Anastasia Volzhin

Personnel file

Character Name: Anastasia Volzhin
Character Age: 19
Character DOB: January 1, 2376
Character Height: 1.78m
Character Mass: 79kg
Character Species: Human
Character Family: Vitaly Volzhin, Esq. (father), Irina Baiul (mother), Svetlana Volzhin (middle sister), Andrei Volzhin (youngest brother)
Character Bio:

Born in Khanty-Mansyisk, in central Russia, to a father that practiced as a lawyer for nearly a decade at the time of her birth, and to a mother that worked as a synchronized skating coach, as the oldest of what became three children, nothing was too big for Anastasia. The mother worked so hard to get Anastasia to groom her into the living embodiment of a dream come true, physically and intellectually: she grew accustomed to sleeping very little, alternating between intense study sessions and physical training, having very little friends outside of synchronized skating as a result.

Of course, due to the brutal methods of her mother as a synchronized skating coach, she was able to transition to ice hockey without much trouble: it turns out that her mother also coached the local high school girl's ice hockey team on a volunteer basis, and, as a hockey player, she was used mostly as a grinder because she had a much bulkier frame made to, in her own words, smash other players, and she seemed to be a rather fast skater for her size. However, she seemed to score goals almost exclusively on the power play. For all her athletic prowess on a rink, she still was one of the smart kids in high school, too. And yet, somehow, because she knew that athletic glory was fleeting, and also because she preferred to boldly go where no one has gone before, she decided to join Starfleet.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: About a year
Department Preference: Science
Secondary Department Preference: JAG
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

Starfleet Academy, pre-law advising office. After a marksmanship training session in phaser shooting, which made use of some prototype phaser that would be capable of being used in anti-materiel roles in surface missions, Anastasia and one of her fellow cadets headed to the pre-law advising office, knowing that they can study multi-variable calculus in peace in its reception hall. For some weird reason, the pre-law advising office is often devoid of any regular staff presence, unlike the pre-medical advising office, which is far more crowded and almost always had staff on duty. And yet, somehow, that cadet, a Betazoid male, always assumed that Anastasia would know about the law school application process, just because her father is a lawyer. When the two stopped studying multi-variable calculus, which was a topic that Anastasia mastered with little effort, the conversation turns to how academics has turned into drudgery since he started out at Starfleet Academy.

"You always seem to talk about the JAG process and how law school fits in this. I know that we already had this conversation in the past, but still..."

"I know, Anastasia, JAG will allow me to do what I joined Starfleet for"

"You can't treat the JAG life as simply something that will allow you to do what you love, every time. Law school, especially in 1L because it is the year that counts most on the legal job market, especially for those schools where on-campus interviews are the norm, will feature coursework in topics that may not be of much interest to you. There's something to be said for powering through undesirable topics"

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Google

Kirok

Anastasia,

A wonderful application.

I have a spot open in the Science Department on the Athena.

Please let me know if that will work for you.

Sincerely,

Kirok

PS - Would you like to take the Officer Training Class right away?

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Anastasia Volzhin

Quote from: Kirok on February 06, 2017, 07:09:32 PM

Anastasia,

A wonderful application.

I have a spot open in the Science Department on the Athena.

Please let me know if that will work for you.

Sincerely,

Kirok

PS - Would you like to take the Officer Training Class right away?

1) A posting on the Athena will work.
2) I will take the OTC right away.

Kirok

Quote from: Anastasia Volzhin on February 06, 2017, 07:19:00 PM

1) A posting on the Athena will work.
2) I will take the OTC right away.

Perfect!

You may 'report into' Constance Lafayette & James Carter for duty.

They have just stared their new mission 'Cubed', so you can likely join in the action.

We will start you as a Cadet.  I will ask Julia Rellek to have someone start your OTC.

Happy gaming,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.