Welcome and Well Met (Ian and S'Murr)

Started by Ian Galloway, January 02, 2017, 05:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Galloway

[Ten Forward]

Ian brightened as the Caitian arrived and actually poured himself a drink without being coerced into doing so.

"Well, next time let's see how ya like sittin' on your arse while I go on the away team, but it's startin' ta look like ya might make a Scotsman out of ya yet!

"However, I suspect that's how most people feel about dealin' with the little Boogits. Ya should have seen that Grek wanker try ta climb inside his own lobes after he played that 'females aren't worthy of notice' shat, when me and K'lizh explained the error of his ways."

Ian tossed back his drink and poured another round.

"Now, what sorts of plans do ya have when we get ta this Helaspont Nebula? I have a couple holoprograms ya might like. Ya ever heard of Robert the Bruce and the First War of Scottish Independence?"

Jada

[Ten-Forward]

Across the room, two Orion women had been talking together, drawing no end of speculation, before one swiftly up and left. After a few minutes' reflection, Petty Officer Jada also left the table, with the distinct air of someone who'd just struck out.

She approached Galloway and S'Murr, bearing a glass and a bottle of liquor that seemed a good acquaintance of the Glenfiddich whiskey. Os'mr, a green Orion whiskey. 'Excuse me, is this a private function or can anyone BYO?' She indicated the bottle and its most important selling point 'It's green.'

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Ian Galloway

[Ten Forward]

Ian looked up to see one of the new crew that he hadn't met before, but he knew there was only one Orion woman in the crew, so this had to be Jada in security who had been part of the away mission with S'murr.

"Come one, come all. We were just goin' on about the bloody Ferengi and the Tzenkethi. And the forlorn hope that this horse's arse here will ever appreciate fine scotch."

Ian frowned as he didn't feel any of the arousal that S'murr mentioned during one of their many conversations and shrugged.

"Must only work with a Caitian's nose."

Jada

Jada climbed into a chair and poured herself another glass of green spirits. She wasn't in heat, so the Orion woman exuded only the standard mid-strength dose of narcotic pheromones. Of course, drinking was different when one could get high off the woman at the table. She wrinkled her nose. 'Sounds like human piss. No, try a good Os'mr. Orion whiskey. Unwilling compliments of the Ferengi. It will put hair on your chest.' she offered the Caitian, who of course already had hair on his chest. 'Or take it off, I forget which... Mmm, better check if it's not poisonous first. I know humans have that cyanide food allergy.'

Then a snake crawled out of her sleeve, small and brown. Its diamond-shaped head peeked out, trident tongue tasting the air. Jada paid it no attention.

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Jada on April 04, 2017, 06:45:48 AM

Jada climbed into a chair and poured herself another glass of green spirits. She wasn't in heat, so the Orion woman exuded only the standard mid-strength dose of narcotic pheromones. Of course, drinking was different when one could get high off the woman at the table. She wrinkled her nose. 'Sounds like human piss. No, try a good Os'mr. Orion whiskey. Unwilling compliments of the Ferengi. It will put hair on your chest.' she offered the Caitian, who of course already had hair on his chest. 'Or take it off, I forget which... Mmm, better check if it's not poisonous first. I know humans have that cyanide food allergy.'

Then a snake crawled out of her sleeve, small and brown. Its diamond-shaped head peeked out, trident tongue tasting the air. Jada paid it no attention.

[Ten Forward]

Ian arched an eyebrow then gave Jada a hard look.

"I don't know what passes fer humor for an Orion, but back in Inverness, a comment like that about a man's drink would start a fight, but then again, most comments would start a fight in Inverness and-"

Ian leaped back from the table when he saw the snake move.

"Deoghail am fallus bhÁƒÂ rr duine mharbh siadha tiadhan! ARE YA DAFT WOMAN? Ya carry a bloody snake around and don't warn anyone! That soddin' thing better not be venomous or I'll have ta put ya on report!"

S'Murr

[Ten Forward]
S'Murr grabbed the Scotch and took a heavy sniff. He looked over at Jada and grinned. Then began to chuckle. He took a shot of Scotch, and began to laugh outright.

"Human piss is being kind" he said between growling laughs. "But the effect is well worth the dreadful odor and taste." He poured a glass and slid it over to her. "Trust me," he said. "Besides, I owe you for that monster dose of pheromones you hit me with when we first met."
He looked over at Ian.
"Insults to your drink aside, Cap'n," he said with a toothy grin, "I would be very impressed if you long survived a fight with this young lady." He felt like there were ants in his head, and he smiled, knowing neither one of them would understand what he was about to say. "She is a hunter," he said tossing back another shot. "She leads the hunt."

Ian Galloway

[Ten Forward]

"Right now I don't bloody care what she leads until that soddin' snake is in a cage. And as to her brawlin' there's a sayin' from Earth, specifically from a bunch of heathens known as the Americans. 'God created man, Colonel Colt made the equal'. A phaser is a tremendous equalizer."

Jada

[Ten Forward]

Jada was hurt by the bad reactions to Snake, covering her with her hand for protection. 'Of course she's venomous, what good self-respecting snake isn't?' she answered unconcerned, distracted more by coaxing it out of her sleeve. 'But you don't have to worry, Snake's trained and I have a permit. I'm just taking her for a walk. And you can't keep a snake in a cage, for obvious reasons.' she said as it she let it twine around her fingers. She raised her hand, and Snake stretched out toward her face. Jada kissed it on the nose, then fed it under her collar. 'Come on, back where it's warm, you're scaring the humans.' She flexed her shoulders as the snake slithered under her clothes, and settled in the warmest place, which was clearly her bosom.

After that, she took a swig of the scotch, savouring the taste. 'Hmm, not bad. A bit weak though, and it doesn't have that aged for a hundred years quality.'

'A lot of species can ignore a low-powered phaser. I can. Brawling's better in close-quarters.'

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Jada on April 05, 2017, 03:25:30 AM

[Ten Forward]

Jada was hurt by the bad reactions to Snake, covering her with her hand for protection. 'Of course she's venomous, what good self-respecting snake isn't?' she answered unconcerned, distracted more by coaxing it out of her sleeve. 'But you don't have to worry, Snake's trained and I have a permit. I'm just taking her for a walk. And you can't keep a snake in a cage, for obvious reasons.' she said as it she let it twine around her fingers. She raised her hand, and Snake stretched out toward her face. Jada kissed it on the nose, then fed it under her collar. 'Come on, back where it's warm, you're scaring the humans.' She flexed her shoulders as the snake slithered under her clothes, and settled in the warmest place, which was clearly her bosom.

After that, she took a swig of the scotch, savouring the taste. 'Hmm, not bad. A bit weak though, and it doesn't have that aged for a hundred years quality.'

'A lot of species can ignore a low-powered phaser. I can. Brawling's better in close-quarters.'

[Ten Forward]

Ian listened to Jada speak and became more incredulous as she went on.

"Permit or no, a venomous snake has no business in a public place like Ten Forward. What ya do with the bleedin' thing in yer own quarters is yer own bloody business. I suggest ya return it ta whatever ya keep it in and if I see it outside of yer quarters again, I will be reportin' it ta the Exec.

"And I'd never bother with low power. I realize those of ya in security think ya are immortal, but ya aren't. Sooner ya remember that, the longer ya will live. Now, return yer critter ta yer quarters."

Ian spoke evenly, but it was clear by the tone of his voice, we was not making a suggestion.

Jada

[Ten Forward]

Jada tensed, her good mood evaporating by the second, a dark and dangerous look on her green face. S'Murr had been right about advising him not to fight her. She could challenge him for the insult, or at least she could back home. But here, she had to pick her fights. Jada drained her whiskey like it was water, then stood up, taking the bottle of Os'mr with her. 'I think I'm done for the evening anyway. Good night.' she farewelled curtly. With that, she stalked off, feeling she'd struck out on the whole making friends thing for a third time tonight.

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Jada on April 05, 2017, 03:54:39 AM

[Ten Forward]

Jada tensed, her good mood evaporating by the second, a dark and dangerous look on her green face. S'Murr had been right about advising him not to fight her. She could challenge him for the insult, or at least she could back home. But here, she had to pick her fights. Jada drained her whiskey like it was water, then stood up, taking the bottle of Os'mr with her. 'I think I'm done for the evening anyway. Good night.' she farewelled curtly. With that, she stalked off, feeling she'd struck out on the whole making friends thing for a third time tonight.

[Ten Forward]

Ian saw the anger, and sympathized, but a venomous snake had no place in the crew lounge, too many things could go wrong regardless of the thing's training. As Jada tossed back her drink, he tried to soften his words before she left.

"Lass ya are more than welcome ta be part of our little circle, but yer little friend cannot as it's just that it's too unpredictable in Ten Forward fer a venomous pet."

Ian watched her storm off and sighed before speaking softly to S'murr.

"Even though my Academy class in xeno-cultures discussed Orions, most of it was about the syndicate. We didn't really get into their clans or critters. I'm not certain if all Orions are as hot headed as a Klingon with a toothache as that one or if it's just her. Last thing I want ta do is cause hard feelin's."

Ian sat down and poured another drink.

"Since ya don't like single malt, what do Caitians drink when they want ta alter the universe?"

S'Murr

[Ten Forward]
S'Murr watched Jada leave.
"She's the eye," he said calmly. "The center of the storm. I wonder how in White Caitian did she get through Star Fleet Academy with that attitude." He turned back to Ian. "And she named her snake, Snake." He shook his head. "You were in no danger, Ian. Caitian claws are faster than any reptile." He regarded the whiskey bottle for a long moment. Ian had asked him a question... what was it... Oh!

"We do not normally drink our intoxicants. There is an herb that grows in shaded areas along the rivers and streams on Ferasa. We chew it to break the fibers and release a most intoxicating oil."

Ian Galloway

Quote from: S'Murr on April 05, 2017, 11:36:05 PM

[Ten Forward]
S'Murr watched Jada leave.
"She's the eye," he said calmly. "The center of the storm. I wonder how in White Caitian did she get through Star Fleet Academy with that attitude." He turned back to Ian. "And she named her snake, Snake." He shook his head. "You were in no danger, Ian. Caitian claws are faster than any reptile." He regarded the whiskey bottle for a long moment. Ian had asked him a question... what was it... Oh!

"We do not normally drink our intoxicants. There is an herb that grows in shaded areas along the rivers and streams on Ferasa. We chew it to break the fibers and release a most intoxicating oil."

[Ten Forward]

Ian nodded as S'murr spoke and shrugged.

"That is a bloody good question Mate. She's a bottle of fury waitin' ta shatter on the first poor sod what comes along at the wrong time.

"As for the viper, I was more startled than scared, as soon as I laid eyes on that triangular head and I could nae believe someone could be so irresponsible as ta go into a public place with a poisonous pet."

As S'murr spoke about the typical Caitian intoxicant, he started to laugh and laugh hard. When could finally breath he managed to stammer.

"Y-y-ya mean C-Caitians get d-d-d-drunk off of catnip? I s-suggest ya never let the r-rest of the crew know. Ya will never live that down."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.