S1 - Mission 6 - Killer Cove

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, January 27, 2017, 01:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Daniel Howell on January 31, 2017, 02:15:43 PM

Outside CO's Office
Howell arrived outside the CO's office and pressed the door chime, awaiting a response to enter. Briefly Howell reflected back on how he used to be petrified going to the CO's office and how now it seems such a normal part of daily life as a Starfleet officer.

[CO's Office]

"Come on in, Dan." Stafford said over Wu's head. He abruptly walked to his desk and sat behind it. He may be comfortable with Wu seeing him as more casual, but with two senior officers and one his XO he wanted to be professional.

"Dan, this is Lieutenant Commander Alex Wu, our new JAG department head. Alex, Daniel Howell, our executive officer." The captain said, making the introductions.

"Alex, I'm afraid we've got some business to get down to." Awkwardly, Stafford groped for the words. "You get settled in and we'll meet again."

Kirok

Quote from: Rosiuh Aviad on January 31, 2017, 01:08:41 AM

Rosiuh stood up, offering his hand with a smile. "I'm Cadet Rosiuh Aviad. It's a pleasure to meet you, Ensign Zex. I came aboard while you were away. If you're looking for Dr. McConnell, she transferred to the Shran recently." He offered in explanation of why the former head of the medical department was now absent. " Dr. Bardakci is now in charge if you need to report your return."

[Sickbay]

"Nice to meet you" Zex replied.  "I don't know how I feel about that.  Dr. McConnell transferring away.  I rather liked her.  What is Bardakci like?" the Deltan added.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Luke Stafford on January 31, 2017, 02:20:40 PM

[CO's Office]

"Come on in, Dan." Stafford said over Wu's head. He abruptly walked to his desk and sat behind it. He may be comfortable with Wu seeing him as more casual, but with two senior officers and one his XO he wanted to be professional.

"Dan, this is Lieutenant Commander Alex Wu, our new JAG department head. Alex, Daniel Howell, our executive officer." The captain said, making the introductions.

"Alex, I'm afraid we've got some business to get down to." Awkwardly, Stafford groped for the words. "You get settled in and we'll meet again."

[CO's Office]

"Commander, good to meet you." Alex rose from his seat, instantly sensing Luke's change of decorum and adapting appropriately. "On a station this size, I'm sure we'll be working quite alot together." He added with a smile, offering his hand to the XO.

"Not a problem, I'll go find my bunk." Alex slung his bag back up, nodding at both men before heading for the door. "Mr.Howell, Captain."

Walking out, he extracted his PADD again, looking for his designated quarters while walking to the turbolifts. Deck 218. Bloody hell, it's going to take me ten minutes just to get to work every morning.

[Turbolift]

Being up by the COs office had beneficial side effects, one of which was the dedicated lifts. Stepping in, he read off his PADD, "Deck 218, Subsection 12 Echo."

Leaning against the bulkhead as the lift sped downwards, Alex sighed, rolling his shoulders. Years ago, he would've gone straight to his new office to meet his department and dive into the pile of paperwork that would inevitably be waiting for him. Now, the thought of being trapped in an office for 8 hours a day was just plain old depressing. Where had that eagerness gone?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Rosiuh Aviad

[Sickbay]

"Nice to meet you" Zex replied.  "I don't know how I feel about that.  Dr. McConnell transferring away.  I rather liked her.  What is Bardakci like?" the Deltan added.

"I barely got a chance to meet either of them," Rosiuh admitted candidly when Zex mentioned the former and the new heads of the medical department. His head tilted with a faint frown as he looked away from her for a moment. Every now and then he would catch a burst of emotion like a spike of static that was greater than the background noise of the station. If he had been home on Betazoid he'd have dismissed it as a child still learning to properly shield, but the emotions did not have a childish feel to them. It was all very strange. Of course, it could just be a species he hadn't encountered before.

Shaking his head slightly, Rosiuh dismissed the nagging little spikes in emotion and put them to the back of his mind. It wasn't a mystery he could spare the time to solve at the moment. He firmly turned his attention back to Zex. "Sorry, The station can be distracting at times." A tight smile crossed his face. "I'm still getting used to picking the random emotional outbursts. I suppose it's only to be expected with so many different species passing through at any given time."

Thomas Jett

[Starbase Columbus Á¢â,¬"œ Black Sun's Bar]

The Black Sun's Bar was a sketchy whole in the wall bar.  It was surprising to see a place like this in a Starbase, however, as long as there is a crime, greed and special interest there will always be places like this.

The establishment was home of some of the shadiest deals in the Station.  Tom sat at table end having a small drink.  In the background, he could hear classical music.

At the atmosphere was dark and smoky, the vision was not perfect.  The former Captain figured that they were doing illegal smoking in the bar, but it was the least of Starfleet Concern.   The lighting of the place was dark and it was full of individuals that did not look reputable.  It was a popular hangout of criminals and under world people.

After a few minutes sitting alone in a dim room a human female walked into his booth.  Making little eye contact with the lady she said "Tom, I have the data for you...it's about your wife"

Tom took a sip of his beer and gently place the Mug into the table "Does Starfleet knows you are giving this to me?"

The lady shook her head "No, Tom this is strictly under the table"

Thomas nodded and smiled.  He slid across the table a couple bars and responded "Good"  Before he could say another world he noticed a group of three Klingon coming into his booth.

The Klingon grabbed the lady by her arm and said "Why are you with this petaQ?  When you can share a drink with a true warrior"

Tom took another sip of his beer.  He figured it would be the last beer he was going to drink for a while.  He then politely said to the Klingon "The Lady is with me...I recommend you to back off"

The Klingon took his attention away from the lady and focused on Thomas.   The group of Klingons of three Klingons stood looking down at Tom "What are you going to do?"  The Klingon leader asked.

"Kick your ass"  Thomas responded

With little warning he took his beer mug and slammed it across the Klingon leader face.  The Klingon looked a little dazed as the blow was directly to his face.  Knowing his opportunity was short, Thomas bulled rushed the second Klingon in the chest.   The Second Klingon was not expecting it, the momentum pushed the Klingon backwards and was pushed into the third Klingon.

He ran into the Dom-Jot table and picked up a stick.  He looked at the three Klingons as all of them pulled their knife.  "Really?  Did your mom ever teach you not to bring your knife into a game of Dom-Jot...seriously where are your manners?"  He said in a sarcastic tone.

The lady that was meeting Tom went under the table in order to get out of the sight of the Klingons.  She pulled her comm. Badge and called
=/\= This is Agent McCarthy of Starfleet Intelligence...I need a security detail ASAP,  three Klingons are attacking Captain Jett with weapons and he is unarmed =/\=

Hust Kinun

Quote from: Thomas Jett on February 01, 2017, 12:17:11 AM

The Black Sun's Bar was a sketchy whole in the wall bar.  It was surprising to see a place like this in a Starbase, however, as long as there is a crime, greed and special interest there will always be places like this.

The establishment was home of some of the shadiest deals in the Station.  Tom sat at table end having a small drink.  In the background, he could hear classical music.

At the atmosphere was dark and smoky, the vision was not perfect.  The former Captain figured that they were doing illegal smoking in the bar, but it was the least of Starfleet Concern.   The lighting of the place was dark and it was full of individuals that did not look reputable.  It was a popular hangout of criminals and under world people.

After a few minutes sitting alone in a dim room a human female walked into his booth.  Making little eye contact with the lady she said "Tom, I have the data for you...it's about your wife"

Tom took a sip of his beer and gently place the Mug into the table "Does Starfleet knows you are giving this to me?"

Thomas nodded and smiled.  He slid across the table a couple bars and responded "Good"  Before he could say another world he noticed a group of three Klingon coming into his booth.

The Klingon grabbed the lady by her arm and said "Why are you with this petaQ?  When you can share a drink with a true warrior"

Tom took another sip of his beer.  He figured it would be the last beer he was going to drink for a while.  He then politely said to the Klingon "The Lady is with me...I recommend you to back off"

The Klingon took his attention away from the lady and focused on Thomas.   The group of Klingons of three Klingons stood looking down at Tom "What are you going to do?"  The Klingon leader asked.

