Season 1: Prologue

Started by Kirok, January 24, 2017, 04:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non-Playing Character 2

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 26, 2017, 04:56:54 PM

James smiled at the friendly stranger.  He nodded at the stranger as he took the seat in front of the stranger.  He seemed like a decent enough person.  As he said he heard him mentioning his comment about his father.  "œYes..I hear that my father is a great man, for me he is just a father someone that I will never outlive his shadow"¦but thanks my grandpa is one of the main reasons I joined Starfleet, I know he is proud"

He received the glass and tapped it with Mr. Sloan across the table with him.  He took a sip of the beverage.  It tasted a little more watered down than the real thing, but he expected as such since it was replicated.   "œThank you for the complement, I still can't believe it"¦I heard the new ship is going to be huge"

He heard the implied offer for the captain.  He looked a little shocked for a second and then looked around.  For a second he stood silent.  He nervously touched his chin with his right hand as he wondered how to respond to the gentleman.  Á,"œI am grateful for the"¦um confidence given to me.  But, being a Captain is something that is not given"¦ it's earned.  I think is quite an honor to serve on a big ship than being a Captain on a small ship.  I know my Dad and grandpa would love it, but I can't accept special treatment just because I am a HawkeÁ,"  James responded

Before he finished James said "œI know"¦I know"¦Dad, told me that sometimes I am young and stupidÁ,"¦and I am probably stupid Á,"œ  He finished and gave a nervous laugh "œBut, I rather work for the Federation and be a value for it than myself"

[Tempest - Lounge]

"That's quite a unique perspective.  I dare say that I have never heard a Hawke say it before. In fact, I would bet that your Grandad and Father would be a bit put out if they were to hear that you would pass up such an opportunity" Luther replied casually.  He took another sip of his drink, giving Hawke the opportunity to change his mind.

Non-Playing Character 2

Quote from: Sevoc on January 26, 2017, 07:03:16 PM

[Promenade - Bar]

"Logically," Sevoc began, "if one in your position were too ' throw a surprise party' as you put it sir, then you could easily say it was an inspection of ship and crew and have no need for these mundane human games."

The Andorian was feeling more irritated than normal. He had a very suspicious feeling he was dealing with a member of Section 31. He quickly surmised to tread lightly with his next responses given what had became his last adventure with the crew of the Columbus.

[Promenade - Bar]

Luther cocked his head slightly, but managed to maintain his smile.  "It must be hard for you.  An Andorian/Vulcan trying to fit into a Human world.  Adapting to our Human ways even when they don't make logical sense to you" he said.

"Believe me, I know how to pull off a good surprise party.  But if your not able to help me, it ok.  I just hope it doesn't reflect badly on you when I have to go ask Stafford for another candidate" Luther added with a slight curl to his smile.

Non-Playing Character 2

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 26, 2017, 05:11:00 AM

[Starbase Edmund - Personal Quarters]

T'Ra took little comfort in the man's passive gesture. He didn't pose a physical threat. Her Vulcan strength was usually more than enough against a human's, so that wasn't what troubled her. It was his mind, his seeming ability to spin and weave those sticky webs, to know things he couldn't know. "That's private," she breathed. She wasn't referring to his facts, or the fact which he claimed was from the future. For all anyone else knew, Evan was her trusted aide and good friend. There were no facts to say otherwise. So that begged the question of how.

She could feel Evan's eyes on her as she pushed the thought aside. She could not let this man, this stranger, pull her strings. So T'Ra steeled herself in the way only a Vulcan could. "You still have not given a sufficient information to convince me to betray an old friend." She paused to collect her thoughts, which Evan took as a sign to but in, and he did so without so much as batting an eye.

"Who is this prisoner anyways? Surely they're under arrest for good reason. How is releasing him supposed to prevent my death?"

Luther lifted his head and smiled.  "It may be private, but that does not make it untrue.  In fact, if Evan lives history shows that you take his hand in marriage.  You will wear the ring his father gave to his mother on their wedding day.  And you will have his children.  If he lives" he said.

"The prisoner will be a new member of Section 31.  He has committed no crimes other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  If he remains a prisoner on the ship, it will be attacked.  You die during that attack" he said.

"I wish I could say more.  But my oath to protect the time lime forbids me from saying more.  I'm sure you understand" Luther added.   

Sevoc

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 2 on January 27, 2017, 12:30:06 AM

[Promenade - Bar]

Luther cocked his head slightly, but managed to maintain his smile.  "It must be hard for you.  An Andorian/Vulcan trying to fit into a Human world.  Adapting to our Human ways even when they don't make logical sense to you" he said.

"Believe me, I know how to pull off a good surprise party.  But if your not able to help me, it ok.  I just hope it doesn't reflect badly on you when I have to go ask Stafford for another candidate" Luther added with a slight curl to his smile.

Sevoc was faced with an issue he had not expected. His career was basically being held hostage in exchange for this charade. He considered his options quickly as his antennae shifted left and right in thought.

"As I am currently in no real position to bargain, sir," he began, "it is only logical that I comply with this 'order.' That does not mean that I agree with the method, but if Starfleet feels the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one, then it shall be done on my watch."

The hybrid was less than thrilled that his career would be in jeopardy over something that reeked of an act the was of a less than savory nature. He only wanted to do what was best for Starfleet and the Federation. Plain and simple. He knew this assignment would further that end.

[OOC note: The italicized Starfleet is to convey a tone of suspicion in Sevoc's mind.]

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Alex Harmon

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 2 on January 26, 2017, 09:20:26 PM

[Conference Room - Starbase]

Luther smiled widely.  He was obviously happy with the man's reply.  He leaned in a bit closer to Alex.

"Yes, Mr. Harmon.  You will be an Intelligence Agent.  Your collar will be black" he said.

"You will have a separate station to work from on the Bridge.  But you will still fall under the Sec/Tac department.  At least for now" he added.

"Justin Conwell will eventually serve as a resource for you.  But I can make myself available to you as needed.  In fact, I will be meeting up with you in roughly 21 days after the ship is launched.  Secretly, of course, which will take a bit of planning on your part" he said.

[Conference Room]

"Alright, I understand. I'm going to need help from other crew members or else my job will be much more difficult. Do I have permission to recruit other crew members to help me if I think they are trustworthy? I'll also need any evidence against Kirok or materials that could prove damaging to him," Alex asked. "Profiles on this Justin Conwell and other crewmembers would also be helpful. As much as I hate to admit it, I can't do this on my own. Not on a ship with 2500 people."

James H. Hawk's Alt

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 2 on January 27, 2017, 12:51:25 AM

Luther lifted his head and smiled.  "It may be private, but that does not make it untrue.  In fact, if Evan lives history shows that you take his hand in marriage.  You will wear the ring his father gave to his mother on their wedding day.  And you will have his children.  If he lives" he said.

"The prisoner will be a new member of Section 31.  He has committed no crimes other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  If he remains a prisoner on the ship, it will be attacked.  You die during that attack" he said.

"I wish I could say more.  But my oath to protect the time lime forbids me from saying more.  I'm sure you understand" Luther added.

[Starbase Edmund - Personal quarters]

T'Ra was essentially shocked to the point of silence, at a complete loss for words. This stranger had done more than just wade into private waters, going even further and into uncharted territory.

Her gaze shifted back to Evan to find his eyes bright and full of hope. They had never discussed the notion of marriage, of children. They had never needed to, content with each other's companionship. But she could see from the look in his eyes that this was a matter tucked deep away in his heart.

The stranger continued, forcing her thoughts back to the present. Section 31, she mused, not entirely surprised at this revelation. It all screamed cloak and dagger. She wasn't likely to get any more information, so she had to be satisfied what what she knew. "I just have one further question then,"  she replied. "Why come to me, not Kirok?"

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

James A. Hawke

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 2 on January 26, 2017, 09:45:15 PM

[Tempest - Lounge]

"That's quite a unique perspective.  I dare say that I have never heard a Hawke say it before. In fact, I would bet that your Grandad and Father would be a bit put out if they were to hear that you would pass up such an opportunity" Luther replied casually.  He took another sip of his drink, giving Hawke the opportunity to change his mind.

James looked down and gave a small chuckle.  With his glass at hand he took a small sip  and responded frankly "Yeah, I know that's why my dad looks down at me"  As he took a sip he inquired "How do you know my dad?"

Click on the Badge to see bio

Non-Playing Character 2

Quote from: Sevoc on January 27, 2017, 12:56:03 AM

Sevoc was faced with an issue he had not expected. His career was basically being held hostage in exchange for this charade. He considered his options quickly as his antennae shifted left and right in thought.

"As I am currently in no real position to bargain, sir," he began, "it is only logical that I comply with this 'order.' That does not mean that I agree with the method, but if Starfleet feels the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one, then it shall be done on my watch."

The hybrid was less than thrilled that his career would be in jeopardy over something that reeked of an act the was of a less than savory nature. He only wanted to do what was best for Starfleet and the Federation. Plain and simple. He knew this assignment would further that end.

[OOC note: The italicized Starfleet is to convey a tone of suspicion in Sevoc's mind.]

[Starbase - Promenade Bar]

"Thank you, Mr. Sevoc.  I will make certain you new CO hear how helpful your are at the surprise party" Luther replied.  He stood, chugged his drink, and then placed the empty glass on the table.  "If you will excuse me, I have another meeting to attend to" he said.

Non-Playing Character 2

Quote from: Alex Harmon on January 27, 2017, 02:08:26 AM

[Conference Room]

"Alright, I understand. I'm going to need help from other crew members or else my job will be much more difficult. Do I have permission to recruit other crew members to help me if I think they are trustworthy? I'll also need any evidence against Kirok or materials that could prove damaging to him," Alex asked. "Profiles on this Justin Conwell and other crewmembers would also be helpful. As much as I hate to admit it, I can't do this on my own. Not on a ship with 2500 people."

[Starbase - Conference Room]

"Of course, Agent Harmon.  But use extreme discursion in choosing whom you recruit.  Otherwise, your operation might be shut down by Admiral Kirok before it makes much head way" Luther replied.

"I will send you the information I have.  And take this" Luther added as he pulled out a secret com device and handed to Alex.  "You can contact me threw this devise.  And I can contact you threw it as well" he said.

Non-Playing Character 2

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 27, 2017, 05:51:23 AM

T'Ra was essentially shocked to the point of silence, at a complete loss for words. This stranger had done more than just wade into private waters, going even further and into uncharted territory.

Her gaze shifted back to Evan to find his eyes bright and full of hope. They had never discussed the notion of marriage, of children. They had never needed to, content with each other's companionship. But she could see from the look in his eyes that this was a matter tucked deep away in his heart.

The stranger continued, forcing her thoughts back to the present. Section 31, she mused, not entirely surprised at this revelation. It all screamed cloak and dagger. She wasn't likely to get any more information, so she had to be satisfied what what she knew. "I just have one further question then,"  she replied. "Why come to me, not Kirok?"

Luther smiles again as he was ready for this question.  "Kirok is a nice enough man.  That is for certain.  But he would never put the needs of one person above the needs the many" he explained.

"But his logic has become clouded by his obsessive focus on this one issue.  As such, he would dismiss this request without a thought.  Despite the effect it will have on you and Evan" Sloan added with a slight shrug.

Non-Playing Character 2

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 27, 2017, 04:57:04 PM

James looked down and gave a small chuckle.  With his glass at hand he took a small sip  and responded frankly "œYeah, I know that's why my dad looks down at me"  As he took a sip he inquired "œHow do you know my dad?"

[Tempest - Lounge]

Sloan considered the man's reply for a moment.  "Your dad and I worked together for many years.  He always spoke so highly of you" he remarked.

"But he was a man who kept his emotions to himself.  God rest his soul" he said raising his glass in a toast and then finishing it off.  "Well, it was good meeting you.  But I must be off.  If you should change your mind, please let your Grandfather know" he said as he stood.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 2 on January 27, 2017, 09:41:14 PM

Luther smiles again as he was ready for this question.  "Kirok is a nice enough man.  That is for certain.  But he would never put the needs of one person above the needs the many" he explained.

"But his logic has become clouded by his obsessive focus on this one issue.  As such, he would dismiss this request without a thought.  Despite the effect it will have on you and Evan" Sloan added with a slight shrug.

"A very well known and practical Vulcan philosophy, just as revered among my people as the Prime Directive," she tersely replied. T'Ra shifted in her chair. This man had given them little information and it was impossible to expect anything more. She was still reviewing it and reevaluating as she added, "Surely what affect it has on Evan and me is of little consequence in regards to the needs of the many." But if what he claimed did come to pass, it wouldn't be just their lives at stake but those of the whole crew.

Evan, though, was more subjective to the immediate matter, bursting once again into the conversation. "Do you mean to say the guy's emotionally compromised?"

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Non-Playing Character 2

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 27, 2017, 11:00:58 PM

"A very well known and practical Vulcan philosophy, just as revered among my people as the Prime Directive," she tersely replied. T'Ra shifted in her chair. This man had given them little information and it was impossible to expect anything more. She was still reviewing it and reevaluating as she added, "Surely what affect it has on Evan and me is of little consequence in regards to the needs of the many." But if what he claimed did come to pass, it wouldn't be just their lives at stake but those of the whole crew.

Evan, though, was more subjective to the immediate matter, bursting once again into the conversation. "Do you mean to say the guy's emotionally compromised?"

Luther cocked his head.  "I'm not a doctor, medical or psychological, so I could not say for sure.  But oddly enough you are not the first Starfleet Officer in the recent past to ask that question" he said.

He let the obvious implication hang between them for a moment.  Then he stood.  "Well, I should be off" he said.

Alex Harmon

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 2 on January 27, 2017, 09:34:48 PM

[Starbase - Conference Room]

"Of course, Agent Harmon.  But use extreme discursion in choosing whom you recruit.  Otherwise, your operation might be shut down by Admiral Kirok before it makes much head way" Luther replied.

"I will send you the information I have.  And take this" Luther added as he pulled out a secret com device and handed to Alex.  "You can contact me threw this devise.  And I can contact you threw it as well" he said.

[Conference Room]

"Don't worry, I'll be careful. Kirok won't know what's going on," Alex resured the man whom had seemingly became his handler. He took the communication device and put it in his pocket. "What do I call you?"

James H. Hawk's Alt

LK Reede

[USS Shran - Personal Quarters]

Ensign LK Reede tossed her duffle bag in the direction of the bed but stood in the middle of the room, hands on hips. Four years at the academy, only a few weeks on the Star Base Columbus and she was transferred to a star ship.

Grinning, she slowly turned in a small circle to survey her new home. Not much to see. Two single beds (her roommate hadn't arrived yet), bath and shower tucked off into a discrete corner, a set of low profile dressers and two small closets. It was all she'd need but, still, quarters of her own would be welcome.

Got to get promoted before I get to room alone, she thought.

Looking at the padd she still carried in her right hand, she decided to unpack after checking in with the doctor for her physical then finding her way to the security office.

Leaving the small room, LK followed the padd's instructions to sickbay.

[Sickbay - deck 9]

The doors slid open in front of her. LK smoothed her tunic (which didn't need to be smoothed) as she looked around.

"Doctor? Anyone here?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.