Author Topic: Card Game (Open)  (Read 2938 times)

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Card Game (Open)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 04:49:55 pm »
As James heard a big raise of 30.  He was not as confident in his hand.  He looked at Evan and responded  "I'll Fold" and with that he tossed his cards in the middle of the deck.  He was not going to be almost half of this chips on the hand that he had.

He picked up the card and looked at Ardy.

"Ardy you are the dealer now" James explained.

He looked at Evan and then mentioned "Ok, Evan you are the small blind of 5 ship...which you can afford after winning that pot"

He then looked at Miriam and said "Ok, Miriam you are the Big Blind which means you have to put 10 chips in the pot"

Finally he said "Alright, and then I am no blind"

He looked at Ardy and said "Ready when you are?"

Trying to make casual conversation James said "Anyone has visited the new lounge on the ship?"

OCC As I mentioned in the Spoiler, my cards were ok but not good.  I was not confident that I could beat her cards since I have no idea what they are.  It was risky to bet that much with only a high pair

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2017, 01:04:22 am »
Evan grinned, laying his cards bare upon the table. It was a fairly good first hand, but he couldn't trust that fate would be just as kind for a second round running. That was fine by him though. He would take what he was dealt and run with it. The point was to have a good time. Either win big, or lose in style.

"I think I mighta stepped in there once at the start of the mission before everything started running haywire. Sickbay's only just now settling back into some sense of normalcy. Spend a lot of time in there?"

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Kira Wyman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2017, 10:12:03 pm »
James' Quarters

Miriam observed the rest of the card game lay out before her and took in everything that happened in the match, trying to get a better understanding of what was happening. She liked to think of herself as a more visual learner and this was perfect for it, she started to understand the game as it went on.

As the match ended, she was told she was the big blind and pushed 10 of her chips forward so they were in the middle of the table. "I think I'm starting to understand it." Miriam said, smiling at James and then preparing for the next round to come. "I haven't been in the lounge much, I tend to keep to myself but from what I've seen it looks nice. I should probably spend some more time in there but I think we've all had a lot of work at the moment and so most of the time I've been helping with repairs." She finished.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 03:47:12 am »

"I think I mighta stepped in there once at the start of the mission before everything started running haywire. Sickbay's only just now settling back into some sense of normalcy. Spend a lot of time in there?"

James smiled and said "I think we are ready for the next hand"

He looked at Evan and said "Yeah, barely spend time on Sickbay, I never get hurt.  But my shirt ...for some reason it always get's torn of lost"

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 02:01:03 am »
Evan chuckled. "I meant do you spend a lot of time in the new lounge." Though to be fair, he hadn't chosen his words very well. The commander's response was only logical, as T'Ra would have surely pointed out if she were there. Evan took the new pair of cards as they were dealt to him. As he thought, not quite so lucky this time. But his face remained jovial as he commented, "Speaking of sickbay, you're right. I haven't really seen you down there. Not avoiding your physical, are you?"

Jack of clubs, 7 of hearts
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 02:26:21 am by T'Ra Jones »

-Evan Buehler

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 06:22:03 pm »
James picked up his cards.

10 of Clubs, 4 of Spades

He looked at his cards and waited to see how people where willing to bet.  Their actions would change his next move.

James then responded to Evan's answer "Ohh the lounge, not really, been busy trying to get to know the ship and the crew.  But, I do plan to hang out there once things settle down, and I can find whomever was responsible for this pink chair"  James finished his sentence with a humorous tone.  He figured that his pink chair looked ridiculous.

The Sickbay question hit a nerve but he responded as naturally as he could "Not, at all, I just don't get hurt often and hate needles"  He lied, he knew they did not have needles in this century, but he thought it was at least somewhat funny.  James used his humor to deflect issues when possible.

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 02:06:58 am »
Evan simply shrugged at the reply. It wasn't his job to press the issue; he'd leave that to the Chief. But the comment about needles made him pause. Such devices hadn't been used in practiced medicine for centuries, leaving Evan to wonder what was really the cause for the commander's aversion to sickbay.

He gave his cards another quick peek to remind himself what he had. They were sort of 'meh'. But he shoved his chips in anyway. Having one a fair few in the last hand, he could stand to lose a few. "I'm in."

-Evan Buehler

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles