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 06:45:00 am »
"No, that not it.  Well part of it." Ser sipped his tea, letting the hot  liquid cool in his mouth before swallowing. 

"We haven't been bothered by Q since, and I think it's Dima.  I was able to get them back from Q, largely because of Dima.  And she did this  while being a fetus.  Her  being alone stopped a Q from doing what she wanted.  I think you'll agree it a fit even a El-Ariain couldn't do.  I think being touched by the Q change her some how."  Ser took another sip from the cooling tea. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 06:52:29 am by Ser Conley »

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 06:56:26 am »
"Dima stopped a Q?" That is...irreguler." The odds of Dime to possess such power was small, while an El-Adrian had kept a Q at bay, none had thwarted them completly. It more impossible than it was impossible.

"Q do nothing for mere charity , that fact has racked my mine since my sister and Dima where brought back, they did it for a reason, and I fear we may just be in the audience in this show. But don't worry, we can use their interest in Dima to our advantage. Tell me have you spoke. To Sahiba about this, they are connected you know, more than you could ever know, they share emotions, it's a defence in a way, mainly the Q, the come for us all sooner or later. They always fail."

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 04:44:32 pm »
"We talked a little."  Ser said.  But she hasn't shown that type of power again.  I been watching.  And like I said other smaller thing have caught my attention."  Ser sipped a little more of the tea.   It was warm now.  So he started taking mouth.  It relaxed him, help to ficus his thoughts.  Zuriel either didn't understand what Ser meant or didn't quite believe believe the implications of it.  But that didn't matter for what Ser had in mind. 

"Look weither or no the Q have plans for us isn't my major concern right now.  It's Dima,  I think she will become something... more.  I want your help in finding out if she has the potential." He said.

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 08:15:50 pm »
"We talked a little."  Ser said.  But she hasn't shown that type of power again.  I been watching.  And like I said other smaller thing have caught my attention."  Ser sipped a little more of the tea.   It was warm now.  So he started taking mouth.  It relaxed him, help to ficus his thoughts.  Zuriel either didn't understand what Ser meant or didn't quite believe believe the implications of it.  But that didn't matter for what Ser had in mind. 

"Look weither or no the Q have plans for us isn't my major concern right now.  It's Dima,  I think she will become something... more.  I want your help in finding out if she has the potential." He said.

"What are you saying Ser, does she have the potential to be a Q? If that is the case I highly doubt that, but as for a test for her a abilities, that I can help with, we have a test she can take with another, to guage the level of her progression, from what you tell me, it schould be high."

Zuriel used the computer to get his own drink, "it's essentially  a logic test, I hide information in my head, she tries to find it, as the test goes along, I make my defenses more elaborate, from slightly skewed memories, to outright lies, to see if she can tell when someone is being honest. The test goes further, buthe it is hard to explain in words."

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 08:41:05 pm »
"What are you saying Ser, does she have the potential to be a Q? If that is the case I highly doubt that, but as for a test for her a abilities, that I can help with, we have a test she can take with another, to guage the level of her progression, from what you tell me, it schould be high."

Zuriel used the computer to get his own drink, "it's essentially  a logic test, I hide information in my head, she tries to find it, as the test goes along, I make my defenses more elaborate, from slightly skewed memories, to outright lies, to see if she can tell when someone is being honest. The test goes further, buthe it is hard to explain in words."

"I think I get the jest of it.  That exactly what I was hoping for really.   And no, I don't think has the potential to become a Q, but maybe something more then a Human or El-Arian."  He drained the rest of the liquid.  The warmth spread through his body.     

"I know I might be an over cautious Dad right now.  But If I'm right, she going to need more help then I can give her.  She'll need a teacher."

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 11:39:43 pm »
"I think I get the jest of it.  That exactly what I was hoping for really.   And no, I don't think has the potential to become a Q, but maybe something more then a Human or El-Arian."  He drained the rest of the liquid.  The warmth spread through his body.     

"I know I might be an over cautious Dad right now.  But If I'm right, she going to need more help then I can give her.  She'll need a teacher."

Zuriel admired Ser for his concern over his nice, he knew it would be difficult for any human to be comfortable with a child that could snap their mind if she had a tantrum. Zuriel pit his hand on Ser's schoulder in an effort to calm him and smiled endearingly. My dear Ser, it'seems not Dima that needs to be trained, she has Sahiba who knows what she is doing, trust her, I know that fact makes you feet helpless, but I assure you, she is in good hands, you see when my mother died I was the one who taught her, when we get on planet I will do what I can, but you have to trust me, what you also have to do is let me train you, the more your able to protect your own mind the more comfortable you will be." Zuriel slowly got a little closer and put his hand on the temple of the human, let me let you listen to what we hear everyday, you will understand  why I am not worried. Zuriel closed his eyes and searched his mind for a memory, a day at starfleet Academy, the silence of the shuttle was filled with what sounded like millions of voices at once, it was ear splitting, even for Zuriel who had experience it was a burden. Shutting the voices Zuriel returned the silence, "Dime hears this every hour of everyday, but even know she has mastered control, you don't know how strong your daughter is, but trust me you are doing well."

Offline Ser Conley

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • it good to be home.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 04:21:19 am »
Zuriel admired Ser for his concern over his nice, he knew it would be difficult for any human to be comfortable with a child that could snap their mind if she had a tantrum. Zuriel pit his hand on Ser's schoulder in an effort to calm him and smiled endearingly. My dear Ser, it'seems not Dima that needs to be trained, she has Sahiba who knows what she is doing, trust her, I know that fact makes you feet helpless, but I assure you, she is in good hands, you see when my mother died I was the one who taught her, when we get on planet I will do what I can, but you have to trust me, what you also have to do is let me train you, the more your able to protect your own mind the more comfortable you will be." Zuriel slowly got a little closer and put his hand on the temple of the human, let me let you listen to what we hear everyday, you will understand  why I am not worried. Zuriel closed his eyes and searched his mind for a memory, a day at starfleet Academy, the silence of the shuttle was filled with what sounded like millions of voices at once, it was ear splitting, even for Zuriel who had experience it was a burden. Shutting the voices Zuriel returned the silence, "Dime hears this every hour of everyday, but even know she has mastered control, you don't know how strong your daughter is, but trust me you are doing well."

Ser jumped back in his seat, when Zuriel was finished.  He was so disturbed he almost missed what Zuriel had said.  Ser nodded his reply, and keep silent for a moment thinking. 

Training, he hadn't though of training for himself.  Nor had he thought of Dima being a threat to him.  The second thought disgusted him, so he immediately pushed it out of his mind.  But to better understand what his daughter would go through was something that applied to him. 

"Yes I think I'll take..."a beeping started at the helm console. And Ser turned to look. 

"We're coming up on El-Arian Prime's system.  Another twenty minutes at our current speed.  But since we I want to see my family."  He raised the warp factor, and the five seconds later they drop out of warp nearing El-Arian prime at full impulse. 

"Hey, did you tell your wife you were coming home?"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:22:23 am by Ser Conley »

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 10:37:59 pm »
Ser jumped back in his seat, when Zuriel was finished.  He was so disturbed he almost missed what Zuriel had said.  Ser nodded his reply, and keep silent for a moment thinking. 

Training, he hadn't though of training for himself.  Nor had he thought of Dima being a threat to him.  The second thought disgusted him, so he immediately pushed it out of his mind.  But to better understand what his daughter would go through was something that applied to him. 

"Yes I think I'll take..."a beeping started at the helm console. And Ser turned to look. 

"We're coming up on El-Arian Prime's system.  Another twenty minutes at our current speed.  But since we I want to see my family."  He raised the warp factor, and the five seconds later they drop out of warp nearing El-Arian prime at full impulse. 

"Hey, did you tell your wife you were coming home?"

Zuriel smirked as he noticed Ser up the warp factor, it was good to see Ser as excited to go home as Zuriel was himself. Losing a planet was hard on the El-Adrian's, bUT they had endured, and more importantly stayed together as a species. El-Suria Prime was not their homeland but it was every bit as majestic.

It was good to be home, the planet was a jewel to behold, the planet administration had kept the flora and fauna on ice, while the Borg attacked, once they found a planet that suited their needs, it was only a matter of reintegration.

" I didn't tell her because I didn't know it would be so soon, but she knows I would be coming, like I said avigail is heading to the Academy, she knows I won't miss that." Zuriel began to calmly to alter the coms channel, " This is Zuriel of house American, Ser of House Falco, requesting permission to land in public hub beta seven ."

"Starfleet vessel acknowledged, you are clear to land on pad 2, welcome home." A gentle voice replied after a few moments. Zuriel grinned at Ser, looking as if he was a kid in a candy store.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles