S1 - M1: Shall we Begin

Started by Kirok, January 28, 2017, 07:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

[Brig]

"Shall we begin?" Kirok asked for the third time.  He was speaking to the prisoner who was secured behind a blue hued force field.  The man simply stared darts back at the half Vulcan, like he had done for for last 43 minutes.

"Very well, then.  I am required by law to inform you know that you will remain in my Brig until we reach Earth.  There you will be tried by Vice Admiral Casas, the Judge Advocate General of Starfleet" he added.

"You will receive nourishment and someone will be assigned to watch you.  Should you change your mind and wish to speak, you may ask for me.  Until then, good day" Kirok said as he turned on his heel and then left the room.

[Bridge]

Minutes later Kirok arrived on the Bridge.  The Odyssey class Bridge.  And he took a long moment to experience the moment.

Waiting for him was his new XO and SO.  And most of his new crew.  "Thank you all for meeting me here.  Shall we begin the tour?" he asked.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Sevoc

(Bridge)

"Sir, it is agreeable to finally meet you," Sevoc said to his new Commanding Officer. "I am ready for the tour and am wanting to get started as soon as possible."

The Andorian hybrid was already calculating how he would get his particular section of the science lab set up, but was curious about the layout of his new home.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Communications Array]

Mahak was not interested in the opening tour of the bridge. He'd seen the specifications of the Odyssey class. They were impressive to say the least. But he still did not feel the need to see it in person. Likely the tour would be more social than educational. And he did not subscribe to the human notion that he would somehow connect with the Shran better somehow if he actually joined others in "meeting" the ship. One of the other crew members had actually used those words. The idea left Mahak confused and a bit annoyed.

At least the Shran was passably diverse. He was nowhere near the only Vulcan aboard, with many other Federation species represented as well. The Shran's namesake was an Andorian, one of the founders of the United Federation of Planets. It made him more agreeable to the ship as a whole.

"Are comms online, crewman?" Asked a human officer in mustard yellow.

"Aye sir, I am merely calibrating the automated spectral analysis systems now."

"Good work. Don't want to get caught with our pants down."

The remark was an odd one and Mahak used a small part of his mind to unravel exactly what the officer had meant. The calibrations were nearly complete anyway, and if he was going to be serving under so many illogical and emotional beings again he'd better get used to their jocular euphemisms.

Kira Wyman

Quote from: Kirok on January 28, 2017, 07:50:19 PM

[Brig]

"Shall we begin?" Kirok asked for the third time.  He was speaking to the prisoner who was secured behind a blue hued force field.  The man simply stared darts back at the half Vulcan, like he had done for for last 43 minutes.

"Very well, then.  I am required by law to inform you know that you will remain in my Brig until we reach Earth.  There you will be tried by Vice Admiral Casas, the Judge Advocate General of Starfleet" he added.

"You will receive nourishment and someone will be assigned to watch you.  Should you change your mind and wish to speak, you may ask for me.  Until then, good day" Kirok said as he turned on his heel and then left the room.

[Bridge]

Minutes later Kirok arrived on the Bridge.  The Odyssey class Bridge.  And he took a long moment to experience the moment.

Waiting for him was his new XO and SO.  And most of his new crew.  "Thank you all for meeting me here.  Shall we begin the tour?" he asked.

Bridge

Miriam looked up when she heard the voice of the new CO who's ship she'd been assigned to. She smiled to her impatient self, finally glad the tour would begin in the next few minutes. She felt as though she'd been waiting on the bridge for hours, she wasn't used to waiting in line for things, she'd have to get used to it though because it would be happening much more now than it used to happen.

Miriam had a PADD in her hand which contained the layout of the ship. She raised it slightly and looked at the layout once more before lowering it down in front of her and taking a quick scan of the bridge. She was still amazed by what was in starships and now she'd be getting to work with one. She would've never been able to do this if she'd told her father, Andreas, she was glad she didn't because she knew she'd never get bored of working on a starship.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

LK Reede

[Bridge]

Ensign Reede stepped through the doors as they slid open before her. Looking around, she saw that a few of the other senior officers were there already. They were scattered around, peering at everything, too. That was reassuring. It appeared that she wasn't the only one new to a star ship.

Having trained on a couple of the ships in drydock, she wasn't unfamiliar with the layout but this ship was bigger then what she'd been expecting.

It also appeared that the captain was ready to start the tour. Smiling, LK nodded to whoever glanced her way. Then her attention was centered on the captain.

Justin Conwell

Justin was kicked back against the nearest console which happens to be one of the Tactical consoles. Unlike the others who were inspecting the bridge and learning the layout, he wasn't all that interested since it wasn't a new design to him. In his hands was a padd he was going over, containing vital information about several systems.

Looking up as he heard Admiral Kirok speak up about a tour, he slightly groaned. Was he going to put him through explaining everything to the new crew like this? Noting to self, get the Admiral back if that turned out the be the case.

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

T'Ra Jones

[Personal Quarters - USS Shran]

T'Ra stepped across the threshold to her new quarters, a box in her hand and a bag slung over her shoulder. She made her way over to the corner, where her lute was already propped up against the wall. She set the box next to it, the last of her possessions from the starbase, before tossing her bag onto the bed. She plopped onto the bed beside it, exhausted.

The door chimed. T'Ra glanced over, calling out, "Enter." Evan strode in, all smiles. Hands clasped behind his back, all thoughts of that stranger seemed to have slipped from his mind. "Why didn't you just open the door?" she asked. "You don't usually bother with the chimes."

"I tried," he told her. "But the blasted computer wouldn't accept my codes."

"Ah, my apologies. Haven't gotten around to it."

Evan waved it off. "Don't worry about it. You've been tired. Besides, I've got something for you." T'Ra arched a brow, inquisitive. Evan brought a hand around from behind his back. And there sitting in the palm of his hand was the tiniest black kitten she had ever seen. "A house warming gift," he explained.

The kitten mewed as he poured in into her hands. But then it settled, its eyes gazing intently into hers. "I don't have any such thing for you..." she replied.

Again Evan dismissed her words with a wave of the hand, still grinning. "What are you going to call it?"

"L," she said plainly. The kitten had closed its eyes, purring contentedly as T'Ra scratched the top of its head.

"Is that because it's some complicated Vulcan name I could never hope to pronounce?" Evan asked.

T'Ra paused a moment, a small smile curling up in the corner of her mouth. "No. It simply pleases me."

Evan laughed. "Well, as much as I hate to break up a bonding moment, but your Vulcan friend is probably expecting us on the bridge, for some sort of tour."

T'Ra nodded. She let the kitten onto the bed, pushing herself into her feet. And with that, they left and were soon on the bridge.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Alex Harmon

[Ensign Harmon's Personal Quarters - USS Shran]

Fortunetly, due to his status as the ship's Intelligence Officer and the nature of his often classified work, Alex had been assigned a Senior Officer's quarters so that he could have privacy. He was aware that the Captain was conducting a tour of the massive Odyssey Class Starship that was the USS Shran but Alex had already made himself familiar with the ship's specifications, anyalising every part of the ship before he even stepped foot aboard.

Since Agent Sloan had approached Alex and given him his...mission, Alex had been working day and night on his investigation. It wasn't easy investigating an Admiral and it was even harder doing it covertly. So far he had found nothing concrete to use but he was only just getting started and he was sure he'd find something. He had also spent his time reading personnel files of various members of the crew to try and see if anyone might be willing to help him in his investigation but he had to be careful.

Right now Alex was working on a Security project he had came up with where force field emitterswould be placed through the entire ship and could be used by Security to capture and hold someone on board the ship. If he could get it working properly, these force fields would be able to detain anyone on board until Security could arrive and take them into custody. They could also be manually triggered, effectively blocking off areas if nessasary. He wasn't sure if it would work, power could be a problem and even if the technical side could work, Admiral Kirok wouln't nessasarily approve of the idea.

James H. Hawk's Alt

Jamie McConnell

Sickbay - USS Shran

Everything was shiny with newness.  It even smelled new, more than just the normal sterile smell of a medical bay.  Dr. McConnell looked around her new domain and smiled half heartedly.  If only she could share all this with Cayden.  Instead she had been made to worry about him.  Generally, she was always worried because her husband's job was dangerous, but Sloane had raised her level of concern to the point where she was sleepless and irritable.

"Everyone's gathered, doctor." Ensign's Elana's soft voice brought Jamie out of her own thoughts and in to the moment.  Her green eyes looked around and swiftly took in the many faces of her staff.   The alien and the human.  The familiar and the unfamiliar.

She nodded her acknowledgement to the nurse and cleared her throat.  Her normally raspy voice rang clear as she began the meeting, "We are starting a new mission on a new ship with a new, state of the art, medical bay..."  The Human - Vulcan hybrid smiled at the crowd of medical medical professionals, "... Let us go into the unknown with those that are known. Let us go without fear of anything or anyone...." Jamie took a deep breath, continued smiling and then continued her meeting.

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Kirok

Quote from: Sevoc on January 28, 2017, 09:19:12 PM

(Bridge)

"Sir, it is agreeable to finally meet you," Sevoc said to his new Commanding Officer. "I am ready for the tour and am wanting to get started as soon as possible."

The Andorian hybrid was already calculating how he would get his particular section of the science lab set up, but was curious about the layout of his new home.

(Bridge)

"It is particularly agreeable to meet you, Mr. Sevoc.  And you as well Ms. Reede and Ms.HÁƒllstrom" Kirok said.  He offered a small bow to the group of newcomers.

"I dare say this is an exciting time in our history.  And I feel honored to be a part of it" the half Vulcan said sincerely.  He turned to acknowledge some of the others that had arrived.

"This is T'Ra Jones, Chief of Science.  And Justin Conwell, Chief of Engineering is at the tactical station here.  Two of the finest officers I know" he said.

"Mr. Conwell, if you have a moment, could you tell us about the sensor cloaking technology that was installed?  I believe the Shran is the only ship to have this so far.  Correct?" Kirok prompted.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

LK Reede

(Bridge)

While LK searched the area with her eyes, she finally spied the sec/tac console.Her eyebrow went up involuntarily. A Lt. Commander was leaning on the table. Walking slowly, she sidled over to his side. Then, just as she was about to speak, the captain spoke up.

"It is particularly agreeable to meet you, Mr. Sevoc.  And you as well Ms. Reede and Ms.HÁƒ¤llstrom" Kirok said.  He offered a small bow to the group of newcomers.

"I dare say this is an exciting time in our history.  And I feel honored to be a part of it" the half Vulcan said sincerely.  He turned to acknowledge some of the others that had arrived.

"This is T'Ra Jones, Chief of Science.  And Justin Conwell, Chief of Engineering is at the tactical station here.  Two of the finest officers I know" he said.

Ensign Reede nodded a greeting, smiling her usual non-committal smile.

Going to be exciting here, she thought.

Justin Conwell

Quote from: Kirok on January 29, 2017, 08:50:37 PM

(Bridge)

"It is particularly agreeable to meet you, Mr. Sevoc. And you as well Ms. Reede and Ms.HÁƒllstrom" Kirok said. He offered a small bow to the group of newcomers.

"I dare say this is an exciting time in our history. And I feel honored to be a part of it" the half Vulcan said sincerely. He turned to acknowledge some of the others that had arrived.

"This is T'Ra Jones, Chief of Science. And Justin Conwell, Chief of Engineering is at the tactical station here. Two of the finest officers I know" he said.

"Mr. Conwell, if you have a moment, could you tell us about the sensor cloaking technology that was installed? I believe the Shran is the only ship to have this so far. Correct?" Kirok prompted.

Quote from: LK Reede on January 29, 2017, 11:02:53 PM

(Bridge)

While LK searched the area with her eyes, she finally spied the sec/tac console.Her eyebrow went up involuntarily. A Lt. Commander was leaning on the table. Walking slowly, she sidled over to his side. Then, just as she was about to speak, the captain spoke up.

He noticed the young ensign looking around before slowly walking over and stood up from leaning against the Tactical console. He did recognize her from the current personnel files as the new Chief of Security and Tactical, making her a senior officer now. Before either could speak, Admiral Kirok spoke up, introducing both T'Ra and myself.

Justin gathered his thoughts before responding in a slightly louder voice. "Sensor Cloaking technology in a nutshell is pretty simplistic so I won't drone out the more complex version. If you wish to know more, my office down in Main Engineering is almost always open." Justin responded before continuing. "In a sense, sensor cloaking in practical hides a vessel in plain sight, jamming any active or passive sensor scans hitting it. While it won't truly hide the Shran from sight, you won't be visible on any scans.

The downside to this technology is that you are still visible to the naked eye. Example, if you move in front of a Defiant's viewscreen, while they can't see you on sensors, they will definitely see you on the view screen or looking out one of the viewports." He finished but hesistated on the last question. "You are correct in that the Shran is the only vessel that is know to have Active Sensor cloaking installed."

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

Ardyn Jaeger

[Bridge- U.S.S. Shran]

Ardyn looked around the bridge of the Shran and grinned. Not a bad way to start off another transfer. The bridge still had that new-ship smell, even. It wasn't all that new to her, being on a starship. She'd been piloting ships like these for the past couple years now, and still hadn't gotten tired of it.  Nodding at her new crewmates who were making their way through the bridge, she made her way to the helm.  Sitting in the seat, she instinctively began tracing the crisp, new controls.  Cracking her knuckles, she mentally began her pre-flight checklist. She probably didn't need it with a ship this fresh off the factory lines, but she made certain anyways.

"Have you checked the Control Lock?" Asked one of the Petty Officers.

She replied, semi distracted by the Navigation console. "Not yet, Brennan. I'm getting to it. It's just this new system has a couple more bells and whistles that I need to figure out. "

She was briefly interrupted by the Admiral's  announcement. While she would have personally have loved to join the tour, if anything to meet her new crewmates, she figured that she would likely have more than enough time to explore the ship when she was off-shift.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

T'Ra Jones

Last post for mission:

Quote from: Kirok on January 29, 2017, 08:50:37 PM

(Bridge)

"It is particularly agreeable to meet you, Mr. Sevoc.  And you as well Ms. Reede and Ms.HÁƒllstrom," Kirok said.  He offered a small bow to the group of newcomers.

"I dare say this is an exciting time in our history.  And I feel honored to be a part of it," the half Vulcan said sincerely.  He turned to acknowledge some of the others that had arrived.

"This is T'Ra Jones, Chief of Science.  And Justin Conwell, Chief of Engineering is at the tactical station here.  Two of the finest officers I know," he said.

"Mr. Conwell, if you have a moment, could you tell us about the sensor cloaking technology that was installed?  I believe the Shran is the only ship to have this so far.  Correct?" Kirok prompted.

[Bridge]

T'Ra and Evan stepped onto the bridge to find a small congregation of officers already present. She matched names to faces as Kirok turned to each in turn, offering greeting. She inclined her head slightly when he reached her, replying, "Likewise, Admiral." It was truly a pleasure and honor to serve under Kirok once again. Perhaps after the tour, she could find a moment to speak with him. Despite her apprehension for the coming days, she still trusted him.

Evan stood behind her and whispered in her ear, "There seem to be a number of pointy ears here. I almost feel as if I'm on Vulcan." T'Ra let out a barely audible snort in reply, not bothering to look back. "Yeah, yeah," he added, as if reading her thoughts, "I've never been there. Next best thing though, right?"

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 29, 2017, 11:45:01 PM

[Bridge- U.S.S. Shran]

She replied, semi distracted by the Navigation console. "Not yet, Brennan. I'm getting to it. It's just this new system has a couple more bells and whistles that I need to figure out. "

She was briefly interrupted by the Admiral's  announcement. While she would have personally have loved to join the tour, if anything to meet her new crewmates, she figured that she would likely have more than enough time to explore the ship when she was off-shift.

While Conwell spoke, describing the nature of the cloaking device, T'Ra listened but let her gaze float around the bridge, taking it all in. It felt good to be there, especially with Evan at her side. But aside from him and Kirok, she knew none of the other faces present. Movement at the front of the bridge caught her eye, drawing it towards the flight control center. T'Ra nodded, offering greeting to a red-shirted ensign she did not know.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Kira Wyman

Quote from: Justin Conwell on January 29, 2017, 11:28:55 PM

He noticed the young ensign looking around before slowly walking over and stood up from leaning against the Tactical console. He did recognize her from the current personnel files as the new Chief of Security and Tactical, making her a senior officer now. Before either could speak, Admiral Kirok spoke up, introducing both T'Ra and myself.

Justin gathered his thoughts before responding in a slightly louder voice. "Sensor Cloaking technology in a nutshell is pretty simplistic so I won't drone out the more complex version. If you wish to know more, my office down in Main Engineering is almost always open." Justin responded before continuing. "In a sense, sensor cloaking in practical hides a vessel in plain sight, jamming any active or passive sensor scans hitting it. While it won't truly hide the Shran from sight, you won't be visible on any scans.

The downside to this technology is that you are still visible to the naked eye. Example, if you move in front of a Defiant's viewscreen, while they can't see you on sensors, they will definitely see you on the view screen or looking out one of the viewports." He finished but hesistated on the last question. "You are correct in that the Shran is the only vessel that is know to have Active Sensor cloaking installed."

Quote from: LK Reede on January 29, 2017, 11:02:53 PM

(Bridge)

Bridge

Miriam listened to the lieutenant commander explain how the cloaking system work and she was excited that she'd been placed on a ship where they were testing new technology. She took a moment to take another look at the bridge and then noticed a fellow ensign. Miriam slowly edged towards her then stopped beside her.

"It's fascinating, don't you think?" Miriam whispered to LK, attempting to make some friends so living on the ship would be easier.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.