News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

New Year Resolutions (Closed)

Started by Kali Reyes, January 04, 2017, 03:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kali Reyes

She had never put a visual on what her thoughts were like. It always seemed like she could only face a translucent veil and watch lines and currents slip across like shooting stars. Maybe it was the mind meld or another Vulcan presence she didn't know, but now it was like someone threw the veil down and finally showed her the colors of warp.

Kali squeezed her eyes shut and at the same time it was like she was opening them for the first time. Her own blinded mind was now clear.

Mahak's voice almost sounded muffled. She scoured the light show in her head and almost drowned herself in infinite equations looking for him.

Sure enough, one part of her was not like the others. The speed quieted down because she demanded it and for the first time, there was actual control. "There you are," she shuddered out. "Sorry." She was afraid he had gotten lost in the chaos, but she could feel him and he was there and holy hell it was horrifying but amazing. Horrimazing!

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Holodeck 2]

Mahak's mind, so intertwined with her's, was the polar opposite. His was like a hard, tall and long slab of metal, cold and upright and dominating. It was akin to a ten meter tall wall ringed at the top with razor wire, as cold as the vastness of space.

But no wall is unassailable, and if she cared to probe deep enough his mental discipline fell off. Behind the wall was a radiating ball of fiery energy, just barely kept in check. It was savage and primal. It did not merely have the possibility to burn, but to incinerate totally. Mahak was violent, passionate, loving, chaotic, and yet completely in control.

"You....this is you." He said, his voice tight. "And this is me, Kali."

Kali Reyes

Like jumping into a pool for the first time, Kali's mind spun in a rush of light and color for the foreign entity, almost gleefully so. It slid and expanded around this steel trap of Mahak's mind, bounced around the starkness to try and swallow it down, though with little victory.

But Kali didn't like leaving puzzles unsolved. Her mind poked and prodded and encompassed everything to find a kink and, with a playful sound, managed to breach in and encircle the energy core like a submerge of water. But she was gentle, almost ridiculously sweet, and did nothing more but to bask in the energy and everything he was.

It was the coolest thing she's ever experienced in her life.

"I don't think so," she said quietly. "I think this is ours."

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Holodeck 2]

The connection was all at once intimate and intriguing. He was in direct contact with Reyes, but he wanted to know more. The sensations were overwhelming, flowing back and forth between them like the waves onto the beach they were currently enjoying.

It took physical discipline, too. No one is meant to be so joined with another for an extended period of time. Beads of sweat were building on Mahak's brows at the combined struggle to keep their minds melded.

And all at once, it broke. There was a sensation of waking up, almost, of one's mind rebooting from an altered state of consciousness.

Mahak, all at once, felt lonely and energetic. It was her mind influencing his. He yearned for her once their meld had been broken.

"I'm sorry, Kali, it is not an easy thing to maintain..." He said by way of explanation.

Kali Reyes

A keen whine left her throat when reality shifted and, instead of energy and color and completeness, it was like she was suddenly pulled out from the warm swimming pool and left wet and shivering and very much displeased. She chased Mahak with her lips the moment her eyes readjusted, desperate to get back that contact that was more fulfilling than any physical pleasure.

Mahak lingered in her head still, a shadow of control that she clung to for life, that it stilled the chaos like an island in an endless ocean. She brushed a bit of sweat from his brow and kissed him hard.

"New resolution..." she whined against his mouth. "More of that, please."

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Holodeck 2]

Mahak returned her kiss with just as much passion as she had given it, shifting his hand from her face to her jaw and cheekbone. His urgency was evident in the movement and there was a bit more roughness, less control in him. Their bodies were already touching, but it wasn't enough. Mahak practically lifted her though she was already in his lap, eager for the few extra spots to be in contact.

"I fear that a continued melding may have an influence on each of us," The Vulcan said. "It is not safe to do so very often. It is a sacred ritual, and very taxing. However...I cannot say that I did not enjoy it, either."

Kali Reyes

"Afraid you're gonna start dancing on tables?" Kali purred against the corner of his mouth. If she couldn't have his mind right now, she wanted the rest. She clung to him, her hands along his jaw and desperate for more contact. There was a tiny bit of guilt for his exhaustion and the feral spark in his eyes.

But there was control now, if only temporary. For once in her life, she felt like she had a grasp of her own DNA and she didn't need a case of Andorian ale to get there. She kissed him again, this time in sheer gratitude. 

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Holodeck 2]

Mahak was feeling what he could only describe as turmoil. While he felt...liberated, in a sense, and felt that he could tell Reyes so much that went unsaid. But he could not. His discipline was rearing its head again, a lifetime of conditioning that could not be undone by a few minutes of a meld. And this made him sad.

"You're a part of me now," He managed. "I don't know for how long, however. But there is something of me in you."

Kali Reyes

Kali seriously tried not to turn into a puddle of goo at his words. Wild girl, bar hopping, next day hangover Kali shouldn't do anything more than give her partners a great time with little strings attached as possible. Because she shouldn't, couldn't trust anyone with her little ball of crazy and expect them to do anything more than trash it.

But here it is. She was sharing her mind - something that was more intimate than any one night stand - and the only thing that she was afraid of was that he wouldn't like what he saw.

"I hope it's a good part of me," she grinned nervously. "Because, yeah. I've got you too."

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Holodeck 2]

"There are no parts of you that are not good," Mahak said slowly, his hands steady running through the thick black hair atop her head. Their eyes were locked on one another. His were filled with the night sky, reflecting off the lush black orbs.

"And now you have experienced all the bad parts of me." Mahak was most definitely not himself. Self deprecation was not in the Vulcan vocabulary.

Kali Reyes

"You weren't grossed out by all the flash and bang in my head?" she teased under his gentle touch.

From what she saw, she didn't think any proper Vulcan would appreciate the way her sporadic mind was akin to her bursting closet in her quarters or her messy workshop. Everything out of place with only her able to navigate properly through it. A method to madness. "Your mind's a steel trap," Kali admitted. "Fort Knox. And it's all ordered and fantastic and I'm kind of jealous." But most of all, there was safety there. She had no problem settling in and let a little bit of order take her for a drive for once.

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Holodeck 2]

Mahak shook his head at her.

"I was not disgusted by being in your head, Kali. Far from it." Tenderly, he bent her over and kissed her forehead gently. "It was a most...stimulating experience."

Far more stimulating than the beach. A touch morosely, Mahak glanced about. While the breeze and ocean and sky was just as intoxicating as before, it had nothing on Reyes's head. The lights, the sounds, the sensations.

Kali Reyes

Kali smiled and nuzzled his jaw. "You're a bad influence on my ego, big guy."

Then silence. She basked in it and just let the sound of the ocean and Mahak's breathing to soothe her anxiety for more of this mind meld stuff. It was liberating. After a moment, she looked up at him. "Have any new years resolutions to cough up?"

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Holodeck 2]

"I attempt to integrate improvement into my daily life, not just once a year." Mahak said in a bit of a teasing tone. "But I am aware of the human ritual. It seems illogical to me to only do so once a year. Do you participate in it?"

The Vulcan also was enjoying the atmosphere, and the close touch of his mate. It was making him feel expansive. Accordingly, he found the bottle of Vulcan alcohol and poured himself a glass from their picnic basket.

Kali Reyes

"Sure I do!" Kali said brightly. "It's a human thing, I guess. Seek improvement, do something new, the whole shebang. I never really follow through with them though. The last few New Years usually ended with me upside down somewhere with a hangover, but I always wrote them down. Like last year I was gonna try being a vegetarian. It lasted uh... maybe a couple hours into the new year."

She held up a couple of fingers while he shuffled for a drink. "And then the year before my resolution was to 'not die'. I'm pretty sure I completed it. Unless this is just a fever dream and I'm slowly dying in a deck without life support." Wow, that was kind of morbid. She decided to settle back down and tap on his glass. "Maybe I'll just go from five glasses a day to four?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.