[Christmas Minisode] Constellation Christmas!

Started by Daniel Howell, December 06, 2016, 09:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hust Kinun

[JAG Offices]

If the holidays meant one thing to a lawyer, it meant more lawsuit filings and hearings than he knew what to do with. Happy Holidays indeed. He flipped through a PADD before looking up at his eighth visit for the day. "I'm sorry, Mr. Kovermana, but you can't sue the Klingon Empire for the conduct of their officers in their guest quarters. They weren't breaking any Federation laws."

The older Bolian in front of him sputtered, incredulous that Hust wouldn't be the one to file this. "W... Well fine! I'll file it myself! What else am I to do! They were disrupting my annual Day of Lights observance with that AWFUL noise!"

I would suggest you contact Engineering to see about more soundproof walls in your quarters. As to the awful noise, that was Klingon Opera. If your recording serves, was Shevok'tah gish. Very good piece.

The Bolian stood, resolute. "If you won't go to Klingon courts- I'll find somone who will!" He said, and stormed out. The last words of advice Hust gave were, "Klingon Courts are not known for their hospitality."

He sighed, and leaned back in his chair, waiting for the next one. He listened to the silence, enjoying it and finally finding true peace without the voices of all the station members in his head.

Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Vem, son of Motag on December 08, 2016, 10:21:57 PM

[Klingon Restaurant]

Vem's normally cheery face soured into a grim smile as he explained the previous situation.

"By Garlop's Razor that sounds like a nightmare 'Ap'en." He said apologetically and bowed his head for a moment.

"But yes- pie does sound wonderful." He responded, accepting and partaking in it, his attitude changing on a dime.

"It sounds like you and yours could very much benefit from some of the festivities. As you know, this isn't jus' the hu-mons times of celebration. This year it lines up with the Klingon's celebration of Krak-jor and the kendai sect of the Bajoran's observe Rek'ja. The former is a bloody affair-"

As if it emphasis this Vem padded at the shallow cut on his chest with a paper napkin unconciously,

"but the Rek'ja service is a quiet, private one. So I doubt we will be having any issue from them."

[Klingon Restaurant]

"I'll leave it in your capable hands, Chaplain." He said. "We also need to coordinate some kind of memorial service for the fallen."

Stafford studied the blood pie and felt his stomach turn. He stood.

"I've got to meet Dan for our morning constitution." The captain said. "Strong temple and all that, right chaplain?"

Sevoc

(Science Station)

Sevoc didn't care much for all this "Holiday hubbub." He thought the observance of things like this drastically reduced crew productivity and was an overall nuisance. He just went about doing mundane research like it was any other time of the year.

He wasn't particularly close to anyone and he was still dealing with the effects of his contamination. He was just waiting for whatever would need done next.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Martin Jones

[Starport]
Martin stepped off the transport and onto the Columbus for the first time; actually for his first post, much to his surprise which was aboard a star base not that he minded his post. He was actually looking forward to it and the chance to work on nearly any ship in the fleet or not even in the Federation, and with some of state of the art technology. After walking into waiting area he looked back through a large viewport into the space dock. From what he could tell the dock looked to be on the busy side of things, not that he much reference to base that off of. Martin glanced down at his PADD containing his transfer orders, noticing nothing had changed, and he still had three days before he was due to report in. Until then just enjoy some of the facilities, and a couple more cramped nights aboard the transport.  For now he heard that the base had a couple of very nice bars, and he could use a drink, even if only synthol.

Martin walk into the bar, taking a seat and ordering a drink and a real meal for a change, while making small talk with a few others at the bar as well. As another newcomer fought the crowed bar to get a seat and ordering a coffee much to his surprise. With that said, he hardly even knew what day it was, let alone time. Extended periods on transports tend to have that effect. "Busy place" Martin said looking over. It took Martin a minute, then he finally noticed the rank of the new comer "I didn't even notice, sorry Sir." Martin commented after notice the Lt. Commander Pips.

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Promenade]

Captain Stafford was on his way to meet up with Daniel when his PADD blinked, signifying an incoming message:

Dear Mr. Stafford,
I am to understand that festivities are to take place on your station. I trust your TT-D17s are submitted (in triplicate). Please enjoy your holiday fun with moderation in mind. The Athena is not the same without you.

Regards,
Captain Constance Lafayette
CO, USS Athena

She even sends private messages like she's filing paperwork. For the first time in what felt like forever, Stafford laughed.

"What's funny, captain?" A voice asked.

He looked away from his PADD to see a small alien child of indeterminate or mixed heritage strolling around the Promenade. The little angel was riding a steaming food cart, dispensing its wares and making a killing from the happy holiday crowd, from the looks of it.

"I'll take one," Stafford said, still smiling. "Of everything."

"They're like sausages, but don't ask what they really are. The sauce and the ale are from Earth, though." The kid was already dishing him out some steaming meat and a big mug of yellow ale. With it came a tiny fork to keep his hands neat.

"See my aide, Ensign Bustard. She'll set you right." Stafford said, mouth already watering at the savory scent.

"I have no doubt you're good for it, captain. You're one of our best customers."

Stafford found a small, self-serve cafe table and a single stool to perch himself on. He dug in to the sausages. It was topped with some kind of fiery spicy tomato sauce, and the kid was right, it did taste of sausage. It was still a far cry from currywurst or barbecue, but the ale more than made up for it.

By the time he'd finished eating he was all ready with his response:

Dear Captain Lafayette,

Your charming message was like a rainbow on an otherwise cloudy day. Please feel free to stop by the Starbase Columbus with your crew at any time throughout the holiday season. Your cheery presence has been sadly lacking in my life since we last parted.

Also, you owe me a promotion prank holodeck session.

Your Right Hand Man,

Luke Stafford

It was perfect. Stafford dumped the remainder of his sausage into a nearby replicator to recycle, and walked off with his ale while he sent the message.

Michael J. Tritter

Tritter had been relaxing, at least as much as the Chief of Security of a large Starbase could. Thankfully things were quiet for the most part. He truthfully, had the hankering for a beer, but he was the type to not drink alcohol in-front of the kids, so he stayed beverage-less for the time being. A few moments later, he would notice his youngest take off, he almost got up to go get her, she usually did not rush off. He saw she ran over to a familiar face, but he was happy to see who she ran off to meet.

He watched the other man scoop up the young child and make his way over, taking a seat next to Tritter. The man settled in next to him and than looked over towards Tritter, he smiled slightly "You want something?" Tritter chuckled and shook his head, "No, I am good, thank you though" Ryan than shrugged a bit, "Well, I'm parched, so I'll get something for me" With that, he would get up. He was a medium sized man, around 250 pounds and six foot three in height. He had a certain confidence about him and he was fairly well built, although he did look a bit on the younger side however. He made his way over to the nearby bar, he knew they served non-alcohol related items from a prior visit . He ordered and paid for an ice water.

Once the man had the beverage, he would make his way back to his family. Ryan would take the same seat he was in before. Not long after he sat down, he had a child in his lap. Their youngest seemed to enjoy that, for some strange reason. He was not much of a kid man, but he learned to like them after time. Ryan would wrap his left arm around the kid and proceed to drink his water. The two men didn't discuss much, except for a few small things, but one could tell they were close by their body language towards each other. Their oldest however, was content to sit with his water and make small talk with both of them. However the youngest was quiet, just simply happy to be sitting in Ryan's lap and having her root beer, although he did hope she didn't dump it on him at some point.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Vem, son of Motag

Quote from: Martin Jones on December 09, 2016, 07:47:25 AM

[Starport]
Martin stepped off the transport and onto the Columbus for the first time; actually for his first post, much to his surprise which was aboard a star base not that he minded his post. He was actually looking forward to it and the chance to work on nearly any ship in the fleet or not even in the Federation, and with some of state of the art technology. After walking into waiting area he looked back through a large viewport into the space dock. From what he could tell the dock looked to be on the busy side of things, not that he much reference to base that off of. Martin glanced down at his PADD containing his transfer orders, noticing nothing had changed, and he still had three days before he was due to report in. Until then just enjoy some of the facilities, and a couple more cramped nights aboard the transport.  For now he heard that the base had a couple of very nice bars, and he could use a drink, even if only synthol.

Martin walk into the bar, taking a seat and ordering a drink and a real meal for a change, while making small talk with a few others at the bar as well. As another newcomer fought the crowed bar to get a seat and ordering a coffee much to his surprise. With that said, he hardly even knew what day it was, let alone time. Extended periods on transports tend to have that effect. "Busy place" Martin said looking over. It took Martin a minute, then he finally noticed the rank of the new comer "I didn't even notice, sorry Sir." Martin commented after notice the Lt. Commander Pips.

[Klingon Restaurant]

Vem gave a nod to the Captain, but did not stand when he did. He was far too interested in the food before him.

"Yeah yeah~ and all that." He repeated as he shoved something alive into his mouth and crunched merrelie. After polishing off the meal and paying his dues he resumed his awkward attempt to hand out presents. That, however, made him rather thirsty and- given time rather craving a drink.

[Bar]
"The swill here is great if you like recycled and reclaimed water." Vem said, the dreadlocked and face-painted Klingon said to Martin out of nowhere, sliding up onto a bar stool. The strange Klingon had a red Santa outfit on but a Starfleet comm badge on his chest, signifying he worked for the station.

"I, honestly, rather enjoy tha' notion. It's a cycle- like rain on an m-class planet. I piss out my beer and before long I'm drinking it again in a new form. It's very... wÁƒº wéi, if you're read up on your daodejing." The Klingon continued in a raspy baritone that would have been intimidating if it were not for the overwhelming enthusiasm and undeniable positivity he radiated from his person.

"Wid' a look like Á¢â,¬Ëœdat you mus' be new to tha' station." He said, a grandfatherly grin on his face.

Vem, Son of Motag
Federation Humanitarian Chaplain
Homeopathic Doctor

Kirok

Quote from: Vem, son of Motag on December 09, 2016, 08:05:54 PM

[Klingon Restaurant]

Vem gave a nod to the Captain, but did not stand when he did. He was far too interested in the food before him.

"Yeah yeah~ and all that." He repeated as he shoved something alive into his mouth and crunched merrelie. After polishing off the meal and paying his dues he resumed his awkward attempt to hand out presents. That, however, made him rather thirsty and- given time rather craving a drink.

[Bar]
"The swill here is great if you like recycled and reclaimed water." Vem said, the dreadlocked and face-painted Klingon said to Martin out of nowhere, sliding up onto a bar stool. The strange Klingon had a red Santa outfit on but a Starfleet comm badge on his chest, signifying he worked for the station.

"I, honestly, rather enjoy tha' notion. It's a cycle- like rain on an m-class planet. I piss out my beer and before long I'm drinking it again in a new form. It's very... wÁƒº wéi, if you're read up on your daodejing." The Klingon continued in a raspy baritone that would have been intimidating if it were not for the overwhelming enthusiasm and undeniable positivity he radiated from his person.

"Wid' a look like Á¢â,¬Ëœdat you mus' be new to tha' station." He said, a grandfatherly grin on his face.

[Bar]

Though she really didn't feel up to it, Zex forced herself to shower and get dressed in a pretty blue dress.  The hem came up just above her knees.  If she was lucky, maybe someone would finally compliment her.

So out of her quarters she went.  In search of a friendly face.  And the first one she saw was Vem.

He seemed, already, to be in conversation with a new comer.  So, he Deltan raised a hand.  And waved it slightly.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

LK Reede

[Klingon Restaurant]

LK stopped at the entrance to the restaurant in time to see the Deltan toss out a small wave to a Klingon dressed a bit like the Santa Claus she remembered from the colony. With the dreadlocks and painted streaks on his face, he didn't seem to be like any Klingon she'd ever seen before. And although she preferred human fare, most of the crew seemed to be gathered here.

So in she went, stopping next to Zex. Seeing a familiar face ratcheted down LK's nervousness a little.

"Hi. Nice dress. Wish I'd thought to wear something other than my uniform."

Daniel Howell

Quote from: LK Reede on December 10, 2016, 07:49:51 PM

[Klingon Restaurant]

LK stopped at the entrance to the restaurant in time to see the Deltan toss out a small wave to a Klingon dressed a bit like the Santa Claus she remembered from the colony. With the dreadlocks and painted streaks on his face, he didn't seem to be like any Klingon she'd ever seen before. And although she preferred human fare, most of the crew seemed to be gathered here.

So in she went, stopping next to Zex. Seeing a familiar face ratcheted down LK's nervousness a little.

Promenade
Howell had finished his coffee and thought what to do next as he put the coffee cup back into the replicator to get recycled. Surprisingly, Dan soon realised he preferred it when there was work to do, at least that way he had something productive to do. he didn't want to shut himself away for the Christmas season just yet and so decided to head over to the Klingon Restaurant as he had noticed some officers heading there.

Klingon Restaurant
Howell walked up to the entrance to see many familiar faces gathered there. He saw Captain Stafford and Vem in conversation and thought it best not to disturb them. He owner of the restaurant, also a Klingon had become a good friend of Howell in the months that he had been stationed on the base. Although Dan never really took part in Klingon rituals and beliefs, he had picked up some of the Klingon language. As the Klingon looked over at Howell, Dan nodded his head saying across to him "nuqneH jup" (Which roughly translated as Good Day my friend). yI'el The Klingon replied and in a deep Klingon voiced asked What can I get you Commander? "Some Blood wine if you will please." Dan replied. "roSenQatlh." Dan commented (Meaning Thank You) as he was handed the blood wine.

He then walked over to Zex and Reede saying "Hello Ladies, having fun?"

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Hust Kinun

[Office]

Hust finished his last person in line- for now. He sighed, leaning back. He decided it'd be best if he got some food, but his tastes were for something... more flesh-like. An aftermath of the infection, he'd had slightly more carnivorous streak in his diet. He stood up and left his office, locking up behind him. He took the turbolift, rocketing it up to the promenade.

[Klingon Entrance]

Hust slipped by, trying to stay unnoticed. He got his food, what appeared to be leg of Targ, and took it toward the back, saying nothing and meeting nobody. He saw the rest of the people around, but didn't see any of the crew, though it was entirely possible they saw him. He began to eat, keeping very nice and clean- for Klingon cuisine.

Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Martin Jones

Martin laughed slightly at the comment about the drinks available. The man who just sat down would have been a different enough on a normal day, let alone the Santa outfit. But if there was anything he was taught at the academy, it was expect the unexpected, and Starfleet had a bit of everything in it.

"I am, transport got in early, and it was going to get me in early for my orders to begin with. Tis' the season. So I take it the well-worn uniform that a replicator probably won't accept gave it away? At least I will be able to get cleaned up before reporting in."

Jason Morgan

Restraunt

The young man walked into the bar as it seemed to be where everyone was gathering, he had orders to report to Captain Stafford it he next morning but had arrived a day early, so he decided to have a walk around and hopefully get to know people and places.

As he entered the bar he looked around noticing the Klingon Santa and a few Starfleet officers including two females talking to a commander, what is it about Deltan women that makes their eyes stand out so much, is it the lack of hair? He wondered to himself as he made his way to the bar, regretting he had turned up in uniform as he did.

He ordered his favourite drink a Bourbon on ice and sat on a bar stool surveying the room, trying to decide if anyone else was new as he was and at the same time work up the courage to speak to anyone, although there were two people here he doubted he would ever have the nerve to approach.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Sevoc on December 09, 2016, 01:52:09 AM

(Science Station)

Sevoc didn't care much for all this "Holiday hubbub." He thought the observance of things like this drastically reduced crew productivity and was an overall nuisance. He just went about doing mundane research like it was any other time of the year.

He wasn't particularly close to anyone and he was still dealing with the effects of his contamination. He was just waiting for whatever would need done next.

[Operations - Science Station]

Stafford's hip was absolutely killing him. He had told himself that he was going to do without the cane, to force his muscles, ligaments and joints to adapt. But it was hard going.

"Ensign Sevoc," The captain said when he entered. "How are you holding up?"

The Andorian and Vulcan hybrid had been one of the first victims of last month's zombie phage. None of the affected crew, not members of the senior staff like Sevoc or Hust Kinun, seemed too worse for the wear. But it never hurt to ask.

"I brought you an Andorian ale from the food cart down on the Promenade," Stafford said, offering the ensign a tankard. "We're having ourselves a little party down there. Kind of an impromptu get together, if you're interested."

Kirok

Quote from: LK Reede on December 10, 2016, 07:49:51 PM

[Klingon Restaurant]

[Bar]

"Oh thanks" Zex replied as she turned to face LK.  "If you are not on duty, I think you have time to change" the Deltan said.  "I might even have something you could wear if you want" she added.

Quote from: Daniel Howell on December 10, 2016, 09:24:48 PM

Promenade
Howell had finished his coffee and thought what to do next as he put the coffee cup back into the replicator to get recycled. Surprisingly, Dan soon realised he preferred it when there was work to do, at least that way he had something productive to do. he didn't want to shut himself away for the Christmas season just yet and so decided to head over to the Klingon Restaurant as he had noticed some officers heading there.

Klingon Restaurant
Howell walked up to the entrance to see many familiar faces gathered there. He saw Captain Stafford and Vem in conversation and thought it best not to disturb them. He owner of the restaurant, also a Klingon had become a good friend of Howell in the months that he had been stationed on the base. Although Dan never really took part in Klingon rituals and beliefs, he had picked up some of the Klingon language. As the Klingon looked over at Howell, Dan nodded his head saying across to him "nuqneH jup" (Which roughly translated as Good Day my friend). yI'el The Klingon replied and in a deep Klingon voiced asked What can I get you Commander? "Some Blood wine if you will please." Dan replied. "roSenQatlh." Dan commented (Meaning Thank You) as he was handed the blood wine.

He then walked over to Zex and Reede saying "Hello Ladies, having fun?"

[Bar]

"Hi Dan" Zex replied.  She offered a shrug and a half smile in response to his question.  "Do you have any plans for the holiday?" she asked curiously.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.