Hitchin' a Ride (Kurv and Stafford)

Started by Sevoc, January 09, 2017, 02:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevoc

Kurv had always wanted to explore the galaxy. He finally mustered up the resolve and told his parents he would be leaving on an adventure. There was a civilian freighter, the S. S. Bourbonais, that was set to depart Andoria and it was not going to leave without him on it.

He was able to barter his way on by handing over all the latinum he had saved up over the passed year. The trip was a fun little jaunt. He stayed out of the way of the crew and specifically the captain. Once they docked at Columbus, he knew he found where he would start the adventure with the pink skins.

Once on the Starbase, Kurv decided to "borrow" a uniform and start to walk around the base to get familiar with it. Eventually he worked his way to the promenade. He found a nice little place to get some food. The sign out front said Truffles.

He found a seat and ordered what was called fish and chips with a synthehol Andorian Ale. His food arrived and began to eat.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Malcolm Adeyemi

Truffle's

The Starbase Columbus was much more than an outpost for the Federation, it was an entire city of people come together. It had a pulse, it had its moods. It had a music all its own. When Captain Stafford wanted to listen to the beat he usually found his way to Truffle's Bar and Grill.

"Garbage plate with streak fires," Stafford said to the bartender by way of greeting.

"I'll get on it," The bartender said, well aware the CO's proclivities. Stafford didn't mind being kept waiting for his food, but he did like it made fresh and prepared with as much care and love as possible. It wasn't left up to replicators or low down kitchen help. "Like a drink, captain?"

"Andorian ale," Stafford answered, and took his usual seat at the bar.

Truffle's was a kind of unofficial holding of court for the civilians on the base. Though they had just as much rights as any other person living on the Columbus to meet with him through Federation channels, the fact that the captain was often at Promenade restaurants made things much easier on them. Here they could talk to the man, not his uniform, and his mood was often elated when he was presented with food and drink.

His plate was set before him: two extra large burger patties with shredded onions, on a bed of thick cut, just greasy enough streak fries, topped with a measure of chili, Béchamel sauce, and a gooey orange cheese. The entire plate gave off the odor of hardy, unhealthy sustenance. The beef was perfectly rare but crispy around the edges, and the onions in it were not overpowering. The combination of the Béchamel and cheese formed a harmonious white and orange melody of scent and sight. The chili looked spicy and thick with beans. And the Andorian ale next to it was a crystal clear blue, in a large shot glass.

Stafford was about to take his first bite when he saw an Andorian officer nearby tucking in himself. He could not say that he knew the young fellow by sight, but his people were rare enough in Starfleet and even on the station. He decided he would like some company with his meal.

"Hey there, cadet! Like to join me?"

Sevoc

Quote from: Luke Stafford on January 09, 2017, 03:00:29 PM

Truffle's

The Starbase Columbus was much more than an outpost for the Federation, it was an entire city of people come together. It had a pulse, it had its moods. It had a music all its own. When Captain Stafford wanted to listen to the beat he usually found his way to Truffle's Bar and Grill.

"Garbage plate with streak fires," Stafford said to the bartender by way of greeting.

"I'll get on it," The bartender said, well aware the CO's proclivities. Stafford didn't mind being kept waiting for his food, but he did like it made fresh and prepared with as much care and love as possible. It wasn't left up to replicators or low down kitchen help. "Like a drink, captain?"

"Andorian ale," Stafford answered, and took his usual seat at the bar.

Truffle's was a kind of unofficial holding of court for the civilians on the base. Though they had just as much rights as any other person living on the Columbus to meet with him through Federation channels, the fact that the captain was often at Promenade restaurants made things much easier on them. Here they could talk to the man, not his uniform, and his mood was often elated when he was presented with food and drink.

His plate was set before him: two extra large burger patties with shredded onions, on a bed of thick cut, just greasy enough streak fries, topped with a measure of chili, Béchamel sauce, and a gooey orange cheese. The entire plate gave off the odor of hardy, unhealthy sustenance. The beef was perfectly rare but crispy around the edges, and the onions in it were not overpowering. The combination of the Béchamel and cheese formed a harmonious white and orange melody of scent and sight. The chili looked spicy and thick with beans. And the Andorian ale next to it was a crystal clear blue, in a large shot glass.

Stafford was about to take his first bite when he saw an Andorian officer nearby tucking in himself. He could not say that he knew the young fellow by sight, but his people were rare enough in Starfleet and even on the station. He decided he would like some company with his meal.

"Hey there, cadet! Like to join me?"

{Truffles}

"Uh, erm, sure," Kurv responded not entirely sure how to respond.

He gathered his plate and glass and joined to older gentlemen.

"I'm Kurv. I just got here from home a short time ago," he said. He wanted to be friendly, but try not to reveal too much.

Alt for Leo

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Truffle's]

"Kurv, eh? Good Andorian name." Stafford said. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, young man. I'm Captain Luke Stafford."

Stafford shoveled a great deal of fries, chili, sauces, and meat into his mouth. His eyes rolled in pleasure.

"What Department are you in, son?" The captain asked. "Want to try some of this garbage plate? Because it's a revelation."

Sevoc

{Truffles}

"Well, um, sir," Kurv began fearing he'd get caught by the captain he say across from, "I actually just found this uniform. For as long as I can remember I've always wanted to join Starfleet. I just couldn't wait another three years, so I bribed my way on the Bourbonais and got off here."

It was a calculated risk, but he hoped his honesty would be appreciated and he'd find some kind of favor with the man.

"But yes, I would like to sample a bit of your meal," he added. "I hope I'm not in too much trouble."

Alt for Leo

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Truffle's]

"I see," Stafford said, sounding amused. "That's a rather interesting story, Kurv. Do tell me more. Oh, and here, try this out."

The captain pushed the plate over to the young man with one hand, and underneath the table he gestured urgently with one hand at an officer across the bar.

A chunky, pock marked faced security man whose height topped six feet had been studying the pair of diners with curiosity. Seeing the gesture, the officer turned around to see if the captain could be beckoning anyone else. When it was clear he wasn't, the security officer began to make his slow way over to the table, trying to take care to not alert the Andorian.

Sevoc

{Truffles}

"I'm actually kind of full now, sir," Kurv responded. "As for the rest of the story, there really isn't much to say. I just really want to be a party of Starfleet. My parents, while they mean well, don't always make me feel like I'm part of a family. I just really want to belong somewhere, ya know?"

His antennae began to twitch. He passed it off as a nervous tick that happened every so often. More so when he knew he was in some kind of trouble.

Alt for Leo

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Truffle's]

"A feeling I know and understand," Stafford said politely, like he was still interested. "It can be hard to find one's place at your age."

The shadow of the towering security officer fell over the table, blocking out the lighting. The fellow rumbled, "Problem here, sir?"

"We have a squatter, ensign." The captain said, and stood, his neglected meal nearly untouched. "Apprehend him."

Sevoc

[Truffle's]

Kurv was taken by surprise at what was happening, but he had a feeling it might have been a possibility.

"I understand why you're doing this, sir," he said, maybe a little too calmly. "I will cooperate, but I would like to talk to you more. It's not my intention to disrupt anything. I just, I just want to belong. I think I could really help out here. I'll do anything."

Sure, it was a last resort, but at this point he really would try anything.

Alt for Leo

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Truffle's]

Stafford took in the young man and his earnest tone. This kind of courage would be expected from a Starfleet officer, but to hear it from a stowaway aboard a freighter who intended to bluff his way into Starfleet was quite another. Perhaps his response should be just as courageous and level-headed.

"Ensign," The captain said. "Take this young man to my office. I'll join him presently. I have some research to conduct before I decide what is to be done with him."

Sevoc

[Truffle's]

Kurv was pleasantly surprised he wasn't going directly to the brig to await a decision. He followed the security ensign as they made their way from the bar to the captain's office.

The Starbase was indeed a sight to behold. He looked around and nearly bumped into his guard a time or two just taking it all in. He was hoping that good news would come from the captain's research, even though this was the first time he had gotten into any serious kind of trouble.

Alt for Leo

Malcolm Adeyemi

[CO's Office]

Captain's Stafford office was cozy and intimate. It wasn't the place of work for a powerful executive, or even a politician. It was a bit cluttered, with old fashioned books and leather everywhere. The decor was surprisingly 20th century.

The captain limped into the room, his cane scratching against the deck until it met the soft carpet. He found the young Andorian seated before his desk.

It was difficult to make his way across the room with both a PADD and his cane in one hand, but he managed. In his other he held a small book that he had purloined from a JAG officer, Alisa Raymond. Both were vital to his decision.

"Kurv," Stafford said when he had gotten over to the desk. He was still standing, leaning heavily on his cane. He had done a lot of walking in the last few minutes and it was wearing on him. His bald head was flecked with sweat.

"Do you know what a great crime it is to impersonate a Starfleet officer?" Stafford asked bluntly. He gave the Andorian the book. "Open up to the page I've marked and tell me what it says."

Sevoc

[CO's Office]

"Ye-yes sir," Kurv began nervously as he turned to the page. "The crime of impersonating a Starfleet officer is the act of falsely presenting oneself as a Starfleet officer and using this pretense to falsely act in the name of the service. A person committing this offense by such actions as wearing a Starfleet uniform to deceive others into believing they are a Starfleet officer, issuing orders to legitimate Starfleet personnel, or falsely conducting activities in the name of Starfleet."

He hung his head slightly. He hoped his career wouldn't end before it even had a chance to begin.

Alt for Leo

Malcolm Adeyemi

[CO's Office]

"Indeed." Stafford sat on the edge of the desk a bit away from him. "It also says that doing so with the intention of issuing orders or interfering with Starfleet matters is a crime punishable by no less than five years at a penal colony."

The captain sighed. The found the PADD he had brought into the office as well and skimmed through it.

"This here was something I dug up on you, Kurv. Born on Andoria. Brilliant student, and a proud member of a distinguished lineage on your homeworld. In fact, some said you were almost too good at your studies. So can I ask why a smart young man such as you thought it was a good idea to stowaway on a freighter and impersonate a Starfleet officer?"

Sevoc

[CO's Office]

"Honestly, sir, I just want to help Starfleet and I grew impatient," Kurv answered. "I had no intentions of using orders, just following them. I can help this base in any way you would need. Please, sir, don't let my impatience affect my future."

Kurv had this one shot to impress and he hoped it would work.

"I just wish the age limit want so strict, ya know?" the teenage Andorian was getting anxious.

Alt for Leo

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.