Season 3, Mission 04: Assault on the Frontier

Started by Scott Bradley, October 25, 2007, 06:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Bradley

Scott was sat in the ready room.  he took a sip of the cup that was on the desk, before pressign a button on his desktop console.

" Computer, begin recording.

Acting captain log, august 10th, 2384.

After having spoke with Admiral O'Neill, I've learned that captain Kawolsky has been temporarily been reassigned, so I've been given temporary command of the Discovery. It has been two weeks since we finished our last mission, and after spending some time in the service yard we are back on assignment.

We are delivering supplies to Ulysses colony, a mining colony on the furthest edge of the federation. this particular colony is rich in raw materials, so it will be a nice change of pace to be visiting a colony, rather than avoiding weapons fire. "

Scott pressed the button again, he finished the contents of the cup and made his way to the bridge, where lieutenant Brown was in command. Scott tapped his commbadge

=/\= Bradley to Conwell =/\=

" Commander, could you report to the bridge. "

He faced lieutenant brown

" Report lieutenant. "

Aaron

"I apologize, Captain.  My men will stay out of the way, the disadvantage to being the last of a royal line is pretty much having to have guards with you at all times." Aaron said feeling more comfortable around Bradley, he let out a tiny chuckle as he eased back in the seat.

"So what have you been assigned too this time?" Aaron asked with a curious look.

Scott Bradley

Scott turned to face Aaron

" We're transporting vital mining equipment and fresh supplies to Ulysses colony, its a backwater colony except for the vast natural resources, that planet could help supply shortages in this entire sector.

I assume your on detached duty from the Chronosion command? I'm guessing the Sel'tek aren't pushing into this region of space?

i hope that you find our accommodations comfartable, were not used to dealing with royalty. "

Scottgave a slight chuckle at the royalty remark, before pressing a few buttons on his padd

Aaron

"Oh please, the only ones who treat me as a royalty is Ranak and those other 3 with him.  I preffer to be a military advisor who just happens to have a ship and men at my beck and call, which is an advantage." Aaron said smiling.

"Detached, no.  Just here to assist you to grow a little bit.  As for the Sal'Tek, they have just been sent back to the stone age at a great price on our part.  They shouldnt be much of a threat for awhile.  We are recovering at the moment then we will take the fight to the Chronastines, our mortal enemies." Aaron said with a more serious tone.

Justin Conwell

In the catwalks near engineering, Commander Conwell was doing diagnostics on one of the Environmential systems and tweking it just a little to make engineering feel a little cooler. A moment later his commbadge went off.

" Commander, could you report to the bridge. "

Not remembering the e was dcking Justin raised his head too fast and hit the metal. He goes a little dizzy before tapping his commbadge.

"Omw Commander" replied Justin before closing the link.

10 Minutes pass,

Commander Conwell steps out of the turbolift his head still a little bursied and himself a little dizzy. Thinking to make a reminder not to every raise a head in a cat walk again. Justin see's Commander Bradley and walks over to him.

"Commander, reporting as order sir." said Justin at the best of his abilities.

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

John Brown

Well Commander, all Supplies are Loaded and Stored we are Ready to Leave on your Orders, All Stations Report Green, this should be an Relaxing Mission.

*John now turns Aaron*

Thank you, Aaron for what you have done for this ship when I had Medical Issues Iam in your Debt again.

John Brown

ooc:Sorry to Speed this up.

*John walked over to the Tatical Terminal and Brought up all Combat Systems on Stand by*

were Ready for a Fight, not like were going to be in one.

==^==This is Starship Operations to U.S.S Discovery you are Cleared to Depart from Docking Bay at your Own Time, on an Other Note U.S.S Discovery Only Starship in Sector of Ulysses colony, God Speed Starship Operations out==^==

Commander, Given that Message from Starship Operations I have Prepared the Ship in the Past Two Weeks. I whent to the Secuitey Breifing, the Orions have been reported Attacking outlining Colonies of the Klingon Empire. which at Warp 5 is 72 Hours from Federation Space. The 12th  Joint Federation/Klingon Task Force which Orginaly was Patroling near Ulyssess Colony was relocated to a Sector Deeper in Federation Space to deal with the Orions 

Scott Bradley

Scott turned around, ti was Good having john back at tactical,

" Very good lieutenant, good to have you on your feet. Alan set course for  Ulysses Colony , maximum warp. "

Scott then turned to Aaron, who was sitting at his side

" I'm sorry Aaron, I'm not familiar with the Chronastines, can you tell me more about them?

Scott then stood up as commander conwell approached him.

" Commander, i'll get straight to the point, the Captain has been reassigned temporarily, I was hoping you would serve as my XO, until the captain returns. do you accept? "

Justin Conwell

Justin thinks it over for 0.055179991 seconds before answering.

"I accepted Commander Bradley," Justin replied.

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

Aaron

"Hmmm, Ill give you a short history lesson.  At one point in time so many millenia ago, the Chronastines werent even thought of, we lived as one race.  Then a civil war broke out and the planet was divide.  The Chronasians, which is me and my people, waged war against our own the self appointed Chronastines.  They killed our royal family who were our military leaders and high council.  They were killed along with my father, our now dead leader Andros's father and my 3rd in command Sean's father.  They hit us where it would hurt, but it didnt have the effect they were hoping for, once they attacked us, we countered them and slaughtered everyone in our path but we over estimated their numbers.  They pushed us back where the Alexander was being prepped for launch at and we got everyone we could inside the ship and got as much equipment as possible as well inside, then we launched.  We traveled the Universe looking for a home and we soon found your federation, and here we are.  Thats a brief history of my people."

"The history of the Chronastines are a lil different, they are nothing but blood thirsty savages who returned to their primal ways and killed their own people.  They resorted to being half animals, half humanoids.  They would even wear the skin of or body parts as trophies of their victory.  They would kill without mercy and kill with impurity.  Their ship tactics are just as cruel.  Last time we ran across them their fleet was destroyed but we lost over 100,000 lives, several thousand fighters along with their pilots, and we lost almost an entire battle fleet protecting the Federation from our mortal enemies." Aaron explained as his voice trailed off as if reliving that fateful battle, then a few minutes passed as he returned to reality.

"As you can see, we have lost much to protect those who arent ready to fight our mortal enemy yet.  Not without help from us, and if you come across a chronastine fleet, Go the other way, your technology isnt ready for their brutality.  Technology means nothing to them, their primitive and their ships are advanced but their weapons are primitive.  So primitive that no ship in this age has ever had a defense against them.  They will even Ram the intended target to get what they want." Aaron said as his voice got deeper and seemed very cold as he went back in his memories.

"I was Andros's Second in command before he died, I was their during all those fights and battle's.  I have seen the the nightmares that our mortal enemies have done to their victums.  I was their for it all and lets just say I dont wish it upon anyone.  If any of your people gets captured by them, your best bet is to kill yourselves because they will make sure your death is long, slow, and as painful as possible." Aaron said coldly but truefully.

Scott Bradley

Scott listened to Aaron tale, it sent a shiver down his spine

" They don't sound like they could be related to your species in any way. Don't worry though, i have no intention of getting this ship in a fight it cant win. "

Alan Christopher

Alan had engaged the engines, and the ship slipped into warp without much effort. Alan had a look at the readouts

" Sir, we're 8 hours away at current speed. "

Scott Bradley

For the next several hours operations on the discovery proceeded as normal, the boredom that comes with transporting equipment soon crept in.

[ 8 Hours later ]

Scott was in his chair, taking a sip from a cup. he noticed how much time had passed.

" Mr Christopher, take us out of warp, bring us into high orbit over the colony. "

Lee Armstrong

Lee was slouched at his console, when he noticed some unusual energy spikes coming from the colony. He boosted power the sensors and increased the resolution, before long he had the source of the readings in his sight

" Sir, theres a ship above the planet, she's firing down to the complex! "

Scott Bradley

Scott stood up sharply

" Red alert! Mr brown bring shields and phasers online. Alan intercept course. "

Scott paced around the bridge, until they were in range

" lee, identify that ship "

Lee was scanning, after a moment he spoke

Sir, its a orion raider, she's seen us. she's moving to intercept.

Scott nodded to lee, who opened a channel to the ship
" This is commander Bradley of the U.S.S Discovery, you are attacking federation colony, stand down and withdraw now. "

Scott awaited a reply. The ship rocked as the raider opened fire. Scott simply turned his head to look at lieutenant Brown

" phasers, take out there weapons. "

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.