Author Topic: Mission 1.8: Cubed  (Read 37582 times)

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mission 1.8: Cubed
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2017, 12:03:01 am »
[Cube]
The drone did not smile. It didn't even flinch.
"Your statement fails refutability. It is rejected."
They probably would have asked them to substantiate their claims it they thought it would be worth their while but their analysis showed that there was only a 0.234% chance that James wasn't bluffing and that the bluff would result in serious hinderance or damage to their cause.
"Alternative conclusion. Your bluff was designed as an attempt to confuse us. In the time it took us to converse on its nature we have fired three offensive weapons and regenerated 1.26% of our  hull structure."

[Bridge]

James continued to grin like the manic he actually was. "If I was bluffing I'd have retreated already. Look me up, I'm a tough undying bastard. Do you really think I'd bluff you?" Just out of the corner of his eye he could see a timer to the incoming back up. It wasn't far off now. All he had to do was stall the Borg until they arrived now. "Also; this statement is false." The countdown was ticking down quickly. The ship could last long enough now. It wasn't even a question now. However, the question was if it could survive the whole battle and still be functional afterwords.

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2017, 12:23:19 am »
[Cube]

Just then the Cube's intelligence called on the data it had assimilated from Constance.

[Unimatrix Zero]

Constance asked with scientific curiosity to Laozi.

Then Constance understood. She understood why Laozi had stored a temporary copy of her personality matrix inside not to save her but to harm them. Once inside- she could do some damage if she knew what to do and no one in the Federation knew better than her. She was temporary data about to be partitioned and interpreted- she had to give it intresting information to read...

[Athena]
The sensors suddenly alerted the Athena that the Borg cube had dropped its shielding and the weapons it had fired were dead in space.The Cube was having wild power fluctuations and nothing seemed to be working right. There was a ghost in the machine and, while nothing critical was going wrong inside, nothing was working the way it should either.

A single message came through from the cube. Text only.

[Cube]

The drone began to malfunction, twitching and sparking and Ash began to feel Danny's control over her slipping.

The final word was spoken with an abrupt halt that took the tone of her voice from a manic scream to a childlike sob.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2017, 01:55:40 am »
[Cube]

Just then the Cube's intelligence called on the data it had assimilated from Constance.

[Unimatrix Zero]

Constance asked with scientific curiosity to Laozi.

Then Constance understood. She understood why Laozi had stored a temporary copy of her personality matrix inside not to save her but to harm them. Once inside- she could do some damage if she knew what to do and no one in the Federation knew better than her. She was temporary data about to be partitioned and interpreted- she had to give it intresting information to read...

[Athena]
The sensors suddenly alerted the Athena that the Borg cube had dropped its shielding and the weapons it had fired were dead in space.The Cube was having wild power fluctuations and nothing seemed to be working right. There was a ghost in the machine and, while nothing critical was going wrong inside, nothing was working the way it should either.

[Cube]

The drone began to malfunction, twitching and sparking and Ash began to feel Danny's control over her slipping.

The final word was spoken with an abrupt halt that took the tone of her voice from a manic scream to a childlike sob.

[Bridge]

As the message came across James offered another this time bigger smile. "See, here's the mistake you made. I never go to battle without my friends. You think unity is YOUR strength? Imagine unity when it's not forced on people. It's the unstoppable force that causes immovable objects to tremble." He continued using paradoxes. Now he was just having fun with it. =/\= Security please go to the transporter room. Prepare to stun our new guests. It's going to look like Cap and Ash, but they're borg. We're going to fix that later, but right now it's not them. =/\= "Alright Borg. I'm going to give you two options here. Number one, you can hand our friends over willingly. Or, number two we can take them by force. Either way you die. It's just a matter of how much effort you want to take. Tactical cut it's throat." As James finished the Athena opened fire on the unshielded Cube again. "Flight, we're going to need to move in to get our people back."

Offline Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2017, 04:29:13 am »
[Cube]
The drone formally known as Constance turned to Ash and gave a stilted, blank-eyed, physical acknowledgement of her Borg Queen, an action now visible to the Athena staff. Before them, on the view screen,  stood two of their crew mates- now turned against them.

