Author Topic: S1 - M1: Shall we Begin  (Read 53944 times)

Offline Non-Playing Character 2

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 - M1: Shall we Begin
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2017, 03:02:24 am »
[Personal Quarters]

Alex had been expecting his myserious handler to contact him soon but it was earlier than he had expected. He picked up the buzzing special communicator he had been given and answered it. "You know, you still haven't given me anything to call you."

[Off Ship]

"Agent Harmon, it is good I caught you.  I thought I had mentioned it before.  You can call me Director" Sloan said.

"We have important work to day.  I assume you are on the ship.  Have you anything to report yet?" he asked curiously.

Offline Alex Harmon

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2017, 03:27:46 am »

[Off Ship]

"Agent Harmon, it is good I caught you.  I thought I had mentioned it before.  You can call me Director" Sloan said.

"We have important work to day.  I assume you are on the ship.  Have you anything to report yet?" he asked curiously.

"Ok, Director it is," Alex said through the communicator. "I haven't really found much yet. I haven't been aboard long but everyone has their demons. Even Vulcan Admirals so if there is dirt to be found, I'll find it."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:31:33 am by Alex Harmon »

James H. Hawk's Alt

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2017, 04:18:26 am »
[
Bridge

Miriam nodded at the James in acknowledgement. "Well I'm looking forward to it commander. I'll be sure to catch you when we're off duty and we can play." Miriam smiled at the commander before considering his next question.

"My background?" Miriam tried to sum it up quickly in her mind for the commander, she knew it might still take up a bit of time though. "I was brought up in Hällstrom hall, my grandfathers house before he passed away, the house was then split to his 5 children, my father is the youngest of 5 so he got a fifth. My grandfather was a lawyer for some time and became very wealthy from it. He later invested his time into politics and my father, Andreas, decided he wanted to follow him into politics."  She paused for a moment and then continued. "My father is quite well known in Sweden as a politician but I'm not sure about anywhere else, I think he's known of but not known of particularly well." She paused for a moment to think of the rest of her family.

"Most of my aunts and uncles are invested in law or politics, just like my grandfather however, one of my aunts and uncles are part of starfleet and they made it sound good and although I'd like to get involved with politics at some point, I decided to join up and get some real life experience first." Miriam paused, looking at the man and smiling. "Is there anything else you'd like to know?" Finished Miriam, taking a moment to breathe.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2017, 07:39:38 am »
[Ready Room]

Kirok returned to his seat.  "I would agree.  And you have my consent to see what can be done from the Science Labs" he said.

[Ready Room]

"It is what I would do a well.  Which is why I'm asking you to share different information with the XO and SO.  Other members of the crew with get the same treatment" Kirok replied.

"Ms. Jones, if you so choose, you may elect to go with Mr. Conwell on his mission.  He may need the additional support and I can think of no one more able to help him.  Until I see you next" he added before exiting the room.

[Sickbay]

Minutes later, Kirok arrived in Sickbay.  "Dr. McConnell, thank you  for joining the crew.  I'm Kirok.  You must be Evan Buehler.  It is agreeable to meet you" Kirok said, offering both a small bow.   
Sickbay - USS Shran
NPC Evan Buehler
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:35:30 am by T'Ra Jones »

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Kira Wyman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2017, 08:46:11 am »

Bridge

"My father was very disappointed when he had found out that I joined up. He tried to talk me out of it, several times in fact but hey I'm still here so I guess it didn't work." Miriam grinned.

"Well, given that you wanted to know more about my background, tell me about your background." Miriam finished, eager to hear about the commander's past.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Offline Non-Playing Character 2

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2017, 07:22:38 pm »
"Ok, Director it is," Alex said through the communicator. "I haven't really found much yet. I haven't been aboard long but everyone has their demons. Even Vulcan Admirals so if there is dirt to be found, I'll find it."

[Off ship]

"I'm certain you will, Agent Harmon.  It is why I recruited you.  I will check in with you later"  Sloan said.

