Character DOB:  ( 2376.1.1 )
Character Image: TBA
Character Species: Half Betazoid / Half Klingon
Character Family:
Mother: Betazoid, Jayastra Aviad
Father: Klingon, K'thek Gir
No known siblings at this time.

Character Bio:

Rosiuh's Mother, Jastraya is an average Betazoid. She has no political interests but has achieved a reasonable social standing that allows her and her family a level of economic comfort and protection. She has served in the Betazoid Ambassador corps, which is how she met his father. Jastraya was in her early forties and serving as an envoy when she had a one night stand with a curious young Klingon officer. She was intrigued by K'thek's rather open minded nature for a Klingon. It was an experiment on both their parts and they went their separate ways unaware of the consequences. K'thek has no idea he is a father. Efforts to contact him when Jastraya discovered the situation went astray and Jastraya assumed that he was uninterested or embarrassed.

Rosiuh has shown a decided interest and talent for martial arts of all forms. He enjoys Tassa'Akai and expressed interest in learning the teachings of Khrysaros. He knows he is part Klingon, but his encounters with him have been extremely limited until now. Most of his learning regarding his father's people has been from history archives and second-hand stories. He is naturally curious.

Showing telepathic talent at an early age Rosiuh was sent to a special school, but soon returned to his mother's house. His temper can be volatile and paired with his innate abilities his emotional outbursts could be overwhelming for other sensitive youngsters. It was felt that private tutoring with a skilled teacher would be more beneficial until he could achieve better self-control. His childhood was rather isolated until his late teens for these reasons.

Despite his upbringing, Rosiuh doesn't feel completely at home or comfortable among his Betazoid relatives. Nor do they always feel comfortable around him. Though he has learned to control his instinctive leanings towards violence, both parties are well aware it still exists. Despite his father's genetic heritage, Rosiuh is emotionally and mentally far closer to Betazoid than Klingon. He is a reasonable empath with a sound talent for spotting a person in emotional distress. When he expressed an interest in the medical field, his mother was fully encouraging. Hard work and determination helped him reach the head of his classes in school. With Jayastra's approval, wanting to further his medical training, and a desire to learn more about his father's people, Rosiuh applied for further training at the Starfleet Academy.

Previous Role-Playing Experience: I've been RPing since the early eighties as well as taking part in various MUDs (multi-user dungeons). I've helped with making blueprints layouts for various holds and halls, forum and NPC character descriptions, monitored and created player activities and posts as well as issued warnings for IC and OOC infractions.

Department Preference: Medical
Secondary Department Preference: Science
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

Rosiuh followed quietly in his mother's wake as the older Betazoid woman strolled gracefully through the gardens. He always felt somewhat ungainly next to her but knew it was simply an illusion created by his own mind. He was shorter and stockier than the average Betazoid, but graceful enough in his own right. "You won't be able to wear that in the Academy." Jayastra informed her son bringing his straying thoughts back into focus. She disliked the head covering he sometimes wore seeing it as a kind of lie rather than an effort to fit in with his so-called peers.

Slowly Rosiuh reached up and removed the offending strip of cloth. Though softer and less pronounced than what he assumed his father's would have looked like, the sagittal crest of his forehead clearly marked his Klingon descent as surely as his solid black eyes told of his Betazoid heritage. He smiled faintly, mouth closed, before replying. "I merely wished to give others a chance to get to know me before they make a judgment." He pointed out with little hope of winning the argument.

Jayastra frowned at him and Rosiuh kept his chin up, meeting her gaze calmly. "Let them see and know you, Rosiuh. Their judgments with come regardless of that silly piece of material." Her hand reached out to affectionately pat his cheek. "If you have to hide who you are for people to accept you, they aren't really accepting you. How many times have I told you that?" She scolded him gently, but firmly as she raised a disapproving eyebrow. "I've had them all removed from your packing. Do not disappoint me in this, Rosiuh. I've agreed to you coming here. I think it will do you good to experience more of the world. Now take give that to me and off you go. Remember to behave yourself. You have just enough time to get to your meeting." His mother held out her hand for the offending head covering as if for all the worlds she was sending him off to primary school for the day and not Starfleet for who knew how long before they'd see each other again.

Rosiuh dropped his gaze and nodded, handing it over obediently before he hugged Jayastra with a quicksilver flash of a grin. "I'll write as often as I can. I promise." He told her. They were the first words that were spoken aloud between them since they'd arrived. Jayastra smiled and chuckled softly making a shooing motion with her hand.

"Be sure you do." She replied as he turned and hurried off, away from the press of their emotions, neither feeling the need to say out loud what could be felt by both in the very air around them. Her eyes tracked him until he was out of sight as Rosiuh turned and hurried off towards his waiting future.

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet?
Octavius Reo

Kirok

Rosiuh,

A very nice application!

Can you help me with a few questions?

You mention Betan and Betazoid.
Can you confirm that you want your character to be 1/2 Betazoid (like Deanna Troi) and 1/2 Klingon?

Can you provide an image for your character?
We like to use http://stavatars.com/?page=avatars.

Finally, I can try to get you on the same ship as Octavius Reo.
However, I you are also friends with Kali Reyes, I can put on the same ship as her alt, Shani.
Please let me know your preference.

Thanks,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Rosiuh Aviad

I thought I'd corrected all those, but apparently, I missed a few. When I start writing up an idea for a character I'll begin with a bunch of random ideas and often use my own shorthand for longer words to save time as I have dyslexia. Then I use find and replace with the correct spellings when I start to join it all up into a coherent paragraph.

I would like Rosiuh to be half Betazoid and Half Klingon. I have asked a friend to make a manipulation of the CF I would like to use, but they aren't finished with it yet.

As for where I end up, I'm very easy to get along with and happy with whatever works for you.

Kirok

Quote from: Rosiuh on January 02, 2017, 05:19:42 PM

I thought I'd corrected all those, but apparently, I missed a few. When I start writing up an idea for a character I'll begin with a bunch of random ideas and often use my own shorthand for longer words to save time as I have dyslexia. Then I use find and replace with the correct spellings when I start to join it all up into a coherent paragraph.

I would like Rosiuh to be half Betazoid and Half Klingon. I have asked a friend to make a manipulation of the CF I would like to use, but they aren't finished with it yet.

As for where I end up, I'm very easy to get along with and happy with whatever works for you.

Rosiuh,

Thanks for the email and thanks for answering the questions ;-)

I can put you on Starbase Columbus in their Medical Department.

Please report into Luke Stafford and Dan Howell.

Would you like to take our Officer Training Class right away or hold off on that for a bit?

Please let us know and also let us know when the image is ready!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.