S1 - M1: Shall we Begin

Started by Kirok, January 28, 2017, 07:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Sevoc on March 01, 2017, 04:19:23 AM

(Bridge)

"I believe the original desire would be unnecessary at this point, ma'am," Sevoc replied. "However, if we can not figure out how to fix the sensors on our own, I shall speak with them."

He paused briefly. This was to ensure his words were correct.

"Perhaps in the next few days, we could have some form of a session to help rid my mind of the results effects of the virus. Obviously nothing too pressing and if Dr. Buehler would feel more comfortable being there, then that would be acceptable."

It had been a good while since Sevoc had felt this at ease with a fellow Vulcan.

[Bridge]

A logical answer. T'Ra tilted her head, contemplating a reply. "That can certainly be arranged," she said at length. Her gaze remained on the console's screen as she initiated a magneton sweep.

"Though perhaps it would be better if the good doctor were not present. A mind meld is between two, not three, and he is not one to sit idly twiddling his thumbs." Where she was concerned, Evan could be a little overprotective, and she could not fault him for that. But there was little need for him to be unsettled. She trusted Sevoc, and that should suffice for him.

"It would seem what few escape pods that cast off have made it far," she said, arching a brow. "Short range sensors are beginning to pick them up now."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

LK Reede

[Bridge]

"Good work, Ms. Reede.  Are there any hull breaches?  If so, we will need to attend to those first" Kirok replied.

LK mentally slapped herself. Hull breach was one of the first things she should have reported. She'd been so intent on doing a good job on the bridge she had read through the list of stats without thinking much about it.

"Some minor hull damage near the port nacelle, sir. Thankfully, no breaches."

Soon, the screeching and banging of the damaged saucer section being pushed into place sounded.  Strangely, the sounds were comforting. Smiling, LK's shoulder's relaxed. She hadn't known she'd been so tense.

"Good work everyone.  Let's drop to yellow alert.  Assign repair teams as needed.  And begin the search for the crew who left in the pods and lifeboats" he said to the Bridge crew.

All is right with their world once again, she thought. She tapped a button on her console. "Sickbay, how is Chief Lonar doing? Well enough to return to duty... I hope?"

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: LK Reede on March 01, 2017, 02:46:35 PM

All is right with their world once again, she thought. She tapped a button on her console. "Sickbay, how is Chief Lonar doing? Well enough to return to duty... I hope?"

[Bridge]

A call to sickbay piqued her ears,  causing T'Ra to glance up. =/\=Things are all stable down here,=/\= replied the familiar voice.=/\=Chief Lonar is back on his feet. Thankfully his injuries weren't too severe.=/\= He sounded optimistic, though weary, reminding T'Ra of how exhausted she herself felt. And though the activity on the bridge was still bustling, it was slowly beginning to wind down.

"I shall be in my office if you need me," she said quietly to Sevoc. She did not worry about leaving him on the bridge. He was more than capable. With a brief nod, she exited the bridge.

[CSO's Office - Several Hours Later]

Evan strode into the CSO's office to find T'Ra seated at a desk covered with padds. T'Ra didn't look up, focussed entirely on finishing up a report for the recent mission. Such fierce determination for her work, something he had always loved about her, so he just stood there, beaming quietly from ear to ear, watching. Things had settled down in sickbay, the patients all stable, so now he could focus whole-heartedly on the mission at hand.

It wasn't long before T'Ra finished her report, her fingers flying with efficiency as they usually did. But she had already noticed Evan's presence in the room, now glancing up and regarding him with an arched brow. That seemed to amuse the doctor, and he chuckled with delight. But there was something more, so undeniable energy that seemed desperate to burst out of him.

"T'Ra," he began, simple and quiet. He shuffled his feet like it would give him better footing in his thoughts. "We've known each other for a long time now, been through so much together. I've seen you overcome so many challenges and grow a lot. I have always tried to be there for you, and always will be. Come what may, through sickness and in health, I will be there." He paused a moment, struggling to find the right words to go on. But somehow he found them as he continued, "I thought a lot about what that stranger had said, his proclamations of doom and mayhem, of our future together... And I decided right then and there, that if by the grace of God we managed to pull through this one, that finally, after waiting so long, I would ask you to marry me."

Not waiting for her to react, Evan got down on bended knee, as was human custom, producing a small box from his left pocket. "T'Ra... I don't ever want a day to go by where I am not by your side, where you are not by mine. Taluhk nash-veh k'dular." The serious expression that had pervaded his face flickered, his usual grin forcing its way back. "But I'd be damned if I was gonna let that bastard get everything right. This was my grandmother's."

"My mother would argue that the proposal comes twenty years late," she told him plainly.

Evan let out a choked sound, halfway between a laugh and a sob. "Better late than never. Please, T'Ra," he pleaded, holding out the ring. "Marry me."

And T'Ra simply smiled.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.