S1 - M1: Shall we Begin

Started by Kirok, January 28, 2017, 07:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariste Stark

[Personal Quarters]

Ariste really didn't need a tour. She had spent her whole life around these ships and mechanics like them, she could probably rebuild one with her bare hands if she wanted to. Most of the really important, and some of the smaller classes were committed to her memory. And after being told where she was being transferred, she had touched up her already existent knowledge of the ship. So, she had notified the Commanding officer that she was going to pass on the Tour, in favour of giving whatever help was needed in Engineering. After she had unpacked - again, - all of her things.
Once again, she went through the same regime she had while on the Athena - unpack the few clothes she had, neatly organize all of her prototype bots on the shelf from smallest to biggest, and enjoy a nice cup of coffee. Well, the coffee wasn't necessary, but it would keep her energized, as if she wasn't excited enough about being on a new ship.

Eventually though, she had dragged herself away from her pet project to the turbolift, heading down into Main Engineering.

[Main Engineering]

As soon as she stepped in, she took a deep breath, gaze flickering around the room. She loved that engineering smell.
Since the current Chief Engineering Officer was currently occupied with the tour, she figured she would hang around until it was over - or until they made their way down to engineering. Until then she supposed she would introduce herself to her fellow engineers who had also skipped out on the tour. There had to be more than just her, right?

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Ariste Stark on January 30, 2017, 03:17:50 PM

[Main Engineering]

As soon as she stepped in, she took a deep breath, gaze flickering around the room. She loved that engineering smell.
Since the current Chief Engineering Officer was currently occupied with the tour, she figured she would hang around until it was over - or until they made their way down to engineering. Until then she supposed she would introduce herself to her fellow engineers who had also skipped out on the tour. There had to be more than just her, right?
[/font]

[Main Engineering]

Mahak had purposefully entered in the door opposite of Stark. In his hands he carried a PADD, and its addition did not impede his strong, confident walk. It was clear to observe him that he was used to carrying himself in unfamiliar environments. He was not in the least put off by the newness of the ship, it's magnificent engineering section, or the new faces.

"Good morning, ma'am," Mahak said when he spotted Stark. "I am Crewman Mahak from the engineering department. I have discovered that our ventral comm relay is malfunctioning due to a power overload that took place here in engineering. I have the specifications here on this PADD."

Kirok

Quote from: Justin Conwell on January 29, 2017, 11:28:55 PM

He noticed the young ensign looking around before slowly walking over and stood up from leaning against the Tactical console. He did recognize her from the current personnel files as the new Chief of Security and Tactical, making her a senior officer now. Before either could speak, Admiral Kirok spoke up, introducing both T'Ra and myself.

Justin gathered his thoughts before responding in a slightly louder voice. "Sensor Cloaking technology in a nutshell is pretty simplistic so I won't drone out the more complex version. If you wish to know more, my office down in Main Engineering is almost always open." Justin responded before continuing. "In a sense, sensor cloaking in practical hides a vessel in plain sight, jamming any active or passive sensor scans hitting it. While it won't truly hide the Shran from sight, you won't be visible on any scans.

The downside to this technology is that you are still visible to the naked eye. Example, if you move in front of a Defiant's viewscreen, while they can't see you on sensors, they will definitely see you on the view screen or looking out one of the viewports." He finished but hesistated on the last question. "You are correct in that the Shran is the only vessel that is know to have Active Sensor cloaking installed."

[Bridge]

Kirok could already see the eyes of his Bridge crew start wondering.  A sign that they were eager to start looking around on their own.  A sign that he needed to cut the tour short.

"Thank you, Mr. Conwell" Kirok said.  Then he turned back to the group.  "The ship has some other unique features as well, like the CIC which it to the bow of the Bridge" he added as he pointed out the area.

"But I'm sure you are able to locate that and all the other duty stations on the ship on your own.  So, feel free to explore.  But before we end the tour does anyone have any questions I can answer" the half Vulcan said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Kirok on January 30, 2017, 11:49:24 PM

[Bridge]

Kirok could already see the eyes of his Bridge crew start wondering.  A sign that they were eager to start looking around on their own.  A sign that he needed to cut the tour short.

"Thank you, Mr. Conwell," Kirok said.  Then he turned back to the group.  "The ship has some other unique features as well, like the CIC which it to the bow of the Bridge," he added as he pointed out the area.

"But I'm sure you are able to locate that and all the other duty stations on the ship on your own.  So, feel free to explore.  But before we end the tour, does anyone have any questions I can answer?" the half Vulcan said.

[Bridge]

T'Ra waited until after the questions and most of the bridge had begun to disperse. Evan had already gone, making his way down to Sickbay to check things about and report to his new chief but not before whispering one last thing in her ear. "Don't worry about me. I hear the new Doc's already married," as if she was to be jealous. Ignoring Evan's little joke, T'Ra approached her fellow half Vulcan.

"I would speak with you, Kirok, if you have the time," T'Ra stated. The matter that the stranger had presented still weighed heavily upon her mind. Perhaps Kirok already knew of the dangers posed by the prisoner's presence aboard the ship, but there was much to be said about assuming things. Even Evan had a phrase for it. But T'Ra had to be sure. There was so much at stake, so many lives depending on the actions of the individual before her.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

James A. Hawke

[James' Quarters]

( 4 years ago)

James walked in the half burned hallway of the Starship he was serving his uniform burned with the battle.  He walked down the empty hallway as he headed to the half lighted turbo lift.  He was just a couple of floor below the bridge.  The first Officer began climbing as he wondered what rations he needed to eat.  After a couple of minutes going up the stairs he opened the hatch and saw the bridge.

"Captain..." James said as he entered the bridge.

He looked around the bridge of the smoked and battle hardened intrepid class vessel.  He could see the battle smoke and scars across the bridge.  It was a shell of its usual complement, the crew consistent on mostly skeleton crew.   He walked up to the female human Captain and said "You know...I just had a dream, that the replicators were working"  As he finished he smile as he was kidding.  Before the Captain could respond to his joke...he heard a beep from the console.

"Captain a Klingon Warship Bearing 290 Mark ...." James said.

Before he finished his sentence he felt a sharp pain and heat coming from his back.  He feel to the floor in which darkness came slowly into his vision...

(Present Day)

James looked at his red undershirt in his quarters as he thought of his last experience as a first officer.   He held it in his hands as he thought the last time he was serving as a first officer.

It ended in tragedy...but today it's a new day James thought

The timeline completely changed, he was never expected to be a first officer on this ship.  The Federation in his timeline never developed a ship as powerful as this one.  He wondered whether to share his experience to his Captain, but thought it would matter at this point.

He opened his safe and brought up his old red shirt, undershirt.  It had some holes and burn stains on them but it fit him and part of him. He placed the undershirt on his chest and proceeded to go do duty.  He was a little late but the moment he had a lot of feeling coming from him.

[Bridge]

James entered as he felt the doors behind him swoosh close.  He looked around the bridge and saw the multitude of consoles.  The size of the ship was astronomical.  The crew was double of what he was used to in the Tempest.  The roster complexities of a ship was something that most first officers did not encounter.

As he walked on the bridge he looked at the Admiral and reported in "Admiral, Lt. Commander James Hawke reporting as requested.  Sorry for being late, I was working on a preliminary duty roster for the ship for your approval, Sir"  As he finished he attempted to hand over the Admiral a PADD.

He noticed the other shipmates in the bridge and elaborated "I know the Odyssey class vesell can be a bit...overwhelming at first, but  I like to think of it as a Galaxy Class and Sovereign Hybrid.  It has elements of exploration and combat, it has the ability to do a separation like a Galaxy class and has more fire power than  Sovereign class...it is the most powerful vessel in Shadow Fleet and one of the most powerful in the Federation"

He turned to the rest of the crew and said "Sorry, I am a little late...I am Lt. Commander Hawk or James, I am the Executive Officer of the ship...I hope you are enjoying seeing the ship"

Click on the Badge to see bio

Kirok

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 31, 2017, 02:04:35 AM

[Bridge]

T'Ra waited until after the questions and most of the bridge had begun to disperse. Evan had already gone, making his way down to Sickbay to check things about and report to his new chief but not before whispering one last thing in her ear. "Don't worry about me. I hear the new Doc's already married," as if she was to be jealous. Ignoring Evan's little joke, T'Ra approached her fellow half Vulcan.

"I would speak with you, Kirok, if you have the time," T'Ra stated. The matter that the stranger had presented still weighed heavily upon her mind. Perhaps Kirok already knew of the dangers posed by the prisoner's presence aboard the ship, but there was much to be said about assuming things. Even Evan had a phrase for it. But T'Ra had to be sure. There was so much at stake, so many lives depending on the actions of the individual before her.

[Bridge]

"Of course, Ms. Jones.  Let's meet in my Ready Room" Kirok suggested.  "Just give me a moment if you will" he added.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 31, 2017, 04:15:39 AM

[Bridge]

James entered as he felt the doors behind him swoosh close.  He looked around the bridge and saw the multitude of consoles.  The size of the ship was astronomical.  The crew was double of what he was used to in the Tempest.  The roster complexities of a ship was something that most first officers did not encounter.

As he walked on the bridge he looked at the Admiral and reported in "œAdmiral, Lt. Commander James Hawke reporting as requested.  Sorry for being late, I was working on a preliminary duty roster for the ship for your approval, Sir"  As he finished he attempted to hand over the Admiral a PADD.

He noticed the other shipmates in the bridge and elaborated "œI know the Odyssey class vesell can be a bit"¦overwhelming at first, but  I like to think of it as a Galaxy Class and Sovereign Hybrid.  It has elements of exploration and combat, it has the ability to do a separation like a Galaxy class and has more fire power than  Sovereign classÁ,"¦it is the most powerful vessel in Shadow Fleet and one of the most powerful in the Federation"

He turned to the rest of the crew and said "œSorry, I am a little late"¦I am Lt. Commander Hawk or James, I am the Executive Officer of the ship"¦I hope you are enjoying seeing the ship"

[Bridge]

"Thank you, Mr. Hawke.  I will give it review as soon as I am able" Kirok replied.  He offered the man a bow and then accepted the padd.

"I was just showing them around.  Perhaps you could take over for me while I meet with Ms. Jones.  Have you met you?  T'Ra this is James.  James, T'Ra" Kirok added.

James A. Hawke

Quote from: Kirok on January 31, 2017, 01:38:38 PM

[Bridge]

"Thank you, Mr. Hawke.  I will give it review as soon as I am able" Kirok replied.  He offered the man a bow and then accepted the padd.

"I was just showing them around.  Perhaps you could take over for me while I meet with Ms. Jones.  Have you met you?  T'Ra this is James.  James, T'Ra" Kirok added.

James nodded and gave a short bow as he accepted the duty rosters for the ship.  This was a different experience serving on a vessel this big, being a crewmember in the Tempest helped getting used to a large number of people and crewmen around the ship, but it was still overwhelming.

He looked around the Bridge and noticed a slight difference in the console layouts than the Tempest.  The Ship had a different smell to it, almost like a new ship smell.  Most of the chairs and consoles were brand new and state of the art.

Hawke listened to the instructions of his Commanding Officer and responded with a small bow "Yes, Sir"  As a first Officer James spent the last weeks studying the schematics of the ship and learning about the engine room as well.  As a former Engineer, he has a great interest in learning the ship layouts.

As he finished bowing, he turned around looked at a female, which he assumed by the name and the ears was T'Ra.  James looked at the Vulcan and recognized the name from the roster.  However, he had not met the individual before.  "I don't believe, I have had the pleasure".