With little warning he took his beer mug and slammed it across the Klingon leader face.  The Klingon looked a little dazed as the blow was directly to his face.  Knowing his opportunity was short, Thomas bulled rushed the second Klingon in the chest.   The Second Klingon was not expecting it, the momentum pushed the Klingon backwards and was pushed into the third Klingon.

He ran into the Dom-Jot table and picked up a stick.  He looked at the three Klingons as all of them pulled their knife.  "Really?  Did your mom ever teach you not to bring your knife into a game of Dom-Jot...seriously where are your manners?"  He said in a sarcastic tone.

The lady that was meeting Tom went under the table in order to get out of the sight of the Klingons.  She pulled her comm. Badge and called
=/\= This is Agent McCarthy of Starfleet Intelligence...I need a security detail ASAP,  three Klingons are attacking Captain Jett with weapons and he is unarmed =/\=

[Promenade]

Hust sat watching the ships as a commotion burst out in one of the bars lower on the deck. He stood and watched as the telltale signs of a bar fight took hold and people started moving out of the bar. He sighed and stood up, and then fell back down as the rageful thoughts of the Klingons penetrated his mind, and took hold in his mind, forcing him to a rasher course of action. He tapped his commbadge, adding a report to security, likely one of several that were being reported. He stood and ran down to the next level, getting to the bar's entrance and looking in. He saw three Klingons, and at least one other. He sighed, moving closer to them and yelling at the group to back off. He didn't have a weapon, and thankfully he had enough rationale to not launch himself into the fight, but now he waited. Surely security would be along soon.

If one of them came close he'd try to grab them and pull them away, but only if one strayed close to the outside. Getting drawn into a fight like this when he was already outside the CO's graces would be a bad idea. Nonetheless he was getting more and more antsy and itching for a fight. His yells for the Klingons likely came to back off, and he tried to see if there was anyone except the four people there.

What he wouldn't do for a phaser right now.

Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Thomas Jett on February 01, 2017, 12:17:11 AM

Tritter wasn't much in the mood for working today, but such was life. The man had more than a bit of a headache from indulging in the demon in the bottle, but it worked for him and since there was no one to see it, it is as if it didn't happen. He had taken a more than hot shower this morning, he had changed into a clean and pressed uniform. He also had taken a few pills to help ease the pain in his head, before he showered that was, as they took about an hour to work on him. He had started the day with reviewing the reports from both Beta and Gamma shifts, there was nothing of note, except for a spat between a Ferengi and a Klingon over a trade deal that went south, the thought of it made his head split even more, so he gave up on messing with that.

Not long after, he heard his comm badge go off with a request for Security to the Promenade to handle a fight, between a few Klingons and that Freighter Captain he had already pissed off. He tapped his comm badge and replied with, "Lieutenant Tritter to Agent McCarthy, on my way" He would than rise to his feet, exit his office and make his way to a nearby Turbolift, he would duck slightly and step inside. He keyed for the Promenade and the doors slid shut, he tapped his foot, he didn't like waiting in a confined space like this. Once it slid to a stop, he ducked and exited it. He would make his way onto the Promenade and to the location of the fight... A bar, not a surprise that this is where it would happen. And he really didn't have the patience for drunks right now.

He would study the situation quickly, he focused on the largest of the Klingons and said to the man, "Shouldn't you pick a fight with someone your own size?" He knew what he was getting into, but he wasn't in the mood to play games with them at the moment. The Klingon looked at the Chief, growled slightly at him and said, "Perhaps you'd prefer to tango?" Tritter looked at the man, he replied with a calm, "If you challenge me, I can assure you of this, I'd easily embarrass you in front of your friends." The Klingon apparently didn't believe the Chief, and boy, they would be sorry. They attempted to rush the Chief, who easily stepped out of the way, grabbing their right arm in the process, forcing it behind their back, their fist between their shoulder blades and Tritter put a medium amount of well placed force on the elbow, pushing it upwards towards their head, the Klingon had resisted, trying to get out of the hold the Chief had on him, the man than let out a loud yelp. In the process of their struggling, they had broken their shoulder and that pretty much took the fight out of the man. The other two Klingons had decided it would be smart to go back to getting sloshed and not pissing off the Chief.

Tritter would than tap his comm badge, he would state the following "Cadet Aviad, I have a Klingon with a broken shoulder and a bad case of ego bruising, I can either bring them to you or you can come get your new charge" He would than cast a look towards Jett, "You can get out from under the table now" He grumbled a bit to himself, as his head started to split once again, today was not his day and this was going to be a long shift at this rate.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Rosiuh Aviad

Tritter wasn't much in the mood for working today, but such was life. The man had more than a bit of a headache from indulging in the demon in the bottle, but it worked for him and since there was no one to see it, it is as if it didn't happen. He had taken a more than hot shower this morning, he had changed into a clean and pressed uniform. He also had taken a few pills to help ease the pain in his head, before he showered that was, as they took about an hour to work on him. He had started the day with reviewing the reports from both Beta and Gamma shifts, there was nothing of note, except for a spat between a Ferengi and a Klingon over a trade deal that went south, the thought of it made his head split even more, so he gave up on messing with that.

Not long after, he heard his comm badge go off with a request for Security to the Promenade to handle a fight, between a few Klingons and that Freighter Captain he had already pissed off. He tapped his comm badge and replied with, "Lieutenant Tritter to Agent McCarthy, on my way" He would than rise to his feet, exit his office and make his way to a nearby Turbolift, he would duck slightly and step inside. He keyed for the Promenade and the doors slid shut, he tapped his foot, he didn't like waiting in a confined space like this. Once it slid to a stop, he ducked and exited it. He would make his way onto the Promenade and to the location of the fight... A bar, not a surprise that this is where it would happen. And he really didn't have the patience for drunks right now.

He would study the situation quickly, he focused on the largest of the Klingons and said to the man, "Shouldn't you pick a fight with someone your own size?" He knew what he was getting into, but he wasn't in the mood to play games with them at the moment. The Klingon looked at the Chief, growled slightly at him and said, "Perhaps you'd prefer to tango?" Tritter looked at the man, he replied with a calm, "If you challenge me, I can assure you of this, I'd easily embarrass you in front of your friends." The Klingon apparently didn't believe the Chief, and boy, they would be sorry. They attempted to rush the Chief, who easily stepped out of the way, grabbing their right arm in the process, forcing it behind their back, their fist between their shoulder blades and Tritter put a medium amount of well placed force on the elbow, pushing it upwards towards their head, the Klingon had resisted, trying to get out of the hold the Chief had on him, the man than let out a loud yelp. In the process of their struggling, they had broken their shoulder and that pretty much took the fight out of the man. The other two Klingons had decided it would be smart to go back to getting sloshed and not pissing off the Chief.

Tritter would than tap his comm badge, he would state the following "Cadet Aviad, I have a Klingon with a broken shoulder and a bad case of ego bruising, I can either bring them to you or you can come get your new charge" He would than cast a look towards Jett, "You can get out from under the table now" He grumbled a bit to himself, as his head started to split once again, today was not his day and this was going to be a long shift at this rate.

[Sick Bay]

Rosiuh's head came up as he got a flash of apprehension then a flare of anger that sparked bright and grew larger. Cautiously he opened his perceptions seeking the source. His eyes went wide and unfocused as he let himself seek out the emotional source, lips drawing back from his teeth in a very Klingon gesture of anger. Finding what he needed to know Rosiuh closed himself off again with an apologetic look at Zex. "I'm sorry. We're going to be needed." He offered in a non-sequitur as his face smoothed over in an instant. Once more calm, approachable, and friendly. Almost apologetic as he turned and picked up his medical tricorder and a kit bag. Slinging the strap over his shoulder he explained. "There's a fight starting. Tempers are getting out of hand. I sense the combatants may be intoxicated. Things may get, " He paused again, eyes flaring as he suddenly winced.

