Author Topic: S1 - Mission 5 - In Illo Tempore  (Read 45745 times)

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • That is most illogical...
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 - Mission 5 - In Illo Tempore
« Reply #210 on: January 24, 2017, 08:55:17 pm »
[Ops]

Stafford stood wearily and made his way over to Kinun. He accepted the PADD and scanned it briefly.

"Ordered? Ordered by..." The captain was still reading. It took a lot of Starfleet training not to react when he fully understood the importance of what was on the PADD.

Carefully, he set the PADD down on the armrest of his chair. He cleared his throat and tapped his commbadge. He knew that the entirety of Ops could hear him, but he couldn't help it.

"=/\=Stafford to Briggs, Reo, Sevoc, and Tritter. I'm afraid we have a much more...complex problem than we anticipated. The anomaly effecting us and the station is not a natural one, as we'd all assumed. It's been engineered to put events into motion that result in the destruction of the starbase.=/\=" He paused to gather his thoughts. "=/\=This is now a matter of life and death versus the Prime Directive. Let's react accordingly. Stafford out.=/\="

Tritter reviewed the schematics as Captain Stafford spoke, he was not much of an engineer, but he knew what needed to be done. He tapped his comm badge and replied with, "Aye Sir" He ordered the area cleared, including both Briggs and Sevoc, as well as instructed his Security team to widen their barricade, so they would be less affected by the shaking and falling objects. Tritter proceeded to manually comb the area to make sure everyone cleared out before he began the process to close the required doors to jettison the module. Between the shaking, bulkhead material falling from above and the bad memories coming back, it was no easy task, but he made it look easy.

[Mod A]

Once the order came down, Sevoc turned to return to the science lab. He collected one more scan.

"Gentlemen," he began, "it would be illogical for me to remain at this time. Not only has the anomaly and it's effects grown, but I also have some further research to conduct."

And with that Sevoc left the area.

[Science Lab]

The Andorian hybrid returned to the lab. He sat at the computer station and began to make a broad sweep of scans of the general space around the Starbase.

Nothing out of the ordinary registered. He turned his attention to the particularly troublesome area on the Starbase.

The scans needed further analysis. He downloaded the data into the computer. The results were slowly shaping. The cause of the anomalies was not organic in nature. His eyebrow raised in curiosity.

=/\=Sevoc to Captain Stafford. Sir, I have something to report in regards to the anomalies. I would prefer to do it in person due to the nature of the information.=/\=

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: January 24, 2017, 09:02:48 pm »

[Science Lab]

=/\=Sevoc to Captain Stafford. Sir, I have something to report in regards to the anomalies. I would prefer to do it in person due to the nature of the information.=/\=

[Ops]

"=/\=Get your antennae up to Operations then, lieutenant.=/\=" Stafford ordered. "=/\=Come directly to my office.=/\="

The captain stood and leaned on his cane.

"Lieutenant Sevoc and I have classified business to discuss, but keep me updated on the progress of detaching the Module." Stafford said. "Commander Daorn, you have the bridge."

"Aye, sir."

"And you," Stafford lifted his hardwood cane and pointed it at the young JAG officer. "Think you can get yourself to sickbay without going AWOL? You've been affected by the phenomenon, you need care."

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2017, 09:31:34 pm »
[Ops]

"=/\=Get your antennae up to Operations then, lieutenant.=/\=" Stafford ordered. "=/\=Come directly to my office.=/\="

"Lieutenant Sevoc and I have classified business to discuss, but keep me updated on the progress of detaching the Module." Stafford said. "Commander Daorn, you have the bridge."

"Aye, sir."

"And you," Stafford lifted his hardwood cane and pointed it at the young JAG officer. "Think you can get yourself to sickbay without going AWOL? You've been affected by the phenomenon, you need care."

[Science Lab]

=/\=Aye sir. Sevoc out.=/\=

Sevoc downloaded the results he had and made his way to Ops.

[Ops]

"Sir, the early results of these anomalies reveal a malicious source," he started directly. "I believe we are dealing with either, to barrow a term, a lone wolf terrorist or some an old enemytrying to rekindle the spark of war."

He handed over his PADD.

"Here are the rest of the results."

Alt for Leo

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2017, 09:56:56 pm »
[Ops]

"Aye, sir."

[Ops]

He flinched as the man pointed at him. He heard, listening as he heard the order. He couldn't bring himself to meet the man's eye, but responded. "Aye sir." he said, and left the area, taking a turbolift toward the medical bay. The drugs may be out of his system, but a good medic might be able to tell. Unbeknownst to him, he had dropped and left his commbadge in the Captain's office.

Because he'd been exposed to the phenomenon, he'd have to undergo a full physical. Time to get this over with.

[Medical Bay]

He walked through the bay doors of the Medical ward, flagging down a doctor or medical professional. He briefly explained what had happened, and waited further orders.
Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2017, 01:50:03 am »
[Mod A - West Corridor]

Guarding the entrance to the containment field wasn't a hard job in and of itself but as more and more beings arrived, Ensign Reede found herself wanting to draw her phaser and fire wildly into the crowd. That would clear a few of them out, she thought. But that wasn't the way to go about security and her training emphasized that one must not become one of those that they usually arrested.

Therefore, she left her phaser in its holster and her dagger in her boot as well as the flash-bangs on her belt.

That didn't stop one of the Ferengi from shoving his way to the front of the bunch and pushing LK out of his way. She shoved back, feet tangling with a couple of other beings and landing her on her butt. Of course, the Ferengi made it into the field and disappeared.

LK fervently wished she'd pulled her phaser.

LK had just made it back onto her feet (with the help of a cadet) when the base started shaking. With the overhead announcement, her phaser came out of its holster, her arms raised up and she started shouting, "Get back! Go! Under penalty of perjury!" Not the right word, but it got them moving backward.

She walked forward, cadet whatsisname an arms length away doing the same thing.

=/\= Ensign Reede to Lt. Tritter. A Ferengi has entered the field and disappeared. Shall we wait for him to return? =/\=

Just then, the Ferengi staggered out of the mod area bloody and holding his side.

She tapped her badge again. =/\= Belay that last, sir. He's back. I'm sending him to sickbay. =/\=

Tritter was finishing up his sweep of the area, all corridors and surrounding rooms were clear, until he heard Ensign Reede come over the comm badge, he saw the Ferengi out of the corner of his eye and than dart the other direction, he was about ready to reply to her when she replied to him, he would reply with a simple "Acknowledged Ensign", he would take a few moments to clear the area, than he tapped his comm badge, he stated "All personnel are to exit Mod A immediately, in preparation for Jettison protocols" The man remained calm and cool as he spoke, despite the shaking and things falling from above. He than moved with a purpose to get himself out of the epicenter. He looked about for Captain Briggs before he began to close the doors. He carried a PADD in one hand with the schematics of the area, he knew what needed to be done... But he also knew if he forgot anyone, they surely would be a goner.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2017, 01:13:01 pm »

[Ops]

"Sir, the early results of these anomalies reveal a malicious source," he started directly. "I believe we are dealing with either, to barrow a term, a lone wolf terrorist or some an old enemytrying to rekindle the spark of war."

He handed over his PADD.

"Here are the rest of the results."

[CO's Office]

Stafford accepted the PADD and read it. He had the one that Kinun had given to him in his other hand. Hesitatingly, he held it out for the science officer.

"Lieutenant, I am about to impart information of an extremely classified nature. You're a Starfleet officer, so I don't have to remind you of your duty. Maintain operational security." He finally handed over the PADD. "The anomaly we've encountered was engineered, as your findings support. However, the perpetrator or perpetrators are not terrorists, at least not in the traditional sense."

He took a deep breath and continued. "Section 31 is a Federation sanctioned government entity, but often operates separately from Starfleet or the UFP. Lately, it seems, they've gone rogue. A few months back they kidnapped a Starfleet flag officer. Their activities have been...erratic, to say the least. We don't know what they're planning, but we do know that they placed this chroniton portal into our base to destroy us. It's an elegant weapon: tempt people to change their own past."

Sighing, the captain sat on the edge of his desk and contemplated the head of his cane.

