login

Author Features (You would like to see implemented)  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Kinley Garrison

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Features (You would like to see implemented)
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 04:25:27 AM »
So, sometimes when I go to post a picture, it just ends up being really huge and overshadows the post. Do you think there could be a way to shrink photos to a reasonable size on here?   I think this would be really handy for a lot of people on this site.

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Tech support? No... no tech support here...
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 01:06:38 PM »
So, sometimes when I go to post a picture, it just ends up being really huge and overshadows the post. Do you think there could be a way to shrink photos to a reasonable size on here?   I think this would be really handy for a lot of people on this site.
In the first {IMG} tag you can do {IMG width=200} to change an image size.

Offline Caelene Tam

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 09:42:26 AM »
Could we update or revise the IMs to list on your profile? Maybe it's just me, but I can't even remember the last time I used ICQ, YIM, or AIM...plus MSN Messenger is now actually Skype.

Not sure what everyone else uses, but I tend towards Google chat, Skype, and Discord.

Species: Trill (Joined) - Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Executive Officer and Chief Engineering Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline James H. Hawk

• Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 10:17:58 AM »
Could we update or revise the IMs to list on your profile? Maybe it's just me, but I can't even remember the last time I used ICQ, YIM, or AIM...plus MSN Messenger is now actually Skype.

Not sure what everyone else uses, but I tend towards Google chat, Skype, and Discord.

Hi, Caelene,

We do actually use Skype. Most of us here on Shadowfleet are on it and we have a group chat for everyone plus one for each SIMM. Its not on the profiles but we do still use it. If you would like, I could add you to the group if you PM me your Skype details.
Academy Security and Tactical Instructor

Offline Caelene Tam

• Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »
I've been sorta trying to get away from Skype some - mostly just have one person on there that I actually talk to. I could get that sorted once I get assigned; appreciate the offer to help.

I still think it'd be nice to update the IMs listed for people in our profiles though. I don't think (could be wrong) many people use ICQ/AIM/YIM anymore, so it seems a bit outdated to have those listed in profiles imho.

And Discord might be a good choice to go to - less resource intensive than Skype and it's a really nice program. I've joined/created a number of servers there (other simming organizations, WoW has servers for each class, some other games I've played are on there, etc). You can pin messages, do more customizing than Skype, etc. :)

USS Shran Executive Officer and Chief Engineering Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

Offline James H. Hawk

• Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 11:04:46 AM »
I've been sorta trying to get away from Skype some - mostly just have one person on there that I actually talk to. I could get that sorted once I get assigned; appreciate the offer to help.

I still think it'd be nice to update the IMs listed for people in our profiles though. I don't think (could be wrong) many people use ICQ/AIM/YIM anymore, so it seems a bit outdated to have those listed in profiles imho.

And Discord might be a good choice to go to - less resource intensive than Skype and it's a really nice program. I've joined/created a number of servers there (other simming organizations, WoW has servers for each class, some other games I've played are on there, etc). You can pin messages, do more customizing than Skype, etc. :)

Discord is a good idea and could potentially happen one day in the future but right now we are using Skype. Its not mandatory for you to join or anything but we would love to have you join there.

As for updating the IMs, I have no idea how that would work. I've never even paid attention to them.
Academy Security and Tactical Instructor

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 01:10:37 AM »
ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, ectra in profile is hard code. I might be able to rename it but I would have to do it everytime I updated the software.
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Offline Caelene Tam

• Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2017, 01:49:42 AM »
ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, ectra in profile is hard code. I might be able to rename it but I would have to do it everytime I updated the software.

Ahh okay. I'm familiar with that issue. Well, thought I would ask. I suppose if people used different IMs, they could use the same fields, then just indicate what IM their screenname is actually for.

Ex.  AIM:  Belais#2193 (Discord)

Then it's just slightly more typing for people and no hard coding for each update for you.

Offline Solluk

• Experienced Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 04:30:57 PM »
Hello,

Is there a method to unsubscribe from notifications on particular threads?

Cheers!

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 06:10:33 PM »
Just a little bump, this thread IS still around if anyone has any suggestions and we can see what we can do.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2017, 06:23:54 PM »
Just a little bump, this thread IS still around if anyone has any suggestions and we can see what we can do.

Can we get a new captain on the Challenger?

Offline Kinley Garrison

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2017, 08:40:59 PM »
Can we get a new captain on the Challenger?

To somewhat quote captain Picard: “Shut up, Malcolm.”  :P :D
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Offline Kira Wyman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2017, 02:52:47 AM »
Have we ever considered making missions 2 months long and shortening seasons to 6 episodes so we can finish a mission without it seeming rushed at the end?

Or at least a longer episode as the 'episode of the season's or something.

Just an idea!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:56:47 AM by Kira Wyman »

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 07:37:25 AM »
Have we ever considered making missions 2 months long and shortening seasons to 6 episodes so we can finish a mission without it seeming rushed at the end?

Just an idea!

I believe this actually is actually is discretion afforded to Captain's. I do not believe a uniform rule ia good, but allowing for flexibility for the CO to determine what is best for their simm is best. Not all missions will end in a month, which I do agree with you there.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:03:08 AM by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2017, 07:46:52 AM »
Mr Tritter is right here. Case in point is the Test, who is in the middle of a two month mission.

Offline Caelene Tam

• Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2017, 07:48:15 AM »

Just an idea!

Also, I believe the Shran's current mission is meant to last two months, but T'Ra or Hawke can correct me if I'm wrong...

Offline Naira

• Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2017, 01:36:59 PM »

Just an idea!

I believe this actually is actually is discretion afforded to Captain's. I do not believe a uniform rule ia good, but allowing for flexibility for the CO to determine what is best for their simm is best. Not all missions will end in a month, which I do agree with you there.

I agree that I don't think that this should be a set rule but rather up to each individual Captain based on what they feel works best for their simm. I know some simms move slower and it may feel rushed to move through a mission in one month or maybe they have a rather long and complex mission, but on the other hand, I've been on the Columbus for the past six months now and without fail each month we seem to wrap up each mission by the 25-27th of each month and our crew is waiting to jump onto the next idea  and start a new mission. For us, we'd either have to draw out each mission or add a lot more plot points to them so that our missions didn't become stagnant over the course of two months.

In fact, the other day we were planning out missions for the rest of the year and we'll be cramming in four missions (two of them mini missions) over the next three months because we had so many ideas that people want to play out.

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D
anything