Author Topic: Hitchin' a Ride (Kurv and Stafford)  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hitchin' a Ride (Kurv and Stafford)
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 04:02:22 am »
[CO's Office]

"What you want or hope or think is too strict doesn't matter to me, son," Stafford said, bulling right over him. "The damage is done, the wine has spilled, the wench is pregnant."

With that folksy idiom, the captain closed the book and sighed.

"You've put me in a hard spot, Kurv." He said gently. "You've committed a crime. You're also, I think, a lost soul and a brilliant man. What would you have me do with you?"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:05:02 am by Luke Stafford »

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • That is most illogical...
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 12:32:02 am »
[CO's Office]

"Well, sir, if I were in your shoes," Kurv began, "I would do one of two things. First, and what is more likely to me, is throw me in the brig and contact my parents. The second is to put me to work knowing the ins and outs of Starfleet to make sure I know what I would be getting myself into if this doesn't ruin my chances."

The young Andorian began to fidget with his borrowed uniform. He hoped, against hope really, that the latter was going to be the course of action taken.

"If you do choose to allow me to stay, I'm more than willing to do anything. Even if that means emptying every rubbish bin on the Starbase. I mop anything that needed it Preform maintenance on various things that would need it. You could even send me on any missions that could be considered dangerous to spare the lives of you crew."

Kurv decided to make this proposal to help secure the response he was now praying for.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 01:11:49 pm »
[CO's Office]

"I have to notify your parents." Stafford stressed. "You can see that, can't you? You're a young boy who found his way onto my station. I'm a Starfleet officer and...I'm a parent myself, believe it or not. Your parents are probably worried sick."

"However," The captain went on. "If you like, I will also include a letter from you to them indicating you want to stay on here at the Columbus, and that I would personally oversee your development. That is part of the deal, Kurv. If you're on my station you are my responsibility. With you, even more so. If you think that's a good deal, here's a PADD and you can start writing the letter to your parents. If not, I can have you back on Andoria in a few days. Think about it, son. If you stay here it won't be easy."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:25:49 am by Luke Stafford »

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 01:16:33 am »
CO's Office

Kurv breathed a sigh of relief. There was a brief moment of panic. He couldn't help but wonder just what he had gotten himself into.

"I... I will write my parents a letter, sir," he said nervously as reached for the PADD. "Your deal is more than fair. I am ready to do anything you order you may have. As soon as you allow me to go, I will get the letter made. Thank you so much for this."

Kurv was relieved and excited at his opportunity. He was finally getting the chance to live it his dream.

Alt for Leo

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 03:14:22 pm »
[CO's Office]

"You won't want to thank me soon. I'll make sure of it." Stafford told the younger man, his voice hard and firm. "Now take that damned uniform off, cadet. You've got work to do."

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 01:16:08 am »
CO's Office

"Ye... Yes sir," Kurv replied with nervous enthusiasm. "What is the next thing you would like for me to do?"

He was still amazed that he would be given the opportunity to fulfill his dream, despite the way he came about it.

Alt for Leo

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles