Started by S'Murr, December 22, 2016, 01:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S'Murr

Character Details

Name: S'Murr
Date of Birth: 51774.5
Character Image:

Race: Caitian
Character Family: Mother: M'Roll. Father: M'sirr. 15 siblings and 62 cousins, 9 direct Aunts and 8 direct Uncles.
Character Bio:
It's hard to stand out when you're the 7th of 15 siblings. S'Murr, however, found at a young age that he had a talent for tinkering. Having an extended family numbering nearly 100 members, he had plenty of opportunities to hone his skills in repairing and even improving replicators, vehicles, personal communicators, data terminals, holo-vid units, and so on. Although intelligent, S'Murr was not a focused student, often using his tinkering abilities to play pranks on teachers and students rather than spend that time and energy on his studies. When he was supposed to be researching Caitian History, he was more often reading some fictional adventure data file. Still he managed "acceptable" grades in school, though he impressed no one. When it came time to choose a career, S'Murr's unmated Aunt S'Rurr recommended "Star Fleet". S'Murr had not considered that option; it simply had not occurred to him.
Despite a few complaints from elders, S'Murr had found his calling. Not only would he have the chance to get his hands on the latest technology, he would explore a few of those "Strange new worlds". It was in Star Fleet that S'Murr finally found his focus and immersed himself into his studies. The one exception was his "Passing" grade in Communications systems. Due to Caitian's excellent hearing, they often find themselves seated at the Communications post; not terribly adventurous, and likely very dull. To avoid the fate of so many other Caitians, he purposely under-performed in this area.

Your Details
Previous Role-Playing Experience: AD&D, Villains & Vigilantes, Mechwarrior, and BESM.
Department Preference: Engineering
Secondary Department Preference: Science
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Enlisted
Sample post:
S'Murr set his bag down next to the small bed, and looked around the tiny room.
"You must be SaMurr," said a friendly voice.
"S'Murr," he replied turning to meet the crewman in the doorway to the two-crewman room.
"Right," said the thin, smiling human. S'Murr remembered not to smile back; many humans found Caitian smiles somewhat threatening. "I'm Tanner, your berth-mate." S'Murr put out a hand, and Tanner shook it without hesitation. "Welcome aboard the Tempest."
"A pleasure, Tanner," he said.
"So, did you get your assignment yet?" S'Murr shook his head; a human gesture he had acquired in training.
"Not yet. I'm hoping for Engineering, I'm a born tinkerer. I also scored well in the sciences though, so no matter the needs of the ship," he said, "I'll land on my feet." Tanner blinked a few times. "That was a pun, Tanner," said S'Murr flicking his tail. "A human reference to your domestic felines." Tanner shook his head and chuckled.
"I was a little nervous when I found out my berth-mate was going to be a Caitian," Tanner admitted. "I think we'll get along fine though."
"I agree," said S'Murr alowing himself a smile. Tanner raised his eyebrows, but didn't seem uneasy.
"Well, let me know if I can help you with anything, roomie."
"Could you direct me to sick bay?"
"Sure," said Tanner. "Something important?"
"Not really. I just need a hypo." S'Murr flicked his tail again, and looked to the floor. "I'm slightly allergic to humans," he barely more than whispered.
"Of course you are," said Tanner with a crooked smile.

How did you find Shadow Fleet?
Ian Galloway

Kirok

S'Murr,

A very nice application!

We have an open spot in the Engineering Department on the Tempest (the same ship Ian serves on ;-)

If you would like to take our Enlisted Training Course right away, I can set you up with an instructor.

Please let me know if the ship assignment works for you and if you want to the the ETC right away.

Sincerely,

Kirok

PS - Your image is very similar to K'lizh (except for the eyes), so I think it is OK!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

S'Murr

That sounds like an excellent idea. I look forward to seeing Ensign(?) Galloway aboard the Tempest.
I'll get on the Training Course at the instructor's earliest convenience.
It turns out that finding a Caitian avatar is something of a pain in the byoo-tox. I have no issue changing it if I need to.

Kirok

Quote from: ironnerd on December 22, 2016, 01:53:52 AM

That sounds like an excellent idea. I look forward to seeing Ensign(?) Galloway aboard the Tempest.
I'll get on the Training Course at the instructor's earliest convenience.
It turns out that finding a Caitian avatar is something of a pain in the byoo-tox. I have no issue changing it if I need to.

I too at one point tried to find other avatars.

The eyes are different enough for me ;-)
His are yellow, yours are not.

So, you can report into Julia Rellek and Will Warning on the Tempest for duty.

I will ask Kali to start your ETC as soon as possible.
She will PM you when she is ready!

Welcome aboard!

Kirok

S'Murr

Klizh

Kirok, K'lizh's fur is brown, not blonde. Are you saying we Caitians all look the same to you?

Welcome aboard, S'More.  Nice to be getting another Caitian shipmate to help shed all over the captain's furniture.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Kirok

Quote from: Klizh on December 22, 2016, 04:49:25 PM

Kirok, K'lizh's fur is brown, not blonde. Are you saying we Caitians all look the same to you?

Welcome aboard, S'More.  Nice to be getting another Caitian shipmate to help shed all over the captain's furniture.

I didn't catch that.

Sorry ;-)  LOL

S'Murr

Quote from: Klizh on December 22, 2016, 04:49:25 PM

The pleasure is mine, K'Lizh.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.