Remembering his classes of diplomacy, James welcomed the Vulcan with a traditional Vulcan salute.  He showed his right hand and placed his fingers in a "V" shape separating his index and middle finger.

"Live Long and Prosper"  James said to T'Ra

As he finished he gave a slight diplomatic bow, before turning his attention to the rest of the crew.

"I see most of you found your stations...just some quick notes, this ship can travel up to 9.975 up to 12 hours...also remember that this ship is equipped with state of the art holographic crew, so some duties can be delegated to holographic individuals, so please keep that in mind when leading your departments.  Because of the holographic crew, I am expecting all department heads to have your department combat ready on a red alert quicker than usual.     Before, I continue are there any questions about the ship or for myself? "  James inquired

He figured he was being hard on them first impression and he is already talking about his expectation of having the ship's red alert timing and readiness.  In order to make the situation more relaxed he asked "Does anyone here like Poker?"  James asked.

Click on the Badge to see bio

LK Reede

Miriam said:

"It's fascinating, don't you think?" Miriam whispered to LK, attempting to make some friends so living on the ship would be easier.

"Yeah. I'm gonna love it," LK whispered back. She took another look around. "This must be my station. Security / Tactical. And with what Conwell said, we have all kinds of new toys to play with."

Kira Wyman

Quote from: LK Reede on January 31, 2017, 04:59:27 PM

Miriam said:
"Yeah. I'm gonna love it," LK whispered back. She took another look around. "This must be my station. Security / Tactical. And with what Conwell said, we have all kinds of new toys to play with."

Bridge

Miriam's smiled. "It'll be great to use all of that equipment; I bet you're excited! Is this your first assignment? This is my first assignment and i think it's going to be the best assignment i ever get. I don't think anything will top this."

Miriam paused for a moment, looking over to the operations  console which was manned by a CPO who must've been the chief of operations. "That must be where i'll be working." Miriam looked back at LK and smiled. "Where are my manners? My name is Miriam HÁƒllstrom, i'm new on the ship like us all and I will be working in operations." Miriam's father told her that manners made a good first impression, she couldn't help but smile when she thought about it.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Sevoc

Quote from: Kirok on January 30, 2017, 11:49:24 PM

[Bridge]

"Thank you, Mr. Conwell" Kirok said.  Then he turned back to the group.  "The ship has some other unique features as well, like the CIC which it to the bow of the Bridge" he added as he pointed out the area.

"But I'm sure you are able to locate that and all the other duty stations on the ship on your own.  So, feel free to explore.  But before we end the tour does anyone have any questions I can answer" the half Vulcan said.

(Bridge)

Sevoc took in the information, but soon grew weary of it. He was mainly interested in the science labs, but that didn't seem to be popular.

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 31, 2017, 02:04:35 AM

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

"Of course, Ms. Jones.  Let's meet in my Ready Room" Kirok suggested.  "Just give me a moment if you will" he added.

[Bridge]

After the formalities were concluded, Sevoc turned to T'Ra.

"Ma'am, if there is anything you require of me, I shall be in the lab arranging a few things," he said to his fellow Vulcan hybrid.

(Science Lab)

Sevoc entered the pristine lab and began to note every item that was in there. He set up his portion to better suit his work habits.

He allowed his mind to drift a bit, not fearing the side effects of his post "zombification" like he had in the days prior to his final mission with the Columbus. He was relieved to know that Doctor McConnell was on staff here so she could continue to monitor the medication regimen they started.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Kirok

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 31, 2017, 03:34:59 PM

James nodded and gave a short bow as he accepted the duty rosters for the ship.  This was a different experience serving on a vessel this big, being a crewmember in the Tempest helped getting used to a large number of people and crewmen around the ship, but it was still overwhelming.

He looked around the Bridge and noticed a slight difference in the console layouts than the Tempest.  The Ship had a different smell to it, almost like a new ship smell.  Most of the chairs and consoles were brand new and state of the art.

Hawke listened to the instructions of his Commanding Officer and responded with a small bow "Yes, Sir"  As a first Officer James spent the last weeks studying the schematics of the ship and learning about the engine room as well.  As a former Engineer, he has a great interest in learning the ship layouts.

As he finished bowing, he turned around looked at a female, which he assumed by the name and the ears was T'Ra.  James looked at the Vulcan and recognized the name from the roster.  However, he had not met the individual before.  "I don't believe, I have had the pleasure".

Remembering his classes of diplomacy, James welcomed the Vulcan with a traditional Vulcan salute.  He showed his right hand and placed his fingers in a "V" shape separating his index and middle finger.

"Live Long and Prosper"  James said to T'Ra

As he finished he gave a slight diplomatic bow, before turning his attention to the rest of the crew.

[Bridge]

After the introductions were done, Kirok offered a nod.  "Thank you for taking over.  It might be wise to have the newest of our or crew to check in with Dr. McConnell.  Just be make sure all of their paperwork is in order before we shove off.  I'll be in my ready room if needed" the half Vulcan said before exiting the Bridge.

[Ready Room]

"Please have a seat" Kirok said as they entered the room.   "I'm thinking of adding a conference table, to make a more efficiently use the space of course.  The current conference room could then be turned into a meeting room or office" he said, almost apologetically.

T'Ra Jones

[Bridge]

"Of course, Ms. Jones.  Let's meet in my Ready Room," Kirok suggested.  "Just give me a moment if you will," he added.

"I was just showing them around.  Perhaps you could take over for me while I meet with Ms. Jones.  Have you met you?  T'Ra this is James.  James, T'Ra," Kirok added.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 31, 2017, 03:34:59 PM

"Live Long and Prosper,"  James said to T'Ra

[Bridge]

T'Ra nodded, content to wait just a few moments longer before discussing the difficult matter with her old comrade. She tilted her head slightly as the first officer was introduced. It was not a face she knew, but it seemed amiable enough. Hawke was also more well versed on Vulcan customs than his fellow humans, though perhaps that had been deemed requisite to serve under such a captain. Regardless of the reason, the gesture was appreciated. "Peace and long life," she replied, the other half of the age-old greeting, spreading her fingers briefly in kind.

Quote from: Sevoc on January 31, 2017, 05:56:20 PM

(Bridge)

Sevoc took in the information, but soon grew weary of it. He was mainly interested in the science labs, but that didn't seem to be popular.

After the formalities were concluded, Sevoc turned to T'Ra. "Ma'am, if there is anything you require of me, I shall be in the lab arranging a few things," he said to his fellow Vulcan hybrid.

"Noted, Mr. Sevoc," T'Ra acknowledged. "I doubt this will take long. I do not wish to take up too much of the captain's time."
Quote from: Kirok on January 31, 2017, 09:49:36 PM

[Ready Room]

"Please have a seat," Kirok said as they entered the room.   "I'm thinking of adding a conference table, to make a more efficiently use the space of course.  The current conference room could then be turned into a meeting room or office," he said, almost apologetically.

[Ready Room]

Following Kirok into his ready room, T'Ra took a seat when offered. She listened with intent as he described possible plans for the room. There was a subtle undertone to his voice as he spoke, but T'Ra could not describe what about it that had piqued her interest. T'Ra almost frowned, wondering what it was that could cause him to be distracted as the stranger had implied.

"I wish to offer thanks for accepting me, and subsequently Evan, aboard this ship," she began, gathering her thoughts. "Though I suppose I shall get right to the point. Shortly before we transferred to this ship, we were called upon by an unknown agent claiming to be from the future. He had sufficient knowledge of things he could not have known about to convince me that perhaps this was this case."

T'Ra shifted, pausing for a moment. The stranger had never asked that she say nothing, only that he did not believe Kirok would listen. Still, she could only try. "But this is not why I came to you, Kirok. This man also spoke of a prisoner you would bring on board, one who would someone make this ship a target for some grave disaster. Kirok, this worries me deeply. I only ask for assurance that you have the matter in hand and tell me what I may do to assist in keeping the crew safe."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

LK Reede

[Bridge]

Miriam's smiled. "It'll be great to use all of that equipment; I bet you're excited! Is this your first assignment? This is my first assignment and i think it's going to be the best assignment i ever get. I don't think anything will top this."

Miriam paused for a moment, looking over to the operations  console which was manned by a CPO who must've been the chief of operations. "That must be where i'll be working." Miriam looked back at LK and smiled. "Where are my manners? My name is Miriam HÁƒllstrom, i'm new on the ship like us all and I will be working in operations." Miriam's father told her that manners made a good first impression, she couldn't help but smile when she thought about it.

"I was on the Columbus Star Base for a little while. Not very long so I'm still feeling my way around. I'm LK Reede, by the way." LK smiled broadly to show she was willing to be friends. "Before you ask, mom and dad couldn't make up their mind so my sis gave me their names - Leticia and Kevin. Hence, LK. It stuck."

Ensign Reede's attention was seized by introductions of the newest members to come on to the bridge.

When the new XO asked for questions, LK stood straight, lifting her hand in response.

"I do, sir. I understand we have a prisoner. Is he so dangerous that we need a..." she searched for the right word, "ship of this caliber to transport him?" She took a deep breath and asked firmly, "What is the charge, sir?"

Better to find out what she would be dealing with before she needed to know.

Kira Wyman

Quote from: LK Reede on January 31, 2017, 11:15:32 PM

[Bridge]

"I was on the Columbus Star Base for a little while. Not very long so I'm still feeling my way around. I'm LK Reede, by the way." LK smiled broadly to show she was willing to be friends. "Before you ask, mom and dad couldn't make up their mind so my sis gave me their names - Leticia and Kevin. Hence, LK. It stuck."

Ensign Reede's attention was seized by introductions of the newest members to come on to the bridge.

When the new XO asked for questions, LK stood straight, lifting her hand in response.

"I do, sir. I understand we have a prisoner. Is he so dangerous that we need a..." she searched for the right word, "ship of this caliber to transport him?" She took a deep breath and asked firmly, "What is the charge, sir?"

Better to find out what she would be dealing with before she needed to know.

Bridge

Miriam smiled and nodded in acknowledgement at LK's name. She thought it was different but she knew that wasn't a bad thing. After all, Miriam liked it. It seemed to have a good ring to it, she thought.

Miriam turned her attention to the commander who had come onto the bridge earlier. She heard him ask earlier if anyone liked poker and although Miriam had never played it, the game had always amazed her and she'd always wanted to learn how to play it. Maybe she'd ask him about it at some point.

"Well I guess I should go and get my medical done with, it was great meeting you LK and I'll see you later." Miriam smiled and gave LK a simple nod and then made her way for the turbolift so she could get to medical.

Sickbay

Miriam had found her way through the maze which was the ship and finally found the Sickbay. The doors swooshed open and Miriam entered the immaculately clean room. The room seemed to be quiet and Miriam guessed she was either one of the first people to get their medical done with or one of the last.

As Miriam walked further into the room, she noticed the commander which seemed to have just finished talking. Miriam stopped in front of her and smiled at the commander.

"Hello commander, I am Miriam HÁƒ¤llstrom. I was told to report to you at some point for a medical examination." With that, Miriam raised the PADD she had been clutching onto containing her assignment orders.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Ardyn Jaeger

(OOC. It's a tad late, I know. Blasted Homework.)
[Bridge]

Ardyn stopped her pre-flight check and turned around to see a Vulcan woman in Science blue standing behind her.   Standing out of habit when it came to higher-ranked officers, she returned the greeting. "Hey. nice to meet you. I'm Ardyn. Ardyn Jaeger." The Scientist only had enough time to introduce herself as T'ra, the CSO on the ship,  before she was whisked away to attend to some officer business with the Admiral. Sitting back down, at the console, she continued readying the ship.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.