The Chief's call for him came over the commlink at that same moment. Rosiuh tapped his own badge. =/\= Medical is in route, Sir. I will meet you there.=/\= He responded tersely as he made his way out the door.

Black eyes glanced back at Zex. "Care to come help pick up the pieces or would you rather hold down the fort?" He asked with a wry smile as he turned a entered an order into the computer and retrieved the filled hypospray from the dispensary. Checking it clinically before he placed it in the kit bag.

Hust Kinun

[Bar]

With the rapid arrival of security, Hust had found the best course of action to stay behind Tritter and help if needed... and his help was not needed. The security chief proved his worth quickly and took out the attackers, as medical also was called.

He didn't say anything but unlike last time he had been in a bar with security, he was not the focus of their efforts. He simply stayed out of the way until or unless he was called for. He looked around the bystanders, judging reactions and moods. Some were excited to see the action, some wishing it had gone on longer, and others annoyed it took place at all. With the smoke in this place it was obviously not up to code completely, and with the passing of latinum, it appeared that some folks had been betting on the outcome of the fight. No deaths had upset some wagers.

Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Thomas Jett

[Black Sun's Á¢â,¬"œ Bar]

Thomas stood looking at the three Klingons and he had his back turned into the Dom-Jot table.  He noticed in the background people cheering and clamoring for blood.  The took the pool stick and snapped the wood in half.  Each hand held half of the stick.

He figured as Klingons they were trained warriors, but they did not know the man that they were fighting against.

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on February 01, 2017, 02:42:14 AM

From under the table, a female figure came out.  In her hand she had a Starfleet commbadge, which she showed to the Chief of Security.  After showing the commbadge she discreetly placed it in her purse.  She was not wearing a Starfleet Uniform rather a long red dress.
The badge was a hint to the Chief that she was Agent McCarthy and called for the aid.  As she stood up from hiding under the table, she turned towards her "savior".  "Thank you for the assist, Security officer...?"  She inquired with her British accent.

She then with a well acted grateful smile hugged the Chief of Security as she hugged him she then whispered in his hear "Be careful, with Jett...he is not what he appears to me" .

As she finished the hug she acted a faint...she wanted the appearance that she was a delicate lady and damsel in distress.  "ohh...I was soo scared"  She commented as she layed in the ground.

[Thomas]

Tom looked at the "lady" fainting and could not help but give a slight chuckle.  He rolled his eyes as he saw the scene unfolding.  Thomas then commented "Y'know I had that under control...they didn't know bar rules...you can't bring knifes on a Dom-Jot game...seriously...they were lacking bar manners"  Tom finished that sentence with a half smile as he attempted to be funny.

"But...hey I appreciate the assist...let me know if you ever need a good pilot"  He said.

Before too many questions were going to be asked he attempted to leave the bar.  He placed the two broken pieces of the pool cue in the table and began walking.  He was hoping that no one stopped him.  He showed little concern for the lady in the red outfit.

Malcolm Adeyemi

[CO's Office]

After Wu had left, Stafford slid over a PADD with some orders on it over to Howell.

"We've got a lot of work ahead of us, Dan." The captain said. "Admiral Kirok is going to have us take the Gibson out for a spin. I'd like you to oversee the retrofitting of it. I'll give the orders to the engineering department and to flight. I'm also going to see Chief Tritter and brief him as much as I can. I'm afraid that I don't entirely know all the pieces of the puzzle. So I'm afraid I'll have to play this one close to the chest. You understand."

"Well," Stafford said as he stood up to leave. "I'm off. I'm sure you have a lot of work to do. The department heads will be contacting us when they're ready. I'll see you on the Gibson once is prepared."

Kirok

Quote from: Rosiuh Aviad on February 01, 2017, 03:22:06 AM

[Sick Bay]

Rosiuh's head came up as he got a flash of apprehension then a flare of anger that sparked bright and grew larger. Cautiously he opened his perceptions seeking the source. His eyes went wide and unfocused as he let himself seek out the emotional source, lips drawing back from his teeth in a very Klingon gesture of anger. Finding what he needed to know Rosiuh closed himself off again with an apologetic look at Zex. "I'm sorry. We're going to be needed." He offered in a non-sequitur as his face smoothed over in an instant. Once more calm, approachable, and friendly. Almost apologetic as he turned and picked up his medical tricorder and a kit bag. Slinging the strap over his shoulder he explained. "There's a fight starting. Tempers are getting out of hand. I sense the combatants may be intoxicated. Things may get, " He paused again, eyes flaring as he suddenly winced.

The Chief's call for him came over the commlink at that same moment. Rosiuh tapped his own badge. =/\= Medical is in route, Sir. I will meet you there.=/\= He responded tersely as he made his way out the door.

Black eyes glanced back at Zex. "Care to come help pick up the pieces or would you rather hold down the fort?" He asked with a wry smile as he turned a entered an order into the computer and retrieved the filled hypospray from the dispensary. Checking it clinically before he placed it in the kit bag.

[Sick Bay]

Zex watched while her colleague appeared to be reading others thoughts or emotions.  She has never seen anything like it and was about to say as much.  But then the hale had some in asking for assistance.

"I'll take the fort" Zex said decisively.  "But if you do find that you need an extra pair of hands, I can get there quickly.  Promise" the Deltan replied.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Thomas Jett on February 01, 2017, 03:57:22 PM

[Black Sun's Á¢â,¬"œ Bar]

Thomas stood looking at the three Klingons and he had his back turned into the Dom-Jot table.  He noticed in the background people cheering and clamoring for blood.  The took the pool stick and snapped the wood in half.  Each hand held half of the stick.

He figured as Klingons they were trained warriors, but they did not know the man that they were fighting against.

From under the table, a female figure came out.  In her hand she had a Starfleet commbadge, which she showed to the Chief of Security.  After showing the commbadge she discreetly placed it in her purse.  She was not wearing a Starfleet Uniform rather a long red dress.
The badge was a hint to the Chief that she was Agent McCarthy and called for the aid.  As she stood up from hiding under the table, she turned towards her "savior".  "Thank you for the assist, Security officer...?"  She inquired with her British accent.

She then with a well acted grateful smile hugged the Chief of Security as she hugged him she then whispered in his hear "Be careful, with Jett...he is not what he appears to me" .

As she finished the hug she acted a faint...she wanted the appearance that she was a delicate lady and damsel in distress.  "ohh...I was soo scared"  She commented as she layed in the ground.

[Thomas]

Tom looked at the "lady" fainting and could not help but give a slight chuckle.  He rolled his eyes as he saw the scene unfolding.  Thomas then commented "Y'know I had that under control...they didn't know bar rules...you can't bring knifes on a Dom-Jot game...seriously...they were lacking bar manners"  Tom finished that sentence with a half smile as he attempted to be funny.

"But...hey I appreciate the assist...let me know if you ever need a good pilot"  He said.

Before too many questions were going to be asked he attempted to leave the bar.  He placed the two broken pieces of the pool cue in the table and began walking.  He was hoping that no one stopped him.  He showed little concern for the lady in the red outfit.

Tritter had gotten the Klingon to take a seat at one of the tables, the fight in the man was gone and he was holding onto his badly broken shoulder. Tritter than noticed the female come out from under the table, he looked at her curiously. He studied her closely, as she approached him, it made him a bit... edgy when she did that. He wasn't able to reply before she hugged him and that really made his adrenaline start pumping... He wasn't a fan of it, she was in his space and he wasn't even... interested.

He stated to her "Hands off Agent", he is not happy at all about the situation and he also wondered if she would be attempting to harm him, he also wasn't a fan of the fact that he'd come home with perfume on him, and his spouse would not be thrilled with him. He managed to get her to break the hug, in the best... polite way he could. He would than watch her faint... Although he knew it was fake, he raised an eye brow slightly, the man simply offer her his right hand to help her up, if she thought he was going to pick her up... She's sorely mistaken. He to be honest, was a bit miffed at her Á¢â,¬"œ since she is going to negatively effect his "outside of work" life.

