Author Topic: Solluk Reporting In (Feb 6 2017)  (Read 462 times)

Offline Solluk

• Competent Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards
Solluk Reporting In (Feb 6 2017)
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:57:34 PM »
Character Name: Solluk
Character Age: 35

Character DOB: Second Vulcan Month, third day of that month.

Character Image: Under Development, (will be Tom Hiddleston with pointy ears.)

Character Species: Vulcan

Character Family:
Sorin (Father)
T’Pran (Mother)

Character Bio:
Solluk was born on Vulcan to parents Sorin and T'Pran, who both worked within the Planetary Logistics Board, a division in charge of managing the efficient distribution of resources and equipment to government agencies on the planet.   Solluk was a mediocre academic, but exhibited a strong talent for athletics and displayed remarkable alacrity and reflexes.  At a young age, he took an interest in piloting, and this interest would remain with him throughout his life.

Shortly after reaching the age of majority, Solluk graduated from the Vulcan Technical Institute of Shikhar with certificates in aeronautical piloting, sublight piloting, astrogation, and warp maneuvers.  He was able to get a position on the Planetary Logistics Board as a Freight Transport Operator, ferrying supplies to and from Vulcan from outlying parts of the system on a low warp transport.   Solluk also began a courtship with a young woman in the Planetary Logistics Board's administrative branch.  Things looked good for his future.

Then, during a routine transport operation, an incident occurred that would change his life forever. 

Solluk was piloting a craft carrying refined Duranium ingots to Vulcan, when he noticed something amiss.  A Vulcan shuttle began moving erratically, and turned to ram a Starfleet science vessel undergoing a sensor refit in a shipyard facility in orbit of Vulcan.  The shuttle was being piloted by a mentally unbalanced Vulcan suffering from Bendii syndrome, although no one understood this at the time.  Seeing that the collision was going to occur, and having no tractor beam on his transport ship, Solluk deviated from his assigned flight path and purposefully collided with the shuttle to change its course. 

He succeeded in preventing a catastrophic collision, but he suffered injuries in the process when a damaged EPS relay overloaded and sent a powerful jolt of electricity through the cockpit of Solluk's transport.  The jolt cooked part of Solluk's brain, causing some permanent brain damage.  As a result of the injuries, he lost the ability to fully control his emotions. 

Anywhere other than Vulcan, this loss of control would have been unnoticeable.   On Vulcan, his minor emotional exhibitions became an offensive level of emotional display.  He was continuously embarrassing himself with smiles, frowns, and other subtle emotional cues.  This made fellow Vulcans uncomfortable.  He even sensed this discomfort within his own family.   The woman he'd been courting politely broke off the courtship without real explanation, but Solluk understood why.  He did his best not to show it, but he felt a great deal of shame.

Finally, Solluk made the decision that life on Vulcan would be too uncomfortable for him, and he turned his sights to a career outside of Vulcan territory.   Armed with a letter of recommendation and commendation from the Captain of the Starfleet science ship he'd sacrificed himself to save, he enlisted in Starfleet.

Starfleet turned out to be a breath of fresh air, as it was an organization that delighted in variety.  While Vulcans claimed the philosophy of infinite diversity, Starfleet personnel actually lived it.  Solluk completed basic training and received technical certifications that supplemented his existing piloting knowledge with knowledge of combat maneuvers and weapons systems, in addition to basic maintenance of the related technology.  His pilot training was further supplemented with martial arts skills- in which he excelled thanks to his natural dexterity and strength- and ranged combat skills that benefitted from his hand-eye coordination.

There is no real prestige for a Vulcan serving in the lowly capacity of enlisted crewman.  However, Solluk has left those Vulcan standards behind him, and has decided to embrace at least one of the basic emotions that his injuries have cursed him with:  He has decided to have fun.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: I have been roleplaying for 29 years.  And now I realize I am quite old.

Department Preference: Most likely in Flight Control, piloting some manner of embarked craft.

Secondary Department Preference: Security

Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Enlisted

Sample post:

Solluk smirked when he saw her.  It was just a slight upwards curve at the corners of his mouth, but he might as well have laughed aloud and danced in place.  He immediately realized his error and straightened his expression, but it was too late.  T’Rim’s face was impassive.  As impassive as any Vulcan’s ought to be.  But he could feel her disappointment as if it were the heat of the noonday sun.

“This is who I am now,” he wanted to tell her, “I can’t control it.  But I still value you and I think there can be value in us.”

He said none of that, however.  Except perhaps with his eyes, with faint expression.

Any expression was a misstep.  This could only end one way.

In fact… he was quite sure it was over already. 

Additional information: I am willing to complete any kind of tutorial necessary to begin the game at a level above Bottle Washer, Fourth Class. 

How did you find Shadow Fleet?

In an emailed advertisement.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:55:36 PM by Solluk »

Offline Kirok

• Senior Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • Head of Fleet Media & Recruitment (Admin)
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Shadow Fleet Facebook Page
    • Email
    • Awards
Re: Solluk Reporting In (Feb 6 2017)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 11:00:10 PM »
Solluk,

A very good application.

Per our emails, I have an opening in the Flight Control department on the Discovery.

And you can take the Enlisted training course right away if you like!

Please let me know if that will work for you.

Sincerely,

Kirok

Offline Solluk

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 11:16:54 PM »
Hello,

This would suit me happily.   I am ready to take the examination.

Cheers!

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 11:19:13 PM »
I don't know... Bottle Washer, Fourth Class. is PRETTY high up there for a new person.

But seriously- welcome!

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Solluk

• Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 11:21:33 PM »
LOL!  Thanks.  :-)

Offline Alexander Wu

• Academy Medical Instructor
  • Veteran Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 11:47:13 PM »
I don't know... Bottle Washer, Fourth Class. is PRETTY high up there for a new person.

But seriously- welcome!

We could always start training with tupperware...

Welcome to ShadowFleet =)

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Solluk

• Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 11:55:51 PM »
Ha!

Thank you, Mr. Wu.

I look forward to your class.  :-)

Offline Solluk

• Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 02:41:53 PM »
Hello everyone!

I have noticed that some characters have an elegant ship assignment photo and placard embedded into their signature line.  Is there a process for acquiring this decoration?  Cheers!

Offline Kirok

• Senior Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • Head of Fleet Media & Recruitment (Admin)
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Shadow Fleet Facebook Page
    • Email
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 03:06:47 PM »
Hello everyone!

I have noticed that some characters have an elegant ship assignment photo and placard embedded into their signature line.  Is there a process for acquiring this decoration?  Cheers!

Solluk,

Yes, we will have an ID Card requested for you.

Kyan (on the Discovery) made the recent batch.

I will copy you on an email to him with the request.

Cheers,

Kirok

Offline Solluk

• Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 03:51:26 PM »
My thanks to those with the talent and generosity to make such things possible.

Cheers!

Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG-D Top 100 Original SciFi Sites Maelstrom: You create the galaxy TO INFINITY AND BEYOND