"One thread unravels the entire ball of yarn, lieutenant. Let's say I travel into the past. I go to the Promenade and see an older woman buying something. I smile at her. It reminds her of her son, a Starfleet officer, so she contacts him later that day and tells him that she misses him, that she loves him. The son has been feeling that his job is a dead end, but his mother's words cheer him up. He goes to work the next day with a renewed sense of purpose. He gets promoted, and his good work is noticed. And so on. Eventually he becomes a commanding officer of a vessel that gets engaged in battle with an enemy. He destroys an enemy ship, resulting in the loss of hundreds of lives."

"That's an extreme example, of course, but even a small amount of time in the past can effect the future and present to an exponential degree. We're already seeing changes here. Someone in the past has done something that results in the destruction of the Starbase Columbus."

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2017, 10:05:03 pm »
[CO's Office]

Stafford accepted the PADD and read it. He had the one that Kinun had given to him in his other hand. Hesitatingly, he held it out for the science officer.

"Lieutenant, I am about to impart information of an extremely classified nature. You're a Starfleet officer, so I don't have to remind you of your duty. Maintain operational security." He finally handed over the PADD. "The anomaly we've encountered was engineered, as your findings support. However, the perpetrator or perpetrators are not terrorists, at least not in the traditional sense."

He took a deep breath and continued. "Section 31 is a Federation sanctioned government entity, but often operates separately from Starfleet or the UFP. Lately, it seems, they've gone rogue. A few months back they kidnapped a Starfleet flag officer. Their activities have been...erratic, to say the least. We don't know what they're planning, but we do know that they placed this chroniton portal into our base to destroy us. It's an elegant weapon: tempt people to change their own past."

Sighing, the captain sat on the edge of his desk and contemplated the head of his cane.

"One thread unravels the entire ball of yarn, lieutenant. Let's say I travel into the past. I go to the Promenade and see an older woman buying something. I smile at her. It reminds her of her son, a Starfleet officer, so she contacts him later that day and tells him that she misses him, that she loves him. The son has been feeling that his job is a dead end, but his mother's words cheer him up. He goes to work the next day with a renewed sense of purpose. He gets promoted, and his good work is noticed. And so on. Eventually he becomes a commanding officer of a vessel that gets engaged in battle with an enemy. He destroys an enemy ship, resulting in the loss of hundreds of lives."

"That's an extreme example, of course, but even a small amount of time in the past can effect the future and present to an exponential degree. We're already seeing changes here. Someone in the past has done something that results in the destruction of the Starbase Columbus."

[CO's Office]

"Fascinating," was all Sevoc could manage to get out with reception of the news at first. "The disasters that could come from this if it was launched on a grander scale would immense. Do we have anything to combat this?"

His mind began to try and work solutions if none were available.

Alt for Leo

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2017, 12:54:40 pm »
[CO's Office]

"Fascinating," was all Sevoc could manage to get out with reception of the news at first. "The disasters that could come from this if it was launched on a grander scale would immense. Do we have anything to combat this?"

His mind began to try and work solutions if none were available.

[CO's Office]

"We have a solution in place. I hope it will be enough." Stafford told the other man.

With that, the captain tapped his commbadge.

"=/\=Stafford to Briggs. Captain, detach the module.=/\=" He said. "=/\=Stafford to  Ensign Shani. It's time. Fly out there, tow the module to a safe distance, get yourself to a safer distance, and destroy it.=/\="

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2017, 01:53:21 pm »
[Medical- Several Minutes Later]

Hust walked out, having been examined, poked, prodded, and in other ways cleared from any issues from the anomaly. Thankfully, the doctor wasn't empathic, and so didn't find out anything that was going on in his head, but Hust knew he couldn't keep it secret forever. The shaking he had been able to talk his way out of... it was getting better, after all.

He walked out onto the promenade, deciding what to do. The base was on alert and the level was rather empty, as a few runabouts swarmed around. He walked to a window and looked out, being able to see everything that happened from there. He could... almost taste the stress and confusion from the base's population. Hopefully, this was resolved soon.... and then there was the matter of getting back to work... his Actual work, depending on what his orders were.
Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline Shani

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2017, 06:54:02 pm »
[CO's Office]

"We have a solution in place. I hope it will be enough." Stafford told the other man.

"=/\=Stafford to Briggs. Captain, detach the module.=/\=" He said. "=/\=Stafford to  Ensign Shani. It's time. Fly out there, tow the module to a safe distance, get yourself to a safer distance, and destroy it.=/\="

[Starbase Columbus - Exterior]

The preflight checklist completed and Shani was clear for take off. She zoomed the Galilee with practiced ease through the bay opening and out into silent space. This was the first time she had ever made a flyby around the Starbase. She coasted along the top ring of modules and kept an eye for Module A to detach while she triple-checked the maximum power diverted to the tiny roundabout's tractor beam.

If the tractor beam wasn't enough (and it was), she still had the grappling hooks to help it along. She made sure the targeting was accurate on both of them before calling Captain Stafford.

"This is the Galilee. We're ready to extract Module A on your mark."

Offline Sevoc

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2017, 07:18:20 pm »
[CO's Office]

[CO's Office]

"A logical response sir," Sevoc said after his captain had given his order. "Will you be needing anything further from my department?"

The Andorian hybrid was feeling a bit relieved that this plan would, in all likelihood, be successful in eliminating the threat to the base.

Alt for Leo

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2017, 01:06:55 am »
Turbolift 1
Dan had swiftly departed Mod A along with everyone else as it was going to be ejected. Howell decided the best thing to do would be to head to operations. He had a level 10 headache, but as usual, duty calls.

Operations
Walking into operations, Dan immediately walked to where the Captain was and asked "Captain, May I have a status report Sir?"
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2017, 01:25:06 am »
[Mod A]

Kyle walked up beside Tritter as he closed the door. "That appears to be everyone, Sir. We can't wait any longer."

=/\=Stafford to Briggs. Captain, detach the module.=/\=

He looked over at the XO. "This is it." He reached for his comm. =^=Aye, Sir. Detaching now.=^=

He reached up and began the entering the codes required to jettison the Mod. After the air locks sealed, the Module released easy enough but not without a little shaking of the station. Some of the cargo in the area fell down but nothing busted open. It actually happened rather smoothly. Kyle was surprised to say the least. He slapped at his comm once again.

=^=Module released, Captain. It's starting to drift away from the station. The shuttle should be able to take it in about thirty seconds.=^=

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2017, 01:43:06 am »
[Mod A]

Kyle walked up beside Tritter as he closed the door. "That appears to be everyone, Sir. We can't wait any longer."

He looked over at the XO. "This is it." He reached for his comm. =^=Aye, Sir. Detaching now.=^=

He reached up and began the entering the codes required to jettison the Mod. After the air locks sealed, the Module released easy enough but not without a little shaking of the station. Some of the cargo in the area fell down but nothing busted open. It actually happened rather smoothly. Kyle was surprised to say the least. He slapped at his comm once again.

=^=Module released, Captain. It's starting to drift away from the station. The shuttle should be able to take it in about thirty seconds.=^=

Tritter nodded slightly to Captain Briggs, he ordered all remaining Security personnel out of the area and back to Main Security. He than made his way out of there. It all seemed soo... much ado about nothing now if you will, it was almost as if it was a lot of work for a very... quiet thing to happen. Although he was happy that the Module jettisoned without a hitch and that everyone, including his own family, would be ok. He stood with Captain Briggs for a few more moments, he would wait for a reply from Captain Stafford, he hoped he could clear out and return to Main Security, as he had plenty of work to do.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:49:44 am by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Shani

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2017, 02:10:49 am »
[Mod A]

[Columbus - Exterior]

Once the module quietly shuttered before drifting listlessly from the starbase. Shani activated the aft tractor beam and watched it all carefully through her viewport as the beam caught the trajectory of the module and sucked it in. Once it was sufficiently stuck, she smoothly traveled the runabout away from the starbase until she was at least over twenty kilometers out to avoid debris reaching the starbase.

That was when she finally let her hair down - proverbially. She turned off the tractor beam and launched a barrage of photon torpedoes at it until it all came apart and exploded. Like a child in a candy store, Shani chased each big wreckage with the Galilee's phaser banks until she couldn't target anything else on her sensors. The wreckage was little else but dust in the grand scope of space.

She turned on her comm systems. "The module has been destroyed, Captain. Mission completed." There was a beat when she checked her chronometer. "And my lunch break apparently."

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles