Donations and the Next Featured SIMM

Started by Kirok, January 27, 2017, 11:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Fleeters,

As most of you know, there are a few costs that come with running this site.  Chris Newberry, owner of the site, does a great job of keeping those expenses as low as possible.  But some cost still exist.

If you are able to, please consider making a donation to help fund the site.  No matter the amount, it will be appreciated.  But only if you are able and willing.

Beyond that, we also need your help in determining the next featured SIMM for our site.  Both Mirrorverse and the Borg mission have been wildly popular.  What do you think we should do next?

Please reply below with an idea or two!

Thank in advance,

Kirok   

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Dylan Torngate

*Runs in screaming*

NX CLASS

*Runs away screaming*

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Leonard T. Scott

How about a temporal trip back to the TOS era?

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

James H. Hawk

They could always simply be set in the past where we can play different characters from that period, can't they?

I do like the idea of NX Class, Dylan.

Leonard T. Scott

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Kyan Mackenzie

I vote for something DS9ish, where we create a new race and run a SF/new race co-op!

James H. Hawk

Quote from: Kyan Mackenzie on January 28, 2017, 02:29:04 AM

I vote for something DS9ish, where we create a new race and run a SF/new race co-op!

That could be interesting. I imagine it would be quite fun exploring the politics of a race we create. I like this idea.

Malcolm Adeyemi

I don't have an idea or a strong opinion for the next featured SIMM, but I just wanted to say that I think this concept of having a rotating and fun ship with a new commander and mission every few months is great. By far one of the best ideas that we have ever had. I would particularly like to acknowledge that James Hawk came up with the concept of this with the Mirror Universe. Thanks James!

Kirok

Quote from: Luke Stafford on January 28, 2017, 12:57:14 PM

I don't have an idea or a strong opinion for the next featured SIMM, but I just wanted to say that I think this concept of having a rotating and fun ship with a new commander and mission every few months is great. By far one of the best ideas that we have ever had. I would particularly like to acknowledge that James Hawk came up with the concept of this with the Mirror Universe. Thanks James!

I agree!

I think the CLOs & Ship Reps did a great thing when they implemented this idea (go teamwork ;-)

So, it looks like we have two possible contenders.  I don't see any reason why we could not do both.  Just preferable at different times (maybe one as soon as the Borg mission finishes and the other after that ;-)

Because it was mentioned first and will likely be easiest to do, I think the NX class ideas should go first.

I think the option for that are to use a NX class ship in the present or to have a crew possibly play themselves as if the were actually in that time period.  Correct?

After that, we could do a DS9 themed mission with a new race.

Does that sound right to everyone?

Lena Atwood

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.ââ,¬â€ Leonardo Da Vinci

Sir Lena of House Atwood, Grand Marshall of Hospitality

Malcolm Adeyemi

I would love to do an NX class era featured SIMM! I'm a big Enterprise guy.

Kira Wyman

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Dylan Torngate

So would it be NX class ship or another type from the 2130's?

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Kirok

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on February 03, 2017, 01:11:12 PM

So would it be NX class ship or another type from the 2130's?

I'm going to leave that up to you and Luke Stafford, given that you and he are hereby named as moderators for the featured SIMM!

Congratulations,

Kirok

James A. Hawke

Quote from: Kirok on February 05, 2017, 09:40:14 PM

I'm going to leave that up to you and Luke Stafford, given that you and he are hereby named as moderators for the featured SIMM!

Congratulations,

Kirok

Congratulations!!!

I hope to keep this going is a different idea.

Click on the Badge to see bio

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.