"Crush them! Fire everything! Blow it all up! ALL OF IT!" Danny screamed in Ash's head. "Enough running around!"

[Cube]

The girl who used to be Ash gave the drone a brief nod before moving to stand beside her. She didn't bother speaking as the drone dealt with the crew of the Athena, but instead leaned against a nearby console with her arms crossed in front of her and an almost bored expression on her face. After a few minutes of talk with the infuriatingly chipper human, however, her patience wore thin.

"Enough! Stop talking and just accept your death already! I've won!" Her voice was neither Ash's nor Danny's, but rather a combination of the two. She turned to the one who used to be Constance before continuing. "Crush them! Fire everything! Blow it all up! ALL OF IT! Enough running around!"

She made to move to the control panel on the console. She'd kill them herself. Something made her stop short, however.

[Athena]

[Cube]

As Danny screamed in frustration, Ash could sense the dull, numbing effect of her control begin to fade. She was vaguely aware of sharp pain on the edge of her consciousness, and Ash did her best to focus on it. She held onto the pain and fell to her knees, gasping, as it washed over her in waves. It was the same type of pain that wracked her body earlier, only worse as the Borg nanotechnology that was integrated within her body began to malfunction and shut down.

Ash collapsed onto the ground and welcomed the pain. She could see Constance and the still-operating view screen, but it was beyond her concern. Her body writhed as the excruciating sensation spread throughout her veins. She thought she screamed, but the sound never reached her ears; all of her focus was on the pain - and, more importantly, on the release from Danny that it brought.

The pain began to fade slowly as Danny's shrieks faded to whimpers. Ash propped herself up on her elbows and took a few shaky breaths, coughing up a small amount of blood in the process. "Danny..." She started crawling over to where the Captain lied on the floor, speaking through gritted teeth as she forced her aching body to move. "This isn't love. This is bitterness and hate and..." Ash trailed off unsure of what to say.

She wanted to scream. She wanted to be angry, to hurt Danny in the only way she could. She wanted to tell her exactly what type of unlovable monster she was... But something inside her stopped her. Ash remembered the scared, lonely girl she first talked to in the quarantine chamber. For a moment, Ash stopped moving and closed her eyes. "'Alone... The most awful word in the English tongue. Murder doesn't hold a candle to it, and Hell is only a poor synonym.' We are the monsters we're made... I'm sorry I couldn't help you, Danny." And then Ash found she had nothing else to say.

Reaching Constance's side, Ash tried to shake her a little. "Captain?" She shook her a little harder. "Captain, are you okay?" The Cube trembled with the beating it was taking with its shields down, and Ash felt a growing need to get the hell out before things could get any worse. As Constance remained unresponsive, Ash began to panic and slapped her face as hard as she could, the resounding smack echoing through the empty space in the Cube. "C'mon, Captain, you need to get up! We've gotta move!"

Panting, Ash got to her knees and lifted the Captain into a sitting position. Draping one of her arms around her own shoulders, she slowly stood, stumbling under even the small woman's slight weight. She didn't have time to wait for her to come around. They needed to get moving towards the edge of the cube.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2017, 04:43:53 am »
The cube was rocked violently- the barrage from the Athena ripping holes in places that should have been easily protected. While it didn't go half the distance needed to destroy the Cube- it did serious damage to it, crippling it. The Athena was on her last legs, cascading failures everywhere, but the escape pods had been launched and it's gargantuan foe was all but slain.

[Cube]
"Ms. Morgaine!" The Drone formerly known as Constance chastised in a shocked voice as she held her palm to her face- feeling the pain from the slap. "That was highly inappropriate..." She said, suddenly becoming aware of where she was, "But... required... I suppose." The icy Captain offered her a warm smile and even a wink.

Constance's eyes were darting around, scanning the area for something- anything that could help them. She could see the Athena, limping and bloodied but still standing, on the viewscreen.

"I fear your efforts may have been for naught Ash. It'll take an act of the gods to get us off this place." She admitted after she'd run some numbers in her head. The Cube would explode. It would take some time for the cascades to occur- it seemed the controlling influence of the Borg Queen Danny had been at the core of most of the systems.

Still, Constance set to working on what she could. It was all alien technology but if she could at least figure out at least how to work  the communications maybe they could get one step closer to getting out.

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2017, 06:02:05 am »
The cube was rocked violently- the barrage from the Athena ripping holes in places that should have been easily protected. While it didn't go half the distance needed to destroy the Cube- it did serious damage to it, crippling it. The Athena was on her last legs, cascading failures everywhere, but the escape pods had been launched and it's gargantuan foe was all but slain.

[Cube]
"Ms. Morgaine!" The Drone formerly known as Constance chastised in a shocked voice as she held her palm to her face- feeling the pain from the slap. "That was highly inappropriate..." She said, suddenly becoming aware of where she was, "But... required... I suppose." The icy Captain offered her a warm smile and even a wink.

Constance's eyes were darting around, scanning the area for something- anything that could help them. She could see the Athena, limping and bloodied but still standing, on the viewscreen.

"I fear your efforts may have been for naught Ash. It'll take an act of the gods to get us off this place." She admitted after she'd run some numbers in her head. The Cube would explode. It would take some time for the cascades to occur- it seemed the controlling influence of the Borg Queen Danny had been at the core of most of the systems.

Still, Constance set to working on what she could. It was all alien technology but if she could at least figure out at least how to work  the communications maybe they could get one step closer to getting out.

[Cube]

Ash let out a relieved breath when the Captain finally snapped out of it. "Surely you've realized it by now, Captain, but everything about me is rather inappropriate - at least according to Starfleet regulations," she laughed as she returned the Captain's smile with one of her own. Constance Lafayette smiling and winking... Jokes in the middle of a Borg tactical cube... Maybe this is some sort of demented dream...

Ash refused to give up so easily. Not after she just survived being possessed by psychotic Borg royalty. Her eyes followed the Captain's to the view screen. "There has to be a way to reach the Athena. Or maybe Leo..." Ash paled as the events from the Zeus came back to her. Oh God, what have I done? She swayed on her feet and sat down on the edge of a console before she could fall. She was already physically at the end of her body's endurance; the last thing she needed was to emotionally fall apart right now.

Shaking her head, she tried to follow the Captain's example and stay productive. "I've still got my comm badge... Could that help?"

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2017, 07:15:07 am »
[Bridge]

As Ash slapped the captain the feed cut. "It looks like we might have hurt the Borg processing chip enough to bring our people back to the forefront of...well themselves. We need to get close enough to beam them back to the ship. We'll still have to treat them with extreme caution. I'm going to "great" them myself too." James said as he grabbed his Type-2 that he'd kept at his hip. Once they'd gotten close enough he looked over to the comms officer and spoke again. "Patch my comm badge into the ships comm channel and get me in contact with them. Now." =/\= Cap, Ash. Can you hear me? We're trying our hardest over here. =/\= He sounded somewhat worried about the two as he stepped in the turbolift and headed to the transporter room.

[Transporter Room]

All he could do was wait and hope that the two of them could get back to him. He was sure that if the Borg had taken any control back that there was a good chance that the Athena was being jammed.

Offline Anastasia Volzhin

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2017, 04:54:22 pm »
[Zeus]

"Cat, are you all right? I'm feeling a little... sick"

Anastasia was lucky not to have been targeted by the Borg drone, or more precisely Ash, when she sees in horror the scene unfold before her, and Catrin rushing to prevent Ash from killing more innocents only to later disappear from the Zeus. She began to fear the worst, that the pattern enhancers left behind were being assimilated. But what took her so long to even warn the transporter chief about what's happening with the pattern enhancers? Did some Borg technology just... addle her mind all of a sudden? If she survives this adventure, she would want to be examined for any signs of infestation of some kind. She can't quite shake the feeling that something made her sick onboard the cube. Hopefully that feeling of sickness, perceived or actual, won't last for that long; she would hate to be a hindrance on the next mission because of said sickness, psychosomatic or not - provided that there would be another mission for her to take part in the first place. But it would be of no use to be examined until this mission is over. It's entirely possible that the Borg may have assimilated the pattern enhancers by now... it's entirely possible that they don't work anymore, she thought.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:01:08 am by Anastasia Volzhin »

Offline Catrin Maddux

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Don't you forget about me.
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2017, 05:39:59 pm »
[Zeus]

Ash stumbled forward a couple steps and dropped the phaser as pain shot through her head. She shook her head, trying to remove the stars from her eyes, then snarled, "Bad kitty," through clenched teeth. She whipped around, swinging the back of her hand so that it solidly made contact with Cat's face.

She would have done more, but before she could act the transporter activated once more.

[Zeus]

Already dazed, Cat didn't notice the phaser until impact. Her head whipped backwards and stars swam in her vision as pain blossomed outward from her cheek. Already in emotional turmoil, the additional trauma was too much. She drew her knees to her chin and curled in a tight ball. Voices surrounded her, but did not penetrate her bubble of sadness. If anyone attempted to touch her, they would be met with a negative backlash of emotional distress.

My friends, my home, everything is falling apart. The litany of depression and self blame played in her head like a broken record.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2017, 11:06:22 pm »
[Cube]

Constance seemed to stall for a moment, her gaze going dim before returning to focus on Ash's face.

She said, clearly recovering from some mental oddity. She took the badge in her hand and examined it like it was an old and loyal pet.

[Athena- Transporter Room]

Two beams of light quickly materialized into Ash and the Captain who, promptly collapsed. The thing about transporters was that they had the ability to detect and filter out foreign infections in people coming aboard. The Brog nanoprobes in their bodies registered as such a thing and, as such, were left behind.

This was well and good for Ash, freeing her of any residual control Danny might have had over her, but rather traumatic for the Captain as many of her implants required those nanoprobes to function. Her breathing was labored and the red cybernetic lense over her left eye went dark. Still she could speak,

Her speech was nothing but a breathy whisper and her breathing was labored.

"All hands. Abandon ship."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:07:47 pm by Constance Lafayette »

Offline Race Warez

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2017, 01:57:40 am »
[Zeus]

Already dazed, Cat didn't notice the phaser until impact. Her head whipped backwards and stars swam in her vision as pain blossomed outward from her cheek. Already in emotional turmoil, the additional trauma was too much. She drew her knees to her chin and curled in a tight ball. Voices surrounded her, but did not penetrate her bubble of sadness. If anyone attempted to touch her, they would be met with a negative backlash of emotional distress.

My friends, my home, everything is falling apart. The litany of depression and self blame played in her head like a broken record.

Race was quite relieved to see Ash beamed back to the cube, it was exactly what he had been hoping for. The few traumas were being treated and incredibly somehow Ash had been the only one assimilated. She or perhaps the Captain (or both) had most certainly been the target of this trap.

He started to call out for a medic, but then remembered Cat was the party's medic. The best thing they had as a back up was probably him. He took the Councilor's medi kit and set the hypo-spray for a mild sedative. he said. Holding out the hypo for Cats' inspection.
He turned to Lt. Scott.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:22:03 pm by Race Warez »
[

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2017, 03:09:46 am »
[Cube]

Constance seemed to stall for a moment, her gaze going dim before returning to focus on Ash's face.

She said, clearly recovering from some mental oddity. She took the badge in her hand and examined it like it was an old and loyal pet.

Two beams of light quickly materialized into Ash and the Captain who, promptly collapsed. The thing about transporters was that they had the ability to detect and filter out foreign infections in people coming aboard. The Brog nanoprobes in their bodies registered as such a thing and, as such, were left behind.

This was well and good for Ash, freeing her of any residual control Danny might have had over her, but rather traumatic for the Captain as many of her implants required those nanoprobes to function. Her breathing was labored and the red cybernetic lense over her left eye went dark. Still she could speak,

[Transporter Room]

"Oh good. So you're on board with my original plan then." James said moving to the door. "Go, I'll finish this. Should be fun." As he left he tapped his comm badge again. =/\= All hands, abandon ship immediately. Dylan, Luke, don't worry. I'll be jumping ship soon too. There's something I have to do first. Now get out of here. =/\=

[Bridge]

The bridge was completely empty. It was a weird sensation being the only person on the bridge. Quickly James ran over to the flight panel and set in a course to ram the cube. A small smile appeared on his face as he laid in the course. As soon as the course was in he ran to another panel and set a timer to extend the Athena's shields over the Cube so that everyone could get off of the ship ahead of time. =/\= Admiral. This is Commander James Carter. I've just given the order to abandon ship, I'm going to use the Athena as a torpedo to deliver the final blow to the cube. When back-up gets here we're going to need rescue. =/\= James paused for a brief moment once his entire list of things to do was done. "Alright then. Computer. Initiate self-destruct sequence. Sync to the flight computer and detonate at the end of the path." Carter nodded as he scanned the ship to make  sure he was the last one to get off and swiftly jumped into an escape pod and ejected.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2017, 03:32:03 am »
&t=285 begins playing here.

[Engineering]

Sparks flew, and consoles exploded as the ship began to give in. Some random surge of energy, or the subpace stress from the repeated short-range jumps proved too much for the spaceframe of the venerable ship. A whole section, upon the ending of the last warp jump, began to crumple inward, sending a spew of flaming plasma out into space. This plume was followed by the whoomps of explosive decompression, all along the starboard side of the ship. These decompressions set off alarm after alarm, the final green areas on the Main Status Diagram blinking to a blinding yellow, and finally resting on a deep crimpson red. Still, the ship was a credit to her designers. Phasers racked havoc all across the surface of the now-unprotected cube, taking out chunk after chunk supplemented by a barely-working torpedo system.

As the flames consumed the ship, the final evacuation order came through.

Dylan nodded to Mulchano. It was time to go. Both men put their helmets on, sealing with a soft mechanical whine as the Oxygen supplies filled their lungs, a clean and refershing change from the smoke-filled, acrid environment they had just come from. They clomped as the force field containing the core flickered blue, then red as the field came close to failing. Dylan paused, and turned back as he saw his home start to go up in flames. From the last working console, Dylan ran back and jettisoned the log bouy, firing it at near-warp-speed out of the back of the Athena. He then set up a wireless wipe of the computers- creating a final backup and wipe of the Athena's core.

Unfortuantely for Dylan his borrowed time was up. A peice of stray debris struck the damaged Athena, rebounding off of the main shuttlebay and impacting on the Athena's nacelle, shearing the pylon off as drive plasma vented and ignited, a column of flame in space. beginning a slow, almost casual turn as the whole ship shook. Artificial gravity failed, and the only gravity from a small newtonian force of the spinning ship. The deflector was hit, and destroyed in a flurry of sparks as a torpedo tried to fire from the remaining tube and failed, detonating a little too close to the ship. The same explosion caused the aerowing to be destroyed, caught up in the blast of the torpedo as it automatically disengaged and exploded, casting the Athena around like a rubber duck in a typhoon.

As the events transpired, thousands of micrometeroids and debris began to pound the hull of the ship, doing more and more damage. Salvage was now almost impossible. With the damage at it's max, Dylan hauled his way by the support pylons all the way to the warp core controls, priming a lethal injection of matter and antimatter if the ship made contact with something big enough to be the Cube, setting a final explosion and turning the Athena into Starfleet's largest torpedo to date this far out. "Thank you." he said to the room, and turned and thrust himself with the tiny microjets on his back up to the door, working his way toward the escape pods. He didn't get there. Another explosion of a detonating torpedo store blew out the corridor ahead of him, as Dylan and Mulchano tried to magnetize and failed, being sucked out into the void of space screaming. From the rush of air to the cold, oppressive silence of space. Dylan moved over as they avoided debris together, turning back as they put on their saftey clips to each other. A large rock slammed into the damaged mess hall... or was that debris? Nobody could tell at this point, invading the mess in true Athena fashon.

Dylan began broadcasting his distress call as the Athena lumbered into motion. =/\= This is Lieutenant Commander Dylan Torngate to any receiving stations- The view is lovely but dangerous out here.=/\= he said, as Mulchano softly hit his superior for making this scenario into a joke. As Dylan and Mulchano began to spin slowly into deep space, the cable holding them together half stretched, Dylan breathed slowly, as he saw the final escape pods leaving the Athena.

Dylan looked on. =/\= So long, good friend.=/\= he said sadly to the ship, as the automated sequences drove the now-abandoned ship straight toward the center of the Cube.

As the ship flew, Dylan thought of all the personal belongings on the ship that would help drive the cube to it's grave. Stuffed bears, clothes, family herlooms... all gone to the dust of time. The most damning of them all would be the loss of memories and experiances... for some 8 long missions of memories... and others shorter but no less important times. The ship had been through thick and thin... seeking out new life forms and new civilizations... The Athena truly boldly went where no ship had gone before them, and had brought light to the darkness of lies. And now, the ship's final acts were in defense of the Federation her crew held dear, as the ship in her last acts bought time for the crew to escape, as shuttles and pods fled. Dylan and Mulchano simply slowly floated away as they fled, running from the Borg to save their own lives.
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2017, 03:56:24 am »
[Cube]

[Transporter Room]

As the beams of light brought the two of them to the Athena, Ash exhaled as blissful relief spread through her body. Her happiness was short-lived, however, as the Captain crumpled to the ground next to her. She did her best to catch her, but only ended up being dragged to the ground with her. "Captain!"

She listened to the Captain's hushed orders with bated breath, then turned to the transporter chief - who didn't look eager to approach them - and repeated her instructions. "Didn't you hear her?? We need to move! Help me carry her!!" The man only looked on with wide eyes, still not moving any closer, and Ash's voice rose to a harsh shriek. "HELP! ME!... NOW!"

Ash pushed herself to her feet and did her best to drag Constance along with her. It was slow moving, and Ash ended up pausing just a short way down the hallway to try and catch her breath. Luckily, by this point the chief had a change of heart and came to help, though he watched them both out of the corner of his eye and cringed whenever one of Constance's cybernetic enhancements brushed against him.

Somehow they made it to the last escape pod before it left and tumbled inside. Ash helped the Captain into a corner and rushed to a view port to watch the Athena as it continued its path towards the Cube... And the place she had learned to love became a cloud of space dust.

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2017, 04:09:37 am »
[Escape Pod]

The pod quickly jettisoned out into the cold dark void of space. James looked down at the Athena as it proceeded towards the Borg Cube. The crew had done it. They'd taken down a Borg Tactical Cube singlehandedly in an Intrepid. James lifted his left arm to look at his watch, the back up was close now. Even if this didn't destroy the Cube, soon enough there would be people coming who could finish the job. No matter what happened from here, the Cube went no further. This battle ended right here and James had a seat that happened to be uncomfortably close to the action. The ship had been completely evacuated. James's pod was the last to leave the ship and the now empty Athena continued it's approach on the Cube.

Carter could see everything from his position. Perhaps too much for comfort. Once the Athena was in range the ship visibly cast it's shield to extend over the Cube. James continued looking at that old analog watch that he always wore and began counting down to the impact of the Athena. 3...2...1. As the two ships collided the space around them was filled with a brilliant glow of light. The shield barely managed to contain the massive explosion. But as quickly as it happened it was over. Where there once was two titans battling it out now there was simply a dark void and debris. James audibly breathed out a sigh of relief as he closed his eyes and listened to the tick of his watch that now filled the air around him. A few minutes later the first back up ship arrived to the surprise that the battle had already been won. The ship was Sovereign Class, James couldn't quite make out the name or registry number but he all he knew was that they were safe now.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles