Features (You would like to see implemented)

Started by Chris Newberry, February 07, 2017, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Newberry

Alright,

Though I would make this topic since were about two weeks or more after a sucessful launch of the Sub Account Mod. The title says it all and if you have ideas, place them below. If you can find a link on the Simple Machine Forums in the 2.0 region with the idea, even better as I have a limited amount of time I can spend working on total new mods. Modifying is much easier.

Chris
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Solluk

Hello!

I would enjoy a means to 'like' or otherwise show my approval and support for a post.

Or, if there is already such a feature, please inform this clunkhead about it.  ;-)

Cheers!

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: Solluk on February 10, 2017, 12:15:17 AM

Hello!

I would enjoy a means to 'like' or otherwise show my approval and support for a post.

Agreed.
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Chris Newberry

I'll look into it. Currently, while it doesn't effect post but users only, the karma system is in place.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3708

This is the only mod I see that's close to what you ask. It's a water down version to other types of message board software's I think.

Malcolm Adeyemi

How about forum "gifts" that we can send virtually to other players? I've seen this on other boards.

Chris Newberry

Quote from: Luke Stafford on February 10, 2017, 06:12:22 PM

How about forum "gifts" that we can send virtually to other players? I've seen this on other boards.

Only one I know that's similar but not what you're asking for has been tried before. SMF Shop mod. Though it was being used to try and incorporate the civilian side of the fleet into the main branch via latinum.

Solluk

Hello,

Is there an easy way to find all posts done by a character?  Or all posts containing a keyword?

I have failed to employ the Search function with success.   Probably user error.

Cheers!

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Solluk on February 10, 2017, 06:53:31 PM

Hello,

Is there an easy way to find all posts done by a character?  Or all posts containing a keyword?

I have failed to employ the Search function with success.   Probably user error.

Cheers!

You can find all their posts in their profile. But search is not very good, I'll give you that.

William Waring

I will have to take a look around to see if I can find anything but, maybe mobile compatibility? I post mostly from a mobile device so, if at all possible, I would give many coffees for it.

RESERVED

Kinley Garrison

Oh gosh yes! Mobile compatibility would be awesome!

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Solluk

This suggestion has been addressed.

Cheers!

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Solluk on February 13, 2017, 01:30:00 PM

Hello,

I recently noticed that there are Task Groups in this fleet which have been inactive for six months or more.

I humbly recommend these be made invisible.  Otherwise they may give the wrong impression to arrivals, who may see the fleet as though it is in a state of decay.

Cheers.

Hi Solluk,

Task Group Bravo is currently being used for a development project. But I get what you're saying, and also thank you for letting me know that accounts in the player group only can see the board (I wasn't aware.)

Eventually, if recruitment keeps going the way it is, we ARE going to need Bravo, but you make a good point. Perhaps it should be rendered invisible for all but the moderators of it who are using it as a sandbox?

Solluk

Hello,

This suggestion has been addressed.  Thanks to our attentive administration staff.  :-)

Cheers.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Solluk on February 13, 2017, 01:55:39 PM

Hello,

That is my hope, that it shall be invisible to ordinary players until it is needed.

I shall delete my suggestion presently, so that the suggestion itself does not create the wrong impression to newcomers who may read it.

Cheers.

Oh, please don't, no harm done. Just letting you know it's being used in some form or another. :)

Chris Newberry

I'll make them invisible before the weekend out. On the issue with mobile capability. I have two options neither of which I want to do. First is the infamous Tapatalk that screwed up posting to non mobile users (not supported by SMF anymore as it's a piece of s@&! modification).

Second option is upgrading to 2.1 beta line but we would lose nearly every mod currently installed including the awards mod (since it hasn't been and won't be ported to 2.1.)

There could be another option but I haven't done a big digging of their forums and mod sections for mobile capabilities.

http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php?nowap
http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php?imode
http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php?wap
http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php?wap2

Try one of the above. Those are mobile ending. nowap might not be the most helpful of the four links.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.