Starbase Columbus 2016 Awards!

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, December 19, 2016, 11:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

Hello, everyone!

Welcome to the first ever Starbase Columbus awards! Right in time for the holidays, too.

It's been so much fun and a privilege to serve as your Commanding Officer lo these past few months. I have enjoyed greatly working with everyone and watching you all grow as our base has grown.

Months ago, the base was a backwater for secondary accounts, where a good month was a mission with five pages. Now we are one of the most active SIMMs in the Fleet, and it's all thanks to you!

With that in mind, let's get the ball rolling with some awards.

Captain's Personal Merit Award
Awarded in January and July by the commanding officer, to a player of his or her choosing.

I am starting off the awards ceremony and giving this award to Admiral Chris Newberry. Chris is technically a member of the Columbus crew, and while he doesn't post in missions, he's been with Shadow Fleet for ten years and is our founder. I felt he was deserving of special recognition.

Crew Choice Award
Awarded in January and July to the winner of the Crew's Choice Poll.

I have to say that I was surprised by but agreed with the sentiment expressed by the crew over in the Crew Choice Poll. Michael Tritter, our chief of security, local irascible curmudgeon, and Second Officer is your choice for this award! Congrats, Mike, but how you ever got so many people to vote for you is beyond me... :P

Outstanding Commitment Award
Awarded in January and July to players who are always online and posting regularly in missions.

I award this ribbon to Hust Kinun. He's a tertiary character for an already active Fleet member, and yet always finds time to be online and post in missions.

Contribution Award
Awarded in January and July to players who make contributions outside of missions. These could include submitting mission ideas and helping new members settle in.

I award this to Michael Tritter for his welcoming spirit, and to Alex Harmon and Ensign Sevoc for their contributions to the SIMM and Shadow Fleet as a whole with mission ideas and plot ideas.

That's part one of the awards! Stay tuned, Dan Howell and Mike Tritter will be presenting more soon. Congrats to all those who won!

Daniel Howell

This has been a great couple of missions and some of the best that I have been a part of. When I first joined the Starbase a few months ago now, it was a very quiet place where as Luke said, a good mission would be 5 pages, but this SIMM has just grown and grown and to RP with all of you is awesome and it's thanks to you that we are now just as active as the other starship SIMM's.

So without further ado, the awards as follows:

Posting Excellence Award
Lt. Jamie McConnell So this the first and probably one of the biggest posting awards in the awards season and this award goes to Jamie because I feel that her posts have been just amazing. I know she only joined us at the start of the November mission, but reading her posts and having the chance to actually RP with her during the mission has just been awesome. Her posts are so descriptive that at first, it caught even me by surprise. It's just so amazing the way that she brings the character of Jamie to life in each and every post.

Most Improved Player Award
Ensign Hust Kinun So Hust is our JAG Officer and joined us towards the end of September and when he first started, his posts were good, but in my opinion just lacked something, however over the course of two missions, and certainly during the November mission, his posts have got far more descriptive and I can see a notable improvement in his overall interactivity with the other players (Even though if I remember rightly he was inactive for a period).

Descriptive Combat Award
Lt. Jamie McConnell Now I know Jamie has only been with us for the November mission, but WOW! Her posts were just incredible. Each post was immersive, contained clear actions, emotions and were a privilege to read. I also loved how the description also went as far as including thoughts in her head and the way especially in one of her first posts on the mission she was thought about something and replied to that thought to herself in her head.

Best Newcomer Award
Ensign Sevoc Sevoc joined us in October and has been with us now for two missions and I have to say in that time, his posts have been quite good. Although yes, there have been dips in his activity and some of his posts aren't the best or most immersive (Neither are some of mine), I think that he has the real potential to improve, although I have noticed improvement since he first joined two months ago.

Most Engaging Member Award
Lt. Micheal Tritter I am giving this award to Micheal because I feel that his posts are quite engaging. Micheal is one of the people that I always stop and read his posts (Though I read all from everyone)! His posts are great and the way he posts mean that if the mission is stalling slightly, the post can actually move the mission along a bit which is just excellent.

Best Duo Award
Ensign Zex and Lt. Jamie McConnell Zex joined us about 3/4 months ago and was only on the base for a short time before being re-assigned and only re-joined us during the November mission, so the way that Zex and Jamie were able to interact with each other in their posts thought the entire mission and keep that going right through, even towards the end when the events allowed for a little more movement opportunity around the base for both characters replied to each other in such an engaging and in depth way was just incredible. Their responses to each other were descriptive (Especially Jamie's) and overall I felt that considering they had quite a restricted role being in Sickbay for most of the mission, it didn't seem to hinder their 'Duo' posting.

Executive Officers Personal Merit Award
Lt. Micheal Tritter Tritter was recently promoted to SO and Lieutenant and from the time that I served with him, I have found that his posts are so engaging and so in depth and I really overall feel that he deserves recognition for his amazing posts and ability to interact with other players. He is also great to RP with on a 1 on 1 level.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Malcolm Adeyemi

Awards have been distributed! Let's hear some chatter for our award winners!

Stand by for Mike, who will announce our Service Awards!

Sevoc

Congratulations to all and thank you

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Michael J. Tritter

Thank you all for letting me role play with ya'all. It has been my pleasure to serve as your Second Officer and I hope to continue to do so. We are seen as the standard of the Fleet and lets keep it up.

And now, the best has been saved for last.

For our old farts (aka three year Veterans of Shadow Fleet)

Lieutenant Michael Tritter (Oh wait... I just called myself old)

Six Month:

Doctor (Lieutenant) Jamie McConnell
Lieutenant Junior Grade Ashley Weir
Ensign Zex
Chaplain Vem

Thank you all for your continued service, I look forward to continuing to role play with you all.

Thank you,

MJT

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Chris Newberry

Congrats to everyone who got awarded an award. Now I need to straighten mine out some... *looks into the awards coding*

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Daniel Howell

Just quickly, I'd like to post an additional award that I seem to have forgotten (Oh dear... Sorry :D)

Rib Tickler Award
Chaplin Vem I am awarding this to Vem for the consistently great posts he makes and also the way that he puts the dialect/pronunciation on to written words is just incredible. His posts are witty, funny and a great pleasure to read and I can assure you all, I have laughed at many of Vem's posts!

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Kirok

Columbus crew,

Congratulations to all the award recipients!

I am particularly proud of this group and of this SIMM.

Some people said that a Starbase SIMM would not work.  Some said the timing was wrong.  Some just flat out said no to the idea.

But you have proved them all wrong!  And I could not be happier!  Or more proud!

Hats off to your excellent Command Officers for making the Columbus the place players want to be!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Malcolm Adeyemi

All awards have been given. If I've missed one, please let me know!

Congratulations to the crew of the Starbase Columbus. Like Kirok said, there was resistance to this idea, there was doubt that it would ever work, and more than a few people worked their hardest to make sure that it never got off the ground.

But it did.

It did thanks to you all, and now the Columbus is one of the most active, and by far the most unique place on the Fleet to roleplay. I can't tell you how much that means to me, and how hard I, Dan, and Mike will work for you all to ensure that the SB remains that way.

Alex Harmon

Congratulations everyone!

I'll admit, I myself was sceptical of a Starbase SIMM but you've all turned it into something great and an amazing SIMM.

James H. Hawk's Alt

LK Reede

Congrats to everyone!

Personally, I like playing on a Star Base. There's so many more places to hide than on a ship.

Hust Kinun

Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Jamie McConnell

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on December 19, 2016, 11:47:29 PM

Thank you all for letting me role play with ya'all. It has been my pleasure to serve as your Second Officer and I hope to continue to do so. We are seen as the standard of the Fleet and lets keep it up.

And now, the best has been saved for last.

For our old farts (aka three year Veterans of Shadow Fleet)

Lieutenant Michael Tritter (Oh wait... I just called myself old)

Six Month:

Doctor (Lieutenant) Jamie McConnell
Lieutenant Junior Grade Ashley Weir
Ensign Zex
Chaplain Vem

Thank you all for your continued service, I look forward to continuing to role play with you all.

Thank you,

MJT

I've been on the board for over a year.

Congratulations everyone and thank you or your amazing compliments Daniel and I'm especially glad that you're still using the picture I made for you XD

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Jamie McConnell on December 22, 2016, 12:53:23 AM

Congratulations everyone and thank you or your amazing compliments Daniel and I'm especially glad that you're still using the picture I made for you XD

Sorry about the miscalculation of your join date. I will fix it tomorrow when I'm at my PC.

Chris Newberry

Quote from: Jamie McConnell on December 22, 2016, 12:53:23 AM

Hey Jamie, if you could pm me your estimated join date, I will update it in your profile.

Chris

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.