A Secret Meeting (Closed to Luke/Kirok)

Started by Kirok, December 01, 2016, 06:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hust Kinun

[DAFA]

Hust nodded. "Aye, Sir." he said, and pulled out his own PADD from his pocket, getting to work and quickly becoming lost in the work. He had up every log he had access to, but ran into quite a few walls that he didn't have access to.

He had a lot of tabs open, including the logs of the USS Athena, the autopsy of Captain DuPont, as well as the Bajoran and Federation and Bajoran reports on the massacre at Tarna. He was having issues accessing the logs of the USS Tuscon. He tapped the control panel on the table and spoke, seeming to have forgotten the two superior officers in the room. =/\= Computer, access logs for the USS Tuscon. =/\=

Access to logs have been... restricted came the reply from the computer. He sighed, and pressed a few buttons on the menu in front of him. He submitted the require paperwork to subpoena the records, and now had to wait as he poured over the rest of the logs and reports.

[30 Minutes Later]

He got a notification on his PADD, and smiled. The logs had come through, and now he was looking at them. Unfortunately for him, the drugs were starting to wear off... he'd need another dose sooner than later. His mind became a bit open, barely showing itself and the shaking of his hand became more pronouced. Other than that, he was normal as he finished scrolling the logs. He was unaware of anything outside of his surroundings.

[45 minutes later]

He finished looking over the logs, and set down his PADD, a frown on his face. He looked up, looking for the the Admiral and Captain if they were still in the room. "OK, I have reviewed the evidence availble to me." he said, not revealing his conclusion. He slid the PADD toward them, with the sources he'd used on it. "Anything else I should review, sir?"

Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Kirok

Quote from: Hust Kinun on December 22, 2016, 02:10:27 PM

[DAFA]

Hust nodded. "Aye, Sir." he said, and pulled out his own PADD from his pocket, getting to work and quickly becoming lost in the work. He had up every log he had access to, but ran into quite a few walls that he didn't have access to.

He had a lot of tabs open, including the logs of the USS Athena, the autopsy of Captain DuPont, as well as the Bajoran and Federation and Bajoran reports on the massacre at Tarna. He was having issues accessing the logs of the USS Tuscon. He tapped the control panel on the table and spoke, seeming to have forgotten the two superior officers in the room. =/\= Computer, access logs for the USS Tuscon. =/\=

Access to logs have been... restricted came the reply from the computer. He sighed, and pressed a few buttons on the menu in front of him. He submitted the require paperwork to subpoena the records, and now had to wait as he poured over the rest of the logs and reports.

[30 Minutes Later]

He got a notification on his PADD, and smiled. The logs had come through, and now he was looking at them. Unfortunately for him, the drugs were starting to wear off... he'd need another dose sooner than later. His mind became a bit open, barely showing itself and the shaking of his hand became more pronouced. Other than that, he was normal as he finished scrolling the logs. He was unaware of anything outside of his surroundings.

[45 minutes later]

He finished looking over the logs, and set down his PADD, a frown on his face. He looked up, looking for the the Admiral and Captain if they were still in the room. "OK, I have reviewed the evidence availble to me." he said, not revealing his conclusion. He slid the PADD toward them, with the sources he'd used on it. "Anything else I should review, sir?"

[DAFA]

"No. I think that is enough.  So, what is your honest assessment.  Does Section 31 exist?" Kirok asked as he sat forward.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Hust Kinun

Quote from: Kirok on December 23, 2016, 03:05:12 AM

[DAFA]

"No. I think that is enough.  So, what is your honest assessment.  Does Section 31 exist?" Kirok asked as he sat forward.

[DAFA]

He sat back, thinking over the evidence at hand right now. He squirmed a little bit, not liking to make finite and definite decisions on a whim. It wasn't in his character.

He sighed and spoke. "Well, sir, I lack any specific evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the organization exists, but there is a seeming pattern of events that does indicate the possibility of an outside force. Enough so that it is unlikely to be random coincidence."

Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Hust Kinun on December 23, 2016, 03:59:16 AM

[DAFA]

He sat back, thinking over the evidence at hand right now. He squirmed a little bit, not liking to make finite and definite decisions on a whim. It wasn't in his character.

He sighed and spoke. "Well, sir, I lack any specific evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the organization exists, but there is a seeming pattern of events that does indicate the possibility of an outside force. Enough so that it is unlikely to be random coincidence."

[DAFA]

"You ever heard the name 'Archangel T'Koris', ensign?" Stafford asked. He didn't wait for an answer, but continued.

"She's a former Starfleet commander. Half Romulan, half human. Been accused of espionage before by both her people and ours." By 'ours' Stafford meant the Federation. "She's an engineer by trade. Not exactly clever, but has a kind of low cunning along with a nasty disposition. She's a confirmed Section 31 agent who has attempted to kidnap and attack Admiral Kirok here in the past. Perhaps most dangerously of all, she's my ex and the mother of one of my children."

Underhanded, Stafford flipped a PADD at Kinun. "Read up on her. She's a starting point, or some background material. Either way, we want you to investigate S31 here on the Columbus. Does it exist? If so, who?"

A contemplative sip of cold coffee, and then Stafford went on.

"You're going to be investigating my people. Your fellow officers. Even myself. You're doing important work, but you cannot let them know that. Section 31 officially does not exist. And so you will investigate starbase operations under the guise of a Judge Advocate General probe into corruption, espionage, financial irregularities, and so on. You are not going to be very popular. How does that sound, ensign?"

Hust Kinun

Quote from: Luke Stafford on December 23, 2016, 04:22:34 PM

[DAFA]

"You ever heard the name 'Archangel T'Koris', ensign?" Stafford asked. He didn't wait for an answer, but continued.

"She's a former Starfleet commander. Half Romulan, half human. Been accused of espionage before by both her people and ours." By 'ours' Stafford meant the Federation. "She's an engineer by trade. Not exactly clever, but has a kind of low cunning along with a nasty disposition. She's a confirmed Section 31 agent who has attempted to kidnap and attack Admiral Kirok here in the past. Perhaps most dangerously of all, she's my ex and the mother of one of my children."

Underhanded, Stafford flipped a PADD at Kinun. "Read up on her. She's a starting point, or some background material. Either way, we want you to investigate S31 here on the Columbus. Does it exist? If so, who?"

A contemplative sip of cold coffee, and then Stafford went on.

"You're going to be investigating my people. Your fellow officers. Even myself. You're doing important work, but you cannot let them know that. Section 31 officially does not exist. And so you will investigate starbase operations under the guise of a Judge Advocate General probe into corruption, espionage, financial irregularities, and so on. You are not going to be very popular. How does that sound, ensign?"

[DAFA]

"T'Korris... Ex captain of the retired Federation Starship Phoenix... Transferred from here to Starbase Athena, reasons unknown." he said, reciting off facts he'd read up on.

He nodded as the man spoke, filling in gaps that Hust would need to think about... but if there was such a shadow operation, this would extend from the top down. "I understand, sir." he said. He'd have to be careful to not turn this into a witch hunt, but he knew it could be done.

He nodded at the cover. "I'll prepare the documents for the investigation into corruption. And sir, I'm a lawyer. I'm not exactly very popular in the best of times."

He thought, but didn't voice, his concerns that his actions would already have brought him into a set of crosshairs he didn't want to be with.

It was all a matter of time now.

Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Kirok

Quote from: Hust Kinun on December 24, 2016, 02:55:02 AM

[DAFA]

"T'Korris... Ex captain of the retired Federation Starship Phoenix... Transferred from here to Starbase Athena, reasons unknown." he said, reciting off facts he'd read up on.

He nodded as the man spoke, filling in gaps that Hust would need to think about... but if there was such a shadow operation, this would extend from the top down. "I understand, sir." he said. He'd have to be careful to not turn this into a witch hunt, but he knew it could be done.

He nodded at the cover. "I'll prepare the documents for the investigation into corruption. And sir, I'm a lawyer. I'm not exactly very popular in the best of times."

He thought, but didn't voice, his concerns that his actions would already have brought him into a set of crosshairs he didn't want to be with.

It was all a matter of time now.

[DAFA]

Kirok had been quiet for sometime.  "That is all we can ask" the half Vulcan replied.  "Please report your findings directly to Captain Stafford" he added.

"But be careful and extra cautious.  Your behavior will need to be beyond reproach to help with the authenticity of your reports.  Especially if you are to find a Section 31 spy aboard the Columbus" he said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.