He would than simply ask her, "Are you ok Agent?" Although he really wondered what kind of Intelligence Officer puts on such a... show. He had no interest in stopping Jett at this time, as he was off of the Security Chief's radar... He hoped Medical showed up soon, so he could leave and get away from the Agent who seemingly has a "thing" for the man.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Luke Stafford on January 31, 2017, 02:20:40 PM

[CO's Office]

CO's Office
Howell walked into the Captain's office to see someone else in there as well, at that time, Dan wasn't sure who it was. He was introduced to the officer and in his head was surprised to receive the base was receiving another JAG Officer, but hey ho, just go with the flow is what Howell has come to learn.

Quote from: Alexander Wu on January 31, 2017, 11:35:25 PM

[CO's Office]

"Commander, good to meet you." Alex rose from his seat, instantly sensing Luke's change of decorum and adapting appropriately. "On a station this size, I'm sure we'll be working quite alot together." He added with a smile, offering his hand to the XO.

"Not a problem, I'll go find my bunk." Alex slung his bag back up, nodding at both men before heading for the door. "Mr.Howell, Captain."

"Likewise." Howell replied, extending his hand. As Alex went to leave the room, he politely addressed Howell and Stafford to which Howell replied "See ya around." before turning his attention back to the Captain.

Quote from: Luke Stafford on February 01, 2017, 08:11:02 PM

[CO's Office]

After Wu had left, Stafford slid over a PADD with some orders on it over to Howell.

"We've got a lot of work ahead of us, Dan." The captain said. "Admiral Kirok is going to have us take the Gibson out for a spin. I'd like you to oversee the retrofitting of it. I'll give the orders to the engineering department and to flight. I'm also going to see Chief Tritter and brief him as much as I can. I'm afraid that I don't entirely know all the pieces of the puzzle. So I'm afraid I'll have to play this one close to the chest. You understand."

"Well," Stafford said as he stood up to leave. "I'm off. I'm sure you have a lot of work to do. The department heads will be contacting us when they're ready. I'll see you on the Gibson once is prepared."

Once Wu had left to wrong, a PADD was slid over to Howell which he picked up, with what were clearly orders written on it. The Captain started speaking so Dan glanced back up from the PADD. "These retrofits will take a bit of time, but I'll ensure there done as quick as possible." Dan was an engineer by trade so he knew a lot of what was going on when it came to retrofitting, but he'd never done it on the scale of a ship. Refit yes; Retrofit, no. Dan was never comfortable with missions that not even the CO didn't know the full details of which made him slightly worried. As the Captain got up to leave, Howell made an about turn towards the door, allowing Stafford to overtake him "Aye Captain." Dan replied before leaving the CO's office and breaking ways to head to his office to read through the orders properly and wait to be informed by engineering when they were ready to commence the retrofit.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Alexander Wu

[Deck 218, Section 12 Echo]

Finding his quarters didn't take long, since whomever put together his joining instructions had thoughtfully included a station schematic. Eyeing the empty slot where his nameplate would eventually be attached, Alex touched the controls, thankful that had already been biometrically programmed as the door slid open.

Well that's one benefit of being on a starbase, he thought to himself, taken aback by the size allotted to him. What on earth am I going to fill this space with? He had seen family quarters smaller than this before on starships, it was even larger than the captain's quarters on Discovery. A dining area complete with table and chairs shared the main room alongside a large L-shaped couch facing the holoscreen. The bedroom was separate, with a walk-in closet and ensuite bathroom. There was even a tub, something Alex had never seen before in personal quarters. "No wonder Luke accepted this post." He said aloud to himself, dropping his bag onto the bed. "His probably came with a private restaurant and amusement park."

Unpacking didn't take long. The few changes of clothes he did have went into the closet, more could be replicated later. Placing some picture frames and several other personal items out in the living area completed it. Over the years, he had learnt not to keep anything too important or irreplaceable in his quarters; starships tended to become uninhabitable at the most inopportune times. Once he was done, Alex glanced at the chronometer. Lunch and then work. Slipping a PADD into his cargo pocket, he headed back out the door for the turbolifts. Let's see what this promenade has to offer.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.