Author Topic: Tapatalk + Error  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tapatalk + Error
« on: June 22, 2013, 10:09:18 pm »
Greetings,

Unless you were watching skype or making a thread after I installed Tapatalk, you wouldn't notice the issue I am about to explain. After I finished installing the mod, it was working properly and well for iphone and Androids. Now why did I disable and uninstall it temporary, it's a good question. Below is why.

When anyone was creating a new topic, it was giving you a White Screen of Death. I was trying to fix it and that was why this board was being populated with test topics by me. Until I can find a work around and I do now know which file is most likely causing it, I won't reactivate it. I am going to send my finds to SMF and Tapatalk support to see what they can come up with. I know it's isolated to the file in our Sources directory called Post.php but I don't know what is missing. There is obvious something missing or it won't be giving this message.

I will update this thread when I find a workaround.

Chris

PS: It will be tomorrow afternoon before I work on this problem.
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tapatalk + Error
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 10:45:40 pm »
For those of you who can decode what I am saying, then this might interest you. The following is what was removed to solve the white screen issue but I haven't found where it's completely linked or what it's missing. Maybe someone here can shed some light on it. I'm also pretty tired atm as well.

if (function_exists('tapatalk_push_quote_tag'))
            tapatalk_push_quote_tag($msgOptions['id'], true);
         else if(file_exists($boarddir . '/mobiquo/push_hook.php'))
         {
            include($boarddir . '/mobiquo/push_hook.php');
         }
         global $boarddir;

This is what was removed above. The following is when it's completed with the rest of the topic coding.

{
        if ($newTopic)
        {
            $notifyData = array(
                'body' => $_POST['message'],
                'subject' => $_POST['subject'],
                'name' => $user_info['name'],
                'poster' => $user_info['id'],
                'msg' => $msgOptions['id'],
                'board' => $board,
                'topic' => $topic,
            );
            notifyMembersBoard($notifyData);
            global $boarddir;
            if (function_exists('tapatalk_push_quote_tag'))
            {
            }
            global $boarddir;
            if (function_exists('tapatalk_push'))
            {
            }
        }
        elseif (empty($_REQUEST['msg']))
        {
            // Only send it to everyone if the topic is approved, otherwise just to the topic starter if they want it.
            if ($topic_info['approved'])
            {
                sendNotifications($topic, 'reply');
                global $boarddir;
                if (function_exists('tapatalk_push'))
                    tapatalk_push_reply($msgOptions['id']);
                {
                    tapatalk_push_reply($msgOptions['id']);
                }
            }
            else
                sendNotifications($topic, 'reply', array(), $topic_info['id_member_started']);
        }
    }

// Returning to the topic?
    if (!empty($_REQUEST['goback']))
    {

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 12:58:53 am »
All I can say is: ? So TapTalk is down and you will let us know when I comes back?

John Brown

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 01:14:27 am »
All I can say is: ? So TapTalk is down and you will let us know when I comes back?

Yea he will, I been looking over this code my self seeing if I see anything that pops up/

I still think its the $boarddir Function thats causing this; can you post the code from that Function

Offline Klaus Vogel

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 07:34:07 am »
$Boarddir must be a global variable that gives the server directory of the forum boards I guess.

You can see it is used in the function

file_exists($boarddir . '/mobiquo/push_hook.php'). The php function file_exist has only 1 string parameter.

Here you can see that in order to check on the file's existence on the server he must specify the exact location on the server, so he concatenates the board's main directory with the string "/mobiquo/push_hook.php"

I don't know if it's a php pre-defined parameter. if it's not, boarddir must be assigned the proper value and defined global before being used inside the program. I don't know what's tapatalk and what is the portion of code below used to. Is it covered in the technical manual of tapatalk? I am sorry I can't help. But if you want to outrule the "boarddir" argument then try to use echo boarddir just to be sure it returns the correct server directory. And making it global once should suffice in my oppinion, no need to do it twice.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:41:09 am by Klaus Vogel »

Science Crewman, USS Gibson

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 08:12:19 am »
$Boarddir must be a global variable that gives the server directory of the forum boards I guess.

You can see it is used in the function

file_exists($boarddir . '/mobiquo/push_hook.php'). The php function file_exist has only 1 string parameter.

Here you can see that in order to check on the file's existence on the server he must specify the exact location on the server, so he concatenates the board's main directory with the string "/mobiquo/push_hook.php"

I don't know if it's a php pre-defined parameter. if it's not, boarddir must be assigned the proper value and defined global before being used inside the program. I don't know what's tapatalk and what is the portion of code below used to. Is it covered in the technical manual of tapatalk? I am sorry I can't help. But if you want to outrule the "boarddir" argument then try to use echo boarddir just to be sure it returns the correct server directory. And making it global once should suffice in my oppinion, no need to do it twice.

I'll look into that when I get home. I could be it's just missing the return echo and causing the whiteouts. Thank you Klause for pointing that out. I forgot about that function, or at least what it did.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 09:30:33 pm »
Is there anything I can do to facilitate bring back TapTalk?

Offline Corbin Langar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 03:28:16 pm »
yeah if you need testers I'm totally in

Species: Cardassian, of course!
STO: @corbinlangar

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 10:51:57 am »
It's an error in the coding that needs to be fixed. That is whats slowing him down as I have to go thru several files and make sure they are correct. I'm also getting help from the support forums to speed this up.

Chris

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles