Target Practice (New Players, Tritter, Open)

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, December 23, 2016, 03:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Firing Range]

It was quite an effort for Stafford to stretch out on his stomach these days, but he could do it for a short period of time. He was doing so now, his shorter, wizened old body in the prone position. The phaser rifle was snug to his cheek, his nose on it's anterior stock. The rifle was part of his body, an extension of his flesh and bone. His eyes and brain scanned the target lane ahead.

A tiny glittering target flitted off in the distance. Stafford smoothly bisected it with the front sight of his rifle, squeezed the trigger. It's beam leaped out and incinerated the target.

"=/\=End of round four. Targets hit: 14/15.=/\="

Not bad for an old sawbones. Stafford thought to himself. He put the phaser on safe, laid it down, and began the slow, gradual process of getting to his feet. Once he was bipedal, he tapped his commbadge:

"=/\=Captain Stafford to Tritter, Severbridge, Jones, Morgan, and Reed. I'm having a bit of fun at the target range. You're certainly free to join me if you're in the mood.=/\="

LK Reede

"=/\=Captain Stafford to Tritter, Severbridge, Jones, Morgan, and Reed. I'm having a bit of fun at the target range. You're certainly free to join me if you're in the mood.=/\="

[Personal Quarters]

Ensign Reede's ears perked up at the invitation. What a wonderful way to pass the time, she thought.

=/\=Reede here, sir. On my way.=/\=

[Firing Range]

Picking up a phaser rifle and, as an afterthought, a phaser pistol, Ensign Reede stood in front of the range doors until they opened. She looked around a bit, taking in the long counter and the open area next to it.

Stand and shoot or lay and shoot. Either way is good practice.

"Hello, captain," she called out as she stepped up to the counter and laid the rifle down. She took out the pistol and checked the settings. "It's a good day to learn new tricks," she commented.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Luke Stafford on December 23, 2016, 03:02:47 PM

[Firing Range]

It was quite an effort for Stafford to stretch out on his stomach these days, but he could do it for a short period of time. He was doing so now, his shorter, wizened old body in the prone position. The phaser rifle was snug to his cheek, his nose on it's anterior stock. The rifle was part of his body, an extension of his flesh and bone. His eyes and brain scanned the target lane ahead.

A tiny glittering target flitted off in the distance. Stafford smoothly bisected it with the front sight of his rifle, squeezed the trigger. It's beam leaped out and incinerated the target.

"=/\=End of round four. Targets hit: 14/15.=/\="

Not bad for an old sawbones. Stafford thought to himself. He put the phaser on safe, laid it down, and began the slow, gradual process of getting to his feet. Once he was bipedal, he tapped his commbadge:

Tritter had been teaching some of the new Security Officers the ropes of the job, suffice it to say they were very green, but a task like that is something he was very good at. He had just dismissed them and his comm badge went off, he than heard the Captain request his presence at the target range. He pondered a moment, this could indeed be fun, he than tapped his comm badge and said "Yes, I will be there shortly" He walked over to the armory, and picked himself both a phaser pistol and a phaser rifle. The phaser pistol he picked was more like a traditional sidearm, not a regular phaser... The man was a fan of such unique weapons.

He would sling the rifle behind his back and place the pistol in a holster on his right thigh. He would than exit the Security area and make his way over to the target range, which naturally was not too far away, just a few decks and a less than thrilling turbo lift ride up a few decks. He exited the turbo lift, ducking slightly before he exited and making his way to the target range. The man made his way inside, he looked about for a familiar face, he would recognize the Captain and Reede, he would make his way over to them. He would than state, "Hello Captain, Cadet Reede", his tone even and smooth as he spoke

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Firing Range]

Stafford grinned as the others showed up. He was just a bit more steady on his feet these days after all of his injuries, but he still looked like he'd been through hell.

"Morning Chief, cadet. Glad you could make it. It's a fine day for shooting, I think we can all agree." The captain said. "Let's get to it, shall we?"

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Luke Stafford on December 27, 2016, 01:11:15 PM

[Firing Range]

Stafford grinned as the others showed up. He was just a bit more steady on his feet these days after all of his injuries, but he still looked like he'd been through hell.

"Morning Chief, cadet. Glad you could make it. It's a fine day for shooting, I think we can all agree." The captain said. "Let's get to it, shall we?"

Tritter watched Stafford's movements closely, he could tell they appeared... Worn, for lack of a better term. He would than nod to their statement and he replied with, "It is always a good day for shooting" his heavily accented voice actually had, for once, a bit of humor interjected into his tone as he spoke.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.