Aristotle Stark - Reporting in (January 5th, 2017)

Started by Ariste Stark, January 05, 2017, 11:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariste Stark

Character Details

Character Name: Aristotle 'Ariste' J. Stark
Character Age: 38
Character DOB: 2356, August 21st
Character Image:
Character Species: Human
Character Family: Bryan Stark - Father
Janine Peyton - Mother
Character Bio:
Ariste is an only child, born to a long line of well known engineers and scientists. Her father was a cyberneticist, and her mother a roboticist. So, it stood to reason that she would be part of the next generation of inventors and engineers. When she was two, she already knew her way around a replicator, and by the time she was five, she was already assembling crude robots of her own design. And with her parents' easy acess to the things necessary, her hobby was greately encouraged and nourished.
While her mother was aboard a Starship when she was born, Ariste had grown up on a Starbase, and never actually been on a Starship until around fourteen years of age. Janine had been concerned that it would be both too dangerous for a child, and that she wouldn't have sufficient time for Ariste, so had shipped her off to live with her father. But her father had decided he'd had enough of being away from his wife because of work. So, they planned on a a transfer to Janine's ship, against her better judgement, and against Ariste's wishes.
Overall, however, the transfer went smoothly, and eventually Ariste adjusted to life in the sky. Her childish dreams shifted from being a galaxy-renouned inventor, working with the best of them to refine an improve computers, to helping build entire Starships, and manning them. And she grew up with those dreams in mind, working toward them the whole way.

Despite those dreams though, Ariste didn't immediately join Starfleet as an Engineer. In fact, even at twenty five, she had opted to remain as a trader, instead focusing her full attention on her robots and AIs. It was only after her father fell ill, and asked her to join Starfleet and make him proud, that she did exactly that. After he had died, she almost immediately enrolled, promising to finish his work for him. And fulfill her own dream, too.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Plenty as admins/mods and members on other sites, plus I have another character on here
Department Preference: Engineering
Secondary Department Preference: Tactical
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:
"Damnit! Damn it."

The angry hiss came from within a dark science lab, preceeded by the thump of something falling on the floor. Bracing her feet against the wall, Ariste grabbed the metal handles tightly, and yanked backwards. She had almost dislodged the torso of the robot - almost. At least, until one of her hands slipped, and she ended up flying backwards, flat onto her back.
"God fucking damn it!" She nearly screeched, before groaning and laying there a moment, simply staring up at the ceiling. Taking a deep breath, she dragged herself up again, shooting a death glare at the stubborn hunk of metal. Rolling her shoulders, she stared at it evenly, before throwing her hands up in the air, rolling her eyes. "Fine! You win. I'll get Val down here to help me lift you, stupid piece of junk." She spouted, before sighing, and slumping against the nearest wall in defeat.

=/\= "Val, could I ask a favour of you?" =/\=

=/\= "Ari, did you get N.O.N.I.X stuck to a magnetic surface again?" =/\=

Ariste pouted, crossing her arms and slowly sinking to the floor of the lab.

=/\= "No. I just... Get your ass up here, don't give me that look." =/\= Even over the communicator she could picture his smug, mocking grin. She huffed petulantly, as she could hear someone laughing in the background, as he agreed to come up and help her. Turning off her combadge, she shot one more look at the wedged chunk of metal, before standing up, and moving to work on the other half of the robot, while she was waiting.

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Pssst, it's just Jettis wearing an oversized trenchcoat

Kirok

Aristotle,

A very good application!

We have an open spot in the Engineering Department on the Athena.

We can start you at the rank of Ensign.

Please let me know if that will work for you.

Sincerely.

PS - You have the option of retaking the OTC (Engineering) if you wish.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Ariste Stark

Yup! Athena works for me!

And yes, I'm totally open to retaking the OTC for Engineering whenever convenient

Kirok

Quote from: Ariste Stark on January 06, 2017, 01:41:40 AM

Yup! Athena works for me!

And yes, I'm totally open to retaking the OTC for Engineering whenever convenient

Please report into Constance Lafayette for duty!

Please PM William Warning and ask him to start your OTC.  But, because you have passed the Science OTC, you are not required to take it.

Welcome aboard,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.