Offline Aislin Kane

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2017, 08:13:13 pm »
{Bridge}

Aislin said smiling.    Aislin attempted to make small talk, although not usually her strength.  She was more of ‘let's get to the point' type of conversationalist, but she thought she might as well try and be more social.  Aislin marveled.

James stood in the command area and gave a slight smile.  "Yeah, glad you are here; your experience piloting big ships would help.  Remember the Shran is bigger than the Tempest, however compared to the TempestShran

Aislin was pleased to meet the XO.  She did have a brief overview of the Shran's specs, but nothing up close as of yet.  She had acknowledged what the XO had said.  Then his offer to head to Main Engineering.  Would be good to see the heart of the ship, Aislin thought.

[Turbo lift -> Sickbay]

While on the tubrolift, Kirok tapped his combadge.  =/\=Mr. Mahak and Ms. Kane.  Please meet met in Sickbay.  Kirok out=/\= he said and then tapped his combadge again.

Minutes later, Kirok arrived in Sickbay.  "Dr. McConnell, thank you  for joining the crew.  I'm Kirok.  You must be Evan Buehler.  It is agreeable to meet you" Kiork said, offering both a small bow.   

=/\= Aye Sir=/\=  Aislin replied tapping her combage.

Aislin smiled and then turned to head towards the turbolift.

{Sickbay}

Aislin entered sickbay and saw the Admiral, one who she believed must have been the Chief Medical Officer and another officer, but unsure of their rank/position, although they were Vulcan, she knew that much.

Offline Ariste Stark

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2017, 09:26:00 pm »
[Main Engineering]

Mahak had purposefully entered in the door opposite of Stark. In his hands he carried a PADD, and its addition did not impede his strong, confident walk. It was clear to observe him that he was used to carrying himself in unfamiliar environments. He was not in the least put off by the newness of the ship, it's magnificent engineering section, or the new faces.

"Good morning, ma'am," Mahak said when he spotted Stark. "I am Crewman Mahak from the engineering department. I have discovered that our ventral comm relay is malfunctioning due to a power overload that took place here in engineering. I have the specifications here on this PADD."

[Main Engineering]

Ariste looked up as she noticed another Engineer striding toward her, very purposeful in his every action. He was clearly not someone shy, or in awe about arriving on a brand new ship. A Vulcan, and a handsome one at that.

Eyes flickered down to the PADD, as she took it without hesitation. Comm relay issues shouldn't be a problem, just a matter of patching up the fried lines between the two. Looking back up at Mahak, she nodded, and offered him a dimpled smile.
"No problem, I'm on it." She agreed, before holding out her hand. "Nice to meet you, Crewman. Aristotle Stark, but you can call me sir." She smirked, before retracting her hand, whether or not Mahak had accepted her handshake. "Or Ariste." She tacked on at the last, assuring him that she was joking about calling her 'Sir' twenty-four seven.

With that she spun around, motioning toward where the Comm Relay problems should, logically be originating from. "I should get these patched up before the Admiral comes down to yell at us. Since he can't do it on the comms and all."

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2017, 01:07:33 pm »

[Main Engineering]

Ariste looked up as she noticed another Engineer striding toward her, very purposeful in his every action. He was clearly not someone shy, or in awe about arriving on a brand new ship. A Vulcan, and a handsome one at that.

Eyes flickered down to the PADD, as she took it without hesitation. Comm relay issues shouldn't be a problem, just a matter of patching up the fried lines between the two. Looking back up at Mahak, she nodded, and offered him a dimpled smile.
"No problem, I'm on it." She agreed, before holding out her hand. "Nice to meet you, Crewman. Aristotle Stark, but you can call me sir." She smirked, before retracting her hand, whether or not Mahak had accepted her handshake. "Or Ariste." She tacked on at the last, assuring him that she was joking about calling her 'Sir' twenty-four seven.

With that she spun around, motioning toward where the Comm Relay problems should, logically be originating from. "I should get these patched up before the Admiral comes down to yell at us. Since he can't do it on the comms and all."

[Main Engineering]

Mahak hadn't gone to shake hands. The constant touching of humans was new to him. But it seemed illogical and unhygienic.

"Why would the admiral yell at us for doing our duty, sir?" The Vulcan asked, honesty curious.

[Turbo lift -> Sickbay]

While on the tubrolift, Kirok tapped his combadge.  =/\=Mr. Mahak and Ms. Kane.  Please meet met in Sickbay.  Kirok out=/\= he said and then tapped his combadge again.

[Main Engineering]

Mahak blinked. It appeared that Ensign Stark was correct. The admiral was indeed trying to contact them.

"It appears you were correct, sir." He said. "I look foreword to speaking with you again on a professional basis."

"=/\=Mahak to Admiral Kirok. On my way, sir.=/\="

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • That is most illogical...
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2017, 05:32:13 pm »

(Science Lab)

"Na'shaya, ma'am," Sevoc replied in kind. "There is no need to apologize for events outside of your control. I have begun to re-familiarize myself with the differences from a starship lab and that of the Starbase."

He was contemplating whether or not to divulge the the circumstances leading to him securing his posting. He did know, however that the efficiency of his department would be one of the best in the fleet.

"Ma'am, I do however have some concerns about our ship. Before I left the Starbase, I approached by man who claimed to be Admiral Kirok's superior. He, for lack of a better term, ordered me to lower the shields to allow him to board the ship. I have a suspicion that he is actually a member Section 31. I have had a run-in of sorts with them in my last mission, so there is no need to remind me of the dangers of the group."

Sevoc was toeing a fine line, but felt it necessary. Knowing his direct superior was a Vulcan have him the assurance that anything said, baring the logical exceptions, would remain between them.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2017, 05:41:39 pm »
Bridge

"My father was very disappointed when he had found out that I joined up. He tried to talk me out of it, several times in fact but hey I'm still here so I guess it didn't work." Miriam grinned.

"Well, given that you wanted to know more about my background, tell me about your background." Miriam finished, eager to hear about the commander's past.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline LK Reede

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I live on a starship
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2017, 06:48:35 pm »
[Brig]
"You can drop the, Sir.  Save it for the officers.  It's Chief or Lonar" the Tholian said.

He leaned in a bit closer.  "I like your spirit.  After the doctor clears you, you will be on Bridge duty.  Or where Kirok or the XO needs you" he added.

Then he moved over to the brig duty station.  "You are dismissed" he said to the other Sec/Tac person.  "I will remain here if needed" Lonar added.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2017, 08:00:51 pm »

[Sickbay]

"Welcome to the Shran.  I hope you have found your quarters to be acceptable" Kirok replied politely.  "I have an assignment for you Dr. McConnell.  I need someone to examine the prisoner who is in the Brig" he said to the CMO.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 02:37:02 am by Kirok »

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Kira Wyman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2017, 10:29:52 pm »

Bridge

Miriam listened to James as he talked about his past. She was interested in his past, it certainly seemed more fruitful than Miriam's, she thought.

Miriam smiled at the commander and nodded. "I'm sure going to check out engineering will be a good visit." Miriam thought it was a good idea to see main engineering, especially given that she would be helping it out in engineering. She'd probably be spending a considerable amount of time in there. "Lead the way, commander." Miriam finished smiling at the commander and preparing to follow his lead.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2017, 11:36:41 pm »
(Science Lab)

"Na'shaya, ma'am," Sevoc replied in kind. "There is no need to apologize for events outside of your control. I have begun to re-familiarize myself with the differences from a starship lab and that of the Starbase."

He was contemplating whether or not to divulge the the circumstances leading to him securing his posting. He did know, however that the efficiency of his department would be one of the best in the fleet.

"Ma'am, I do however have some concerns about our ship. Before I left the Starbase, I approached by man who claimed to be Admiral Kirok's superior. He, for lack of a better term, ordered me to lower the shields to allow him to board the ship. I have a suspicion that he is actually a member Section 31. I have had a run-in of sorts with them in my last mission, so there is no need to remind me of the dangers of the group."

Sevoc was toeing a fine line, but felt it necessary. Knowing his direct superior was a Vulcan have him the assurance that anything said, barring the logical exceptions, would remain between them.
NPC Evan Buehler

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles