Author Topic: Ship Motto Y'All  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ship Motto Y'All
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 12:22:08 am »
Just a disclaimer, I voted with my main account who is not on this ship by accident however this won't matter as I won't vote with this account so I'll still only be voting once.

Crikey.  I did it too.  (Awkwardly fades into background. )

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline Alex Harmon

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 07:14:47 am »
Crikey.  I did it too.  (Awkwardly fades into background. )

For the record I have never said crickey in my life (unless making fun of Australian stereotypes myself) and I have only ever heard other people say that a few times.

While I'm at it, we don't throw shrimp on the barbie. We don't even call them shrimps. We call them prawns.  We do however, somtimes call a BBQ a barbie so that one is partly accurate.

We do use the word 'mate' a fair bit so that one is accurate.

Every animal trying to kill you is a fairly accurate stereotype of Australia

We all eat Vegemite: no a lot of us do but I find it repulsive.

We have pet Kangaroos: no we don't these things are deadly. Have you seen their claws? These things will literally disembowel you if you scare them. I'm not exaggerating. Also, if you hit them with a car....you'll need a new car because it'll be practically destroyed...along with the Kangaroo. One more thing about kangaroo's they taste very good. Please don't think I'm a monster...

Now to make this post more on topic, I'll add that I'm sticking by Who Dares Wins because it sounds cool yet is more serrious than DUDE. That's my two cents.

James H. Hawk's Alt

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 11:48:51 am »
For the record I have never said crickey in my life (unless making fun of Australian stereotypes myself) and I have only ever heard other people say that a few times.

Very cool. Yeah, for the record, I don't curse. It's a little quirk of mine.
Nothing against you Aussies.   :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:39:51 pm by Ardyn Jaeger »

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 07:42:54 am »
And on a little bit of a side not, I call my dad "Dude" all the time. So this motto is super funny. :P

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Alex Harmon

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 10:21:27 am »
Very cool. Yeah, for the record, I don't curse. It's a little quirk of mine.
Nothing against you Aussies.   :)

It's all good, I just felt like clearing up some stereotypes.

On another note, Who Dares Wins is losing :(
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:22:55 am by Alex Harmon »

James H. Hawk's Alt

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2017, 02:53:48 pm »
And on a little bit of a side not, I call my dad "Dude" all the time. So this motto is super funny. :P

I agree it is funny, the only slight objection that I had, is that is an acronym, so kind of hard to inspire people with DUDE, but I agree it can lead to some great quotes sucks as "Let's go DUDE"

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 02:41:07 am »
OK.

It's official.

The ship motto is:  Diplomacy, Unity, Defense, Exploration (DUDE)!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles