New Years Sock Hop (Open!)

Started by Kali Reyes, December 22, 2016, 07:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kali Reyes

[Kestrel VII - Event Horizon Bar and Grill]

Classy, but fun. That was how an officer's New Year's Eve party should be like. If you were used to spending New Year's on your planet freezing or burning your redundant organs off, Event Horizon was where it was at.

It was nestled on the Goldilocks band on a tidally-locked planet. Kestrel VII was one of the few unique places where hospitable life could only build cities along the vertical band, sandwiched between the world shaking storms that built up everywhere else. It was constantly twilight, sunrise, and never the other extreme.

The belt city's dome made the natural twilight darker to follow its artificial chronometer and it really set the partying mood. The Event Horizon's doors were already open and civilians and officers alike were spilling into the terrace where most of the action happened.

Kali dragged Kinley along because why not? She loved girls night, especially when Yates and Anderson were too busy spending time with their own families for the holidays. Nearby, an alien covered head to foot in swirling tattoos just blew out fire from a torch to a delighted crowd. The newest trend of spiral-pop music made her bounce a bit along to the music.

"This is great!" she shouted over the crowd. The smell of roasted pork (or at least she thought it was pork) started to fill the air. "Do you drink? Maybe we can get a few guys to buy us drinks!"

Jettis Jyur

[Kestrel VII - City Center > Horizon Bar and Grill]

Jettis had been happy to be off duty when they had landed on Kestrel VII. Then he could immediately hop off to go do what he pleased.
For a long time, he had spoken to the natives, curious about what they did for fun, and not to mention what the best drinks were. Another thing he was glad to have, proper food, proper drinks. Not computer replicated ones. Just the thought and he was already ready to head to the bar.

After deciding he had had enough socialization, he followed his instinct of heading toward the bar and grill happily. More weaving around people ensued, as he struggled to dodge people carrying trays of food and drink for large parties. He saw one person with no less than fourteen plates passing by. And the entertainers were endless, it was like being at a Carnival, except more fun.
Side stepping more people pouring in from the tritanium-works, he once again almost tripped over someone. Muttering what had to be his thirtieth apology, he spared a short glance before heading off - and then immediately back-tracking.

"Well hey, drinking buddy! Of course I ran into you here." He chuckled, smirking at Kali, before looking over at Kinley. "She manage to coax you here? Watch your liver around this one." He winked, though at who nobody could be sure.
Stepping back to dodge yet another person nearly plowing into him, he caught sight briefly of his brother somewhere in the crowd, before losing him again. Turning his attention back to Kali and Kinley, he nodded his head toward a quieter, less bustling corner of the grill. "Come on!" He mouthed it more than said it, since he knew they wouldn't hear him anyway.

Klabax Cottle

[Medical Bay]

Klabax had been drafted to be a doctor-on-standby. The local medical facilities were adequate, but wasn't exactly prepared for an entire starship to unleash its officers in an intentional opportunity to be stupid.

The whole concept of this event made little sense to him... but they'd asked for a Doctor so a doctor they would get. It was also a good opportunity for him to snag a few more people who needed their physicals done.

He sat back and waited for the first person with a holiday- related malady to walk in the doors.

Klabax Cottle~Denobulan Male

Alt Account of Dylan Torngate

Kinley Garrison

[Kestrel VII Á¢â,¬"œ Event Horizon Bar and Grill]

Kinley instinctively did not care much for large crowds, but the dance floor and the chance to finally take a break from all of her warp theory homework (Ok, it was more like procrastinating. ) called to her. And why not? After a week straight of late-shift scanner checks and endless peer-based reviews, the young scientist was more than ready to explore something new.
She could feel the deep bass throbbing through the floor before she and Kali even entered the club. It was from some really cool band whose style was a really sweet fusion of Earth EDM and a style of music from some other planet Kinley didn't remember. Bobbing her head to the rhythmic beats, Kinley almost didn't hear Kali over the music

Quote from: Kali Reyes on December 22, 2016, 07:56:00 PM

"This is great!" she shouted over the crowd. The smell of roasted pork (or at least she thought it was pork) started to fill the air. "Do you drink? Maybe we can get a few guys to buy us drinks!"

"Nah, I don't drink. But I'll hang out with you over there. The view for watching cute guys must be really good from there. I'm sure with our combined good looks, we'll get a couple guys." Grinned Kinley.
As they walked deeper through the bustling throng of people, Kinley heard a familiar voice.
Quote from: Jettis Jyur on December 23, 2016, 02:22:34 AM

[Kestrel VII - City Center > Horizon Bar and Grill]

"Well hey, drinking buddy! Of course I ran into you here." He chuckled, smirking at Kali, before looking over at Kinley. "She manage to coax you here? Watch your liver around this one." He winked, though at who nobody could be sure.
Stepping back to dodge yet another person nearly plowing into him, he caught sight briefly of his brother somewhere in the crowd, before losing him again. Turning his attention back to Kali and Kinley, he nodded his head toward a quieter, less bustling corner of the grill. "Come on!" He mouthed it more than said it, since he knew they wouldn't hear him anyway.

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on December 23, 2016, 07:02:20 PM

"Nah, I don't drink. But I'll hang out with you over there. The view for watching cute guys must be really good from there. I'm sure with our combined good looks, we'll get a couple guys." Grinned Kinley.
As they walked deeper through the bustling throng of people, Kinley heard a familiar voice.

[Event Horizon]

Kinley didn't have to speculate at all. Three civilians and an officer looked itching to come over. She made sure they played disinterested for the sake of the game. "More drinks for me!" she told her brightly. "Don't worry, I'm winggal-ing tonight. Just pick your poison and I'll ring it in - and I don't mean the alcohol." Because tonight she wasn't the Chief - she was just party hard Kali celebrating the New Year with friends.

Quote from: Jettis Jyur on December 23, 2016, 02:22:34 AM

"Hey stranger!" she shouted back as Jettis came over. She managed to hear something about her liver and lightly smacked him on the arm with a laugh. "I want to remember this night, you know!"

They were directed to somewhere a little less stifling. It made a pretty good vantage point to take in the impending fireworks and the crowd. Making sure they didn't lose Kinley to the crowd, they navigated on for the corner.

Kinley Garrison

[Event Horizon]
Kinley breathed a sigh of relief as they moved over to a slightly less crowded corner of the grill. It was a bit of relief to not have to dodge the stampede of people who were pouring in the dimly lit grill. "So, what have you been up to, friend?" Kinley asked, still trying to be heard over the pounding bass.

Jettis Jyur

Quote from: Kali Reyes on December 23, 2016, 07:18:35 PM

[Event Horizon]

Kinley didn't have to speculate at all. Three civilians and an officer looked itching to come over. She made sure they played disinterested for the sake of the game. "More drinks for me!" she told her brightly. "Don't worry, I'm winggal-ing tonight. Just pick your poison and I'll ring it in - and I don't mean the alcohol." Because tonight she wasn't the Chief - she was just party hard Kali celebrating the New Year with friends.

"Hey stranger!" she shouted back as Jettis came over. She managed to hear something about her liver and lightly smacked him on the arm with a laugh. "I want to remember this night, you know!"

They were directed to somewhere a little less stifling. It made a pretty good vantage point to take in the impending fireworks and the crowd. Making sure they didn't lose Kinley to the crowd, they navigated on for the corner.

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on December 29, 2016, 09:15:20 PM

[Event Horizon]
Kinley breathed a sigh of relief as they moved over to a slightly less crowded corner of the grill. It was a bit of relief to not have to dodge the stampede of people who were pouring in the dimly lit grill. "So, what have you been up to, friend?" Kinley asked, still trying to be heard over the pounding bass.

[Event Horizon]
Jettis twisted around, smirking. Relaxing as they reached a more mellow location, he propped himself against the wall, crossing his arms. He puffed his lower lip out when Kali complained about wanting to remember the night. "Where's the fun in that? Besides, you owe me a New Years drink." He grinned automatically, before his gaze shifted over to Kinley.
"Nothing much that you don't already know. Researching time travel and ancient customs and what not. Most of my time is spent working." He fidgeted slightly, switching which arm was crossed over the other, and which leg he balanced on. "What 'bout you? Anything interesting happen? Design any holodeck programs?" A ghost of a smirk might have appeared on his face, but no one could know for sure, with how quickly it vanished.

Kinley Garrison

[Event Horizon]
"Yeah, actually, I have. Whenever my professors decide to give me a break on my homework, I've been fixing the bugs on a really sweet fantasy adventure program.  Call me a major nerd if you want, but my level 33 Archer/Mage can totally kick butt, if you know what I mean.  But we didn't come all the way over here to just chit-chat." She eyed the dance floor slightly mischievously . "I'll make a little bet with you two. Whoever dances the best gets to buy dinner. What do you say?"

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on January 04, 2017, 10:11:58 PM

[Event Horizon]
"Yeah, actually, I have. Whenever my professors decide to give me a break on my homework, I've been fixing the bugs on a really sweet fantasy adventure program.  Call me a major nerd if you want, but my level 33 Archer/Mage can totally kick butt, if you know what I mean.  But we didn't come all the way over here to just chit-chat." She eyed the dance floor slightly mischievously . "I'll make a little bet with you two. Whoever dances the best gets to buy dinner. What do you say?"

[Event Horizon]

Kali playfully rolled her eyes and held her palms up. "That's a horrible bet. Winner gets to pay? You might as well have asked me to personally foot the bill." Because no one danced a storm to post-modern sonicwave like Kali did. "And you know how expensive the food is here? Way above my pay grade-"

The main DJ lowered the music and spoke loudly into the microphone. "Good evening, ladies, gentlemen, and every alien in between! We'd like to thank our sponsor tonight for the spectacular New Year's Eve Bon Voyage Night - the colonial juggernaut Reyes Industries!"

Kali paled. They weren't supposed to mention the sponsors. She nervously grinned at her two crew buddies. "Hey, what do you know? Human last names are so common with a population of 30.5 billion-"

"Give a round of the pause for the belle of the hour! Little Miss Kali Reyes!" The DJ trilled and the spotlight danced around the crowd until they all centered above Kali's head. The crowd cheered and Kali cringed until the attention died down.

She clapped her hands together in defeat to salvage this embarrassment. "Uh, heh-heh! That was weird! You said something about dancing, Kinley? Let's dance!"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.