Author Topic: New Year Resolutions (Closed)  (Read 6921 times)

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Year Resolutions (Closed)
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2017, 01:47:24 pm »
[Holodeck 2]

"I have to admit that since we have mated I am finding myself more and more drawn to the stuff," Mahak said in not his usual voice. The meld with her was clearly still having an effect, and perhaps so was the strong but bland Vulcan brandy that was burning its way to his stomach.

"However, perhaps it is also the stress of our last journey." Mahak told her. "What was revealed on the Marquil homeworld was a grievous evil, to say the least. I am glad we took this opportunity to relax together, and to become closer."

Offline Kali Reyes

• Femme Fatale
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Death isn't a joke, but life is.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2017, 02:07:24 pm »
Kali colored a bit and sighed. "I'm not happy about that either. Breeding bastards." There had never been such a blow to her ego and self-esteem more than entertaining a species devoted to pedigree.

She looked up at him again. This time, her open gaze was curious, almost searching. "They got to you, huh? Even got you to mediate."

It was going to lord over her head - the fact that Mahak bagged himself a mate that couldn't grace the universe with awesome, super intelligent babies. She may not personally want them, but it was the principal of the matter. Having a choice in the matter wouldn't have been a bad thing.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2017, 02:17:11 pm »
[Holodeck 2]

"It did," Mahak admitted. The glass was empty. He put it aside and gave Reyes a kiss, the alcohol on both of their breaths mingling, an intoxicating scent.

"But we are Starfleet officers." He said firmly. "It won't be the last time we have to endure this type of ordeal. I have found that through my training in boxing that our existence can best be defined by its moments of intensity. Whether it be during the most logical, happiest, or when we are suffering the most it always makes an indelible remark on us. That certainly did for me."

Offline Kali Reyes

• Femme Fatale
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2017, 02:33:09 pm »
"I tried to speed dial Sickbay," she admitted. "Cause I wanted to see if they made a breakthrough in memory erasure yet. Sometimes when I close my eyes, it's usually a roulette on whether I see a melted face or someone with three eyes." She shivered when she thought of gnarled hands reaching out or Ly'set's despondent tone of the burning.

Kali screwed her eyes shut hard. "And I've been getting these weird dreams where I'm following the miners into a giant fire pit. Willingly. I'm thinking 'yeah, I deserve this'. It's creepy." From one fire to the next. Working in Starfleet sure as hell wasn't as easy as the brochure said it was.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2017, 02:36:21 pm »
[Holodeck 2]

"It would not be logical to not have an adverse reaction after witnessing that," Mahak said, trying to make her feel better. "I myself, as buried as my emotions are, cannot help but feel that a great evil is being perpetuated. And one that cannot and should not be explained away by cultural norms."

"Human sacrifice and ritual murder was a way of life for some Earth peoples," He went on. "And long ago it was for my people, as well. One would think that with how advanced the Marquil are that it would also cease."

Offline Kali Reyes

• Femme Fatale
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2017, 02:52:02 pm »
"Different strokes for different folks," Kali muttered into his collarbone. "In this case, it was greed and lack of OSHA. And they're bastards to each other. Can't forget about that." But she could tell he was trying to lighten the burden, so he earned a little grin from her.

Her hand went up to cheek and lightly brushed the stubble there. Vulcans were always so clean shaven, so it was kind of a treat for her - okay everyone - to see Mahak with facial hair. Prickly kisses equaled best kisses.

A question plagued her. "You don't think A'lera's going to fix the problem, do you? Because I sure don't."

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2017, 03:09:28 pm »
[Holodeck 2]

Mahak luxuriated in her touch, hugging her closer so her mouth or hands could explore whatever part of him she wanted. But his mind was on the topic at hand.

"I do not think Al'era would do anything that would not profit her," He said carefully. "It is already ingrained in her culture that this should done. If she could keep things the way they are and make money she surely would."

Offline Kali Reyes

• Femme Fatale
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2017, 03:24:46 pm »
"Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth," she admitted. "I've been trying to wash it out with all this alcohol." The woman wasn't doing it for the sake of it being wrong - it was just luckily in her way.

"It's just business. Blegh. Dad would have loved her. Maybe not you." She poked him on the cheek. "I don't think he'd ever expect me shacking up with a Vulcan." And all the more reason for her to keep doing it.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2017, 03:53:13 pm »
[Holodeck 2]

It occurred to Mahak just then that he did not know all that much about Reyes's family life. He had reviewed what information was in her Starlfeet personnel file, of course, but it was fairly bare bones. As were most of them.

"Do you feel that your father would approve of me?" He asked bluntly. "It might interest you to know that the approval of one's parents when it comes to a mate is also important in Vulcan culture."

Offline Kali Reyes

• Femme Fatale
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2017, 04:06:20 pm »
"Well he's dead so I'm not sure how much of an impression you can make for him at either rate," she half-teased. "But he's never really liked Vulcans. At least from what I've seen and yeah, I know - what the hell was he doing with my mom then? Your guess is as good as mine."

Though, a bit tentative, she idly tapped his jaw before cupping it, her gaze thoughtful again. "You remind me of Gray more. My godfather. Very controlled and very invested in pulling my ass out of the fire. He might like you. I think."   

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2017, 04:41:27 pm »
[Holodeck 2]

From her tone, Mahak guessed it was not an entirely good thing that he reminded her of this person. He resolved to find out as much about him as he could.

"'Gray' is an odd name for a Vulcan, and it is even odder for a Vulcan to take a nickname." He said. "My own only came from human friends. Kali, if I am controlling it is not out of any sense of manipulation. I want what is best for you."

Offline Kali Reyes

• Femme Fatale
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2017, 04:55:19 pm »
"Oh, don't stop that," she purred up at him. "I like it when you're bossy. Keep me in line. And Gray's not Vulcan. He's human, though I guess you can say he's a lot more restrained for one."

A bit sheepish, she stuck her tongue out. "And it's not a bad thing, you know. He's the only guy in the galaxy who cares if I end up shot out of airlock, so he's pretty important to me."

Though these days Kali wondered if she should be speaking in past tense. For all she knew he could be dead somewhere. The idea dampened her humor quickly.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2017, 05:01:38 pm »
[Holodeck 2]

"It seems that I am in good company, then," Mahak said, struggling to fight down some relief. He shook his head. Between alcohol induced muzziness and the mind meld he wasn't feeling like himself.

"I am particularly close with my mother," He told her, kissing one of her exposed shoulders briefly. Reyes tasted like the beach. Mmm. "She is the one who taught me the value of the outdoors, of physical exercise. My father was more traditional."

Offline Kali Reyes

• Femme Fatale
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2017, 05:15:10 pm »
Kali hummed pleasantly when he kissed her shoulder and chased away the cloud that was starting to hang over her head. The distraction was enough for her to brighten at the mention of his parents.

"Your mom sounds like a powerhouse," she complimented. "You think I need to lay down some charm to impress your dad?" Traditional? Sounded like a challenge to her.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2017, 05:21:24 pm »

[Holodeck 2]

The thought of Reyes meeting either of his parents was sobering. Mahak stiffened just a bit. It was a...problematic thought. But he was well aware how important the parent's approval of the mates of their children was important to both of their cultures.

"My father would be...intrigued to meet you." He allowed carefully, well aware of what rotten ice he was walking on. "My mother would be appreciate of your...unique perspective and behavior."

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles