S1 - Mission 5 - In Illo Tempore

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, January 03, 2017, 06:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shani

Quote from: Luke Stafford on January 03, 2017, 06:00:19 PM

[CO's Office]

"A lot is. I'd imagine so." Idly, like a little boy, Stafford pedaled his feet around in his chair to swing it in a circle and grabbed a PADD. While he did have a childlike spark in him, he was also being practical: it would take him a long time to stand with his hip.

"Yes, significant damage." The captain tossed the Andorian woman the PADD underhanded. It was a jocular, friendly toss, like two friends throwing a football to one another. "None of them had time to turn off the shuttlebay's mini-tractor beams, so those are damaged. Hull and nacelle damage on most shuttles due to the stresses of the sudden escape. And I am sure a great deal of internal damage from cramming in so many poor kids in there."

The captain frowned, and ran a hand over his thin, grey-flecked goatee and mustache. Stafford looked like a skeleton that had been dipped in wax. He was thin, hawk faced. His chin and nose were as sharp as blades, his lips thin. His eyes were deep set into the fleshless face. If one looked hard enough they could see the shape of a skull beginning to emerge from his face, and the shaved head only exacerbated this effect. He looked worn out, or worse.

"Anyway, Avi should have the story. He's a good Department Head, a funny guy. Ask him about the old burrito on the ski trip story, the first time I heard that I laughed so hard I didn't know whether to shit myself or go deaf. I imagine you two will..." Stafford looked at the ramrod straight woman, who looked like a phaser being stood upright, she was so stiff and military proper. She didn't look like the laughing type. "...well, you two will be in the same department together."

[CO's Office]

She caught the PADD with one hand and blithely played with it while he talked. Steel colored eyes moved back and forth as she read, but then stop at the mention of 'burritos'.

"I will keep that in mind." Which, unlike a Vulcan, she had every intention of lying. She did not know what a burrito is, but she'd rather wait until after her duty was complete for recreational things like shitting herself or going deaf from a story.

Someone else arrived to monopolize her CO's attention. She didn't need to see the man, her antennae did it for her. "I will report to Lieutenant 'Avi' and oversee repairs," Shani said before departing. She offered one curious look at this Cadet Reo and his peculiar metallic skin on the way out.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Steve Marshall on January 03, 2017, 06:51:15 PM

Steve walked in to the officer where the man was busy working away at his desk. " Excuse me Sir I am Lt. JG. Steve Marshall." He waited for a second. " I was assigned to the Discovery as there acting chief of Security. Until a little person was left with me. I am now finding myself assigned a security officer at this Assignment".

Steve couldn't count the times he had heard himself repeat this conversation to a number of people over the last few days " I would have come sooner but circumstances have not been in my favour" He handed the man his transfer papers " I am reporting for duty".

Tritter watched the man walk in, as they got within five feet, the large man rose to his feet and looked over the man before him. He would than nod slightly "Welcome aboard Lieutenant, I assume by little person you mean a child, I have two, so I can understand. I am Lieutenant Tritter, Chief of Security and Tactical, as well as Second Officer of the Starbase" His tone remained calm and confident as he spoke.

He nodded slightly to the rest of their statement, he would than read through the papers he had been handed, "Well Lieutenant, we are a busy department, but we make it work. Do you have any questions for me?"

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Steve Marshall

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on January 03, 2017, 06:58:22 PM

Tritter watched the man walk in, as they got within five feet, the large man rose to his feet and looked over the man before him. He would than nod slightly "Welcome aboard Lieutenant, I assume by little person you mean a child, I have two, so I can understand. I am Lieutenant Tritter, Chief of Security and Tactical, as well as Second Officer of the Starbase" His tone remained calm and confident as he spoke.

He nodded slightly to the rest of their statement, he would than read through the papers he had been handed, "Well Lieutenant, we are a busy department, but we make it work. Do you have any questions for me?"

He smiled " Yes sir a child sir I was hauled up here on a break and Katie was delivered to me by some one in Starfleet Personnel. Her mum and dad died while on mission. I did not know that they had made a legal guardian of her.. Steve could still see the pain in the young girls eyes despite the fact she had never spoke about her parents. He could hear her sobbing at night despite not knowing how to comfort her. " Sir no questions other than who's your No2 in the department." He was ready to start work now knowing that Katie was safe and engaging with other children. He would not have to worry about her for a while.

James A. Hawke

[Promenade]

"I can't believe this!" Tom said

He looked at his PADD for a couple of minutes as he looked at the Starfleet Starbase cargo procedures.  "How in the heck is my cargo no approved for takeoff?"  He asked himself.  He  did admit the was holding some Andorian relics but he has the proper documentations.  Everything was in order; he understood the importance of following protocols but sometimes Starfleet just gets in the way of common sense.
Fuming he began to talk to the main security office.

[Outside of Security Office]

Tom entered the area right outside his office.  He would first go to the Second Officer Chief of Security to clear out the madness of procedures.  As he entered the area a Security Officer said "Restricted Personnel only"

Animated Tom responded "Look, I just need to talk to the Chief of Security, it's an emergency" As he walked to the controls.  He heard and Officer say "You can't..."  Tom interrupted the officer with the classy remark "Bite me"

He press the Comm unit from outside the Office and said "Chief of Security, this is Captain Jett...I really would like to know an explanation on how in the universe my Andorians Relics are still being inspected after all the proper documentation was given way way in advance.  I know Starfleet has their regulations but I have common sense news to give you all  an Andorian Relic in Andora....it's the same as an Andorian relic on a ship....which is the same as an Andorian Relic on a Starbase...so how about the cut the B.S. get this inspected so I can finish delivery which would get my client out of my ass and then surprisingly I get out of your ass and we all sing together  kumbaya and live happily ever after" As Tom finished he believed he might have taken his sarcasm a little too far.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Octavius Reo

Enough of his attention lingered on the blue woman to give her an impish grin accompanied with a cordial nod as their paths crossed. Looking to the Captain once more, Octavius switched his tool box to his other hand in order to firmly shake the hand offered him.

"Yes sir," he replied with a nod. "And if you don't mind my saying so, it looks like you could use one or two more around here." It was less a plea for a large crew to work with, and more an idle comment about the damage he had seen so far.

"In truth, I'm kind of excited to get to work. The ship I grew up on had a full maintenance crew and it was very boring with nothing to tinker on." Tav's grin took on a note of sheepishness as he realized he was rambling a bit. After clearing his throat lightly, he asked, "Where do you want me first?"

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Octavius Reo on January 03, 2017, 09:11:56 PM

Enough of his attention lingered on the blue woman to give her an impish grin accompanied with a cordial nod as their paths crossed. Looking to the Captain once more, Octavius switched his tool box to his other hand in order to firmly shake the hand offered him.

"Yes sir," he replied with a nod. "And if you don't mind my saying so, it looks like you could use one or two more around here." It was less a plea for a large crew to work with, and more an idle comment about the damage he had seen so far.

"In truth, I'm kind of excited to get to work. The ship I grew up on had a full maintenance crew and it was very boring with nothing to tinker on." Tav's grin took on a note of sheepishness as he realized he was rambling a bit. After clearing his throat lightly, he asked, "Where do you want me first?"

[CO's Office]

"We're definitely the oddballs of the Fleet," Stafford told the young man. "I am not surprised you found your way here if you think a nice, clean, functioning ship is a boring post."

Handshake dispensed with, the captain wearily made his way back to his seat and waved the cadet into a chair.

"You'll have your work cut out for your here. You may have heard, but we had some unpleasant business last month." Stafford said "Most of our major systems have taken considerable damage."

"If you like, our new chief engineer is about to stop by to be the voice of doom." The captain cracked. "Like to hang out and meet your new boss and get the lay of the land?"

Kyle Briggs

Kyle was in with his therapist when he heard the summons from his new Commanding Officer. He was given his final release and immediately headed to the Captain's office. He didn't see a Yeoman in an exterior office, so he continued straight for the door. He was summoned after all so Captain Stafford was expecting him. The doors parted and he entered with his eyes falling upon a young Cadet already there. He quickly came to attention.

"Captain Briggs reporting as ordered, Sir. My apologizies. I didn't realize someone else was already here." he added.

Daniel Howell

Operations
It has been a busy morning for Howell so far. A Starship had arrived from Earth, bringing many new crew members to the Columbus. He was holding a flask of coffee with the Starfleet Logo printed on it in his right hand. He had been on his feet all morning being handed nothing apart from crew availability rosters, crew reports and department reports, which was nothing unusual... There just seemed to be double the amount today.

He took a sip of his coffee before heading over to the entrance to Captain Stafford's office. His idea was to relieve the pressure slightly and try and actually organize the crew. He pressed the door chime and politely awaited the order to go in, in the mean time, he took another sip of coffee.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Vem, son of Motag

[Chaplain's Officer]

"Uh... sir."
There was no response from the unconscious Chaplain sitting in his desk chair. His aid, a timid Bajoran ensign poked him. He... looked like he was sleeping. He wasn't meditating... the Klingon was drooling a bit and the steady rise and fall of his chest suggested otherwise. Unless it was some deep level of mastery...

"Sir?" The ensign poked him again, harder this time. He hated doing this but this had become a regular thing. If it wasn't the Krak'la'kah Ritual of attonement of the Vendaru people of Jebus 7 it was the Mourning for the Flame of the Nik'jens in the Cycle of Drek. The Chaplain had some odd habits and his aid wasn't all that sure they fell within starfleet regulations.

Not getting a response the ensign closed his eyes and shoved Vem violently, only when he tried to do so he felt a steely grasp close on both his wrists- it hurt!

Looking up with terrified eyes the ensign saw Vem's gaze reflecting his own- wide eyed terror. His considerable Klingon strength was crushing the poor aid's wrists and he yelped in pain.

"I'VE SEEN IT!" Vem cried, a raspy whisper escaping his lips at the volume of a yell.

"I'VE SEEN IT MONTREK! THE LAST MOMENTS! THE BRILLIANT SPHERE! IT WILL COME WHEN THE WOUNDED SON MEETS THE FIRST DAUGHTER!" He was almost howling now, his body paralyzed. Vem's aid, Montrek, was trying to pull away- fearing for his life and soul- but to no avail.

Vem began to spasm and fought against it. In the struggle Montrek got free and fell to the floor, still staring at him with wide-eyed fear.

"W-what do you mean?!" He stammered, not able to get up.

"IT'S A WIND MONTREK! CAN'T YOU FEEL IT? IT'S COLD AND THEN HOT! COLD LIKE ICE! HOT LIKE THE SUN! IT'S THE WIND OF CHANGE MONTREK! IT WILL START AT THE Á¢â,¬ËœCITADEL' AND SWEEP ACROSS THE LAND LIKE LOCUS MONTREK! CAN'T YOU HEAR THEM BUZZING! THEY ARE SO LOUD MONTREK!"

Vem collapsed, clawing at his ears and convulsing on the floor. He began to bleed out of his nose, staining his dark mustache with crimson.

=/\="Montek to Sickbay! The Chaplain has collapsed! I-I don't know what to do! He's spasming! He was screaming about something!"=/\= Vem's aid called, getting to his shaky feet. He placed his hand on the desk to steady himself and found a pill capsule. It was unmarked but was empty save for a single light blue pill the size of a cashew.

"How much did he take..." Montrek gasped, knowing at once what they were.

Vem, Son of Motag
Federation Humanitarian Chaplain
Homeopathic Doctor

Rosiuh Aviad

"We're definitely the oddballs of the Fleet," Stafford told the young man. "I am not surprised you found your way here if you think a nice, clean, functioning ship is a boring post."

Handshake dispensed with, the captain wearily made his way back to his seat and waved the cadet into a chair.

"You'll have your work cut out for your here. You may have heard, but we had some unpleasant business last month." Stafford said "Most of our major systems have taken considerable damage."

"If you like, our new chief engineer is about to stop by to be the voice of doom." The captain cracked. "Like to hang out and meet your new boss and get the lay of the land?"

Rosiuh checked his uniform as he paused near the door to commander's office. He could sense there was more than one person present. One's emotions were high, bordering on gleeful excitement. He wondered if there was a promotion in progress.

He hesitated, uncertain if to interrupt or not. He'd been told to report as soon as possible, but there were protocols involved that he still wasn't entirely sure of. He wasn't entirely certain that the individuals within the room would appreciate his somewhat unintentional eavesdropping on them. Things were very different here than on Betaziod and what was social acceptable there, he was rapidly learning was not at all acceptable here.

Trapped in indecision he paused by the door unsure if to proceed or to wait till the commander was finished with the current interview in progress.

Jamie McConnell

Medical Bay - CMO Office

Jamie's OCD, rather her normal Vulcan tendency for order, had her new office up and running within a few hours.  She wasn't the type to have too many things to move anyway, and most was done by computers.  She quickly delegated responsibility and decided to concentrate on getting the Medical Bay and Department running as smoothly as ever.  She knew that the Virus Epidemic that her formal department was responsible for had left its mark.  The new Columbus CMO could see this as repair crews replaced the airtight windows which were compromised during the misfortunate events.  Jamie sighed and rubbed her forehead just when a call for her came in.

Quote from: Sevoc on January 03, 2017, 06:42:59 AM

{Crew Quarters}

Sevoc lay on his bed. The insomnia was getting worse. And when he did find sleep, the images that found him were not his own.

He turned to his clock.

"Well, looks like I have a few hours before I'm supposed to be up," he thought to himself.

He tapped the combadge on his nightstand.

=/\="Sevoc to sickbay. Is Dr. McConnell in? I have a matter I need to discuss with her."=/\=

He waited for a reply.

She looked at her computer and quickly recalled the caller and his name.  Nodding she responded, "Mr. Sevoc, please see me as soon as you can, you can make arrangements with my Nurse Judy."  Jamie looked up his information, knowing that, like her, he was a special hybrid that required specific medicinal formulas.  She knew about his insomnia and was afraid it was going to be a little difficult to fix, but Jamie loved a challenge.

Just then another call came in:

Quote from: Vem, son of Motag on January 03, 2017, 10:37:32 PM

[Chaplain's Officer]

Vem collapsed, clawing at his ears and convulsing on the floor. He began to bleed out of his nose, staining his dark mustache with crimson.

=/\="Montek to Sickbay! The Chaplain has collapsed! I-I don't know what to do! He's spasming! He was screaming about something!"=/\= Vem's aid called, getting to his shaky feet. He placed his hand on the desk to steady himself and found a pill capsule. It was unmarked but was empty save for a single light blue pill the size of a cashew.

"How much did he take..." Montrek gasped, knowing at once what they were.

Jamie's well trained team was already on their way, but she decided to check it out and follow up herself.

=^= This is Dr. McConnell, I'm sending a medical team now...what is going on? =^=

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Chris Newberry

Quote from: Luke Stafford on January 03, 2017, 09:20:51 PM

[CO's Office]

As he walked to Captain Stafford office, the admiral was getting some odd looks because he was in a yellow engineering uniform. Lucky the holographic disguise was working, but he wonders why he was getting old looks. In his left hand, he had a tool kit for any immediate repairs, but it also helped to sell his cover! A few moments later he makes his way through the CO open door.

"Sir, Commander Zeno Ironherd, Starfleet Corps of Engineering reporting in. I've been sent by Starfleet Command, because of the matter of a zombie infestation causing major damage to your systems." The disguised admiral said while trying not to winch because of what he seen on his way to Stafford office.

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Rosiuh Aviad

Jamie's well trained team was already on their way, but she decided to check it out and follow up herself.

=^= This is Dr. McConnell, I'm sending a medical team now...what is going on? =^=

Dark braids slithered and shifted over his shoulders as Rosiuh's head came up at the call for medical. He frowned faintly to himself as a touch to the wall screen brought up the directions he would need to respond.

As he walked to Captain Stafford office, the admiral was getting some odd looks because he was in a yellow engineering uniform. Lucky the holographic disguise was working, but he wonders why he was getting old looks. In his left hand, he had a tool kit for any immediate repairs, but it also helped to sell his cover! A few moments later he makes his way through the CO open door.

The sight of a ranking officer, this one in an engineer's uniform headed for the CO's office decided him. There would be time to report his presence to the Commander later. The officer was very busy and his help was needed elsewhere. Moving off to respond to the medical call, the cadet couldn't help giving the man a confused look as he turned away. The uniform, it's rank and the man's thoughts did not line up at all. There was definite deception in his thought patterns and behavior, but Rosiuh could not detect anything that was threat-worthy. He debated reporting the man to security, but he couldn't detect anything of violence about him. The last thing Rosiuh wanted was to be chastised his first day for causing an uproar over something that might be as simple as a borrowed uniform. From the state of what little he'd seen of the main base, enough major damage had been done that there were bound to be people and things out of place.

The mystery would have to wait for later, at that moment he needed his attention focused on finding his way to the chaplain's office. Quickening his pace Rosiuh tried to estimate how long it would take him to reach his destination as he extended his mind ahead. Using his abilities to help himself spot and dodge other beings moving through the corridor.

Vem, son of Motag

[Chaplin's Office]
=/\= "He... he took some pills. I don't know. He's unconscious. He was screaming about something!" =/\=

Ensign Montek didn't want to say what Vem took. He'd helped the Chaplain get ahold of them and, while not illegal, were not intended for use by Klingons and definitely not in the quantities he took them in.

"Vem... what were you thinking..." The ensign said bracing his chin like they taught him in first aid class as the raggedy Klingon convulsed on the floor of his office.

Vem, Son of Motag
Federation Humanitarian Chaplain
Homeopathic Doctor

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Rosiuh Aviad on January 03, 2017, 11:03:02 PM

Rosiuh checked his uniform as he paused near the door to commander's office. He could sense there was more than one person present. One's emotions were high, bordering on gleeful excitement. He wondered if there was a promotion in progress.

He hesitated, uncertain if to interrupt or not. He'd been told to report as soon as possible, but there were protocols involved that he still wasn't entirely sure of. He wasn't entirely certain that the individuals within the room would appreciate his somewhat unintentional eavesdropping on them. Things were very different here than on Betaziod and what was social acceptable there, he was rapidly learning was not at all acceptable here.

Trapped in indecision he paused by the door unsure if to proceed or to wait till the commander was finished with the current interview in progress.

Operations
Howell was about half way through his second flask of coffee, he had figured that Captain Stafford was busy and so decided to go back later, besides, there were far more pressing things to do. He was leaning over the shoulder of an operations officer which was a habit Howell had seemed to have acquired since being a member of Command.

Corridors
He was patrolling the corridors of the base to ensure everything was operating normally when he stumbled across a new face, looking rather lost. He approached him saying "Lieutenant Commander Daniel Howell, First Officer. May I help?

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.