News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Welcome back T'Ra Jones

Started by Kirok, January 29, 2017, 10:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Fleeters,

I am so very happy to officially announce that T'Ra Jones has officially returned to Shadow Fleet!

As you might know, T'Ra at one time was a Vice Admiral here.  Sh also served as CO of a ship or two.  She is a phenomenal writer and and excellent story teller.

Here is a sample of her writing:

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 24, 2017, 08:06:06 PM

[Starbase Edmund, Personal Quarters - Days after the borg mission]

T'Ra sat comfortably in her favourite chair, eyes closed as she listened to the Vulcan lute. One leg was folded, resting on the edge of the seat while the dangled over the side. Evan was doing relatively well at it, given what little practice he had had, but a sudden skewed note prompted her to open her eyes to regard her human companion with a tilted head. "I do not believe this instrument was designed to play such tunes as Yankee Doodle," she told him plainly, in her best attempt to keep a straight face. But the doctor was beaming from ear to ear, and it was difficult not to to be infected by that irresistible grin.

Evan paused, letting the lute rest across his lap as he laughed in reply, "Perhaps that wasn't what the makers had in mind, but who really knows what this thing could be capable of. Limits only exist in the mind." He strummed a few more lazy notes in an expression of deep thought before adding, "Are you really sure about this, T'Ra, stepping down?"

She sighed, looking away. "I'm just so tired of it all, Evan, the bureaucrats, the reports, everything... I missed being out there, being on a ship, actually doing things I do want to have a command again some day, but I want to get there under my own steam, in my own time. I want to learn the things that I couldn't learn before."

The doctor nodded. "I must say I have been worried about you lately, the effect that the admiralty was having on you. You came back from that borg mission looking a little worse for wear, but there was a sense of calm that I had not seen in you for the longest time. Vulcans may be stronger than we humans could ever dare to hope, but even they cannot hold up the world forever." He hesitated, as if struggling organize his thoughts. "But damn, you sure look good in red though."

T'Ra was so startled by that last remark that she had to laugh despite herself. When she turned back to face Evan, she was greeted by a triumphant look upon the doctor's face.  "Success," he whispered.

She let out a sharp exhale, content. "What would I do without you?" she asked.

"I don't know," he replied. "I can't read minds, but I do know this. I will always be there for you. Tilek svi'khaf - spol tvathu - tilek svi'sah'veh." T'Ra arched a brow, impressed. Clearly he had been practicing. That in itself meant a lot to her, regardless of what he had said. "But, T'Ra, you sure as hell better take me with you."

T'Ra nodded. "I had a feeling you would say that," she replied. "So I've pulled some strings and arranged for you to be transferred to the Shran as well." Now it was her turn to smile in a moment of success.

She has been assigned to the Shran as our Chief of Science.

Please help me welcome her back!

Respectfully,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Jettis Jyur

Welcome back, T'Ra! It'll be a pleasure RPing with you! (with my alt, of course  ;) )

Leonard T. Scott

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Sevoc

It is most agreeable to have you back. I look forward to collaborating with on our missions aboard the Shran.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Kinley Garrison

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Alexander Wu

Welcome back T'ra! Now grab the Chief and bring him back with you =P

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Dylan Torngate

WELCOME BACK!!!

I know there was an unofficial thread to welcome you but it's good to properly do it.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Kira Wyman

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Jada

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Malcolm Adeyemi

T'Ra Jones

It's been so wonderful to come back. :) I can't even begin to describe how different and warm the atmosphere is now. Gotta say, that post was a lot of fun to write (and it does reflect my thought process on leaving and coming back).

Thanks again for the welcome. :D I feel so honored to serve among you lovely people.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.