S1 - Mission 5 - In Illo Tempore

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, January 03, 2017, 06:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Marshall

(Security)

Steve nodded " Aye sir" He turned and walked away. So far this had now been a great start to his assignment on the Star Base and to be honest he wasn't sure that he wanted to be here any more. He had a lot of time to think as he walked down to the brig. As for Ferengi's he had not actually ever met one this would be a first for him.

( Brig)

" Ah Lt. Marshall " Said a young man " Lt. Tritter said you were coming down. we are keeping these to here at our pleasure." Steve smiled at the man " Just call me Steve." He wondered what there story was but decided not to ask but he would look at the records once he had logged into the brig he took a seat and added his authorisation code and started to read the aliens wrap sheet.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Steve Marshall on January 07, 2017, 12:22:17 AM

(Security)

Steve nodded " Aye sir" He turned and walked away. So far this had now been a great start to his assignment on the Star Base and to be honest he wasn't sure that he wanted to be here any more. He had a lot of time to think as he walked down to the brig. As for Ferengi's he had not actually ever met one this would be a first for him.

( Brig)

" Ah Lt. Marshall " Said a young man " Lt. Tritter said you were coming down. we are keeping these to here at our pleasure." Steve smiled at the man " Just call me Steve." He wondered what there story was but decided not to ask but he would look at the records once he had logged into the brig he took a seat and added his authorisation code and started to read the aliens wrap sheet.

Tritter pondered a bit, perhaps he had been too harsh, but he also was pretty irritated about being ignored and treated as if he didn't matter. Not that he was a fragile sort, but he didn't appreciate being ignored in such a fashion, but perhaps he will give them another chance once they realize the error of their ways. He would than wait for Ensign Reede to answer, so they can head out. He has work to do.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Hust Kinun

Quote from: Shani on January 06, 2017, 08:13:08 PM

[Promenade]

Shani turned her head, eyes narrowed and alert until she could find the combadge in his hand. Her antennas relaxed, but only slightly, as she turned around to properly face him. Her about face was precise, almost dance-like.

"Ensign Shani. Flight Control," she told him coolly. "And former security logistics in the Imperial Guard. Hiding weapons on a civilian deck is a cause of concern on Andor - and I'm assuming on a Federation starbase as well."

[Promenade]

"Imperial Guard. Never would have guessed." he said, sarcasm evident in his voice. "You look like you'd fit in better on a Klingon Warship than on a Federation Starbase's civilian area." He let the sarcasm drop as he took on a business-like attitude.

"Welcome to the Starbase. I'm Ensign Hust Kinun- Starfleet JAG corps." he said, "and yes, the weapons usually is a big deal but I have the authorization I need."

He neglected to say who his authorization came from, but he didn't feel like going into that. It was none of her business. "What gave away the Phaser?" he asked, genuinely curious.

Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

LK Reede

"Captain Jett, lets go take a look at your freighter and cargo" He than shifted his gaze back towards the Ensign, he than said "Ensign, I am aware, but thank you for reminding me"

[Security]

LK watched as Lt. Marshall left the office. She stared at his back, wondering why a Star Fleet officer would be so lax in his duties. And also how he could ignore his boss' orders.

There's a reason, she thought. There's always a reason. I should make a point of getting to know him before I make my decision that he's a nutcase.

Turning back to Lt. Tritter, she said, "Ready to go anytime you are, sir."

Her hand dropped to the butt of her phaser pistol. Then she made a point of looking closely at Captain Jett.

"Are you ready, captain?"

Shani

Quote from: Hust Kinun on January 07, 2017, 02:24:07 AM

[Promenade]

"Imperial Guard. Never would have guessed." he said, sarcasm evident in his voice. "You look like you'd fit in better on a Klingon Warship than on a Federation Starbase's civilian area." He let the sarcasm drop as he took on a business-like attitude.

"Welcome to the Starbase. I'm Ensign Hust Kinun- Starfleet JAG corps." he said, "and yes, the weapons usually is a big deal but I have the authorization I need."

He neglected to say who his authorization came from, but he didn't feel like going into that. It was none of her business. "What gave away the Phaser?" he asked, genuinely curious.

[Promenade]

"Your flattery is wasted," she intoned with a flash of eyes, immune as she was to his sarcasm. "On a Klingon warship, I would have gutted you before asking questions."

Shani wasn't exactly sure what a JAG corps was. Detailing the many different branches in Starfleet was something of a separate interest and therefore not hers. When he asked her about the phaser, she made her antennas twitch to get his attention. "Biology, Ensign Kinun. Spatial recognition leaves very little espionage among my people."

Hust Kinun

Quote from: Shani on January 07, 2017, 03:13:45 AM

[Promenade]

"Your flattery is wasted," she intoned with a flash of eyes, immune as she was to his sarcasm. "On a Klingon warship, I would have gutted you before asking questions."

Shani wasn't exactly sure what a JAG corps was. Detailing the many different branches in Starfleet was something of a separate interest and therefore not hers. When he asked her about the phaser, she made her antennas twitch to get his attention. "Biology, Ensign Kinun. Spatial recognition leaves very little espionage among my people."

[Promenade]

"It's called Sarcasm, Ensign. Look it up sometime." he said, and nodded to her other remark. "Well, thanks for not gutting me I guess". He looked her over, very much unsure as to if she was being serious. He opted to assume 'yes', she would. He'd rather not find out if he could survive that.

He saw the confusion on her face. "JAG is Judge Advocate General's office... legal council." he said, explaining. He saw the twitch, genuinely impressed. "Well I guess that makes sense." he said, shrugging. "And I guess if I hadn't had authorization you would now have this phaser and I would be on my back with at least one broken arm. How close is my guess?"

Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Shani

Quote from: Hust Kinun on January 07, 2017, 03:24:54 AM

[Promenade]

"It's called Sarcasm, Ensign. Look it up sometime." he said, and nodded to her other remark. "Well, thanks for not gutting me I guess". He looked her over, very much unsure as to if she was being serious. He opted to assume 'yes', she would. He'd rather not find out if he could survive that.

He saw the confusion on her face. "JAG is Judge Advocate General's office... legal council." he said, explaining. He saw the twitch, genuinely impressed. "Well I guess that makes sense." he said, shrugging. "And I guess if I hadn't had authorization you would now have this phaser and I would be on my back with at least one broken arm. How close is my guess?"

[Promenade]

She filed his sarcasm suggestion under the same folder as Stafford's recommendation to hear Lieutenant Avi's joke: very unlikely.

Her left eyebrow climbed. She tried to find an appropriate word to translate properly to Standard. "A lawyer." Why would a lawyer carry around a firearm?

Shani slowly blinked at him, almost owlishly. "Close. You would be face down on the floor to be properly restrained. Whether or not you earn a broken arm depends on how you would have me struggle to get you there." A flash of humor was somewhere there, but humans often found it hard to pinpoint when she said it with such an uncompromising stare.

Kyle Briggs

Kyle entered Engineering as the doors parted.

"CAPTAIN ON DECK!!"

The words rang out immediately and Kyle shook his head. He may have changed his uniform but he still wore the Captain pips. He quickly spoke up.

"Alright. Everyone gather around for minute. Come one. Over here." he called out. Everyone stopped what they were doing and began gathering around Kyle and the young Cadet that had entered. "My name is Kyle Briggs and I am the new Chief of Engineering for the Columbus. While I do wear the rank of Captain and I appreciate the respect, an on deck call will NOT be necessary when I enter. I am also NOT in the stations chain of command. I'm just an Engineer. In fact, feel free to call me Chief if you like. Now back to work. We're about to have some repairs to take care of shortly."

Kyle watched as they dispersed and turned back to Reo. "Come on. You can hang with me for now until we get repairs under way." They headed for the CEO's office. Kyle sat down and pulled up all the needed repairs that had been reported and the last couple of diagnostics that were ran. When all the lists were compiled, there seemed to be a lot of small repairs needed. This wasn't going to be an issue on a Starbase. The Engineering crew on one of these things was massive. He had more people in this department than he'd had on some ships. He began assigning work and placing the requisitions onto PADD's. When all was said and done, there were going to be twenty three repair teams out and about.

His first order of business was to inform the CO of his findings. He gently reached up and tapped his Comm badge.

=^=Briggs to Captain Stafford. Sir. We've isolated all the repairs needed at this time. There doesn't appear to be anything major. Just a bunch of small abnormal readings. I'll be sending out repair teams within the half hour. Briggs out.=^=

He called in the appropriate groups and passed out assignments before turning his attention to Cadet Reo. "Well. Since you have a tool kit and look eager to work, what say you and I go check out this strange reading here?" Kyle said as he extended the PADD to the young man. They were heading to Module D, Deck thirteen to inspect an abnormal sensor reading. The two men stood and headed for a lift.

Hust Kinun

Quote from: Shani on January 07, 2017, 03:48:57 AM

[Promenade]

She filed his sarcasm suggestion under the same folder as Stafford's recommendation to hear Lieutenant Avi's joke: very unlikely.

Her left eyebrow climbed. She tried to find an appropriate word to translate properly to Standard. "A lawyer." Why would a lawyer carry around a firearm?

Shani slowly blinked at him, almost owlishly. "Close. You would be face down on the floor to be properly restrained. Whether or not you earn a broken arm depends on how you would have me struggle to get you there." A flash of humor was somewhere there, but humans often found it hard to pinpoint when she said it with such an uncompromising stare.

[Promenade]

He saw that her face remained unchanged. He didn't really care. He was only here because she had stopped him. He didn't have anywhere else to go either... time to see what it would take to crack another nut.

"Yes, a Lawyer. That's my job." he said, shrugging. It wasn't glamorous, but it was a needed job. He decided to go ahead and... somewhat answer another question. "As to why I have a phaser that business is my own." he said. If needed, he'd say it was beyond her pay grade, which was fine so long as she didn't point out they were both Ensigns.

"Indeed would I. Well judging based on the fact that Andorians are very much stronger than a well-built Human and I am not very well built, let's say you likely wouldn't meet much resistance." he said, shrugging. He didn't care if there was humor or not, he was analyzing it out loud.

Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Shani

Quote from: Hust Kinun on January 07, 2017, 04:08:19 AM

[Promenade]

He saw that her face remained unchanged. He didn't really care. He was only here because she had stopped him. He didn't have anywhere else to go either... time to see what it would take to crack another nut.

"Yes, a Lawyer. That's my job." he said, shrugging. It wasn't glamorous, but it was a needed job. He decided to go ahead and... somewhat answer another question. "As to why I have a phaser that business is my own." he said. If needed, he'd say it was beyond her pay grade, which was fine so long as she didn't point out they were both Ensigns.

"Indeed would I. Well judging based on the fact that Andorians are very much stronger than a well-built Human and I am not very well built, let's say you likely wouldn't meet much resistance." he said, shrugging. He didn't care if there was humor or not, he was analyzing it out loud.

[Promenade]

Judging by his lackadaisical tone and body language, Shani decided he was done with her queries. He was not as friendly as the other humans she's come across. Maybe that was a 'lawyer' thing they all have in common. At either rate, she was not one to dither about for conversation when it wasn't reciprocated.

"You are correct," she agreed. There was a physical advantage. She did not lord over it, but acknowledge it. "I won't question why you feel the need to carry a weapon in civilian traffic if that is what gives you security. Hopefully, you know how to use it." Shani tilted her head once more at him. "Ensign Kinun."

Then she turned back around and deliberated taking a step back into the growing ramen line. What did this 'chicken-flavored' taste like? 

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on January 07, 2017, 04:04:36 AM

His first order of business was to inform the CO of his findings. He gently reached up and tapped his Comm badge.

=^=Briggs to Captain Stafford. Sir. We've isolated all the repairs needed at this time. There doesn't appear to be anything major. Just a bunch of small abnormal readings. I'll be sending out repair teams within the half hour. Briggs out.=^=

[CO's Office]

Stafford was seated at his desk, going over reports on a PADD. He was slightly miffed and bothered by this Commander Zeno situation. But with so many comings and goings he had to concede that it was possible.

When the hail came through the captain acknowledged it with a mere, "=/\=Keep me informed, captain. Stafford out.=/\="

Octavius Reo

[Engineering]

Hearing the call of Captain on Deck made Octavius' mouth twitch lightly; almost smirking but not quite. He knew it was for Captain Briggs, but he could not help thinking that maybe one day it would be for him. Definitely not on a star base, but he would not mind having the run of a small ship of his own.

The young man was pulled from his thoughts as everyone began gathering near him and the Captain. Octavius smiled at the few who made eye contact with him, but did not move from where he stood. He made a mental note to refer to the Captain as Chief , and nodded when he was beckoned to follow.

Tav watched Kyle run the diagnostics, and helped when he could; itching to be out in the thick of things. With all of the damage done to the station, there would be a decent amount of work to do. Taking the PADD he glanced over it. Unable to help himself, he quipped, "I'd say I'm glad you're in charge, sir. I would not have been half as organized as you were." Of course he left unsaid that a few of the smaller repairs could have been finished by then if it was not for the paperwork side of the job.

Still, he was glad to follow the Captain to the turbo lift and get to the real work.

Hust Kinun

Quote from: Shani on January 07, 2017, 04:44:01 AM

[Promenade]

Judging by his lackadaisical tone and body language, Shani decided he was done with her queries. He was not as friendly as the other humans she's come across. Maybe that was a 'lawyer' thing they all have in common. At either rate, she was not one to dither about for conversation when it wasn't reciprocated.

"You are correct," she agreed. There was a physical advantage. She did not lord over it, but acknowledge it. "I won't question why you feel the need to carry a weapon in civilian traffic if that is what gives you security. Hopefully, you know how to use it." Shani tilted her head once more at him. "Ensign Kinun."

Then she turned back around and deliberated taking a step back into the growing ramen line. What did this 'chicken-flavored' taste like?

[Promenade]

He nodded, walking off after her dismissal. "Ensign Shani"

He walked off and melted into the crowd, working his way around and trying to find something to do. He eventually worked his way all around the Promenade, not seeing anything of note. He kept walking, one deck lower, looking for someone out of place or something that was odd. The phaser remained hidden, and his commbadge was concealed again.

Unbeknownst to him he walked by a newly-planted security camera, and his face was recognized as a still "missing" person. It would set off a notification in the Security bay, but other than that not much changed.

Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Steve Marshall

(Brig)

The prisoners seemed relaxed about their confinement even  trying to barter their way out. Of course Steve had heard all about the way these people conducted themselves. " Come on Human" one of them said with a scowl on his face. " We don't want to take up your time here in the brig. We could come to some finical recompense for our release."

Steve grew some what tried of them " Look sit down and shut up. There is nothing I want from either of you. The boss wanted you here for a reason so please keep it quiet. I am trying to concentrate."

Steve turned away from them both and started to read up on security reports around the station. He was still in the dog house with the boss so he at least though he had better start making up for it by knowing what was going on. He sat and though about those on the Phoenix and the Discovery. Hell some times he wished he was still on the Discovery as this meant he had to start all over again....

Jamie McConnell

Quote from: Sevoc on January 06, 2017, 01:32:15 AM

{CMO Office}

"The first images," Sevoc began, "appear to be, from my research, in Brazil. Another image was not on Earth, but somewhere that looked similar. I researched that as well and it happened to be from a planet that was on a mission from your previous posting on board the Athena. Epsilon Indi was that planet."

While researching the images, he figured since her service record was public knowledge it was perfectly acceptable to bring it up. If not down right logical.

{CMO Office}

Jamie blinked in surprise, "I didn't know that you did research in Brazil?" She pondered on this, but one quick background check would answer that question.  Still she gave him the benefit of the doubt, even though it was too coincidental.  If his record did not reflect this then she would have to shelf him until they got his memories sorted; and this worried her greatly.
Secretly she wondered what other memories he shared with her.
Quote from: Sevoc on January 06, 2017, 01:32:15 AM

"As far as a treatment, Doctor," he continued, "I am more than willing to try anything. Since the incident, I have noticed a steady decrease in my efficiency. Being as we are mostly judged by human standards, it has not been as noticeable as it would on a Vulcan science vessel. Also, since our last conversation, I have been contemplating partaking in the kolinahr ritual, but that is only as a last resort. I do, however, have no doubts about your abilities as a physician."

Since the meld, Sevoc knew he could trust the station's new chief medical officer without hesitation. Even if she acted less Vulcan than her appearance would indicate.

His insomnia, however, was something she could help and this made Dr. McConnell smile with relief.  Jamie nodded and brought up the medicinal formula on her monitor and turn it around so Sevoc could study it. "Your special genetic make up is difficult to treat.  Not only is your Vulcan heritage very resistant to many mainstream medicine but your Andorian side makes it difficult to calculate dosage."

The doctor, a hybrid herself, explained, "Andorian anatomy is very unique and their tolerance to mainstream medicine is very high.  This being said, I will start you at this level..." Jamie tapped the screen with a finger, "... Then we will adjust accordingly.  This means you'll have to report to me constantly and keep a record yourself, but I'm positive that you will start sleeping."
She allowed it to sink in before asking, "Any questions?"

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.