Security Sweep #5 [Lennox]

Started by Kali Reyes, December 07, 2016, 04:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kali Reyes

[Crewman Quarters]

She stood outside of Len's quarters for so long, Richards had to point it out in a way that made her startle.

"There a problem, Chief?"

"No!" she said, a little too fast for it to be natural. "Just catching my breath."

"For the last three minutes?"

Kali gave him a look. "Approximately?"

"Verily."

Spurred, she knocked on the door. "Knock, knock! Quarters inspection! I hope you're decent - or not, I can use the entertainment!" And with that, the doors swished open on command for them.

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Kali Reyes on December 07, 2016, 04:47:56 AM

[Crewman Quarters]

She stood outside of Len's quarters for so long, Richards had to point it out in a way that made her startle.

"There a problem, Chief?"

"No!" she said, a little too fast for it to be natural. "Just catching my breath."

"For the last three minutes?"

Kali gave him a look. "Approximately?"

"Verily."

Spurred, she knocked on the door. "Knock, knock! Quarters inspection! I hope you're decent - or not, I can use the entertainment!" And with that, the doors swished open on command for them.

[Personal quarters]

Lennox had his music set at a louder volume than usual as he stepped out of the shower, the towel wrapped around his waist as he muttered the lyrics to himself. He frowned, "Where the feckin' 'ell did I leave me shirt?"

His room was in need of a clean up, schematics of weaponry lay strewn around the table, books of old weapons were piled high and he probably had to return them some time. Lennox pulled out his first aid kit, he had been covering up a weapons misfire. The injury?

The phaser beam had just missed his ribcage.

He was in the midst of patching himself up when he heard Kali's voice ring out. Lennox, wide-eyed, stood to attention, completely forgetting that he lacked a shirt.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Kali Reyes

Len was standing there without a shirt. Music continued to blare out, but it might as well be muffled by the pounding in her ears.

"Crewman!" Richards shouted under the music. "You're injured!"

Oh right. He was injured too. Kali picked up her jaw and placed her hands on her hips hoping to emulate her best authoritarian look. Request medical assistance, request medical assistance, request medical -

"Nice abs," she greeted, then mentally kicked herself for it.

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Kali Reyes on December 08, 2016, 11:04:54 PM

Len was standing there without a shirt. Music continued to blare out, but it might as well be muffled by the pounding in her ears.

"Crewman!" Richards shouted under the music. "You're injured!"

Oh right. He was injured too. Kali picked up her jaw and placed her hands on her hips hoping to emulate her best authoritarian look. Request medical assistance, request medical assistance, request medical -

"Nice abs," she greeted, then mentally kicked herself for it.

His eyes flickered over to Richards standing next to Kali, realising that the music was probably a tad too loud for all three of them to converse at a normal level before flicking the switch to turn it off. The room fell into an unsettling silence as his injury had been pointed out.

Lennox cleared his throat, "Aye? This?" He gestured to the injury, trying to play it down, as if it probably would manage to sneak past the eyes of Kali. "Och, it's nothin' big. 'Ad plenty of 'his." It was evident that he had been in fights, several scars littered his body. Many of which stood forgotten. Certainly he glanced at Kali, his ears turning a light shade of pink as she tried to give off the authoritarian air before her comment caught him off-guard, ears now turning a bright red.

"I cannae find it, was doin' sprin' cleanin'." He fell out of his stance, looking once again for his shirt, trying to avoid the eyes of both Richards and Kali, hoping they weren't going to press the fact that he was still injured.

Kali Reyes

Lennox cleared his throat, "Aye? This?" He gestured to the injury, trying to play it down, as if it probably would manage to sneak past the eyes of Kali.

"Aye that!" Richards shot back in concern. "Chief, I'm calling it-"

Kali covered her mouth a bit to hide the ridiculous grin on her face, which was fantastic because it probably made her look more contemplative. "Looks like a little burn. Nothing too bad that a dermal generator can't fix." That, and poor Nurse Xavin might get her feathers fluttered checking it out. There was a positively sinful reason why Xavin forewent the Andorian cruiser for a mostly human Starfleet ship.

"Were you spring cleaning your giant rack of weapons?" she teased. "I'll hang you by your toes in the brig if you've got anything illegal on you." She was already fishing the dermal generator out of her tool belt to avoid staring too much.

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Kali Reyes on December 10, 2016, 02:50:03 AM

"Aye that!" Richards shot back in concern. "Chief, I'm calling it-"

Kali covered her mouth a bit to hide the ridiculous grin on her face, which was fantastic because it probably made her look more contemplative. "Looks like a little burn. Nothing too bad that a dermal generator can't fix." That, and poor Nurse Xavin might get her feathers fluttered checking it out. There was a positively sinful reason why Xavin forewent the Andorian cruiser for a mostly human Starfleet ship.

"Were you spring cleaning your giant rack of weapons?" she teased. "I'll hang you by your toes in the brig if you've got anything illegal on you." She was already fishing the dermal generator out of her tool belt to avoid staring too much.

It seemed as Kali was contemplating over the fact whether he should seek out medical attention, to the surprise of Richards. He let a little smirk crawl onto his face as he glanced between the two.

He cleared his throat, scratching at the back of his neck as Kali called him out on his weapon collection he had stuffed around his room, even if she was teasing, it was unfortunately true. Having the knowledge to hide them, Lennox straightened up.

"Ye considerin' takin' me te 'he brig, lass?" He said.

As he finished, something loud thudded against one of the doors, pushing it open and revealing he had a rather large rifle stuffed in one of the compartments. Lennox in a last ditch attempt, tried to step between him and it but he was pretty sure that she had seen it.

"Yer takin' up on 'hat?"

Despite circumstances, standing there shirtless and injured, he was glad eyes were taken off of him.

Kali Reyes

"Ye considerin' takin' me te 'he brig, lass?" He said.

"Not at all. I'm here for business, not pleasure," she quipped back while she powered the dermal generator. "The plasma-charged force field would do wonders for your complexion, though. Now c'mere and let me fix you up, big guy."

That was when the rifle fell out. Richards pinched the bridge of his nose while Kali stared at it.

"That doesn't look standard issue," Richards pointed out flatly.

"Nope."

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Kali Reyes on December 11, 2016, 01:02:48 AM

"Not at all. I'm here for business, not pleasure," she quipped back while she powered the dermal generator. "The plasma-charged force field would do wonders for your complexion, though. Now c'mere and let me fix you up, big guy."

That was when the rifle fell out. Richards pinched the bridge of his nose while Kali stared at it.

"That doesn't look standard issue," Richards pointed out flatly.

"Nope."

Lennox cleared his throat, going back to searching for his missing top. "I needed te learn more 'bout weaponry, certainly if we're goin' further inte 'he universe." Yes, he did try to justify why he had non-standard issued rifle stuffed into the closet.

Finally, he spotted something yellow and tugged on it. Lennox sighed, it was just a yellow piece of fabric he used to clean out the rifles. "God feckin' damnit." He muttered under his breath.

Kali Reyes

Lennox cleared his throat, going back to searching for his missing top. "I needed te learn more 'bout weaponry, certainly if we're goin' further inte 'he universe." Yes, he did try to justify why he had non-standard issued rifle stuffed into the closet.

"Well don't do it half-naked!" she said with a tiny whine. "Now get your ass over here before I make Sickbay mandatory!"

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Kali Reyes on December 12, 2016, 02:10:29 PM

"Well don't do it half-naked!" she said with a tiny whine. "Now get your ass over here before I make Sickbay mandatory!"

"I jus' 'ad a shower, Ms. Reyes."

He did not argue against the fact before taking the couple of steps towards her, eyeing the device in her hand. "'Hy would ye make me go te sickbay fer a small injury?"

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on December 12, 2016, 07:14:59 PM

"I jus' 'ad a shower, Ms. Reyes."

"God give me strength, I shall not succumb to temptation," she preached, but it was obvious she was just teasing.

He did not argue against the fact before taking the couple of steps towards her, eyeing the device in her hand. "'Hy would ye make me go te sickbay fer a small injury?"

"I wouldn't," Kali admitted before putting the regenerator to his skin. "But I've discovered the beauty of threats being your Chief of the Boat. I intend on taking advantage of my ultimate power if it means getting you to stop squirming."

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Kali Reyes on December 12, 2016, 08:45:44 PM

"God give me strength, I shall not succumb to temptation," she preached, but it was obvious she was just teasing.

"I wouldn't," Kali admitted before putting the regenerator to his skin. "But I've discovered the beauty of threats being your Chief of the Boat. I intend on taking advantage of my ultimate power if it means getting you to stop squirming."

Lennox tilted his head, a small smirk curling it's way up on his face. A joking sigh of relief had passed his lips as she admitted that she wouldn't put him in the Brig, "Lon' live Queen Reyes." A playful nature creeping into his tone, watching as she put the regenerator to his skin.

He was not one to flirt but he knew a good time for banter when he saw it, "Ye 'avin' a good view, ma'am?"

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on December 15, 2016, 08:37:14 PM

Lennox tilted his head, a small smirk curling it's way up on his face. A joking sigh of relief had passed his lips as she admitted that she wouldn't put him in the Brig, "Lon' live Queen Reyes." A playful nature creeping into his tone, watching as she put the regenerator to his skin.

He was not one to flirt but he knew a good time for banter when he saw it, "Ye 'avin' a good view, ma'am?"

"One of the best," she said warmly. "Top five best torsos. You should submit some headshots for Starfleet Finest." She may or may not have all of the hard copies of the male dominated space magazine for women. And she may or may not have a very rare issue of Captain Kirk in all of his barrel-chested greatness.

This whole thing reminded her to pick up the latest monthly issue the next time they were docked for shore leave. Once the dermal generator scanned the skin and reworked the burns into oblivion, Kali gave it a friendly pat and admired her handiwork. "Eat your heart out, Doctor Kintiss."

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Kali Reyes on December 16, 2016, 02:37:22 AM

"One of the best," she said warmly. "Top five best torsos. You should submit some headshots for Starfleet Finest." She may or may not have all of the hard copies of the male dominated space magazine for women. And she may or may not have a very rare issue of Captain Kirk in all of his barrel-chested greatness.

This whole thing reminded her to pick up the latest monthly issue the next time they were docked for shore leave. Once the dermal generator scanned the skin and reworked the burns into oblivion, Kali gave it a friendly pat and admired her handiwork. "Eat your heart out, Doctor Kintiss."

He couldn't help but grin in the cheesy thought of him posing for one of the magazines, shaking his head, dismissing it from thought. "Ye want te 'ave a look at the weapon cache? I've been findin' out interestin' ways and...well, from one o' 'em, it backfired. So, I put it in 'he naughty corner."

Lennox gestured to the rifle.

Kali Reyes

The naughty corner? As Kali put the dermal generator away, she followed where Len directed and Richards literally wanted to hit the deck.

"Live weapon!"

"Oh stop it," Kali chided him. "Len's a certified tech with weapons. It's not live." And she proved it by moving forward, her stylus lazily twirling between her fingers.

"What's wrong with it?" she asked, kneeling a good foot away. If there really was a malfunction, she didn't want to be caught in the butt end of it like Len did. "Do you need it repaired, Ainsley?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.