Author Topic: Octavius Reo - Reporting In (December 26, 2016)  (Read 968 times)

Offline Octavius Reo

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Octavius Reo - Reporting In (December 26, 2016)
« on: December 26, 2016, 08:53:20 pm »
Character Details

Character Name: Octavius Reo

Character Age: 27 Earth Years

Character DOB: May 29, 2367

Character Species: Serosian

Character Image:

Character Family:
Octavius' family is all Serosian, be they isomorphic or organic. With the ship fully staffed, his mother and father had branched out into the idea of isomorphic children. After their second one, an off-hand comment inspired them to birth a child to see how the ones they had programmed could compare to a real child.

Nine years, and four more isomorphic iterations, later they gave birth to their second or eighth child; depending on how one looked at the situation. Not really being all that creative when it came to naming, Octavius and his siblings are simply named in numerical order. When he decided to leave the ship, he chose a more standard name; not wanting to continue being referred to by the Serosian word for the number Eight.

Character Bio:

The thing his Great-Grandfather had hated about the Serosian people as a whole was that a good majority of them treated their beautiful creations, the Isomorphs, as a sub-class species. They were treated as tools much like the machines used to create them; no matter that they were given the ability to think and feel much the same as their creators. Gathering a group of like-minded people, and the majority of his family, they set out for the stars in a ship large enough to support them for a few generations while they found a new home.

Isomorphs were constructed and programmed to evade the more hostile species of the Delta Quadrant; an issue that was no easy task in many instances. It took the greater part of two generations to reach Federation space simply because they had no true destination in mind when they set out. They would skirt near hostile space and change direction; effectively ping-ponging across the galaxy until they were welcomed at a planet-based Federation colony.

It was there that a young Octavius got his first look at how other species lived, and he was fascinated. He had never set foot on an actual planet before. As much as he would like to say he had to beg his parents to leave him behind when the ship left, it was rather disappointingly easy for them to move on without him. Being the ‘eighth child' had that effect more often than not; especially considering that six of the seven before him were isomorphic and not organic- and no, he did not find his parent's choice of naming conventions amusing.

The young man, barely old enough to be on his own by Federation standards, got in more than a few scrapes that first year. None of the outposts residents were too excited to be saddled with a kid that was used to being able to reprogram anyone that disagreed with him. Tav knew his way around a circuit board, and often boasted he could program an A.I. blind-folded, but he was not exactly what anyone could consider socially graceful.

Tired of him getting into trouble, but at the same time not wanting to set him adrift in space alone, the leader of the outpost convinced him to sign up for Starfleet Academy. 'If you ever want to get anywhere in life, you have to go there first,' the man had said. There was nothing really there for him at that colony, so Octavius went.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: I have been role-playing for the better part of the past twenty years in chat rooms, MUDs [Multi-User Dungeons], and of course forums like this one. For what it's worth, I've also been admin/builder a time or two.

Department Preference: Engineering

Secondary Department Preference: Security

Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

'Pearl, what do you tinker with?''I am bored, there is no class tomorrow; let us go drink,''You are no t'gla, Octavius! Let us show off your new toy!' Tav joined him laughter, and movement or else he would be pulled from his feet. N'kruhk may not be as interested in studying as he was, but he could always be trusted to get Octavius out of the dorm once in a while.

Additional information:
If possible, I would like to request the open Engineering position on the Discovery.

How did you find Shadow Fleet?

Kali Reyes

*Edit: Fixed the Image Link
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:52:08 pm by Octavius Reo »

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Octavius Reo - Reporting In (December 26, 2016)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 12:20:40 am »
Hello Octavius,

i'm a moderator here on the boards. I will not be the one reviewing your application or approving it. However, with the holidays going on we have been slow in getting back to you. Just wanted to reassure you that the administrators are on the case. I love the application, and it read very well. I have no doubt that it will be approved soon. Please come to me if you have any questions.

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 06:20:24 pm »
Octavius,

I like your application- very creative!

Apologies for the delay- the holidays are a rough time.

I can offer you a Engineering Department assignment on the USS Athena or the USS Discovery. The USS Discovery has a higher character count at the moment than the USS Athena but I will leave the choice up to you.

On both ships we have room for either an enlisted character in that department or a commissioned. If you'd like to begin as a Commissioned character, I can set up an OTC (Officer Training Course for you.

What would you prefer? Athena or Discovery? Commissioned* or Enlisted?

Regards,
Constance

PS*: I saw your preference but wanted to make sure you are ok taking the Officer Training Course.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Octavius Reo

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 07:59:53 pm »
haha What delay? It wasn't even 24 hours. I certainly did not expect a response any sooner, so thanks for being as quick as it was. I'm glad you both enjoyed the application, and I look forward to writing with you.

Thank you for the offer, Captain, but I would prefer the USS Discovery for now. And yes, please, I look forward to the challenge of the OTC. Hope to hear from you soon.

~Octavius

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 09:10:40 pm »
Fantastic. I've assigned you to the USS Discovery as an Engineering Cadet. Your Captain, Admiral Kirok, is currently on LOA due to a family emergency but please jump into the thread and report to Commander Tekin Nevir, the XO of the Discovery and make sure to give Lt. (Jr. Grade) Leela Kaz a message- she's the department head for Engineering on the Disco :-)

I'll set up your OTC when time allows.

On, and welcome to Shadow Fleet!  ;D

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles